A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

comment on Meridian and their Chartnet - Sunshine

Posted: Mar 26, 2012

Can anyone comment on Meridian and their Chartnet, ability to earn, insurance, pros and cons?  Thank you :)

Read very recent archives, past 3-4 weeks. - Covers it all. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

I think it would be hard to determine from the archives - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When looking over all the archives, not only from 3 to 4 weeks ago, it seems like a lot changes have occurred there over time. You read some that absolutely love it and some that absolutely hate it, but do the terms of hire stay the same 6 months or a year down the road?

I'm really curious as to how many that loved it years ago are still there and if so, what changes have been made in the years you've been there. Any pay cuts, changes in PTO, changes in the way lines are counted (weighted lines) on different platforms, etc.? I'm not talking about VR changes as that's a given. I'm wondering if changes have been made for the benefit of the company or the benefit of the MT.

No changes. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
All of the answers to your questions are no. No change in pay, except VR (which is to the benefit of the company), which is still very good (higher than most), PTO, benefits, etc. I have only worked on 2 platforms and the line rate/count is the same.

They require extensive experience, quality work, and reliable MTs. Schedules are flexible.

Some do say they hate it. I love it, and hope to retire here, but you can't really go on another MT's opinion about that. One MT on here said she was fired because she typed Toprol XL instead of Toprol-XL!!! Really.....? I hardly think so.

I have only worked with 2 account managers, both very good. QA expects you to be accurate and most definitely follow specs. Other than that, they encourage you to send work to QA and not guess. There are no penalities for sending work to QA. They do not mind you asking questions either.

A seasoned MT would like this company. Others who are not so reliable or attentive to their jobs, not so much.

P.S. I do not accept e mails from this site.

Meridian - Sunnie

[ In Reply To ..]
May I ask about how many lines u produce in an 8 hour period? On Chartnet?
Oh, okay... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I did not actually answer that one.

It depends on any given day. I try to do about 50/50 VR and typing, and I average 1000 lines each, so total 2,000. The minimum requirement is 1,800 total, no matter what type of work you are doing.

The pay is not the one-size-fits all. It depends on different things, but they do pay much higher than most companies, and there is usually more than eough work.
Meridian - Sunny
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank u so much.....Just so hard to figure out if the money will be better. I am at higher pay now than I was proposed at Meridian, but working on a terrible platform. Also worried my huge company will buy out Meridian and I will jump for nothing lol.
Sunny - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, to be honest with you, ChartNet is a little slower than I would like but I would not call it a "terrible" platform. I was used to much faster, but I make decent money with it, even though it is less since VR. I would say I should make about $40,000 this year. I work on an easy account, even though it appears complicated to those who attempt to train on it, but mine is not a good example of their accounts.

Why do you think your company would buy Meridian? I do not know for an absolute fact, but I hope the company is not for sale. They have grown ALOT in the last few years, but they have never ever been in favor of off-shoring. I guess the industry being what it is these days, VR was the answer to them remaining competitive. Most of their accounts are local, meaning in Indiana. They do not over-hire. We hardly ever run out of work unless there are huge snow storms there, or sometimes around Christmas, but not in the last couple years. Most MTs have backup accounts.

They want responsible, experienced, and reliable MTs. Their schedules are flexible. Each week you submit a schedule for the following week, committing to hours and production. You need to stick with that, unless something urgent happens, and then you e mail your AM. Their expectation is 1,800 very accurate lines a day, regardless of the hours it takes you to do it. If we work outside of our schedule because we are out of TAT, there is an incentive pay but you are never requested to work more than 40 hours a week.

Here's the thing. They do not want MTs who are unreliable and have every excuse in the world why they cannot meet their schedule commitment or required lines. They want team players who are willing to help out extra when needed so they do not have to over-hire. You are of course given instructions, specifics, samples etc., just like everywhere else. They very politely answer your questions or help you resolve problems, but you are also judged on whether or not you know when it is appropriate to send something to QA. That does not just mean excess reports to QA, but also not enough. You need to use your experience and following account specs. Once you are straight comfortable with the platform and the account specs, you should be able to work independently.

Again, I have only worked with 2 AMs, but this is what I have found to be the case. Good customer service and very accurate reports are of the utmost importance to them. There is a reason why they want MTs with 10 years experience, and it works for all concerned, the company, the client, the patient, and the MT. You have to be serious about your job and concentrate on all that entails, not worrying about your income or line count so much until you have mastered what is required on your account. They want to see that you too are concerned about client satisfaction. Then you will start to see your income increasing steadily.

This is a personal choice and commitment, and many MTs don't make the grade, but I would not listen to their opinions about Meridian because you do not know what kind of MT they are. Just because someone gets on here and says, "I have 15, 25, 30 years experience," does not make them a good MT. It requires a lot more than that. Only you know what kind of MT you are.
Meridian - Sunnie
[ In Reply To ..]
and a big thank you for all your help:)

Similar Messages:

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

A Comment On The Swamp Board -- Sm
May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" ...

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...

Accentus Employees Comment Please.
Nov 05, 2012

what is the work situation so far there now? Notice they posted job opening. I need a job before I lose my mind completely. ...

Can I Make A Comment About The Test Itself?
Mar 11, 2014

I don't see anyone talking about the test itself or working coders or coding students bringing it up, so I will. I went to school for coding, got certified and could not find a job. That aside, the A and P portion of my schooling was extremely intense. I have been an MT for 15 years and I had no idea how lacking my knowledge of A/P really was. I figured just because I was an MT, it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I would encourage you not to take this test lightly. BTW, I am part-tim ...

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON SOFTSCRIPT TO WORK FOR
Mar 24, 2014

Posts are from 2008 and up.  Does anyone work for Softscript right now that can share information about this company?  Straight typing or editing.  What is the pay?  Is there plenty of work?   How much ESL?   Thanks much! ...

Question About Comment Seen On This Board
May 18, 2014

I've seen people say drs are fed up with VR. Specifically, how would the poster know that and know it is happening on a broad scale? ...

I Have To Comment On The Below Posts About Not Getting Paid For Standards...
Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.   Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards. ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Interesting Comment About Transcend For Investors From
Oct 23, 2010

"SADIF Investment Analytics, announces a new summary due diligence report covering Transcend Services, Inc. (TRCR). The report uses SADIF's powerful StockMarks™ stock rating system and contains important analysis for any current or potential Transcend Services, Inc. investor. Report Summary: Transcend Services, Inc. is a below average quality company with a neutral outlook. Transcend Services, Inc. has strong business growth and is run by efficient management. The trend in Transcend S ...

Can Anybody Comment On Radiology Work At M*Modal?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anybody comment on whether there is steady work or not?  I was told they have plenty of radiology accounts to keep me busy nonstop any hours of the day. ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

OTI: How Would You Like To Respond To The Recent Work Flow Email And Comment?!
Nov 29, 2013

Does A not realize most of us were celebrating Thanksgiving with our family and giving no thought to OTI?!!!!!!! ...

Meridian HCS
Mar 30, 2012

Anyone have any info on this company?  Anyone currently working for them? ...

Meridian/KS
Apr 24, 2012

I have been offered 2 positions, any thoughts where to go? Thanks for any input. ...

Anything About Meridian?
May 21, 2012

Anyone know anything about Meridian?  Pay?  Benefits?  Do you like it or not?  VR?  Or Straight Typing?  Anything would help me out! ...

Meridian HCS - NJA
Jun 21, 2012

Is anyone else working for Meridian having problems getting work?  Its a great company to work for, but I can't keep waiting for the work to come.  Did they hire too many MTs?  Just curious to know how other MTs are doing with Meridian. ...

To Meridian MTs
Dec 29, 2012

http://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg   It gets worse here every day!   ...

Being Ex-Meridian
Apr 08, 2013

Wonder how many ex-Meridianites got the layoff?  sitting here NJA again...on 3 accounts.  I am so frustrated.  Went into this with an open mind but the only side that keeps getting more evidence is the side that says get the heck out of Dodge (if I don't get kicked out by a layoff first).  actively looking for another job.  It's sad what is happening to seasoned MTs who it seems like they are getting the boot because they are productive.  Me-15 years and&n ...

MERIDIAN MTs
Oct 09, 2013

Just curious about what's happening with the other MTs from Meridian and if any are still with MModal.  I left end of June - Best decision I ever made.  Currently working for a local MD M-F, salary.  My whole outlook on life changed once I made the change in employment.  There is hope out there. ...

Any Info On Meridian?
Aug 28, 2010

Do you know if they have steady work and if it is feasible to get your line count? ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Meridian/Indianapolis
Sep 29, 2011

Can anyone give me any information on Meridian, good or bad? Also interested in whether they provide your computer or if you need to use your own. May e-mail me if you wish. ...

Meridian Questions
Jan 31, 2012

Can anyone give me information on working at Meridian? Good company, bad? Schedules? Do they offer part time positions? Pay rate? Thanks in advance for any info. ...