A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A comment on the Swamp Board -- sm - ververyoldMT

Posted: May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" board does not have a way of just adding hours to those missed (for whatever reason, NJA, computer glitches) making up the deficit.  

I know I am being clear as mud.   Here is my example of what happened to me.   I am normally scheduled 24 hours a week.  Most Pay periods I have 48-49 hours; others have no more than 52 hours to be scheduled.   A pay week I was sick and could not work a 2-hour shift I had.   Okay, it was too late to put it on swamp board, but I was told just pick up the missed hours from someone else on the other days left in  my payperiod.  I did, and ended up with 69 HOURS that my timesheet in SS told me I had to work that pay period.   Oh man.  Then I was told just unclaim the shifts????  You can't do that if they have already passed!!!!.   So, guess what, we MTs are left with being out of compliance...  I still have not been able to make myself understood about this.

With lockout we have to claim more time, but it adds it does not Swap!!!! 

Yep a real murky Catch 22 swamp land....  Has anyone else seen this, or am I just a confused trooper here?  Would it be remiss to put it on the suggestion "box" MQ has about questions and comments?

just ust PTO or unpaid time off - why deal with it at all? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I believe it's up to your CCM to delete the hours - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you did not work. This happened to me. I had an appointment and put my hours I couldn't work up on the swapboard - no one claimed them. I called CCM the day before my appt and she said she would take them off my schedule and then I was to just claim those hours on the swapboard later in the week. Hope this is clear and helps you.

Well, I did all of the above... sm - ververyoldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I DID ask my CCM to take them off. She would not. Also, I have not had PTO in 4ever..... Another thing, you are only allowed something like 2 days of time off without pay, or something like that. It is hopeless. I asked repeatedly for the hours to not show. My CCM never did fix it. So there they are with all the deficits, and I did try.... No one has sent me nasty grams or threatened to fire me. I do my production. I try as best to get the hours in, even though it is getting increasingly harder and harder.

Are we supposed to be claiming hours on the swap board when OT is approved (even though I am PT, and that means we can jump on whenever). But, to do that "OT" extra work, do I have to claim hours I will work? I hate it. Why can we not just get on when there are not a lot of others if help is needed without having to lock into 1 or 2 hour shifts?
Baloney. I'm just fed up. Yep I know nothing I can do about it.

Similar Messages:

I Hate The Swamp Board
Apr 09, 2010

I really thought it would be a good thing, but it sucks!  Can't get any answers on how it all works, can't claim a partial shift, can't see schedule past this week to even swap some hours for later in the month. What a mess.  Can nothing be EASY at this place? ...

Swamp Board Question
Apr 15, 2010

I work a split shift and took PTO tomorrow for the second part.  I am available to work a few hours before my first shift or after (because I know Fridays are usually "swamped" in our BOB), but when I look at the Swamp Board (love that name!) if says OFF and does not even give the option of hours available.  So because I took PTO I am banned from the Swamp Board for the day?  Does that even make sense? ...

Swap (swamp) Board - Really? They Just NEVER Learn. The Only Good Thing Is Getting Paid For 15 Min
May 13, 2015

for watching the video.  Is this their answer to MOT?  Just so stupid. ...

Question About Comment Seen On This Board
May 18, 2014

I've seen people say drs are fed up with VR. Specifically, how would the poster know that and know it is happening on a broad scale? ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...

Comment On Meridian And Their Chartnet
Mar 26, 2012

Can anyone comment on Meridian and their Chartnet, ability to earn, insurance, pros and cons?  Thank you :) ...

Accentus Employees Comment Please.
Nov 05, 2012

what is the work situation so far there now? Notice they posted job opening. I need a job before I lose my mind completely. ...

Can I Make A Comment About The Test Itself?
Mar 11, 2014

I don't see anyone talking about the test itself or working coders or coding students bringing it up, so I will. I went to school for coding, got certified and could not find a job. That aside, the A and P portion of my schooling was extremely intense. I have been an MT for 15 years and I had no idea how lacking my knowledge of A/P really was. I figured just because I was an MT, it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I would encourage you not to take this test lightly. BTW, I am part-tim ...

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON SOFTSCRIPT TO WORK FOR
Mar 24, 2014

Posts are from 2008 and up.  Does anyone work for Softscript right now that can share information about this company?  Straight typing or editing.  What is the pay?  Is there plenty of work?   How much ESL?   Thanks much! ...

I Have To Comment On The Below Posts About Not Getting Paid For Standards...
Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.   Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards. ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Interesting Comment About Transcend For Investors From
Oct 23, 2010

"SADIF Investment Analytics, announces a new summary due diligence report covering Transcend Services, Inc. (TRCR). The report uses SADIF's powerful StockMarks™ stock rating system and contains important analysis for any current or potential Transcend Services, Inc. investor. Report Summary: Transcend Services, Inc. is a below average quality company with a neutral outlook. Transcend Services, Inc. has strong business growth and is run by efficient management. The trend in Transcend S ...

Can Anybody Comment On Radiology Work At M*Modal?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anybody comment on whether there is steady work or not?  I was told they have plenty of radiology accounts to keep me busy nonstop any hours of the day. ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

OTI: How Would You Like To Respond To The Recent Work Flow Email And Comment?!
Nov 29, 2013

Does A not realize most of us were celebrating Thanksgiving with our family and giving no thought to OTI?!!!!!!! ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

FIESA Comment "Downgraded As Clear Throughout The Report"
Apr 13, 2015

I recently had 0.25 error in FIESA for having "complaining of lateral-sided pain" instead of "complaining of left lateral-sided pain."  The comment that the reviewer made was "Downgraded as clear throughout the report." What does that mean exactly? I rarely ever see any comments at all from them. It's usually just whatever the error was and that's it. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart moment here, but I don't understand what this comment means. Any insight would be ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

New Board!
Oct 13, 2009

Sad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc.  ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...