A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Transcription Position - Cindy from TN

Posted: Apr 27, 2010

Hi, my name is Cindy and I live in Christiana, TN and will soon be a graduate of Penn Foster Medical Transcription online Course.  I received a job opportunity from TransAm Medical Transcribers and I was wondering if anyone has heard about this company and about how much should it cost to download specific downloads from companies.  Thanks to anyone that may help me.

Google TransAm and you will find that they are a SCAM!! (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Also search the archives here. There are NUMEROUS complaints filed against them with the BBB, again just do a simple Google search.

Stay away from TransAm!!!!!

Medical transcription position - michele

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey Cindy I did some research on the company that offered you a job "TransAm is a reported rip off that makes you spend money on their equipment. They have been reported on in several scam articles as well as MTStars.com." I forget the website but thought you should know. I started about 3 years ago as an MT and I got my first job by putting ads on my towns Craiglist.com. I don't know if you have one where you are but it is worth a shot. Good luck to you!!

Position with TransAm - Cindy from Tn

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey Michele thank you so much for the advice. I myself thought that the amount of money that they wanted me to spend for a position was a bit much. I haven't really investigated the different downloads that I need cause I am trying to finish school. I have posted on my towns Craigslist but still have not had any response. I just need to get working and earning money. Any other advice would be truly appreciated. Thanks again.

Cindy - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
Cindy, you said any other advice would be truly appreciated, so here goes, offered in a spirit of kindness. I really do not think At Home Professions will prepare you to (1) Get a reliable job or (2) To keep a job, once hired. Might you be able to augment your education a bit? I have seen so many people get bitten by these "schools." I wish you the best of luck.
Just for the record...sm - LaurieG.
[ In Reply To ..]
At-Home Professions and Penn Foster are not one and the same. Their level of training may be similar, however. That said, I would encourage anyone attending any MT "school" to further their education. You should learn something new every day, and one of the things I really like about MT is that you never stop learning. Best wishes.

Cindy re: TranSCAM - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
TranSCAM is a total scam. Run away from them as fast as you can!

A Cautionary Tale - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

TO:  Cindy from TN

Just curious.  Did Penn Foster, by chance, steer you toward TransAm Associates of Valrico, Florida? 

There is a site for people to complain called Ripoff Report.  If you search Penn Foster, there are 32 complaints.  If you search TransAm Associates, there are 27 complaints. 

Not saying that they are in cahoots and there is any kick-back involved.  I just found it curious that they both have complaints. 

A CAUTIONARY TALE

During my search, I also found a link to a lady in Michigan on Linked In.  According to her bio, she went through Penn Foster and then 2 years at Ashworth University.  She then lists her employment as “Internship” at TransAm for 1 year, 7 months.  She also still has to keep her full-time job as an office manager for a construction company. 

WORD TO THE WISE – Research, research, research – before you give your hard-earned money to anyone. 

Good Luck to you.  Hope things work out and you find the perfect job. 

Transam - Cindy from TN

[ In Reply To ..]
No PennFoster did not steer me toward Transam. They emailed me and I applied with my resume. I searched Pennfoster before I started and they have been great to me. I received all my shipments and the instructors have replied to my requests quickly. I am very happy with the school and I have learned a lot. Thank you so much for the word of advice I truly do appreciate it.

transam - transcriptiongirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I received a job offer from them too, but after looking into their company they make you take their training classes for almost 6 months and then they may place you in a job. When I talked with them and told them I was graduating from an MT school they said it didn't matter.

Zero. Nada. - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't read through all of the other posts yet, Cindy, but the bottom line is if it is a legitimate company you NEVER pay for the company's software, or use of their server, etc. They pay you. Period.

Your school should have a placement division that helps its graduates find jobs. If they don't, apply for every job that says 1 year of experience (unless they specifically say no newbies) and just keep on trying. You'll find someone on a good day who likes the look of your resume and who is willing to take a chance on you. It's what happened for me, so I know it can happen.

Good luck.

Ditto to this... you never should pay a company to work for them - wimt

[ In Reply To ..]
Buy a foot pedal, yes, but pay for the company's software or transcription platform? Never, ever. I went to Andrews School so it might be a different story than yours, but I started working before even finishing the course by responding to an ad on our student board. The pay was low, but they paid me, I didn't pay them, and a few months later I applied and got something that paid more, and so it went and 8 years later, I'm doing pretty well. Do Not Pay Transcam or anyone else to work for them or for their software.

TransAm - Cindy from TN

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much. I am actually trying to do the same thing. I have almost completed the course and am interested in finding a position with a reputable company to continue with my career. I already have an Associates Degree along with over 20 years office experience. I am hoping that whatever company I choose will look at my background as well. I don't expect to get paid very much in the beginning I just want to get my foot in the door. Any advice would help.

Similar Messages:

Medical INK QA Position
Dec 12, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company.  They pay per report for QA.  Does the pay seem comparable to the going line rate?  TYIA. ...

Was Looking At Medical Scribe Position Last Night
May 23, 2012

Has this been discussed?  This looks like something we could do. ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Remote Medical Coder Position
Nov 12, 2013

I noticed that Precyse Solutions has a job posting for a remote medical coder. Does anyone know what they pay? ...

Cypress Medical Offered A Position
May 07, 2014

I applied to their ad, took the test and was offered a position. Would like feedback from anyone who works there, or worked there. Did you like it? Were you honestly able to make a living doing this type of work? Pay offered seemed low for the amount of time it took me to summarize the sample they sent me for the test. Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Scribe Position Advertised In Dallas Area
Oct 31, 2011

Saw these ads posted in a Dallas paper: Ad #1 Medical Scribe Position We are a high volume podiatry practice in the Irving area. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and an ability to multitask. The scribe works to facilitate patient flow through the clinic and ensure an acurate and complete medical record for each patient. The scribe assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history taking and exam, recording de ...

Transcription Position
Aug 17, 2010

Again, I am interested in the position posted for the Orthopedic transcription. The ad says will train. The days of the week are perfect. I am semi-retired preparing to work out of my home after my husband retires next year. I have 34+ years of psychiatric transcription and I am familiar with medical terminology. I recently completed the training course through Career Step. Please advise. ...

Any Transcription Position
Dec 03, 2014

Hello Im new. I live in SD. Seventeen years ago I was an at home medical transcriptionist for five years, therefore, I don't have a resume since the company I worked for no longer exists. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of transcribing doctors with accents and diverse specialties.  I am interested in non-medical transcribing as well. If you are unable to assist me, would you be so kind as to send me other companies or individuals that may be able to help me? I would greatly ...

Been Offered A Position With ANP Transcription
Jul 10, 2012

I have tested and been offered a position with ANP Transcription. Has anyone ever worked for them recently? If so, how are they to work with, etc... I know they are not straight medical transcription, they do meeting notes, advisory boards, focus groups, interviews, etc... Thanks! Shannon ...

Transcription Manager Position
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you. It seems like a long time to find out if you are getting a job with this company. I applied for this position and then got told I was being considered and then nothing else. Just wondering if I should keep waiting or move on. Any suggestions. ...

Obtaining A Transcription Position
May 13, 2013

I am trying to figure out why I cannot not obtain a transcription position when I have 15 years experience. ...

Applying For A Transcription Position At ETransplus
Jun 13, 2010

I am considering applying for a transcription position at eTransplus.  Does anyone know anything about this company, good or bad?  Thanks in advance. ...

I Was Offered A Legal Transcription Position...sm
Nov 19, 2012

full-time and in-house.  She is offering 5 cpl gross so even if someone says "um", I get paid 5 cpl for the whole line.  Is this a good line rate.  I have not done legal transcription before so I have no idea if this is a decent rate.  I feel that is kind of low and would like to ask if she would be willing to raise it.     What do you think? ...

Clear Choice Transcription - Accepted A Position With This Company?
Sep 09, 2010

Has anyone actually accepted a position with this company?  If so, would appreciate insight into what you think of the company.  I know the pay scale isn't all that great, but it's better than nothing at this point. ...

Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Hourly Position?
Apr 09, 2012

They offer an hourly wage for an IC position.  Anyone know what they are like to work for?   ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Clear Choice Transcription - QA Position Posted On MTstars From This Company
Feb 10, 2011

I was sent a contract and letter of hire for the QA position posted on MTstars from this company.  Can anyone give me any current information on this company? TIA  ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...

Looking At Going Into Medical Transcription
Nov 14, 2011

I am looking into the Medical Transcription field but wanted to get info about the field from those that are in it before I take the plunge.  I'm not looking at earning a huge salary or medical benefits etc, just some extra to help the HH income. I'm looking at Career Step for my certificate. Any factual info or career experience would be appreciated. ...

Same Day Medical Transcription
Mar 24, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about this transcription company or done any work for them?  What was your experience?  Thanks. ...