A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Obtaining a transcription position - als

Posted: May 13, 2013

I am trying to figure out why I cannot not obtain a transcription position when I have 15 years experience.

Is it acute care experience? Do you have VR experience? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems they all want recent/current acute care experience.

Hundreds of MTs at a time apply for each job here. Very easy to - not be among first to apply. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I think the deal these days - is, where it used to

[ In Reply To ..]
only take a few days or a week for recruiters to get back to applicants, now it can take months and who really knows why. MTSOs are such disorganized hot messes it is truly amazing to me that the few that are left continue to function.

In the meantime I would apply for other jobs and probably when you least expect it months from now you'll get an email saying they want to interview you. Maybe you'll get lucky and find something out of this dreadful field altogether. Good luck!

Dreadful field - als

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried my best to get out of this dreadful field with no luck at all.

Are you passing the tests? - No message - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
No message

Obtaining a transcription position - als

[ In Reply To ..]
No. Not passing them for some reason.

What Kind of 15 Years? - That makes a difference

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have 15 years of just Family Practice, that's probably why. If you have 15 years of just one clinic specialty, that could be why. If you have 3 or more clinic specialities, they may also want acute care to go along with that---a lot of the clinics are giving up their MTs.

If you have 15 years of acute care (surgeries a plus), you would certainly qualify to at least test, but you'd have to pass the test.

You don't really say if you're not getting a foot in to test, or if you're testing and not making the grade.

Similar Messages:

IC Position - Obtaining A Business License?
Dec 22, 2011

I have been offered a position as an IC for a company who posted on this website. I was told by them that I needed to obtain a Business License through my State/County in order to work for them. Has anyone had to do this? Is this common practice now for ICs? If anyone has any information on how to do this and if I should do this, please let me know. Thank you so much! ...

Obtaining Own Accounts
Dec 09, 2013

Okay:  Regarding getting own accounts, how would I propose to do the transcription, if a doctor's office does not have anything set up for on-line transcription?  Or through a phone system?  Are there companies that offer an on-line platform to use for an individual transcriptionist and the office she serves?  What is the cost?  Can the doctor's office just send me voice files and if so would they be secure? ...

Transcription Position
Aug 17, 2010

Again, I am interested in the position posted for the Orthopedic transcription. The ad says will train. The days of the week are perfect. I am semi-retired preparing to work out of my home after my husband retires next year. I have 34+ years of psychiatric transcription and I am familiar with medical terminology. I recently completed the training course through Career Step. Please advise. ...

Any Transcription Position
Dec 03, 2014

Hello Im new. I live in SD. Seventeen years ago I was an at home medical transcriptionist for five years, therefore, I don't have a resume since the company I worked for no longer exists. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of transcribing doctors with accents and diverse specialties.  I am interested in non-medical transcribing as well. If you are unable to assist me, would you be so kind as to send me other companies or individuals that may be able to help me? I would greatly ...

Medical Transcription Position
Apr 27, 2010

Hi, my name is Cindy and I live in Christiana, TN and will soon be a graduate of Penn Foster Medical Transcription online Course.  I received a job opportunity from TransAm Medical Transcribers and I was wondering if anyone has heard about this company and about how much should it cost to download specific downloads from companies.  Thanks to anyone that may help me. ...

Been Offered A Position With ANP Transcription
Jul 10, 2012

I have tested and been offered a position with ANP Transcription. Has anyone ever worked for them recently? If so, how are they to work with, etc... I know they are not straight medical transcription, they do meeting notes, advisory boards, focus groups, interviews, etc... Thanks! Shannon ...

Transcription Manager Position
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you. It seems like a long time to find out if you are getting a job with this company. I applied for this position and then got told I was being considered and then nothing else. Just wondering if I should keep waiting or move on. Any suggestions. ...

Applying For A Transcription Position At ETransplus
Jun 13, 2010

I am considering applying for a transcription position at eTransplus.  Does anyone know anything about this company, good or bad?  Thanks in advance. ...

I Was Offered A Legal Transcription Position...sm
Nov 19, 2012

full-time and in-house.  She is offering 5 cpl gross so even if someone says "um", I get paid 5 cpl for the whole line.  Is this a good line rate.  I have not done legal transcription before so I have no idea if this is a decent rate.  I feel that is kind of low and would like to ask if she would be willing to raise it.     What do you think? ...

Clear Choice Transcription - Accepted A Position With This Company?
Sep 09, 2010

Has anyone actually accepted a position with this company?  If so, would appreciate insight into what you think of the company.  I know the pay scale isn't all that great, but it's better than nothing at this point. ...

Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Hourly Position?
Apr 09, 2012

They offer an hourly wage for an IC position.  Anyone know what they are like to work for?   ...

Clear Choice Transcription - QA Position Posted On MTstars From This Company
Feb 10, 2011

I was sent a contract and letter of hire for the QA position posted on MTstars from this company.  Can anyone give me any current information on this company? TIA  ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Position
Oct 13, 2009

The patient appears to not feel very well, in a semi-tholic position? on the table. ...

To Those Doing The MT/MME Position
Jan 15, 2010

I know from previous posts on here that that job isn't the big thing MQ was making it out to be (horrible editing pay, etc).  BUT...do you guys at least have work to do, whether it is typing or editing?  I am just an MT and I run out of work daily.  If I had become an MME as well, would I have at least been making a little money, or are you guys running out of work too, no matter what? Thanks. ...

ICs, Would You Take A Position For 7 Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Is that worth the added expenses of being an IC? ...

Does This Put Me In A Bad Position?
Jan 06, 2011

I just wrote a very long post, but decided to minimalize it because I feel very on edge with my company and I'm doing the absolute best I can. If you know the hospital that hired your company is not happy with the work that is being produced, and you are able to see glaring errors in other people's work, would you say something to management or keep it to yourself? This is MY job too, and if the errors continue I am afraid the hospital will go elsewhere, meaning my job is gone as wel ...

What Does IC Position Mean?
Sep 23, 2011

I saw this in some of the job seeker's posts...what does it mean? ...

9:30 Position?
Oct 24, 2011

Dictating about a woman with a mass on her breast.   "...she returned for an ultrasound which showed at the s/l 9:30 position approximately 2 cm from the nipple was a 2.1 x 1.7 x 2.3 cm mass that was seen on ultrasound."   9 0'clock position...okay, but 9:30? ...

Saw Ad For Position With MQ
Nov 22, 2011

Base Pay : $30,000 - $50,000 /Year Employee Type : Full-Time/Part-Time. Industry :Healthcare - Health Services. Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. ...

MME Position
Apr 03, 2012

Are there any MMEs out there who regret having become an MME? And if you become an MME, are you able to go back to just MT status if you decide you do not like it? I am trying to understand how this is considered a pay boost and if it is worth testing for. Did you see a significant increase in pay, a slight increase, no increase at all, or did you actually lose money? Thanks. ...

QA Position?
Jun 12, 2014

Hi, Can somebody kindly let me know if any company is hiring for QA? I have 5 years exp in QA and 3 in MT. Ever since the smaller company I work for was purchased by Nuance my position has gone to bleep. It took a few months but week after week there was a change for the worst and now I am about out of work. Thanks for any help! ...

POC Position?
Mar 09, 2015

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has heard anything back on the POC positions?  I have written the contact on that at least half a dozen times and so far just ignored!!!  I was just wondering if I am the only one or if I just got lost on the wayside half a dozen times...  Thanks!  ...

I Just Saw An Add For An Inhouse MT Position....
Dec 15, 2009

and the pay is $10 - $14 an hour, depending on experience.   Are you kidding me???  ...

Does This Sound Like An IC Position To You?
Jan 26, 2010

The following nasty gram was sent to all independent contractors from the company owner.  I'm just curious to know . . . how many ICs treated like this? Hi everyone - I wanted to touch base with all of you immediately, as we have a very serious problem.  Aside from a very few MTs who have notified us in advance that they would be out, we have many MTs who are not working their agreed upon shift and it has put us in a serious hole.  If there is work in your pool for the physi ...

Considering A Position With KeyStrokes
Jan 29, 2010

Considering a position with KeyStrokes.  However, I'm wondering how QA is with grammar the stuff.  I'm getting QA'd to death where I'm at now.  I'll change things according to how QA says it should be, but the next time it's still not right.......one time it's use a semi-colon, next time it's put in a comma, next time it's start a whole new sentence, etc., etc.  I'm pulling my hair out!  I'm getting so tired of changing things only t ...

New MT Finding Position
Jul 01, 2010

I am a current student at the MSU of Technology.  I am currently looking for a position in Medical Transcription or Medical Billing.  I am very fustrated.  PLEASE HELP!! ...

Need Some Advice About A Position
Jun 08, 2010

I need some advice about a position that I am being offered.  It is an IC position.  They want Tu-Sat or Sun-Thurs and 1500 lines per day.  This is supposedly 70% VR and the rest is straight typing.  I know that techniqually they aren't supposed to require weekend work and line requirements for IC, but how is the best way to negotiate this and still get the job?  I hate the job that I am currently doing and don't make enough money at it.  I usually do work ...

Orthopedic MT Position
Sep 09, 2010

Yesterday on the job seeker's board, there was an ad looking for an orthopedic MT and it is no longer there.  Could this have been a scam?  Now I'm nervous because I sent my resume.  I believe the contact person's name was Jana Williamson and the email address was girlscoutjkw@sbcglobal .net.  Does anyone know anything about this position?  TIA ...

Hand Position
Oct 19, 2010

Pt with joint pain. When pt turns his "right hand in the ______ position and tries to grip something, he has pain in his thumb". s/l - c-plane..?  Thanks! ...