A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Losing Account-Landmark - FrustratedMT

Posted: Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past.

Does the account start with an M? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I would like to know which program this account is on? (Sm) - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Bayscribe? Escription? Another one? And of course, answering the previous question would be appreciated as well.

program - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It was Bacharach Bayscribe account.

This was the email received:

TO: Bacharach MTs
I was informed yesterday that, effective next week, June 2, Bacharach outpatient will no longer be dictating to us. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in being placed on a waiting list for additional work.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that is the best they can do - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Some MTSOs actually close, or lay off employees, if they lose an account. Once an account is lost, the only option is to give the MT other accounts. However, that decision would just result in those MTs on that account also out of work/low work. It sounds like what is happening with Landmark. If they give you another account, those MTs currently on that account would be affected. I think they've done what they can - offer to put you on a waiting list. Sorry about the situation. I know how it is. I recently started working for a great small company I really like, but ever since we lost the account I was hired for, I've been dealing with sporadic workload on my secondary. I don't think there are any more accounts to give us.

I worked for a fabulous family-owned MTSO for over 20 years. When they lost their main account to an offshore MTSO underbid, the owner retired. We had 3 weeks' notice to find a new job.

Putting an EMPLOYEE on a WAITING LIST - for work? Now I"ve heard everything. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
=/

I've been on a waiting list with Keystrokes for 3 years. - Nora

[ In Reply To ..]

Wow - SM - Ex-LM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Landmark a while back due to the inability to make a decent living there, but I do have a good friend who is still there and she told me that an email was sent out for the account that she's on a few days ago stating how far behind they were and that they need more people on the account and to pass that along to anyone they know who is looking for work. Why wouldn't they offer that work to the MTs who just lost their account as opposed to putting them on a "waiting list"? Makes no sense. From what I've read on this board over the last several months, it seems like Landmark is losing accounts quite frequently lately.

Wow is right! - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in disbelief reading your response. I've always been disregarded when I've asked for more work since the account I worked on really wasn't making me any money. Usually Landmark does put too many people on one account. I would love to know their response to this, but I would bet a million dollars I don't get a response from them! They are good for ignoring emails!

I don't know about their so much ignoring emails - cardmt

[ In Reply To ..]
as opposed to not getting them. I've seen numerous emails from K that she has trouble with receiving emails. Any time I don't hear back from her I just forward the original email and try again, and she thanks me for resending since she has problems quite frequently.
I don't think that's it.... - nono
[ In Reply To ..]
I find it hard to believe that she has never received a single one of my emails. No one else ever has has difficulty getting my emails. I think it has to do with the fact that she is doing the job of at least 3 people all by herself and gets overwhelmed and either skips over some emails and never goes back to them, or just flat out doesn't answer them. I've been working here for 4 years and I can count on one hand how many times she has actually answered one of my emails. I also have tried forwarding my original email after a few days with no reply and she still doesn't respond.
Sorry you're having problems with them - cardmt
[ In Reply To ..]
If I ever didn't hear back, I'd just IM her or call... she can't ignore that. Good luck getting answers!
Ignoring e-mail - bananabread
[ In Reply To ..]
I also have trouble with this woman answering my e-mails. I can e-mail her until the cows come home and she still won't answer. I find that very unprofessional. The minute I do something wrong though, boy is she quick to send something.
Emails. There is a solution. - Another MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Her monthly emails detail other ways to contact her. Two ways are instant messenger and telephone. If you don't get a reply to your Emil within 4 hours, just pick up the phone and call her! It's not that hard!
How rude - bananabread
[ In Reply To ..]
See...another rude response. YOU pick up the phone and call her. I'm willing to bet it goes straight to voice mail in which you leave a message and she never gets back to you.

My acct is still up, but very very low work. - Denmark

[ In Reply To ..]
It's so frustrating. I make so little anyway. Didn't make minimum lines this week. I wish companies told us what was wrong.

Minimum lines - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been able to make minimum lines on this particular account for over a month. Every time I ask for more work they just completely ignore my request. Doesn't a company want someone who wants to work????

Amphion is hiring. So much OT right now. - x

[ In Reply To ..]
Worth a shot maybe?

How is Amphion to work for. I know nothing about them. nm - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Amphion is a good company. - Former employee

[ In Reply To ..]
Line count is figured a little differently for pay but overall accounts and dictators are great. Only left because of personal reasons and not company. Supervisors are also really nice.

Can you make decent money at Amphion since they only pay for - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
visible black characters?

Question for the OP - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
How did you find out you were losing the account, and then ask for different work, if you never received the notification email?

Similar Messages:

LOSING AN ACCOUNT
Nov 19, 2013

WHAT?  I was told that I had sent a report through with no ADT and had been " warned" of this before? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I know nothing of this and now have lost my account.  They are truly trying to get rid of me.  this company!!!! ...

Well My Small MTSO Keeps Losing One Account After The
May 17, 2014

other and now we are all scrambling for work.  Seems to be the sign of the times. ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

One Landmark Account Out Of Work...
Feb 05, 2013

So it is claimed the account is slow what they really need to say is we overhired for this account and it is in turnaround and we're happy but you all have to fight to meet your line counts. That has been the story for the last week and this week is looking no different. So glad this is only part time for me!! If you're on that account full time I feel sorry for you! ...

Landmark Escription Account?
Mar 12, 2013

Anyone out there work on a Landmark escription account? Can you tell me what your experience is like...enough work, CPL? I was thinking of applying, but want to know if it's worth my time. TIA. ...

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

Anyone Else Starting With The New Landmark Account Today?
Sep 17, 2013

New account starting up today.  Anyone else giving it a shot? ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Landmark Frustrations - Aren't Allowed To Work On My Account Due To Low Volume
Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it� ...

Landmark NO WORK On "'NEW ACCOUNT"
Jan 25, 2010

Here we go again!  Same story, different day, week, month or year it seems!  Landmark hires 40+ MTs for a "new hospital account" and the work trickles in like water out of a cement block!  Why hire 40+ full time MTs to cover what is soooo obviously an over flow account?   why promise work and talk of "worried we may not have ENOUGH coverage....." if you know you have a slew of MTs trying to make an honest living on an account you have so totally overstaffed its ridiculou ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

Am I Losing It Regarding
Jun 22, 2011

did we or did we not get an email that we are suppose to start using the Keystrokes intranet on Monday 06/20/11?   If I am not losing it and we did get that email, has anybody been able to access it?  just curious  . . . . . . ...

Losing Our TLs
Sep 07, 2012

Does anybody have a clue what else is in store for us next week on conference call? ...

Losing Doc's To EMR, Help!
Nov 16, 2012

I have recently learned that I will be losing 3 of my best doctors to EMR.  Since then, one of the doctors has offered to keep me on entering the clinic notes into the EMR for him.  I would still be working from home as an IC, but would need some training on their EMR system.  Any suggestions as to what I would charge for this?  I currenlty bill by cpl.  Would I now be better off to bill by the hour?  I really have no idea how to approach this.  I have never do ...

Losing My Job....
Jul 09, 2013

I am seething with anger right now.  I am losing my job of five years by the end of the week, not because of lack of work, not because my work is not up to par, but because the doctor I work for has just been brought up on charges of insurance fraud and perjury.  I have been working for an orthopedic surgeon as a medical claims reviewer who strictly does Independent Medical Examinations.  There are six girls in one office and six girls in another office in a different location.&n ...

MQ Losing Some Accounts?
Jun 11, 2011

Since the work is disappearing, and not even in status, how would we check to see of MQ lost some accounts?   ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

I'm Losing My Mind Or What's Left Of It!
Oct 16, 2009

I can't take it anymore.  Three weeks with more jobs than we could handle and now...... only weekend work with the worst dictators I've ever heard.  I DO mean the WORST dictators I've ever heard!  I have actually made up NEW cuss words today.. strung together in a most creative way.  You wouldn't even believe it.  I MUST get off my dead butt and find a real job or go totally insane.. OH... the drama~!  But.. really..  $%^*((*&%^**.. I co ...

FMLA - Losing Your Shift.
Jan 19, 2010

I understand you will have a job to come back to, but what if they tell you that your shift was given to someone else and offer you crapola?  Had a 12 hour window and I sure don't want to lose it.  Anyone else had this come up?   ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Thanks Everybody- Threat Of Losing Money
Mar 31, 2010

Can't say I am surprised that QA submissions are down- did they think we wanted to work for 1 penny a line- oh wait with my raise it is 1 penny and 2/100 of a cent! ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Why We Have Lost (are Losing) Are Jobs...
Aug 02, 2011

I just went to the CBAY India Facebook page - OMG - it will open your eyes even wider. Someone asked this "Rakhi" dude (he must be a suit or something) what to expect in the way of salary. No wonder MQ/CBAY wants us OUT: Dear Rakhi, An MT fresh out of training can expect a salary of 8-10 k. However, if he or she catches up fast, he can earn up to 18k including incentives. ...

Tired Of Losing Ground
Aug 06, 2012

I remember the good old days, when we actually made progress in our jobs ($$$, benefits, etc.).  Now, in addition to not getting paid holidays (unless you work them, of course), employers are prorating PTO pay.  So...even if you get paid vacation time, you're not paid anywhere near what you make when you're working.  I guess the idea is to make taking vacation so unaffordable that you don't dare take it. (?) I netted less $200 for my 2-week vacation.  That is ...

Losing My Job To Voice Recognition
Jul 10, 2013

Hello, I have never posted here before but need some advice please.  I have had my own transcription business for 7+ years working for a group of providers who are employed by a clinic.  I have had nothing but praise and appreciation shown over the years regarding my speed and quality of my work.  However, regardless of the preferences of the providers, the clinic is forcing a switch to voice recognition to save money.  They have told me it is due to nothing that I have done ...

Losing Internet Connection For A Second
Dec 28, 2013

Has anyone recently started losing their internet connection for a split second while they are working?  This just started last week and only when I am typing in Fluency.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

Losing Money Fast
Feb 03, 2014

Is anyone else working hard and seeing a steady decline in lines/pay?   I totally despise nuance! ...

Losing Faith In Humanity
Mar 12, 2014

I have seen so much written about MModal over the few years I have been a member of this board.  About how it has "burnt transcription to the ground", how little they pay, how you never have work, your accounts are always empty, you are treated with disrespect.  Then they throw you a bread crumb, and you trample each other to get it.  It would seem like to me that now would be the time to say "NO, you will tell us the pay before we test.  You will tell us the terms of the pos ...