A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Losing faith in humanity - anon

Posted: Mar 12, 2014

I have seen so much written about MModal over the few years I have been a member of this board.  About how it has "burnt transcription to the ground", how little they pay, how you never have work, your accounts are always empty, you are treated with disrespect.  Then they throw you a bread crumb, and you trample each other to get it.  It would seem like to me that now would be the time to say "NO, you will tell us the pay before we test.  You will tell us the terms of the position we are applying for.   We will not accept anything but the standard coder pay".  As it is, you are going to undercut each other.  You will end up working for nothing as a coder, just as you did a transcriptionist.  It's unnecessary, but true.  If there was a time to develop a backbone, now would be that time.

Wow, a little self-rightous - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps people could stick to facts.

Fact 1: MModal is offering a pilot coding training program.

Fact 2: People were invited to submit work history and maybe get to test for aforementioned program.

Fact 3: It is a 1 hour Anatomy and Physiology test that every working MT should be required to pass on a regular basis.

Fact 4: For those who test 60 will be chosen to participate in this pilot program.

Fact 5: On March 24th and 25th those 60 will have an opportunity to find out in more detail what the program is offering.

In summary, very little is currently known about this program. No one trampled on anyone for anything. In the privacy of our own homes we submitted our work histories and some of us took a test.

At the very least your post is extremely premature.

Facts, these should be things that are important to you. Not rumor, speculation and what you read on an internet board.

FACTS ARE FACTS, I KNOW - LOST

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you laid out the facts very well. However, no need to be snarky about it. Totally uncalled for. There are some of us that have not a lot of options in our area to work and have been repeatedly abused by this company. I loved MQ for about the first 10 years I worked for them. I used to do presentations at a local adult education center that was partnered with MQ and I was their biggest fan. It is mind numbing the total disregard for their employees they have now, at least in my experience. No, I don't trust anything about them now. I have no other choice but to stay until they get rid of me which will more than likely be sooner rather than later. If they have treated you fairly and you love them, fine, however, the loyal ones of us that have stuck it out with this company through thick and thin should to be criticized for our ill feelings and suspicions at this time.

Seriously? - you gotta be kidding me

[ In Reply To ..]
The ONLY one's who ever get criticized regularly on this board are the posters who do NOT participate in a free for all bashing of MModal. Your assignation of me is laughable. Read through today's posts and then you get back to me on who has been called every name in the book today. Here is a clue, it is people who dare to try to better themselves.

I laid out the facts of this particular situation because facts have been very much missing in most of the posts today.

Here is another fact - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Even though this is a pilot program, they know exactly what the pay is going to be while training. They COULD answer the questions people are asking, but they choose not to. Why? Do they think you don't need to know? That people don't need information to make decisions?

They said what the training pay was. - Next. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
And you are okay with making that as a coder? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No one is attacking anyone for bettering themselves. Many of us have been bettering ourselves for years, without becoming indentured servants.
Training pay = final pay??? - Logic is a good thing.
[ In Reply To ..]
The pay while training is fair. Sorry, it just is.

No one knows what the apprenticeship pay will be, and they certainly don't know what the pay will be once hired as a full time coder.

So, one more time, let me say this, there will be an orientation on March 24th and 25th. I SPECULATE that at that time those who get into the program via their test scores will be given a run down. If the don't like what they see, they will decline the training.

I fail to see how these people are committing some kind of offense against humanity for taking a test.
If logic is a good thing - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Then you could also hypothesize that the way the coders will be treated will be the same way that the transcriptionists are treated. That there will be no work, overhiring on accounts and a general disrespect for their employees. This disrespect is already being demonstrated by the fact that they have not told the employees what their final rate of pay will be, and while you seem to believe the apprenticeship pay is fair, that can not be determined because coders do not do apprenticeships.
Why so many leaps. No need to read between - the lines
[ In Reply To ..]
The training pay was outlined and is fair. It just is.

The apprenticeship pay and the final pay are UNKNOWN at this time. You cannot get angry over an unknown equation, you just can't.

You don't know what it will be nor do I. If I pass the test and get an invite to the program, I will attend the orientation and I will make a decision based on what I think is fair. I certainly will not take into account you or anyone on this board's opinion.

Let's meet again in 2 weeks, when FACTS will be available. I am sure you can find something tangible to rage against in the meantime.
No, I'm sure you won't take into account anyone's opinion - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This demonstrates the reason for my original post perfectly. Medical transcription was once a wonderful career, until people became willing to work for nothing, became willing to wait at their computers all day just for scraps, became willing to endure all sorts of insults and disrespect to work from home. You are hoping to go into coding, perhaps to get away from that, but if you, and all of your fellow MModal employees do not start demanding better, you will be right back there again -- same crap, different career.
Au contraire - Reading between the lines is EXACTLY - what you should be doing with those MM emails.
[ In Reply To ..]
Reading between the lines is a crucial skill for those who don't like being taken advantage of. You have to do it with the news, with the internet, and what you see on television and read in magazines. So not doing it with regards to work is downright careless.
Wrong again! - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
You are absolutely wrong, again.

There ARE coding apprenticeships or the equivalent.

Some coding programs include them and YOU end up paying THEM for the opprtunity to do it.

Some employers offer them on occasion, and they never pay regular rates. I happen to have done one. For a year. I was thrilled to get it.

Three months of "apprenticeship" is just the second half of your training program. They are paying training wages because that's what it is ... training.

When was the last time you saw one? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That is the reason why people emphasize the importance of credentials for coding. It is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. Why? Because you can't get hired without them. So I am not sure where you are getting your information, but I've never seen one.
Today? - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
We have one.
yeah you better give up - this argument
[ In Reply To ..]
there are coding apprenticeships. Check indeed.com.
Coding apprenticeships, etc. - Innocent bystander
[ In Reply To ..]
If you get the chance for an apprenticeship/internship and want to learn how to code, I would say to take it because they are difficult to find on-site, a lot of facilities just don't have the time to invest. After an internship, you will know if you like it, and you can sit for a certification exam and maybe move into other jobs. The problem I see with M-Modal employing new coders at home is the lack of mentorship or help when you are home alone. Accuracy is going to be an issue and too many mistakes are not going to look good. Something else that concerns me is taking people with no formal coding education and expecting them to code. Being a good MT does not translate into being a good coder, and passing an anatomy test also does not mean that you will be able to code. Just a thought, but I don't think you want to be thrown into a production situation for your first job. How many people are they planning to recruit? Quality control is going to be difficult. Good luck to everyone, I hope this plan works for you.
A coding apprentice working from home? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I've never seen that. I may not "know coding", as you continue to claim; or maybe my facility just has higher standards than yours. Even our new hires, with their CPC and/or CCS are not allowed to work from home for six months.
How much "training" pay were you offered? - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Training pay is your benefit rate - it's different for everyone - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You are paid your benefit hourly rate for the first 3 months during training, and then you switch to an apprenticeship for the following 3 months and no one has any idea yet what that pay will be.
So you are all learning the same information, but being paid different amounts? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And you say the training pay is fair? I see gaps in your "logic" already.
Ah, you don't work for MModal - or you would know
[ In Reply To ..]
what a benefit rate is. Yup, different for everyone and, yup, I still think it's fair.

Why do people who DO NOT work for - MModal involve themselves here?
[ In Reply To ..]
They come on here and given these big impassioned speeches about how they have been grievously wounded by MMOdal and then say something that proves they don't work there.

What sort of sick joy comes from antagonizing people who have legitimate things to discuss about their work place and potential futures. This coding program could prove to be a great opportunity for some people. Your nasty commentary about the people who are considering it being some kind of traitors is out of line.
Oh, please. Surely you know that whatever M*Modal - does, all the other companies copy.
[ In Reply To ..]
M*Modal always sets the precedent, especially when it's not a good one.
Right, the almost brankrupt company - is an industry leader. Okay.
[ In Reply To ..]
I hardly think their competitors are watching their every move for tips on how to run their companies at this point.

Ah, but the sad thing is, they ARE. Those at the - top view bankruptcy to be - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
just a little blip on the screen of big business. The layoffs that follow aren't a big deal to them, either. It's only a big deal to those who are laid off, but hey - they don't matter anyway.
No, silly, that's Nuance. - me
[ In Reply To ..]
M-Modal went to second many, many years ago.
Let me tell you why - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am a transcriptionist whose job has been decimated by companies like MModal. Your choices, yes yours, to work for peanuts, to beg for work, to hover over your computer all day waiting for something, anything to transcribe has ruined MY CAREER. It's nice to think you work in your own little bubble, but you don't. Your choices affect mine. So darned right I'm going to make an impassioned speech if it makes any of your fellow employees wake up and start standing up for themselves and their worth. So here we go again, with coding.
You're so right! As long as there are wimps like - this in the workforce, NO career is safe.
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Tsk, tsk. Insults carry no weight on the internet - insanity however rules
[ In Reply To ..]
The person willing to learn a new skill is a wimp? Interesting definition of the word.

You have no idea what it will pay so you speak from a position of ignorance at the moment.

A wimp is anyone who won't stand up to an - employer who is s___ing them.
[ In Reply To ..]
If the shoe fits......
So very wounded - anon
[ In Reply To ..]

I want this coding job so bad right now, and 100% of that is because of you and how rotten you have been with your insults. I would do it for minimum wage just because I know that would infuriate you and because I don't need to make much more than that anyway. It would be worth it. My goal in life is to drive down the pay of every coder in America.

Because, hey, 60 lady's who want to better their life must have that much power.

yeah, sure, that's what is happening. We are all plotting to destroy the coding industry. You figured us out.

I have insulted no one - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing I have said has been an insult. I'm sure you would work for minimum wage -- you are already. So enjoy that . . . it does not have to be that way, but if you want to work for minimum wage, keep allowing your employer to walk all over you and your wish will be granted
Are you a coder? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Curious as to how you know what is fair starting pay.
Training pay, training pay, training pay - starting pay is a big unknown
[ In Reply To ..]
The training pay is fair, it is your benefit rate for 20 hours a week while you take the classes and study. They give you free training and then they PAY you to study. Sounds pretty fair to me.

No one currently knows what the starting pay is, because no one has started yet. No one has even trained yet. No one has taken the orientation class yet. Must I go on???

When they tell people what it is, then they get to decide if it is fair. Then they get to decide if they want it. The key here is they get to decide, not you.

Did you know that coders get training pay? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They do. Especially with ICD-10 approaching. They also do inservices. It is paid as a normal part of their job.
Wow, how cool. - Thanks for the intel. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Uh, there you go again with the inaccuracies ... - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, working coders who are being provided with ICD-10 training are already trained in coding and nearly all of them will hold at least one nationally recognized certification. This is just continuing education, not initial training.

Second, not all employers are providing this continuing education on paid time.

Third, not all employers are paying for the ICD-10 training courses, just as some don't pay for any courses.

Sure, some coders get paid training, but this has absolutely nothing to do with learning tocode for the first time.

In my opinion, the whole lot of you should be darned grateful to have this opportunity. Even if they didn't pay you for your time, they are paying for the course, which has a value of 2 to 4 thousand at a minimum, and as much as 10 or 12.

Yeah, well some people are bound and determined - to be unpleasant
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree it is a really good opportunity.
Though it looks like a lot of the people with nasty things to say about it don't even work at MModal.

I am surprised how vicious it has gotten though. You would think we were lining up for serial killer training or something.
No one has been "offered" anything - that is why this is so ridiculous
[ In Reply To ..]
The e-mail outlines the training pay very clearly.

you will find the information in there, if you work for MModal.

No more feeding the bears for me. This place is wackadoodle.

with all due respect most jobs dont reveal salary until the interview - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
last month my husband drove almost an hour to an interview only to find out it was part time :/

If they automatically said, ok it pays $20 an hour they would have people flood their inbox who were only interested in a paycheck. they want people who are interested in the J-O-B and are dedicated to sticking with the company. period.

I don't think any of us consider ourselves to be - Mother Theresa. We ARE in it for the paycheck.

[ In Reply To ..]
If I don't know the salary for a job (and I gave up on MT a long time ago), then I don't apply, and move on to one that does let you know what it pays.

So True - Lost

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate to be negative as so many have hope with the coding. However, with only 60 positions with approximately 5000 transcriptionists, I feel like why bother, only to get kicked to the curb again. This is what they do best. I do wish the best to the chosen 60 and I hope all their dreams come true and it truly does not turn out to be a big disappointment.

Agree with OP to a certain extent - BUT

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience with MM was nothing like what I have read here, I actually liked my job and was treated well. I only left because I got a better job opportunity.

However, I have to agree with the OP regarding the scrambling and "undercutting" for a crumb." I have read post here where people were literally hoping and wishing to be laid off and posts where people were eagerly awaiting this company's demise - I mean nothing but gripes and complaints, no positivity at all.

Now with the big announcement, those who have hoped to get laid off may get their wish and the time has come where those who hate it may be finalle forced to find another job or pursue other options and this time, you don't have an excuse (and there have been many) AND YET, WHAT DO YOU DO? You continue to come here and turn on each other for a job that only has 60 openings for over 5,000 MTs.

you don't understand - turning on each other

[ In Reply To ..]
any "turning" has involved a faction determined to discourage anyone from trying to get into the program, coming up with some of the most fantastic "what if" scenarios I have read since the bombing of the World Trade Center. I have seen nothing that looked like back-stabbing in order to GET INTO the program.

You nailed it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's kinda surreal actually.

Here are the words used thus far to insult the people who want to test:
Sheeple.
Flies on sticky paper.
Wimps.
suffering from battered woman's syndrome.
And, on and on and on.

I just want to take a test, maybe expand my skill set and maybe get a different job.

From what I can gather this apparently makes me a traitor of some kind whose mind is so weak that I can't see that I am a pawn in a corporate plot to destroy the coders of America.

I see the backstabbing - What it is

[ In Reply To ..]
The bizarre scenarios and blatant lies about coding as a job, about credentials, and all the rest of the turmoil IS the backstabbing. It is intended to ruin others' opportunity by inducing them not to apply, to prompt them to ask MM inappropriate questions and thus look confrontational or disruptive, to waste time investigating turmoil instead of studying for the test, and to doubt themselves, to delay, and to generally remove themselves from the competition.

This is, in my view, absolutely classic high school "mean girls" behavior. It is EXACTLY what we saw every time there were cheerleader tryouts and prom queen elections.

It isn't back-stabbing, it is honesty, even if you don't want to see it - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps there are coding apprenticeships and I've just never seen one. Ever. The fact of the matter remains that there are a bunch of you trampling all over each other for a job from a company that you cannot stand, for wages that you do not know, for education that is questionable. These questions are not inappropriate! These are answers that most employers would tell their employees upfront, so that decisions could be made about their future. You are teaching them that it's okay to treat them like this. Until you start demanding more, coding is going to be the same hell for you that transcription was.
there are indeed coding - apprenticeships
[ In Reply To ..]
just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Witness the CPC-A. The A stands for...well, guess. If you're not interested applying to take the test then what's it to you if other people want to? I repeat: WHAT'S IT TO YOU?
in fact, here's a fine - example
[ In Reply To ..]
see link to job for coding apprentice

http://jobs.parklandcareers.com/us/dallas/medical-records/jobid4997219-coder-i-oupatient-coding
The CPC-A is a certification and they are paid well - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It is nothing like the apprenticeship program proposed by MModal.
No one is trampling over anyone for a spot. - In fact I have only seen supportive messages.
[ In Reply To ..]
That is, I have only seen supportive messages to each other from those that are wanting to take the test. What ARE you talking about, people trampling all over each other?

I, for one, am going to test, and I in fact like working for MModal, and always have, and I wish luck to anyone who is about to take this A and P test. Whatever happens, I don't mind because I actually like my current job, but would also love the opportunity to learn a new skill, while being PAID TO LEARN at that.

How is this "trampling" exactly?
so your theory - is...
[ In Reply To ..]
they are trying to make the program look unattractive to increase their own chances of getting in?

Okay anyone here want to own up to that?

they haven't offered any positions yet - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure that when the top 60 are selected they will be given details on pay and they won't have to accept if they choose not to.

You speak with logic and reason - Prepare to be called nasty names

[ In Reply To ..]
I have said that very thing a dozen times and have been called various names for pointing that out, none of them very nice names either.

And if you opt to test, can you return to being an MT - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
if you don't make it?

Seems to me many moons ago they did something like with another sort of upgraded position and simply managed to get rid of lots and lots of MTs.

Knowing this company, that is probably just what they want to do. Coding has been done more cheaply overseas for ages.

If you mean just taking the A/P test - then yup, life goes on as normal

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, if you fail out of the training, you can go back to MT, with a big, however, you will not be guaranteed your old assignment or hours.

So, there is risk involved in going for it. Hopefully, people understand that fact and understand their own limitations.

I don't think it's some nefarious plot of MModal to thin out the herd, but that may be a result.

why would you lose your job? - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
for not passing the test? that's ridiculous.
You won't lose your job if you fail to make the - top 60 cut, BUT
[ In Reply To ..]
They did say in the email that if you bail out or fail out of the program there is no guarantee of getting your previous assignment back. It says it depends on current needs.

No one can say they aren't being up front about the possible risks.

With all due respect - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You are already MModal employees. It would not be unreasonable to expect your employer to give you facts about an anticipated job transfer.

Good luck to you all - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope I'm wrong, and this is the golden ticket you all think it is. MModal already employs coders -- they require five years experience to be hired. Why do you suppose they aren't requiring that of you? Why are they not able to answer your questions regarding what your starting salary should be. Shouldn't it be the same as their other coders? Why are they offering training to you, which is expensive, as opposed to hiring trained coders? Is it because they are so darned nice? All legitimate questions, I think. As you've all pointed out, I don't work for this company, so I have no reason to try to discourage anyone. In fact, I think you SHOULD do it, if you want to learn coding. I just think you deserve more information than you are getting and to be treated better than you are. Unfortunately, you disagree and that's fine. Let's see how you feel about this in two years. Hopefully I'm wrong.

ohmygodrukiddingme - usedtobeyou

[ In Reply To ..]
This poster is 100% CORRECT. If you want to learn how to code, go take a COURSE, get some CREDENTIALS, and get out of M*Modal. got out of this loser company in 2008 and never looked back.

You are on the MModal board - you are looking back. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

ohmygodrukiddingme - usedtobeyou

[ In Reply To ..]
yes I am b/c i am really worried about the poor souls still working at this hell hole. I truly am. we were 10K strong when I was there...and I was hoping and praying that by now most would be gone. There is more to life than M*Modal! they ARE SUCH A FREAKING HEAD TRIP! any other company would love to have every one of you! they are not worth this anguish.

Similar Messages:

Leap Of Faith - If You Are In The MT Profession
Oct 13, 2013

If you are in the MT profession and you just cannot seem to make a living, then this message is for you.  I took a leap of faith that I pray will pay off in the long run.  I quit!!!  I flat out quit.  Then, I got a call from Nuance and I refused to go back.  No more low payi!  No more working every Saturday and Sunday just to break even!!! No more QA audits for every T and dotted I.  NO MORE!!!!.  No more overworked supervisors sending 15 emails a day!!!!  NO MORE!!  I took a leap of f ...

Leap Of Faith - After Years Of Worrying And Struggling
Nov 23, 2010

After years of worrying and struggling to make ends meet working here and part time at a 24 hour store, I've decided to take my daughter's advice and move.  I applied for jobs in San Antonio and found an actual transcription job IN A HOSPITAL!  I'll be making a better than decent salary and will be getting actual benefits!  I'll be moving in with my daughter and her BF for a while, but we'll be house hunting soon as my place is sold.  I will also have the time now ...

Am I Losing It Regarding
Jun 22, 2011

did we or did we not get an email that we are suppose to start using the Keystrokes intranet on Monday 06/20/11?   If I am not losing it and we did get that email, has anybody been able to access it?  just curious  . . . . . . ...

Losing Our TLs
Sep 07, 2012

Does anybody have a clue what else is in store for us next week on conference call? ...

Losing Doc's To EMR, Help!
Nov 16, 2012

I have recently learned that I will be losing 3 of my best doctors to EMR.  Since then, one of the doctors has offered to keep me on entering the clinic notes into the EMR for him.  I would still be working from home as an IC, but would need some training on their EMR system.  Any suggestions as to what I would charge for this?  I currenlty bill by cpl.  Would I now be better off to bill by the hour?  I really have no idea how to approach this.  I have never do ...

Losing My Job....
Jul 09, 2013

I am seething with anger right now.  I am losing my job of five years by the end of the week, not because of lack of work, not because my work is not up to par, but because the doctor I work for has just been brought up on charges of insurance fraud and perjury.  I have been working for an orthopedic surgeon as a medical claims reviewer who strictly does Independent Medical Examinations.  There are six girls in one office and six girls in another office in a different location.&n ...

MQ Losing Some Accounts?
Jun 11, 2011

Since the work is disappearing, and not even in status, how would we check to see of MQ lost some accounts?   ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

LOSING AN ACCOUNT
Nov 19, 2013

WHAT?  I was told that I had sent a report through with no ADT and had been " warned" of this before? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I know nothing of this and now have lost my account.  They are truly trying to get rid of me.  this company!!!! ...

I'm Losing My Mind Or What's Left Of It!
Oct 16, 2009

I can't take it anymore.  Three weeks with more jobs than we could handle and now...... only weekend work with the worst dictators I've ever heard.  I DO mean the WORST dictators I've ever heard!  I have actually made up NEW cuss words today.. strung together in a most creative way.  You wouldn't even believe it.  I MUST get off my dead butt and find a real job or go totally insane.. OH... the drama~!  But.. really..  $%^*((*&%^**.. I co ...

FMLA - Losing Your Shift.
Jan 19, 2010

I understand you will have a job to come back to, but what if they tell you that your shift was given to someone else and offer you crapola?  Had a 12 hour window and I sure don't want to lose it.  Anyone else had this come up?   ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Thanks Everybody- Threat Of Losing Money
Mar 31, 2010

Can't say I am surprised that QA submissions are down- did they think we wanted to work for 1 penny a line- oh wait with my raise it is 1 penny and 2/100 of a cent! ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Why We Have Lost (are Losing) Are Jobs...
Aug 02, 2011

I just went to the CBAY India Facebook page - OMG - it will open your eyes even wider. Someone asked this "Rakhi" dude (he must be a suit or something) what to expect in the way of salary. No wonder MQ/CBAY wants us OUT: Dear Rakhi, An MT fresh out of training can expect a salary of 8-10 k. However, if he or she catches up fast, he can earn up to 18k including incentives. ...

Tired Of Losing Ground
Aug 06, 2012

I remember the good old days, when we actually made progress in our jobs ($$$, benefits, etc.).  Now, in addition to not getting paid holidays (unless you work them, of course), employers are prorating PTO pay.  So...even if you get paid vacation time, you're not paid anywhere near what you make when you're working.  I guess the idea is to make taking vacation so unaffordable that you don't dare take it. (?) I netted less $200 for my 2-week vacation.  That is ...

Losing My Job To Voice Recognition
Jul 10, 2013

Hello, I have never posted here before but need some advice please.  I have had my own transcription business for 7+ years working for a group of providers who are employed by a clinic.  I have had nothing but praise and appreciation shown over the years regarding my speed and quality of my work.  However, regardless of the preferences of the providers, the clinic is forcing a switch to voice recognition to save money.  They have told me it is due to nothing that I have done ...

Losing Internet Connection For A Second
Dec 28, 2013

Has anyone recently started losing their internet connection for a split second while they are working?  This just started last week and only when I am typing in Fluency.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

Losing Money Fast
Feb 03, 2014

Is anyone else working hard and seeing a steady decline in lines/pay?   I totally despise nuance! ...

Losing Account-Landmark
Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past. ...

Battling The Blanks And Losing.
Jul 19, 2014

Again, around 30% of documents with blanks - about my usual reported average. 99% of those documents were due to sound issues and undocumented physician names (not allowed to spell phonetically according to CPs). Again, Shaw, the blanks are not my fault and out of my control. Now, if they would fix the audio issues, I could cut way down on my blanks. I am fed up with the sound issues, which happen to be from 1 facility, and sending document numbers to my TSM as they occur. Doubt she will ge ...

So Tired Of Losing Reports After Getting Almost
Oct 01, 2014

It's always the same thing: screen fades, connection lost.  Log back on, report is there again, back to its original state, unedited.  Almost without exception, it's a difficult, teeth-gritting type of report I can't wait to finish - then it disconnects and needs to be done all over again.  Supervisor:  Tell support.  Support: Tell supervisor.  Check service provider, probably modem.  However, my Internet connection remains intact.  Oh, woe. ...

Am I Losing My Ability To Comprehend
Jun 05, 2015

Are the emails sent out to lengthy and just plain confusing. Same with a lot of the CPs. Seems to me there should be a more direct, to the point way of getting the message across. ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Activate IT Without Losing Custom List?
Jun 16, 2012

I've been using the IT Pro 7 free trial and have created a custom list with it. Instructions to activate IT have you download it, although the paid version is the same as the trial. If I re-download it, don't I lose my custom list? How would I save this to import without corrupting the file? I can't find anyway enter the registration number in the free version and my trial ends in 2 days so need to act fast to avoid losing it. Thanks ...

Accentus Soon To Be Nuance ....losing Our 401K
Nov 30, 2012

Just got e-mail from our wonderful HR person that no 401K was deducted in our most recent paycheck.  As soon as Nuance bought us, our program stopped :((   Welcome to Nuance...ughhh....I jumped from Webmedx to Transcend to Accentus and it seems I cannot escape :( ...

I Feel Like I Am Fighting A Losing Battle Here
Apr 16, 2014

How does the statement assessment and plan become a heading DISCUSSION AND DECISION-MAKING? Just in case, no, this is not a job with a specific heading list. I am just not understanding this whole mess anymore. Seems like every time the "fix" or update Fluency things get worse. ...

Well My Small MTSO Keeps Losing One Account After The
May 17, 2014

other and now we are all scrambling for work.  Seems to be the sign of the times. ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...