A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmark escription account? - dogmom

Posted: Mar 12, 2013

Anyone out there work on a Landmark escription account? Can you tell me what your experience is like...enough work, CPL? I was thinking of applying, but want to know if it's worth my time. TIA.

The account I had was almost 100% ESL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And no, there was not enough work. I have heard some say that they have had plenty of work, but that was not the case for me.

My experience was that one day there would be no work. Then, maybe the next day there would be an abundance of work and I may be tied to the computer 15 hours, trying to make up for the day before of having no work. I got to the point where I was afraid to leave the computer, because I was afraid work would come through and I wouldn't get it and I never knew when work would come through again. It makes it even harder too, because I would see job ads saying they are hiring all of the time and I would ask to please be placed on a different account and most of the time my emails got unanswered. When she did answer, she would say she already staffed that account.

Thank you - dogmom

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I was afraid of. I had read a couple similar stories on here. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

This post is absolutely correct and has been said here many times - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Landmark Escription - Bear

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same story as another one of the posters. The account I was on was 100% ESL. I was not told that at the time of hiring and I could not make enough money. I could do the ESL, but it slowed me down too much. It's also not pleasant doing that 100% of the time.
I wonder if all their accts at that bad or just the one you (and I) were on. - me inmn
[ In Reply To ..]
Mine turned out to be nearly 100% ESL and the good ESL docs reports would somehow "vanish" when I looked at the work pool!

You can only type or edit so many terrible ESL reports before you feel like crying, which I did a few times. Combine that with the incredible rate of speed you need to edit at 3CPL to bust through minimum wage, and it's a disaster. I quit awhile ago and don't regret it. They were nice to me, but the work and pay was terrible.

My experience - Landmark MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at Landmark for about 8 or 9 months now, but not on an eScription account. I'm on an ExText account. For the most part, I have more than enough work, but there are some days when we are told to stay logged off until a certain time when volume is low. That was happening quite a bit a few weeks ago, but now we're drowning in work on my account. That's just how it is. Feast or famine. Landmark is only a second/part-time job for me. I don't think I could depend on it for full-time because of the unpredictable volumes. They also don't have any benefits. I don't even think they offer PTO at all. Overall, I really don't have any complaints about them, but like I said, it's only a side job for me. They leave you alone to do your work and you very rarely ever hear from anyone.

Landmark - MT10

[ In Reply To ..]
Full-time Landmark employees get 5 days PTO per year. That's it! No other benefits! I was offered employment with them but declined. Might as well be an IC.

Wow... - Landmark MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Only 5 days a year??? Wow! My full-time company gives us 6 WEEKS of PTO a year for the first 2 years of service and it goes up from there. I guess it's a good thing that LM is just a side job for me. I'd go crazy only getting 5 vacation days in an entire year!
where is that? - cant believe it
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot believe that you get 6 weeks of PTO in thefirst 2 years! Please, fill me in. Privately if needed. My husband has 4 weeks after 20 years of service! Unbelievable.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Escription
Oct 29, 2014

Has anyone ever had problem accessing the Escription link to down load the program? I was having troubl elogging in, removed escription, then tried to put it back, but now it will not allow me to access the link...wondering if anyone encountered anything similar and may have a suggestion?   ...

One Landmark Account Out Of Work...
Feb 05, 2013

So it is claimed the account is slow what they really need to say is we overhired for this account and it is in turnaround and we're happy but you all have to fight to meet your line counts. That has been the story for the last week and this week is looking no different. So glad this is only part time for me!! If you're on that account full time I feel sorry for you! ...

Losing Account-Landmark
Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past. ...

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

Anyone Else Starting With The New Landmark Account Today?
Sep 17, 2013

New account starting up today.  Anyone else giving it a shot? ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Landmark Transcription - Anybody On Their eScription Accounts care To Share Comments?
Sep 15, 2012

Anybody on their eScription accounts care to share comments? I'm considering applying as I've read some nice things about them. ...

Escription - My Main Account Has Become Worse
Aug 22, 2012

I am wondering why in the past 2 months or so the VR on my main account has become worse than when the drs were first VR.  I am finding myself typing more than 50% of the supposed VR instead of just editing it and dropping my paycheck even further.  This is very frustrating when you are stuck on a VR for triple the time or more of the actual audio time.  I proposed this question to upper management and their response was that they have no idea why this is happening, but they are seeing this a ...

Escription TTSers. Have A Question About A Certain Account
Jan 17, 2013

e-mail we got yesterday about the account that starts with "B". I'd rather not ask the company in a reply mail about it.  So if someone could message me, I'd appreciate it. I'm rather confused on the issue and I don't want another condescending e-mail from certain parties that work there.   Thanks! ...

Landmark Frustrations - Aren't Allowed To Work On My Account Due To Low Volume
Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it� ...

Landmark NO WORK On "'NEW ACCOUNT"
Jan 25, 2010

Here we go again!  Same story, different day, week, month or year it seems!  Landmark hires 40+ MTs for a "new hospital account" and the work trickles in like water out of a cement block!  Why hire 40+ full time MTs to cover what is soooo obviously an over flow account?   why promise work and talk of "worried we may not have ENOUGH coverage....." if you know you have a slew of MTs trying to make an honest living on an account you have so totally overstaffed its ridiculou ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

For Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

Q1: What is COBRA continuation health coverage? Congress passed the landmark Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) health benefit provisions in 1986. The law amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Internal Revenue Code and the Public Health Service Act to provide continuation of group health coverage that otherwise might be terminated. Q2: What does COBRA do? COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent ...

Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

After the flurry of posts on this board this week regarding Landmark and then doing more research on my own in the archives on Landmark, I have decided to move on.  I am an employee of Landmark also.  I believe where there is smoke, there is fire to follow.  I have not seen what others are saying, but the lack of communication I have experienced and I am a person who do not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.  So,  I am finding another job and I suggest everyone on th ...

Landmark??
Jan 31, 2011

The other day I was roaming through the site and saw some very irritated MTs that were talking about Landmark, lack of communication, insurance issues, etc.  Can someone please tell me which Landmark this is?  I believe there are two.  ...

Landmark QA
Sep 29, 2011

For anyone who works at Landmark, I was just wondering how long is the norm for being on 100% QA? I've exceed my 90-day period and am still on 100% QA. Most of my reports come back clean with exception of a period or an a/an, or something simple along those lines. ...

Landmark Job Ad
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone know if the job ad Landmark posted recently (oncology) is a new account for them? I have read on here so many posts about how the MTs there say they don't have enough work and was wondering if this account is a new one so there actually would be work to do? I would like to apply but don't want to waste my time if there isn't enough work in the first place.  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Really? Sm
Nov 30, 2011

Landmark posting for radiology jobs?  I work for them and barely have any work.  Please look at the people you already have hired before you hire more.  That's why people don't stay.  I'd love to work there full time, but this has become my part time, back up account because I'm making so little money.  So frustrating.  Who else is working there currently for radiology?  I'd love to hear from you.  ...

Does Landmark Use.
Dec 21, 2011

Hi, Does Landmark use the BOS3? Thanks. ...

Landmark W-2
Feb 02, 2012

Hi everyone - I worked for Landmark Transcription out of PA last year until 2011 and I haven't received my W-2 from them yet.  I have sent them 3 emails directly on the website because I no longer have any of my Landmark contacts saved but haven't gotten an answer yet.  Have any of you others out there gotten your W-2 from them yet?   Thanks!! ...

Landmark VR
Feb 18, 2012

I just saw an ad on the job seeker's board for Landmark stating they are hiring for VR because their account is switching to VR. Does anyone know if this is across the board for Landmark? Are they totally switching to VR altogether? Or just one certain account?  I am worried because personally I hate VR and rather enjoy the straight typing I do for them.   Thanks in advance! ...

Anyone At Landmark Get Their W2?
Feb 04, 2013

What's Up With Landmark? -sm
Aug 21, 2013

I applied there twice already and I see they have an ad again.  Why don't they call the people who applied there already?  I have a lot of experience and usually get a call every time.  What more could they possibly want? ...

So Fed Up With Landmark.
Apr 23, 2014

This dragging along with no work is getting old FAST. Being told new accounts are going to start then week after week after week...NOTHING. They're not following fair labor laws AT ALL. I guess I'll lodge a formal complaint with the DOL and file for unemployment. I don't know what else to do at this point. ...

Landmark OOW
Jun 29, 2014

Does it seem worse than usual?  Is there...hmmm... favoritism going on here?  My work has dried up, no response to emails, no nuthin.  Any advice? comments? ...

I Am So Over Landmark
Aug 15, 2014

is pretty much a bitch-fest, at least it is some sort of contact with other MTs... oh excuse me... MLS.  I have never worked at a place where there was so little contact, no feedback, no sense of teamwork.  Yes, too much oversight with TLs hovering over you is oppressive and you may say... that's okay, I'd like that, just leave me alone to do my work... but really, it's tough to feel totally isolated, anyone agree?   ...

Landmark
May 07, 2015

Anybody know if Landmark Transcription is still around? Thought I had heard they were dying slowly a while back. ...