A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmarkers - Do you have work today? - Beta

Posted: Mar 14, 2011

Do you have work today?

It's end end of the pay period - EX-LMer

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for them it seemed only the favorites got work at the end of the pay period.

Ex LMer - Beta

[ In Reply To ..]
How does one become a favorite? TIA.

How did you get that information? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

No work all weekend, no work today...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and yes...I am actively job hunting!! Been six weeks with only two days of work. Used to love this company, but can't handle the lies they are telling us now.

I don't work for LM, but when the company - ILMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for pulled this garbage (overhiring so they could do instant TAT), I applied for unemployment and had no problem getting it. If you work nothing one week, you get the full amount. If you work a certain amount, it is a decreased amount but some weeks when I did not make a certain amount of dollars with actual work, I got the full amount of UE and also the salary from Transcend.

My thinking is that if more people did this, these companies (Transcend HR emailed me about this - now was their time to cry foul), then there would be less overhiring, which is, in my opinion, the major reason (unless the company has lost accounts) that every MT is scrambling for her share of the too little pie.

It was the only way to get a steady paycheck from them.

This only works if you are an employee...not for an IC - anonalias

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

no more jobs...sm - sick of it

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't had any work for about three now. Sickening how they get away with this.

The next thing that happens is you will be....sm - Another ex-LMer

[ In Reply To ..]
locked out of the system and told that they don't have enough work (or some other excuse). At the same time they will have ads on here to hire. They hire too many people for TAT and then get rid of them when they don't want to pay what the MT had asked for. That's how they roll. When I applied to work with them, I hadn't read anything negative. Now I hear the same story again and again. I'd be looking for another job before you find yourself without one.

work today - M&M

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope! What system do you work on? Not that it matters - seems to be no work on any system or any acct.

M&M - Beta

[ In Reply To ..]
Bayscribe.

Does LM send work overseas ? Maybe that - would explain ? (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

No, LM does not send work overseas. - MT3

[ In Reply To ..]
They just keep on overhiring. Not sure why.

another reason for lack of work at LM - BeenThereMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark also uses other small MTSOs to do a lot of their work, not just their own MTs. Plus, many of Landmark's accounts are overflow accounts or accounts that numerous MTSOs work on. There are a boatload of reasons why this company has always had a lack of work. When I worked for them, I never knew anyone who was locked out of the system, but it was impossible to get enough work to constitute a full-time paycheck, and that was working off and on throughout the day and evening hours.
I have almost always had lots of work at LM... - Wanting to work
[ In Reply To ..]
until now. I have been here for quite a while too. Never had this problem until about a month ago.

Similar Messages:

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

Landmarkers Prescription Med Help
Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route. Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of Janu ...

Landmarkers....any Work?
Mar 18, 2011

Has the work picked up at all in the last 2-3 weeks for anyone?  Been told it is slow across all accounts and can't get a backup acct! Thinking of going PT at this point; would you give 1-2 weeks' notice.  Also, former LM'ers, upon giving notice, do you lock you out or let you work your notice time out with dignity?  Thanks everyone!     ...

Landmarkers, Do You Have Any Work?
Aug 12, 2014

I have had no work across more than 6 accounts for nearly a month.  ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Landmarkers - Enough Work These Days?
Feb 24, 2011

Do you have enough work these days? ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Any Landmarkers Getting Consistent Work This Week?
Mar 11, 2011

Specifically Florida Bay area?  I sign on and get a few of the less desirable reports, okay all less desirable, and then I am out of work.  No word from management.  Don't know if they are weeding me out, giving work to the newbies, et cetera.  Thank you! ...

Any Landmarkers Uncharacteristically Running Out Of Work This Week Since The Jan. 13 Ad/hire? No Mes
Feb 03, 2011

nm ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...

What's Up Today? Sm
Mar 20, 2014

I have not received 1 email with account status updates, stupid "joke of the day", tip of the day or error emails. Also, none of the TMs are on. ...

Today Was My Last Day As An MT
May 22, 2014

After over 25 years as an MT, I'm not going to lie, I am a little sad. However, MT is not what it used to be. It served me well for about 20 years or so before it started to go south. I did manage to avoid VR, but it was only a matter of time.  I recently completed school (again) and I am starting a new career. I know many people think it can't be done on the wages MTs have been reduced to, but I am living proof that it actually can! I continued working as an MT while I was in sc ...

Today Is
Nov 30, 2014

I am offically sick of inconsiderate dictator day. They are being held accountable for their poor dictations with blanks, blanks, and more blanks.. I am done!!! ...

Anyone Else OOW Today?
Dec 10, 2014

Suddenly my account has gone dry.  My TSM's excuse is they are too heavily staffed on 1st shift...yeah, right.  I just checked for the heck of it and still nothing.  The account I am on begins with an E and is a hospital in PA.  Wow, just wow. ...

I Just Don't Know If I Can Do This Today. Nm
Feb 25, 2015

nm ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...

Once Again, No Work Today....
Oct 19, 2009

Thi s is getting so old. I can't live off NOTHING. ...