A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmarkers prescription med help - Concerned

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route.

Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of January of LM not contributing to anyone's cost of health insurance. 

Concerned - Thank you!

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for this information. This info will help many people. I do not know many MTs who can afford to pay cash for medications. The other day I was shopping in a Kroeger grocery store and I saw that their pharmacy has some arrangement where if you are uninsured you can get a month's worth of meds for ten bucks. I think Kroegers are mostly on the east coast, but may be wrong. Good luck to all!

Wal-Mart Rx - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe Wal-Mart has a lot of their generic medications that are only $4 with or without insurance.

We get a 3-month supply of some of our meds at CVS for $10. - nm/GaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

Landmarkers....any Work?
Mar 18, 2011

Has the work picked up at all in the last 2-3 weeks for anyone?  Been told it is slow across all accounts and can't get a backup acct! Thinking of going PT at this point; would you give 1-2 weeks' notice.  Also, former LM'ers, upon giving notice, do you lock you out or let you work your notice time out with dignity?  Thanks everyone!     ...

Landmarkers, Do You Have Any Work?
Aug 12, 2014

I have had no work across more than 6 accounts for nearly a month.  ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Landmarkers - Enough Work These Days?
Feb 24, 2011

Do you have enough work these days? ...

Landmarkers - Do You Have Work Today?
Mar 14, 2011

Do you have work today? ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Any Landmarkers Getting Consistent Work This Week?
Mar 11, 2011

Specifically Florida Bay area?  I sign on and get a few of the less desirable reports, okay all less desirable, and then I am out of work.  No word from management.  Don't know if they are weeding me out, giving work to the newbies, et cetera.  Thank you! ...

Prescription
Oct 13, 2009

Can someone help me with the spelling of this word: s/l beta aganerogent Thanks ...

Prescription Help
Jan 09, 2012

Need to know if what he is dictating is number of pills. "Prescription for doxycycline 100mg b.i.d. number 20 for possible tick infection." TIA ...

Any Landmarkers Uncharacteristically Running Out Of Work This Week Since The Jan. 13 Ad/hire? No Mes
Feb 03, 2011

nm ...

Prescription For S/l Adalac
Nov 04, 2009

Woman suffering with arthritis. ...

Prescription Reference
Apr 24, 2010

Is there a reference source where I can search a prescription even though I do not know the first letter of the prescription.  For example:  %cilozine.  ...

Rx Versus Prescription
Apr 07, 2012

I have a dictator saying "Will rx for an arterial Doppler...." and also says "Rx-ed for a Multi Podus boot..."  Should I type it as rx and rx-ed or should I change this to prescribe and prescribed?  (Not verbatim account).  Thanks!! ...

Type Of Prescription
Dec 05, 2012

Patient will be out of state for about a few months.  MD wants her to check with the pharmacies in the town where she will be staying to see if they will accept a (s/l) "uh-found-uh-an" prescription. ...

Script For Prescription?
Mar 21, 2013

Is it OK to use script instead of prescription when the dictator says script? ...

Changes To Prescription Plan
Jun 08, 2015

Glad the drugs I take are not on the list.  ...

Is Chloride A Prescription Drug?
Jan 13, 2010

Is chloride a drug? I did not find it in my drug reference book and on Drugs. com it put chloride with something else such as potassium?     ...

Smoking Cessation Prescription? ...sm
Apr 30, 2011

Patient given refill on s/l co-nicotine or ca-nicotine 7 mg daily for 3 weeks and then hopefully discontinue. Thanks for any ideas on this.  ...

How Is Prescription For BIPap Written
Dec 15, 2012

Patient has ALS with significant respiratory involvement.  Prescription was for BiPap at 8 04 pressure.  How should this be written?  Is it 804, 8:04 or some other way these prescriptions are written? Thanks for your help. ...

Prescription Med For Low Bone Mineral Density..s/l
Dec 02, 2010

she would not consider taking any prescription medication such as epsfosinate for low bone mineral density ...

Prescription Help - Duspatal & Enxyme Lefax
Apr 14, 2011

Two different doctors have dictated these medications on this patient. When searching online, I find them but they are not marketed in the US. Is it common practice to blank these in the report or to transcribe as dictated? ...

Do You Transcribe "script" For Prescription?
Oct 05, 2014

I am hearing more and more references to script rather than prescription.  I don't know if this has been addressed before. ...