A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmarkers, do you have any work? - Panic

Posted: Aug 12, 2014

I have had no work across more than 6 accounts for nearly a month. 

A little here and there. I made $90 last pay check. :( - me in alli

[ In Reply To ..]
I heard they lost an account or two recently to EMR?

work - none here

[ In Reply To ..]
I am only doing a straight typing account as I would no longer do ASR and I have only 1 account and supposedly no others available. I get about 1 to 1-1/2 hours of work a day. My last 4 checks have not amounted to enough to pay monthly bills. How sad.

I left there for that very reason - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
Two accounts and constantly running low on work. I, too, was not making enough there to pay all of the bills, especially after my primary account went to almost all VR. I had a backup account that was straight typing, but there was rarely ever any work on it. I left a few months ago after taking a new job. I never gave notice either, just quit, and they didn't even contact me to find out where I was. I guess they didn't care. Sad company.

wow, that's exactly what I did - jen

[ In Reply To ..]
I kept LM bc I thought they were better than nothing, even tho slim work. My new job worked out, had no time to fill in for Landmark, so I guess I basically just ended up quitting, because new job keeps me too busy. That's funny. Incredibly rude of them to not let us know, let us go. I had asked for a secondary account, imagine that.

A few people have said that in here recently - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That they just left and never heard anything from the company and thought that was poor management. I know at one point I saw something that said if you do not show up for 2-3 days with no call and no notification, that is considered your resignation and you're done. I haven't noticed it in awhile, and I'm thinking it's just kind of a secondary note attached to some other notice we get about time sheets or something else. But they definitely did send notice about that, so nobody is ignoring anyone when they take off. That's just part of their policy that they've let us know about.

My account was very, very slow for the last two weeks, and considering what I've read in here in the last few months, I thought my account (straight typing/acute care account) was going the way all others I'd heard about had. But K was not on IM when there was no work. She's back on IM now and the work has been there all this week so they do have medical accounts still. I am a little worried about the future with them ..... like I said, from everything I've seen in here. But for now, I love this job and will stay as long as I have work. I'm sorry about the way it looks things are going for all of us because I've always been very happy here.

I was very happy there, too - jen

[ In Reply To ..]
I wondered if they brought in new people that they paid less. I was making 8-1/4 cents a line. I know plenty of ppl will work for even 6, so I felt that might have been what was going on, they restricted our pools, those of us who were higher paying, just the feeling I got. I was with them for 4+ or 5 years.

Left there a few months ago due to no work ever - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I went from a full 8 hour day to 5 hours and then down to about 1 hour of work every day. I just left because no one ever answered my emails for a secondary account, why is work disappearing, etc. I never heard anything from anybody there ever. So, I just left with no notice and they didn't even care. I worked there for 3 years and it went from great to okay to horrible. This company has the worst management ever.

I left them, too - jen

[ In Reply To ..]
i left there because of no work also. I am not quite sure what is going on with them. I know I received a letter from gov't asking me to fill out some thing for wages when I worked there, so not sure what outcome was of that.

I don't think they even have medical accts anymore. look at msg - jen

[ In Reply To ..]
http://landmarktranscription.com/business-academic-research/

Wow, that's new - Ex-LM

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they just aren't getting medical accounts anymore. I thought I read on here a few months ago about them losing a couple of accounts. They're probably now exploring other ways for the company to stay afloat, so they're trying to get into other types of transcription. It looks like they're trying to do coding now, too. Either way, I also was not able to make enough money when I worked there and my several requests for another account were always ignored. Just like others, I finally left with no notice and never heard from anyone asking why I had stopped working. This company has the absolute worst management I have ever seen. No communication whatsoever, unless of course you make a mistake. That's literally the only time you'll ever hear from K. She's real quick to send out accusatory emails if you screw up on something, but she'll never reply if you email her. She's notorious for ignoring emails and not answering her phone. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not around for too much longer.
Ignorant much? - Old Timer
[ In Reply To ..]
People really should get their facts straight before they start stirring the pot!
we have our facts straight - jen
[ In Reply To ..]
yes, we sure do. We know what we have experienced and that is what we are saying. Poster said she didn't "think" they had medical accts anymore and posted link to why she "didn't think" so... not sure what you are talking about. We are just talking here, not stirring a pot, u might be, tho. :)
No kidding! - Ex-LM
[ In Reply To ..]
I never said that I KNEW FOR A FACT that was how things are at Landmark now. I made it very clear that I don't even work there anymore and haven't for several months. I said MAYBE they are having trouble getting new medical accounts and that is the reason they are trying to get into other types of transcription. As I said before, I did read on here not too long ago that Landmark had lost some accounts, so I was making an educated guess. Not once did I say they were hard facts. No one is trying to "stir the pot." We are all simply posting our personal experiences working for Landmark. Someone sure has her panties in a bunch over nothing!
such a total different experience - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
K has ALWAYS been great to me for the five years I've been there. They have done academic transcription and coding for a long time now. Do you ever visit their website??

I do agree that sometimes the communication is lacking but they have NOT lost all of their medical accounts (slander much?) and they are NOT going out of business.

You guys want to bash you really need to make sure you are bashing with FACTS and not conjecture.

Has anyone successfully gotten unemployment? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
People will say, "File for unemployment!!" The question is: Has anyone been successful in doing it? Have you received unemployment because there is no work?

It seems the common thread is the promise of work, with the expectation that people will sit and wait or spend hours online trying to scrape one more report out of the system. That's not work. That's unpaid babysitting.

Similar Messages:

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

Landmarkers Prescription Med Help
Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route. Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of Janu ...

Landmarkers....any Work?
Mar 18, 2011

Has the work picked up at all in the last 2-3 weeks for anyone?  Been told it is slow across all accounts and can't get a backup acct! Thinking of going PT at this point; would you give 1-2 weeks' notice.  Also, former LM'ers, upon giving notice, do you lock you out or let you work your notice time out with dignity?  Thanks everyone!     ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Landmarkers - Enough Work These Days?
Feb 24, 2011

Do you have enough work these days? ...

Landmarkers - Do You Have Work Today?
Mar 14, 2011

Do you have work today? ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Any Landmarkers Getting Consistent Work This Week?
Mar 11, 2011

Specifically Florida Bay area?  I sign on and get a few of the less desirable reports, okay all less desirable, and then I am out of work.  No word from management.  Don't know if they are weeding me out, giving work to the newbies, et cetera.  Thank you! ...

Any Landmarkers Uncharacteristically Running Out Of Work This Week Since The Jan. 13 Ad/hire? No Mes
Feb 03, 2011

nm ...