A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Landmarkers getting consistent work this week? - Wondering

Posted: Mar 11, 2011

Specifically Florida Bay area?  I sign on and get a few of the less desirable reports, okay all less desirable, and then I am out of work.  No word from management.  Don't know if they are weeding me out, giving work to the newbies, et cetera.  Thank you!

Been experiencing the same thing this week... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My thought was that they hired again and thus the lack of work again.

No work at Landmark - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
At least you seem to be getting a few reports to do. I've been getting absolutely nothing.

No work for me either.....sm - Out of work MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No work for 5-1/2 weeks for me. Supposedly due to weather on East Coast which is where my hospital is. But 5-1/2 weeks???? Don't buy it esp since so many accts haven't had work.

Thank you for your responses. - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I am going to apply for partial unemployment.

To Out of work MT I don't work for Landmark, but live - on east coast and sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and have accounts on east coast. No slow down of work. That is just a big lie you are being told.

Thanks......sm - Out of Work MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are probably correct about the lies. We've been slow b/4 due to weather, but nearly six weeks? Something is fishy not only for my acct, but a lot others that LM has as well!!

me too sm - SML mt

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been going on for me for a couple of months. I heard they lost an account. Too bad for the MTs....again!!

add me to the list - LMMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Work has been coming in but barely. I wonder if perhaps they are "weeding" out as well. Would be nice if we could find out though, not heard a thing.

Wondering - Wondering2

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have any work yet? It is Saturday afternoon now (EST).

work... - Anon, of course

[ In Reply To ..]
I just checked (Saturday afternoon) and there is work from Friday on the account somebody was mentioning earlier in this thread. There was also an email sent out this AM about TAT on another account, which is caught up now.

When she sent an e-mail asking for help on another account earlier in the week... - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you volunteer? Maybe you wouldn't be out right now.
I volunteered - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
and did some of the reports less than 500 lines' worth. I have been with this account since it started, get mainly the worst dictators. Seems to be on a whim who gets work and who does not and what type of work they get.
Never got an email about work last week...sm - Out of Work MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Have gotten ZERO emails about work available in the past six weeks!!!

There is more than one system used. - also anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe those who didn't get an email are on another system.

Yes there is work now supposedly - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
as there was supposed to be last night.

LandMark's constant problems - BeenThereMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just asking -- why do you folks keep working for this company? Nothing has changed for years. You can't possibly make a decent living under these conditions.

I moved on a long time ago. Yes, many companies have problems, but we all need to make enough to pay our bills. Landmark is not the company for that to happen. And I'm not the sort of person to be lied to constantly.

Hope you all realize you're worth more than the way these people treat you.

I agree. - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. If people don't enjoy working for a company, any company, they should move on. I have been at LM for a long time, but have never seemed to have the problems that some on this board have talked about.

I think any company that quits giving you work is trying to get rid of you. I've heard about other companies using this tactic as well. It really is the only way of weeding out the bad MTs.

Really - Not cut and dry

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't considering myself a bad MT, 25 years' experience, get the crap of the crap for dictators consistently in most jobs I have worked at, put in my time, most employers do not want to see me go as I make money for them. If you have a QA person who takes WTs away on a whim and without notice, when work may be taken away because you did not sign on to help "your account" on a weekend even though it is a scheduled day off or planned vacation and there are no bonuses, no OT, and no guarantee you will have enough work to make your line committments on the weekdays you have stated, or do not meet some other unknown expectation reasonable or not, that therein lies the problem. There is no mutuality. Yes it is a company that one will never get rich or even enough to pay the bills and it is past time to move on. I do have another job already, and I will have them fire me first though and in the meantime keep collecting information to present to the Labor Board.

I too have been with Landmark a long time. - Presently frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I must say I have always had lots of work until now. This past 6 weeks has been my first experience with this and frankly I wish I really knew what is going on.

Similar Messages:

Any Landmarkers Uncharacteristically Running Out Of Work This Week Since The Jan. 13 Ad/hire? No Mes
Feb 03, 2011

nm ...

Consistent Work?
Nov 14, 2012

Do the majority of the accounts have consistent work at MModal?  I am seeing a lot are out of work.  Also are there a lot of ESLs?  ...

Consistent Work
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone on an account with consistent work?  I am thinking of applying but Im a little nervous now seeing the posts. ...

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

Landmarkers Prescription Med Help
Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route. Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of Janu ...

Landmarkers....any Work?
Mar 18, 2011

Has the work picked up at all in the last 2-3 weeks for anyone?  Been told it is slow across all accounts and can't get a backup acct! Thinking of going PT at this point; would you give 1-2 weeks' notice.  Also, former LM'ers, upon giving notice, do you lock you out or let you work your notice time out with dignity?  Thanks everyone!     ...

Landmarkers, Do You Have Any Work?
Aug 12, 2014

I have had no work across more than 6 accounts for nearly a month.  ...

Consistent With Oscals? Involving The Elbow?
Nov 12, 2009

He has seen physicians where x-rays were obtained. The radiographic images were consistent with oscals involving the anterior and posterior aspects of the elbow. ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Landmarkers - Enough Work These Days?
Feb 24, 2011

Do you have enough work these days? ...

Landmarkers - Do You Have Work Today?
Mar 14, 2011

Do you have work today? ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Consistent Late Payment Of 60+ Days By Client
Mar 06, 2012

Is anybody else suffering each month because their client is not paying for completed transcription services ? Or do i contract for the only client that does not pay?  What do we do? ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

A Wall * Washren* Abnormality Consistent With An Acute Myocardial Infarction. Thanks. Nm
May 14, 2010

nm ...

Multiple Skin-colored Papules Consistent With S/L ***arthrotype Hives***
Jun 20, 2011

:( Unsure what she is saying. Boy has rash on arms and legs, and doc says "Multiple skin-colored papules on arms and legs consistent with S/L arthrotype hives." I have no clue... ...

Doc Says Patellofemoral And (s/l) "vital" Compartment Narrowing Right Knee Consistent With
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...