A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmarkers....any work? - Sheila

Posted: Mar 18, 2011

Has the work picked up at all in the last 2-3 weeks for anyone?  Been told it is slow across all accounts and can't get a backup acct!

Thinking of going PT at this point; would you give 1-2 weeks' notice.  Also, former LM'ers, upon giving notice, do you lock you out or let you work your notice time out with dignity? 

Thanks everyone!

Landmarkers - Another Sheila

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey my name is Sheila too, I didn't realize there were 2 of us there at LM!

Landmarkers - Sheila

[ In Reply To ..]
I just found out that I'm the only person at Landmark named Sheila. Please stop using my name on this public forum and use your own name if you have a complaint!

No work for me all week...again. sm - Out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
Applying like crazy for another job!

Out of work - Anna-Marie

[ In Reply To ..]
How long have you been at LM and has it always been like this?

About a year... - Middle name is Sheila (OP) ;0

[ In Reply To ..]
About a year and, no, the account I was on was busy, until very recently. Very strange!
very strange here too! - perplexed
[ In Reply To ..]
Were you on an acct that is gone right now because supposedly hospital staff is not dictating enough for the small staff they have inhouse and us too? They are supposed to be back. This account supposedly is what has LM scrambling and apparently all accounts are very slow besides. Who knows what's going on.
How many Landmarkers are affected by this? - Mom of 3
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have team leaders, liaisons, etc. who can explain it?
So slow MTs in the hospital don't have work..sm - Out of work MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Supposedly the hospital MTs don't have work either because it's slow "because of the bad East Coast weather." Yeah, but six weeks of bad weather?

Been with LM for over three years. Been slow for four or five days at a time, but never this long.

Love working for the company, but nice is NOT paying my bills!
Can't possibly be bad weather - for no work
[ In Reply To ..]
That just sounds like one of their lame excuses. I type for a few hospitals on the east coast (different company, not Landmark) and they are busier than ever and getting busier all the time.

I honestly think that there's something else going on at Landmark that we're just not being told about. Thank goodness I'm only PT with them, otherwise I'd be starving.
Can't possibly be - Concerned Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
I also think there is something going on, but WHAT? Why are they not keeping the MTs in the loop? Does anyone have any answers?
Not sure what's going on - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I think there's a lot more going on than simply low work volumes at Landmark too. And coupled together with the fact that Landmark stopped offering benefits just recently, even though I don't know what it is, I do think that it's probably something BIG.

I wish they would be a little more forthcoming with their MTs too. But I have a feeling if they were actually honest about the reasons behind us all having no work all of a sudden, we'd probably all end up quitting.
Then maybe we all should quit... - You Go First!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You Go First! - Concerned Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to quit. I like this company. I just want to be able to pay my mortgage.
I agree concerned mom. - another concerned mom
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been very happy here.
Why quit? Absolutely no work - same thing
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have any work at Landmark. So why go through all the trouble of officially quitting? End result is the same = $0.00
Same thing - Home run hitter
[ In Reply To ..]
What about applying for partial unemployment?
The first day the work cut out there was a horrible ice storm - Another concerned mom
[ In Reply To ..]
Weather was definitely what Landmark was told.Since then that is not possibly the reason.

Often would have dictators in the past complaining about notes they received to do discharge, etc. on a specific patient. "I think I did this one but I will do it again." Could it be they have stopped writing these notes and no one is dictating? Could it be the hospital is doing something with the work that they haven't even told Medical Records? There are so many thoughts as to why they had to even lay off some of the staff in-house.What we are all saying here is that we don't trust that our employer is telling us the truth.I think we should all just keep asking for an answer.None of the accounts seem to have enough work for us.
What is happening - - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your account has asked that the company try more "cost effective measures" and so it is being offshored as a trial. In a bit, they will come back with the news that it has been requested by the client to be offshored to save money.

Trust me .. mark your calendar, ladies. This is what is happening.

BTDT
What is happening - Concerned Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
Not arguing or doubting what you say, but how do you know this? Do you work for LM?
I was told that Landmark didn't offshore - has this changed
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been told and also seen Landmark advertise in the past that they were 100% USA and didn't offshore anything.

Has this changed? Is Landmark starting to offshore some of their work now?
Landmark does not offshore - LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
Not only does LM NOT offshore, they belong to a group of MTSOs whose purpose to NOT offshore. I think someone is just trying to stir the pot.

My account is in Texas and hasn't had work! - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it's just this one hospital causing this, but that doesn't explain why there is no work across all the accounts. This is going on week 7 of no work, and it's getting scary, particularly with no communication from higher ups.

Curious - AM

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried contacting the higher-ups? Do you have a team leader or something like that? And you are in week SEVEN with no work and you are still staying? What is going on what that company?

Higher ups (owner & QA person) say it is due to...sm - Out of Work MT

[ In Reply To ..]
the weather. We are NOT stupid as this no-work-thing has affected all accounts.

Yes, applying for jobs...Just haven't officially quit LM.
Out of Work MT - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know what state you are in, but in many (maybe all?) states you could quality for partial unemployment.

Wish LM management would be up front with what is truly going on....sm - Out of Work MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This is week 7 for me, too. Only worked 3 partial days doing a clinic report someone else used to do.

Wish management had the balls to email us, call us or even post here with what REALLY is going on.

Applying like crazy for another MT job. I have an offer to work at MQ, but really do NOT want to go back to them.

Out of work - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
How long have you worked for this company? How long has the company existed? I feel for you.
Unemployment....sm - Out of Work MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for LM almost 4 yrs. Love the company, the acct, & the flexiblity I have with them (no set schedule).

Nick--Thanks for the reminder about unemplyent benefits. Will check on that.
Out of Work MT - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
When this happened to me (not with your company, but with another company I was working for a few years ago)I was advised to keep a careful log of what time I logged on every day, what time I logged off, and how many hours per day I spent in "waiting for work." "Waiting for work" is the key phrase. I hope this helps.
Keeping logs....sm - Out of Work MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Was told last week that I am not allowed to even log in to check for work...They will tell me when there is work available. Saving all their emails for evidence!

Almost 7 weeks here too - another concerned mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have been on another acct (as the one I have been on for years has no work at all) which is constantly running out of work as well.Partial unemployment is better than nothing absolutely but still does not supply enough and still would rather have the usual amt of work back.

Similar Messages:

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

Landmarkers Prescription Med Help
Jan 28, 2011

Others may have figured this out but if this helps someone with getting prescriptions great.  I was going through my 90 days probation, no insurance, but still had scripts with refills.  Finally I talked with Wal-Mart and the medication I had been going without was only $4 per month without insurance, so you might want to see if you can go that route. Secondly, if and when this mess gets figured out, don't forget about the loss of compensation to the MT for the month of Janu ...

Landmarkers, Do You Have Any Work?
Aug 12, 2014

I have had no work across more than 6 accounts for nearly a month.  ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Landmarkers - Enough Work These Days?
Feb 24, 2011

Do you have enough work these days? ...

Landmarkers - Do You Have Work Today?
Mar 14, 2011

Do you have work today? ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Any Landmarkers Getting Consistent Work This Week?
Mar 11, 2011

Specifically Florida Bay area?  I sign on and get a few of the less desirable reports, okay all less desirable, and then I am out of work.  No word from management.  Don't know if they are weeding me out, giving work to the newbies, et cetera.  Thank you! ...

Any Landmarkers Uncharacteristically Running Out Of Work This Week Since The Jan. 13 Ad/hire? No Mes
Feb 03, 2011

nm ...