A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just an FYI to Synernet Employees - Ex-SynMT

Posted: Jan 26, 2015

When I was there last year during the mandatory OT, I definitely did not work OT all the time. No one ever sent me an e-mail as to why I was not. I just could not do it. It was too taxing on my body, as I have some medical issues going on. Just so you know. Then when I did, I would do may be 4 hours sometimes 2. That is too much to ask of a person, as we do have a life and responsibilities outside of our job.

We have an new manager though who is more active - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Things have changed. We have a new manager of transcription now and she is very responsive and aware of what is going on. She is contacting people who do not do the MOT. So I am not sure if your situation would be the same as now. I personally would not try anything. Thanks for thinking of us, just to let you know there is a lot going on and I would not chance it. Especially since the DOL said the company can enforce this.

That is a new manager, not an. Sorry for typo - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Sounds like this might be the new manager? - Mt

[ In Reply To ..]
If they allow that with even 1 person, the rest do not have to do the OT by law.

Synernet MOT do it or not? - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Truly, I wouldn't try getting away with skipping the MOT. So far, I have found the new manager to be quite rigid. Actually, the new manager sent out an email stating that she would make an announcement on Sunday as to how many hours of MOT were required this week, and I didn't receive that email until after 3PM on Monday. So, I'm not sure she is all that attentive. She may have had some technical problem or power outage or some other problem that prevented her from making the announcement on Sunday, but she didn't say so, and made no apology about waiting until Monday afternoon. I get the feeling that she is much more flexible with herself than she is with any of us, or maybe that inflexibility is passed down to her from upper management. At any rate, I wouldn't take a chance trying to get away without doing the MOT or refusing to do it unless you want to risk losing the job.
MOT - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, FWIW, here's my input.

I'm going to do X lines per day (given the availability) and not one line more. I'll do it in 6 hours, or 8 hours, or 10 hours...whatever. My fingers are NOT going to hit more keys regardless of MOT; in fact, knowing that my day will drag on forever in order to satisfy MOT, or that I HAVE to work 6 or 7 days a week, is so utterly demotivating that I become angry, deeply fatigued, resentful, and defeated. Yeah, I know my response is childish.

If they want increased productivity, I think they ought to quit counting hours and start counting lines. Adding hours is not the answer here, IMO. I get less productive as the day wears on, so there are diminishing returns. Currently I DO take a hit in PTO hourly pay (it's much, much lower than it should be), but...oh well.

I do have another question which is important - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Have many people experienced what they consider retribution by people higher up, that is, when something happens and a question is asked, then things happen which seem out of the ordinary and may seem like unfair practice. And if this goes on what can be done about it without making things worse (other than leaving). This has something to do with what has previously been discussed on here as "meany managers," etc. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Synernet Mean practices - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I learned the hard way to NOT mention anything that could be used to make my workday extremely upsetting, unproductive, etc... For instance, I mentioned a certain worktype that I have very little experience with and really despise, as it takes me too long and cuts down on my line count. Almost immediately (I mean that day), I found this worktype to comprise the majority of the work available to me, with not much else to offer, and this has continued to every day for almost 2 weeks so far. In addition to this worktype, I'm getting speakers that I've never had before this, so it's like learning a new account, and my line count/income has gone down by at least 25%. At first, I thought I must be getting paranoid, but it's too coincidental. So, my advice is to not express your interests and dislikes to anyone there.

Ditto, happened to me also. You are not - SYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
paranoid. Just send them blanks if you really can't get it and/or find it easily. I have a 3-minute rule.
Oh I am sorry this happened/ is happening to you - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was my imagination, but sadly it is not. Not sure if there is anything we can do but keep our mouth shut,let it pass, and stay under the radar from now on.

I cannot wait to quit this job - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been here for quite a while, and want the generous PTO as it is not found that much elsewhere, but at this point it isn't worth it to me anymore. Things have gotten so bad in this place that I am having to get out. We get an e mail about the supervisors and then are told to not contact them directly on IM or by e mail. Well then they shouldn't contact me directly either with their stat requests. Seriously a case of pecking order going on here and not the good kind. I thought this was a good place years ago but not now. No way. Someone once said it was like an anvil hanging over your head and I agree. Or like the gallows. And I am a level headed person, patient, but truly tired of the treatment in this place.

Agree - with all

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely had the same experience. You are way better off never saying anything about anything. Once you have a "spotlight" on you, you are doomed, and the favortism is just outlandish. There is a Code of Conduct in place, but only us, the MTs, abide by it. I just stay in my own little spot of the world here and hope no one notices. It's awful and you are not alone or paranoid.

After questioning did QA start picking at you - slave laborer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found whenever I have said anything QA starts in or I start getting a bunch of junk they know I don't do. I dread logging on every day. I have an interview at a hospital next week for a lab clerk, I sure hope I get it.
Same story - SynMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm hoping for you that you get that in-house job.

Actually, I think QA always has picked on me, not sure if it's just me or just the way they are with everyone. I've decided to read their feedback, think about it for a second and then move on, not allowing it to grate on my nerves or mess with my confidence. This business of a QA review every pay period seems pretty oppressive and insulting to me as well, especially if I've already proven that I can do well.
QA Dept. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD just love getting QA audit information during your shift like rapid gun fire, email after email after email. Gimme a break. Can they send after hours or figure out a different way?

SYNERNET CHALLENGE? - Mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Since we know admin people read this forum (according to phone calls we had with V and J), I challenge you to do an anonymous survey of MTs and find out what truly is wrong with this department and perhaps try to improve things? I challenge the lurkers.

Similar Messages:

Any Synernet Employees?
Apr 02, 2013

I passed all of their online testing and have a phone interview tomorrow.  I'm scared and nervous at the same time.  But, seeing that my on-site position will likely be gone by summer, this could be a good thing.  ...

Synernet Employees How Many Accounts Do You Work On?
Oct 17, 2013

I was just curious as to how many accounts you all work on.  I have been running out of work lately, as it seems a lot of us have and keep being put on different accounts and it's driving me mad! ...

Synernet - Do Not Hire Employees From Rhode Island
Jun 27, 2012

Tested and did extremely well for Synernet; however, they do not hire employees from Rhode Island.  When I responded to the advertised position, it had no mention of that.  Anyone have a clue? ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...

Anyone Hear From Synernet Yet? Nm
Sep 29, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For Synernet
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone out there ever worked for Synernet?  If so, how is the pay and how do they treat you?  Is there plenty of work?  Thx. ...

Synernet - Feedback
Feb 11, 2012

Looking for feedback on this company...VR, straight transcribing...platform, etc.  TIA ...

Info On Synernet?
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any info on Synernet, i.e., ppl, benefits, etc.? Thanks! ...