A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Synernet - do not hire employees from Rhode Island - barandgrill

Posted: Jun 27, 2012

Tested and did extremely well for Synernet; however, they do not hire employees from Rhode Island.  When I responded to the advertised position, it had no mention of that.  Anyone have a clue?

likely a tax issue - xsynernet

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yep, Same thing happened to me with FN. sm. - Dorothy

[ In Reply To ..]
There were not enough employees from the state in live in for FN to withhold state taxes. They did withhold taxes for a number of states, just not mine, so I had to go IC. Good luck.

synernet - barandgrill

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the responses. Would have gone IC if asked. Never been discriminated against for being from a particular state.

The MTSO has to be licensed in your state.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
in order to withhold taxes for you as an employee. Obviously they are not licensed in NJ. They are not discriminating against you. Maybe NJ has state laws that they do not wish to abide by, so they have not applied for a license from there.
State minmum wage factors in too - starvingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been turned down, by other companies, because the minimum wage in Washington is one of the highest--it's cheaper for them to hire in states with lower minimum wage. Can't say for sure that's the case for you, but it is another reason. Good luck.

Synernet - On site MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't hire in WA state either, neither does Diskriter. I thought it might have something to do with the minimum wage/Labor laws.

Synernet - No name

[ In Reply To ..]
Synernet does not hire from a few different states. It has to do with worker's compansation laws in these states. I work there and have referred other MTs and found this out with one of them. Also, they DO NOT hire IC. Employee staus only. It's a great company. If you are really interested you can email me for an honest opinion. Been with them for 15 months.

Similar Messages:

Which Companies Hire EMPLOYEES?
Jan 31, 2012

I have a PT gig working as an IC but need a FT gig so want it as employee status. Which companies hire employees rather than ICs?  NO large nationals, please!  I'm not gonna go there.  :) ...

Any Synernet Employees?
Apr 02, 2013

I passed all of their online testing and have a phone interview tomorrow.  I'm scared and nervous at the same time.  But, seeing that my on-site position will likely be gone by summer, this could be a good thing.  ...

Just An FYI To Synernet Employees
Jan 26, 2015

When I was there last year during the mandatory OT, I definitely did not work OT all the time. No one ever sent me an e-mail as to why I was not. I just could not do it. It was too taxing on my body, as I have some medical issues going on. Just so you know. Then when I did, I would do may be 4 hours sometimes 2. That is too much to ask of a person, as we do have a life and responsibilities outside of our job. ...

Does MQ Hire Statutory Employees Or Is It Just Part-time?
Jan 20, 2012

I need flexibility because I home school.    ...

Synernet Employees How Many Accounts Do You Work On?
Oct 17, 2013

I was just curious as to how many accounts you all work on.  I have been running out of work lately, as it seems a lot of us have and keep being put on different accounts and it's driving me mad! ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

New Hire?
Sep 02, 2010

Were you hired this year?  Which company??  How much per line???  Is anyone paid by the hour????  Thank you. ...

New Hire MQ
Apr 15, 2011

Just a question for everyone.  I accepted a position and was to hear by the end of this week from my manager about doing some training on Tuesday of next week and have not heard one word.  I did receive foot pedal, etc.  I put a call out to the recruiter who told me my manager was going to contact me, but of course at MQ you always have to leave a message.  Is this the norm for new employees?????  Any comments are appreciated. ...

NEWBIE HIRE
Nov 12, 2009

Dear Fellow MT's, Please advice me with some reputable information on how to get started with a  company or job transcribing. I've worked in the Medical Field for 10 years now as a Unit Clerk, Telemetry Tech and then doing CNA work since I am a Medical Assistant. I've worked in the ICU, DOU, and Emergency Room for 4 years and then worked on a Cardiology Unit in Telemetry with heart rhythms for another 3 years. Before all this I've worked as a CSS for 3 doctors on t ...

Why Don't The Big Companies Want To Hire
May 31, 2010

part-timers for weekend work anymore?  That's the way it was done for years, full-timers for M-F and part-timers for weekends, and it worked great because so many MTs are looking for extra weekend part-time work anyway.  It seems to be mostly the bigger corporations, as usual, changing things for the worse here.  Is it just the laziness of the HR & management people, not wanting to process part-timers?  I suspect a lot of the very-experienced MTs are working at small ...

Breitner - If They Hire IC's?
Aug 16, 2011

Does anyone know if they hire IC's?  Thanks! ...

Softscript - If They Hire IC'S?
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know if they hire IC'S?  Thanks so much ...

SGS: DEMOTE THE OLD QA, HIRE NEW FOR LESS
Nov 24, 2011

TO: Careers At Superior Global Dot Com RE:  Public Posted QA Editor Job Opening, Ann Arbor, MI, Posted 11/22/11 Hello, I am emailing to express intent to apply for the Ann Arbor, MI, QA Editor position listed on MTStars, 11/22/2011. I am currently employed full-time with SGS.  I was hired into the position of QA-Editor, as a member of SGS' A-Team (the 'best of the best'), two years ago, to an hourly position at $16.50 per hour, 40 hours per week. As we ...

Does Nuance Hire ICs?
May 23, 2012

Tx. ...

MM Benefits For New Hire
May 30, 2012

Regular full time with benefits or regular full time with limited benefits, what is the difference. Thank you! I am assuming MM benefits are horrible. What's best route to take when working full time. ...

I Really Don't Think It's Just To Continuously Hire MTs
Nov 26, 2012

as employees, yet the MTs are still on production instead of hourly, and the new hires never get any work to do.  If they do get any work, it's not enough to live on.  They want you to sit there until they have enough "extra" for you to do?? How is that right?  There must be some kind of fraud or something legally that I don't know about that can take these companies to task for doing this to people.  I'm tired of being treated this way, starving all the way t ...

Does Nuance Hire MTs In CA?
Mar 03, 2013

Any CA MTs hired recently by Nuance?  I know some other MTSOs won't hire CA MTs because of the strict labor laws and NJA rules.  ...

Why Do These Places Hire?
Mar 26, 2013

I was laid off from a hospital in November and our boss gave us the name of your company, saying we would be hired on the spot. Why do these places continue to hire if there is no work?   ...

New Hire Training!
Apr 10, 2013

I have never been through a more horrific new hire training process anywhere.  This is such a mess and I'm more confused than ever.  Already guarded about my decision with taking a job, I'm more than ever regretting this!!!  I just want to quit and I haven't even gotten started yet.  Will it get better if I can get through all this training?  I haven't even gotten to my account yet!! ...

Does Keystrokes Hire IC's?
Sep 30, 2013

Does Keystrokes hire IC's?  And do they do VR?  Thanks! ...

Potential New Hire
Dec 07, 2013

I've had a job offer with a transcription company..however, my problem is I'm required to have MS Word, version 2007 or 2010,,,no student/teacher/starter or trial editions....and I've gone to Best Buy, E Bay and Amazon.  The cheapest I have found to dowload it is $300 !!  That's not happening....so, is there a less expensive way ??? If not, I'm faced with turning down this job offer.   HELP !! ...

Anyone Hire Using Windows 8?
Mar 21, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies hiring and are compatible with my windows 8 computer?  I am seeking evenings from 5:30 through 11:30 p.m. and any hours on the weekends, but I cannot find any companies using windows 8.   Thank you everyone for any info.    Melinda ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

What Is A Temp-to-Hire MT?
May 02, 2014

Just showed up on the Job Seeker's board.  Does this mean that you're a temporary employee until they decide they like you, and then they give you a firm offer?  Not a good deal, IMO.   ...

Any Companies Hire M-F?
May 15, 2014

I know this is an extreme long-shot, but I'm wondering if there are any good MT companies out there that hire M-F and pay a fair line rate (for the way things are today anyway). It doesn't matter to me whether I work employee or IC. I just left Nuance a couple months ago and am working general transcription on my own schedule right now, but it's way too strenuous for the pay rate and the work is sporadic. I've got to figure out my next move, but I hate to go back to working e ...

Current New-hire TTS MTs?
Jul 04, 2014

TTS keeps running ads but people say they do not follow up on interviews after going through the testing.  Has anyone actually answered the ad, been interviewed and hired within past 6 months?  I am relatively new here and just wondered about why some smaller companies are always looking for help but when I research the company here there are nothing but complaints.   ...

New-Hire Communication
Jan 11, 2015

I just started with Nuance this past week.  During the hiring process, I had good communication with the recruiter.  During training, there was good communication with the person in charge of my training.  However, since my first day on the job, I have only heard from my TSM once, and that was a bulk e-mail to lots of people.   Is this typical?  I've been reviewing my QA in Fiesa and making notes, but should I be expecting any other kind of feedback or communication ...

Re: New Hire Bonus
Feb 20, 2015

Has anyone had problems getting their new hire bonus? Mine was supposed to be on today's check, I even verified it a month ago.  That's $1000 I really need! ...

Just A Thank You To The MTSOs Who Hire ICs And Actually Let Them Be ICs. Sm
Apr 07, 2015

I thought maybe I was doomed to the lot of those who want to hire ICs to work as employees with set hours and all sorts of other restrictions but finally I am actually working as an IC with 24-hour turnaround time with both companies. For me, this is an ideal situation as I am at my most productive when I work a couple of hours and then do something else for awhile. There are so many MTSOs who take advantage of the MTs any way they can, and that makes me even more grateful for the ones who "do ...

Does Nuance Hire PT?
Apr 20, 2015

nm ...