A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Synernet employees? - smeeps

Posted: Apr 02, 2013

I passed all of their online testing and have a phone interview tomorrow.  I'm scared and nervous at the same time.  But, seeing that my on-site position will likely be gone by summer, this could be a good thing. 

RE: Synernet - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started at Synernet recently and so far so good. Straight typing, steady work, great dictators, best benefits offered in this field among MTSOs. The line rate may SEEM low, but once you factor the ease with which you can accumulate lines on their platform not to mention the excellent benefits, you will be making great money from the very start. As long as you have the discipline to work a fixed schedule, this is the best place I've come across in more than 6 years for an employee position. Good luck with your interview of if you get an offer - jump on it!

What is the line rate? - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering.

.07/65 char.including spaces - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Synernet - justanotherMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering if you could tell me which platform you work on. I'm thinking of applying, and have learned after working many different places that the rate is not as important as the platform. TIA

Fusion - Busy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's Fusion and it's honestly one of the best, most user friendly platforms I've ever worked on.
Does Fusion incorporate Word? (nm) - Wunderkind
[ In Reply To ..]
It does - Busy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It is Word-based and does incorporate with it. :)

Totally agree! - Busy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't agree with this more! I just recently started there as well and the benefits are the best you will find and they have a VERY generous vacation package. Yes, 7 cpl may seem low, but you will never ever run out of work and it's VERY easy to accumulate lines. I do well over 2000 a lines a day every day. The lower line rate almost scared me away when I was first hired, but I'm so glad I didn't let it! I'm making more at 7 cpl than I was at 9 cpl at my old job that constantly ran out of work. I do know that Synernet does not hire all that often because they have such a low turnover rate, so if you get offered a position, I'd go for it!

Now I'm excited....... - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
The in-house job, I've had for a total of 3 years, has been using Fusion. I'm very familiar with it. I'll see how it goes at 9 a.m. tomorrow :)
Just Had My Interview..... - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
It went very well. However, this was only round 1 of interviews. So, I will be contacted either way if I'm going on to round 2 or not. Like if I wasn't nervous enough. It is what it is though. As for holidays, sure it's nice to be off, but I don't mind working them (the extra pay is nice to have).

RE: Synernet - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanted to add that it is VERY easy to get 2000+ lines per shift; from my first week after training, I have averaged a little over 300 lph which comes out to $21/h. I expect that as I learn the names of the physicians, facilities, towns, etc., I should be able to do even better. Also, as someone else pointed out in another post, this is a hospital-owned company; they are not going to outsource the work to another MTSO/overseas. Highly recommend!
Same here - Busy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also averaging over 300 lph on most days. I was even doing well over 2000 lines a day during the 2 weeks of training. The dictators are excellent and the reports are usually fairly long (not little dinky 1-3-minute reports), so the lines add up quickly. I find myself averaging $22-$25 per hour. I haven't been this happy in a job in years.
Do they allow part-time - employment?
[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't look like it according to their website. If so, do you know the minimum hours worked? Thanks!!
Their ad on Seeker's says FT, 2nd & 3rd shift, and 4 holidays to be worked. nm - NYMT
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Synernet - MTMS
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to ask this again, but you are getting 2000+ lines per shift doing straight typing, not VR?
Yes, it's all straight typing - Busy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
No VR at all, all straight.
Their careers page says it is typing AND editing.. - Just sayin...nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Busy MT - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
If you just started there, how do you know you will never run out of work? In regard to turnover, I have actually seen ads for them quite often, at least twice in the last 3-4 months. Stuff happens, but I hope it turns out to be everything you are looking for in an employer. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just becoming more cautious in my old age.
By recently, I mean a year - BusyMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there 11-1/2 months. I guess I consider that as fairly recent. I probably should has said that before. Back when I first started, I asked if they frequently run out of work and I was told "that just doesn't happen here". That turned out to be completely true. I have never even come close to running out of work during the entire year I've been there. This is one company who does NOT over hire. The go on mandatory OT when the volumes get really high.

I really hate to think about working at 7 cpl, but the rest sounds good. Do you sm - COMT

[ In Reply To ..]
you know, do they allow a split shift? I find I am more productive if I split it up and not try working a solid 8 hours.

Thanks.

Wonder why they won't accept testing from people - in certain states?

[ In Reply To ..]
They are not set up to hire anyone from these states: California, Hawaii, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Washington and Wyoming.

Kinda sucks. :(

Accepting testing - Synernet reject

[ In Reply To ..]
They accepted my test, I did really well. I live in one of those states, though, and was told after the fact that they don't hire in my state. I think it's too expensive for them to do business in certain states, and some of the requirement for a business license may be prohibitive. People are talking about them as if working 4 holidays a year and mandatory OT are wonderful things, to each their own.

Holidays & OT - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right - to each their own. BUT, I find it incredible in an industry that has eroded to the point that most often the complaint is "No Work", "running out of work," "can't make enough money to support self or family," that anyone would complain about having to work 4 holidays (as far as I know every MTSO requires work on holidays) and occasional mandatory overtime in efforts to prevent overhiring and ensuring that for the rest of the 361 days of the year you have steady work. I don't know about anybody else, but me & mine really don't celebrate President's day and working that day really doesn't adversely affect my quality of life (many places don't consider the day after Thanksgiving a holiday either); working my regularly scheduled shift on 4 holidays, in an industry that I know doesn't close for the holidays, doesn't offend me. But as you said - to each their own.
I'm with you - another Synernet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Just look at the contrast between this thread and the threads of other MTSOs on this page.
Exactly - Busy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
In pretty much all of the other threads on this board, everyone is complaining about not having enough work and constantly having to sit around and wait for available jobs. Here is a company who NEVER runs out of work and ensures that will never happen by not over hiring and instituting mandatory OT to cover higher volumes and vacations so that their current employees can have a chance to make even more money. Some MTs will never be happy! They'll complain if there isn't enough work, then they'll complain that they don't want to work holidays or OT. I'm shaking my head! I'm so incredibly grateful to have a job with Synernet. They offer so much more security and stability than other other MTSO I've worked for.

I'm an employee - TR

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Synernet. They actually are a very good company to work for. There is rarely a day when there is no work. QA is extremely helpful, gets back to you pretty quick, and very organized. The company is very organized and has high standards (which is a good thing). They really frown on changing your schedule. Make sure you know exactly what will work for you before you would possibly start with them as far as a schedule goes. They micromanage pretty hard. The more experience you have the better but will work with you to give you tips on how to be more productive if you need help. They require you work 4 holidays a year. Pay is ALWAYS on time and they are pretty fair about it. Definitely a reliable paycheck.

How long does it take... - Smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
For them to tell you either way if you've made it to round 2 of interviews? I guess I'm excited/nervous. And just wondering. :)

They told me during the first interview - Jamie

[ In Reply To ..]
At the end of my first interview, they told me they would definitely be setting up a second interview, which they scheduled with me a couple of days later.
Why so many interviews? - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
Shouldn't the testing and 1 interview be enough? Wonder by so many?
The first is with recruiter/HS, the second is with - the MT supervisor(nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh Well :( - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
I was politely thanked for taking the time and effort to complete all testing and participating in the phone interview, but they are looking into other candidates.

Similar Messages:

Just An FYI To Synernet Employees
Jan 26, 2015

When I was there last year during the mandatory OT, I definitely did not work OT all the time. No one ever sent me an e-mail as to why I was not. I just could not do it. It was too taxing on my body, as I have some medical issues going on. Just so you know. Then when I did, I would do may be 4 hours sometimes 2. That is too much to ask of a person, as we do have a life and responsibilities outside of our job. ...

Synernet Employees How Many Accounts Do You Work On?
Oct 17, 2013

I was just curious as to how many accounts you all work on.  I have been running out of work lately, as it seems a lot of us have and keep being put on different accounts and it's driving me mad! ...

Synernet - Do Not Hire Employees From Rhode Island
Jun 27, 2012

Tested and did extremely well for Synernet; however, they do not hire employees from Rhode Island.  When I responded to the advertised position, it had no mention of that.  Anyone have a clue? ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...

Anyone Hear From Synernet Yet? Nm
Sep 29, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For Synernet
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone out there ever worked for Synernet?  If so, how is the pay and how do they treat you?  Is there plenty of work?  Thx. ...

Synernet - Feedback
Feb 11, 2012

Looking for feedback on this company...VR, straight transcribing...platform, etc.  TIA ...

Info On Synernet?
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any info on Synernet, i.e., ppl, benefits, etc.? Thanks! ...