A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx pay changes - Tired

Posted: Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees.

I'm so upset right now... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Do I understand this correctly? No more 1st bonus tier because now you are required to do 6500 lines per week now minimum? I can't even think right now. The low threshold for bonus was the only thing that made my base line rate bearable. I haven't even been able to get to the 6500 point for the last month because of being "pooled" to work on other accounts.

I can't pull this up "on paper" in the manual or the HR section either to actually look at this and get specifics, which is making me even more upset.

I feel physically sick. sm - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I know the economy is hard, but this company has been cutting pay under various guises for years. I don't remember any cost of living raises ever. How are we supposed to make it? I bet this was largely the new manager's ideas. She seems bent on making every change possible to adversely affect employees, and there's no sign that she could care less about the HUMAN resources behind the computers.

Our lives turned upside down yet again - so fed up

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't even think. I hate these people!!!!
Does the health system know about it? - Bettie_Bgood
[ In Reply To ..]
What I wonder is...is this paycut being passed on to the health system client, by charging them less...or is this paycut being instituted to make MORE PROFIT for the big-wigs at the company. If so...how does that benefit THE PATIENTS, our ultimate customers? As a patient, I want to know that EVERYONE involved in my care is getting paid a decent wage, a good wage - not suffering, and having THEIR health impacted - does that make sense? You're destroying the health of people helping to provide health care to other people - so that the big-wigs in between can rake in more cash.

What does AHDI have to say about all this - oh yeah, we just need to all get CERTIFIED! Then there won't be any pay cuts!

I think not only do we need to Take A Union Break this MT Week - maybe we ought to be boycotting MT Week altogether, as bogus, do-nothing, corporate-feel-good propaganda.

I'm going on strike...a soft strike...this MT Week. Why not try it for 15 minutes...sit back, and imagine what it would be like to have collective bargaining, and visibility in the media, when it comes to this kind of pay abuse...that's what it is...they figure we are so beat down, we'll just allow ourselves to be beat down even more, and not push back. Take a Union Break...then contact a union. If we keep emailing them, maybe a union will get interested.
As more work goes to ASR (and gross line counts go up), - I was sort of expecting an incentive scale
[ In Reply To ..]
adjustment. That they actually cut the SR rate, though, is shocking. I'm good at both but was still earning more at MT than SR at the existing rates. A rate cut is a disaster.

I'm a high producer, happy with the company and have been doing fine--and the new incentive tier settings are not a problem--but the SR rate cut will require me to move on.
Kind of wondering, and kind of scared. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I still consider myself a relative newbie (coming up on 2-year anniversary in MT). I was getting more consistent about reaching 6500+ lines per week (all straight MT, surprisingly no accounts with SR for various reasons, so no "boost" in production from that). Now getting back up to speed with the new pooling, but definitely not there yet. I am seriously wondering if I'm just a lot slower than everybody else and if I'll even have a job if I don't meet the new minimums.

Numb and regrouping pretty much describes me right now.

Also depressingly thankful I have no children and dog food is cheap.
I think the industry, rather than draw nat'l. attention - to themselves by firing all US MTs - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
en masse, are instead phasing us out by quietly, continually, cutting our incomes and watching us slowly starve to death.
Why on earth would an industry keep workers - no longer needed to avoid "attention"
[ In Reply To ..]
to itself? Hmmm? Industries lay off huge numbers of people whenever needed. Remember the auto industry? Steel workers? Refrigerator factories? Etc., etc.?

It does seem most companies allow people who are not performing well to starve themselves away, but that tactic is basically confined to people who are not working out. Not MTs in general.
Suit. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Get your head out of the clouds. - Pollyanna...
[ In Reply To ..]
Pay cuts - Queen of Frustration
[ In Reply To ..]
This pay cut is unbelievable. The more proficient we become on ISR, the more we are punished. That will put us down to around 9 or $10 an hour. I have 10 years in with company. Always volunteer for OT when needed.
Does the health system know about it? - mmmom
[ In Reply To ..]
Well said! I was just discussing this same thing the other day. I am sure all of these companies are not charging the client any less. Basically these pay cuts to us (the MTs) are how they are paying for their new, VERY EXPENSIVE, SR software (that we never asked for). And, this software is not making my job any easier...I work on a lot of ESL physicians and the SR software comes up with some good ones! I'm basically doing the same amount of work (or more in some cases) and getting paid about half...very sad to see this happen...Hang in there!
Our "health system" only heard the low-ball - xxx
[ In Reply To ..]
offer WMX gave them and the TAT promises. Rumor has it that the physicians in the health system had no say in WMX coming in. The decision was left to the bean counters who fell for the designing women offering them miracles for nothing.
Maybe it's time for a week-long "sick-out". - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
What's happening isn't just sad, I think it's - actually CRIMINAL. They should
[ In Reply To ..]
be ratted out as a sleazy sweatshop.
Actually criminal? - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
What law? What statute?
Criminal? Are you joking? Under what law is a pay cut criminal? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes, Suit. Criminal. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Not a suit. And, no, a pay cut is not a criminal action. - Look up the definition. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Really. 15 min. won't do it. Their servers go down - all the time for longer than that.
[ In Reply To ..]
A strike has to be long enough that they feel it in their pocketbooks, just like we do every ***ing payday.
:) - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
health system knows - tired
[ In Reply To ..]
The health system knows because they've been cutting costs for years trying to keep themselves in business, whether they're profit or nonprofit. They're being audited, analyzed, and pinched on many fronts, with huge fines being leveled on facilities due to new rules. The easiest place to cut costs in health care has always been in the HIM department, especially medical record clerks and MTs.

Strikes or collective bargaining ideas get tossed around a lot every time a company makes pay structure changes. Not much comes of that talk though because we're not unionized. So what would a strike in the current environment do for me? Nothing except make my paycheck even smaller. I guess I'll dig in and make money while I can and hope that all the recent changes aren't paving the way for even worse things.
This is why - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I am contacting various union representatives to get some guidance as to how we could be organized at a national level because this is not a problem in one state or with one company. I would encourage others to do the same, and also to work on a list of policies that need to change. It can't hurt, and I've put too many years in this field to go down without a fight.

What I wonder also is if the money the companies save from employee paycuts gets passed on as a price cut to the client.
Well stated. It's much more complicated than pay cuts for MTs. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a friend who is in management at a local hospital and another friend who is a physician with privileges there. The hospitals want cheaper and cheaper transcription. That's why in house MT departments are becoming rare.

The easiest way for hospitals to cut costs is by demanding rock bottom rates of transcription (and hospitals also now want increasingly shorter TATs). Much work goes overseas. To compete with offshore transcription, US MTSOs pitch lower bids to get the business. That definitely gets passed on to the MT

Add that to the cost of running a MTSO now (as opposed to even 10 years ago) and you have a recipe ripe for ever lowering MT pay.

Our healthcare system is totally screwed up in the United States and MTs are caught in the crosshairs.

It is foolish to think it's as simple as a company MTSO just being greedy. Most companies are just trying to stay viable in an ever changing industry.
Yup. Yup. If you were an IT manager with budget slashed yet - another year in a row, not enough
[ In Reply To ..]
to continue as before, and the choices of staying with on-shore transcription, moving to off-shore, or possibly moving to front-end dictation and doing away with transcription altogether, what would you do? Keep in mind, going back to last year's MT budget is NOT an option.
can you say pollyanna? - it is that simple
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not just an indictment on the health system - an indictment on our whole society
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder how much a typical manager/administrator makes - at least $100,000? Maybe 50 years ago managers made twice as much as average and considered themselves lucky, now these managers make a lot more than average and it is considered part of the job to cut costs, but in reality they end up cutting actual jobs of people, people who could be their relatives and friends. Everyone strives for the $100,000+ jobs, but is that really such a great ideal now that we find out the only way for them to balance budgets is to keep making people unemployed or unable to earn a living wage? And then being called lazy if you receive UI and can't find a job? I don't know the answer, but it seems so screwed up - nothing the matter with making money, but why has it all of a sudden meant that those making the money at the top have to squeeze the ones at the bottom out, be it with not paying taxes or cutting costs by cutting jobs and pay?

She is a robot and does not care about humans - Have seen that first hand...

[ In Reply To ..]
She is a moron. I wonder how long it is going to take Jay and Sean to wake up to her?

I found the links, finally, just underneath the announcement BUT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They are in .docx format. Gee...thanks WMX for making this easy! I now have to take the time to download Open Office 3. I'm moving from upset and worried to angry very rapidly. Yeah...I see my production being top notch tonight.

Okay, I've looked again, now PDF. Happy reading. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

pay cuts - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for the multiple posts, still digesting all of this (and gagging).

Looks like the minimum production is now also 6500/week, which I have no problem with but someone new learning the system or a newer MT surely would. Yes it is in PDF form, the amounts required to reach the bonus levels are different, and the amount at these levels is different. I used to make the next to the top tier, have a 25:75 mix of straight and ISR, so this will hurt me seriously!

Oh, but I forgot, the "I'm not a suit" says that only loser employees who can't do well and haven't learned ISR are the ones who complain! RIGHT!

Furious - also anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Except the minimum production USED to be 5000/week, which makes this a 30% increase. That's insane and unreal. And completely unreasonable.

Equivlency - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't even begin to say how I feel about all of this, but I've done some number crunching so I figured I would share...
Assuming your pay rate was 8.5 cpl and 5.31 cents per line these are the equivalent lines to make the same $$ (including bonus $).

If you were used to 6501 lines, you now need to type 7250 lines for the same money.

7501 lines at the old pay rate is 8300.
8501 old pay rate means doing 9350 at the new rate.
9501 lines now means doing 10900 to make the same.
If you were crazy and did 11001 lines, the equivalent isn't as cut and dry, 12499 lines is less than that, but 12500 lines hits the next bonus tier and you end up making about $75 more than the 11001.

This is supposed to be effective in May? - Anyone know if they mean

[ In Reply To ..]
The new scale comes into effect in May or we are getting paid using that scale in May (i.e. will they be using it now and paying it in May?). Just wondering if what we are doing now is going to be paid using that or not, as it is kind of a disincentive to work your butt off, right?

change starts - anonymuouse

[ In Reply To ..]
May 2nd starts the next new pay period, and this is when they said it starts. So until this Monday at midnight (starting the new day/pay period) that is when the change occurs.

Thanks for the clarification - I will type away for now but may

[ In Reply To ..]
think twice about doing extra work when they have just made the hill we are pushing that boulder up just that much higher... definitely a disincentive.
I AGREE - angry
[ In Reply To ..]
100%!! I have no reason to try for the bonuses now because they are even harder to reach! DISINCENTIVE IS RIGHT!
When it starts, I'd think twice about working at all. - Might just take a "vacation". n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x

disincentive - webster

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding me? We are all losing this money, every single one of us, but to know that I now have to work with people who arent willing to go above and beyond because they want to pout about it....THAT is a disincentive. I have been doing this for 23 years, and have seen many changes, but good grief people, if you arent happy, PLEASE do the rest of us a favor and move on to someplace where you can be happy. Seriously, this is a huge blow to everyones pocket book, but guess what, your job is not JUST about YOU....it's about the company you work for, the people you work with and first and foremost the people who are sick and relying on these reports. I guess some people are just meant to be complainers....

How about choosing another time to kick people rather than when they're down. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Realize that this news just broke and many are unhappy. Not everyone is in your financial boat and can be so cavalier about things. How about a little sensitivity for your coworkers who have been struggling already and are now wondering what they're going to do?

As for your line about this being for the patient, I've heard that as an excuse not to give raises for nearly 30 years, always implying that how could anyone in the healthcare field be so selfish as to work for MONEY. The hospitals used to pull this line when they were cutting pay. Guess what? I'm not working for a nonprofit. Webmedx is a for profit company.

Here's an idea: Considering you work "first and foremost [for the] people who are sick and relying on these reports," how about you donate your time to work unpaid regularly after May 2 to help those other than yourself. Obviously, others here are much more upset than you are at the moment. As you said, this isn't JUST about YOU. Step up to the plate. Thanks in advance for your generosity.
How about choosing another time to kick people rather than when they're down - webster
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, cavalier? How about I am a single mom with 3 kids and barely scraping by to feed them? Oh and I work 7 days a week to try and do that. I absolutely realize that people are upset and I have plenty of sensitivity. I am not working just for myself. I am a team player for the company that I work for, because I don't want to have to change jobs, and people who decide that they are only going to do the minimum because of change, well that just is a little hard for me understand. Your second paragraph, has nothing to do with anything that I said, you obviously didnt understand....BUT this job....is ALL ABOUT THE PATIENT. When I am tired and don't feel like typing, guess what, there is doctor or patient waiting for a report to help taking care of the patient.

I offer my apologies now if I offended anybody by my first post, I am in the same sinking boat, and I didnt mean to sound like I didnt care. It scares me to think that people won't be giving it their all, which in turn will affect everyones job. Please forgive me.
If they do only the minimum, then they're meeting the requirements. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
So it's more work for you. Doing less than the minimum would be letting the patient down. I would understand your tone if the above poster had said they were going to ignore STATs or something or call in sick, but they didn't say anything worth the judgment that they're hurting patients or aren't team players because they've decided to no longer do extra when they're not getting enough back from the company.

Again, more work for people who want the extra lines. I don't have a problem with that.
SUIT STALKER.... - Rides again
[ In Reply To ..]
... Just a matter of time until Nashville's minions showed up.
It's bad enough the pay is cut. But they come on this - board & gloat about it? PATHETIC LOSERS,
[ In Reply To ..]
- that's what suits are.
"Barely scraping by" on a suit's fat pay? - Well boo-frickin-hoo.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It IS about the patient...which is why we MTs DESERVE RAISES - Bettie_Bgood
[ In Reply To ..]
We do the very best we can - quality wise, quantity wise - and we do it for the patient. In return for a quality work, WE DESERVE:

Cost of living raises;
Productivity bonuses;
shift differentials;
Flexibility raises (learn more accounts, make more money);

We also deserve: Fair pay for speech recognition, which I don't think ANYONE is getting - it's set way too low - we need a graduated pay scale for editing, instead of a flat rate - because the quality of the dictation + software ability to "recognize" it varies.

I agree, it IS all about the patient - so PAY US WELL, WE DESERVE IT!

Yes, the company I work for. Hmmm - would that be the same company

[ In Reply To ..]
who justified this pay cut because they had to invest $10 million in technology? And this technology is really about doing away with us completely in the long run, so we MTS are paying the price to put us out of business? Yeah right. Be altruistic if you like, I am very good and I am in it for the money. The way I pay tribute to the patients is to do the very best I can to produce quality documents. That has absolutely nothing to do with how I am paid and my incentive to do extra work. I am afraid I disagree with you - my job IS about me and no one else. The work I do is where everyone else comes in, and that's why I do the very best I can. That has nothing to do with me doing more work to make less money.
Webmedx Thieves - dumbfounded
[ In Reply To ..]
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer....Did I hear him say they will make 1 million next year? Does that make sense as we are getting yet ANOTHER pay cut???????
Info? - ??
[ In Reply To ..]
The number you've posted wasn't the technology cost. That stated cost was smaller. The $10 mil figure was stated for something else.
Yeah, sorry, I realized that after I forced myself - to listen again
[ In Reply To ..]
The 10 mil was the loss they took. I still think it is deceptive proclaiming the new technology and why it is so good for their business (I am guessing that is the "front end" thing that requires no MTs?) when I think we are in more danger from that than offshoring taking our jobs. I don't know about you, but despite all the complaining I see on here about ISR, I am definitely seeing that machine getting smarter and it scares me. Not enough to become a Luddite, as I believe technology taking over work is not a bad thing per se. I remember the theory when I was young about how leisure time would be much greater in the future due to this. Ha, joke is on us. The increased leisure time is only for those at the top, while the rest of us are scrambling for the few crappy jobs at the bottom just to keep going financially and working every hour we can.

are you for real?? - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow...I have to say I have been doing this as long as well, and we have been getting it socked to us over and over during that time, our pay is LESS than 23 years ago, and we HAVE been giving it our all nonetheless, it is much MORE difficult now with the HIPAA concerns, we HAVE been jumping through multiple hoops and caring about patients, I regularly flag blatant errors by the dictators...it takes time but it matters! And you say we just are MEANT to be complainers? Really??

And, how about the people without homes or power or major damage with these horrible tornadoes? And you are expecting them to just grin and bear it?

I think I smell a suit!

No Need to be Sexist ABout it - Bettie_Bgood

[ In Reply To ..]
Please, we're not "pouting," and we're not "complaining" - buys into stereotype of women as constant complainers, "nags" etc.

We have legitimate grievances - we deserve FAIR PAY FOR QUALITY WORK. We're not getting it - what we're getting is management constantly pushing to see how "low they can go," before we MTs stand up and do something for ourselves.

Seriously, we all will sometime in the future, or have been in the past, ourselves PATIENTS. I want the people (all the people, including the environmental techs in the hospital (formerly called janitors), the cafeteria people, the nurses, the doctors, the lab techs, AND WE MTs, and anyone else I have forgotten to mention) to GET FAIR PAY FOR QUALITY WORK.

It's not FAIR for the money to be going straight up into the pockets of the wealthy running the show - hiring people to figure out how to CUT MORE from our paychecks. That's their job, the whole livelong day: How can we pay these people LESS MONEY?

So give it a rest with the women-as-complainers stereotype. We're workers, we produce quality work and we deserve fair pay!!!!

I'd love a strike right about now - all the THOUSANDS OF US AT HOME WHO ARE SICK AND TIRED OF IT.
strike sounds good! - wittyoma
[ In Reply To ..]
Even if it was only for 1 day, I think they would notice it.
Agreed.. - a day would be good nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Dunno about a day, but a week they would feel. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
X
(OR) - even better, how about this: - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You've heard about "rolling blackouts". Well, what about "rolling sickouts?" Like 1 or 2 days a month, always different, so they can't be planned-for by the suits. Preferably on a day when a high amount of incoming work is expected.

The first thing that would have to be done is for all MTs of the company to find each other, and start communicating. Not an easy task, as this sort of thing is precisely why MTSOs make it so hard for their employees to know each other. ("Them gals might get ideas!")

Communication would have to be done via phone, regular email, text message, etc., and NOT on public forums, and especially not on company websites, email, etc. Once in full, un-spied-upon contact, it would be easier to organize. And you might be able to get people to do unplanned, last-minute "rolling sickouts" easier than you would be able to convince them to go a full week without working or getting paid. Also, using the rolling sickout method, it would be possible to keep it going. Month after month after month, and TAT-be-d@mned!

Anyway, something to think about. Where there's a need, and a will, there's a way.
If nothing else, intentional companywide slowdowns. - or companywide "computer problems". he he
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Darn right! - Here here!
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm right behind you there. At my company, they did away with the shift differential. We're doing more work, working longer hours, for less and less pay, and having more and more taken away from us. Our being at home and tucked away out of sight has worked for them for a very long time, but I have a feeling that is going to change.

It's about time.
You betcha! I dont even work for Webmedx, but if - you strike, I plan to strike with you.
[ In Reply To ..]
And why not? My company pulled that same cr@p that WMX is pulling on you, to us a couple years ago. And you know what? After 2 years of busting my hump to try to make up for the big chop in pay, all I have to show for it is I'm deeper in the hole than ever before! These people are scr*wing us, no matter what we do.

Imagine, if you will, striking for a week. Will it hurt us financially? Of course it will! BUT, the difference is, WE'RE USED TO IT. They, however, are NOT.
What's the plan to head off strikebreakers? Do we - picket at the gates, or what? Oh, and
[ In Reply To ..]
the fund--the one that pays strikers so they can afford to stay away from work. Do your have enough set by to cover the week or so it'd take to replace you?

Blowing off hot air doesn't relieve hot emotions, it just upsets you more. Go make a real plan if you want change.
My plan is to streamline my corrections to pick up - my speed to see what that accomplishes
[ In Reply To ..]
for me. Lots of little things not related to patient care, like no comma between last 2 items, etc. Then I'll see how I'm doing and make further plans as necessary. I won't take an income cut.

My sympathy to newbies in the industry. This is hard, I know. Don't be buffaloed by the changes in the incentive scale, though. I'm doing a lot more SR lately, which means the numbers on my line counts jump big time. I'll have no problem reaching my usual tier and will probably reset my goal for the highest.

The pay cut for the SR line rate is another matter for anyone working on dictation needing a lot of correction--most of us I suspect. Anyone lucking out with mostly better stuff will do okay, but I also suspect that's few of us.
Suit-alert. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh you would not like it if this change took place would you? - Then you could not abuse people and get away with
[ In Reply To ..]
Suit!!

I think you're out-numbered! - wittyoma

[ In Reply To ..]
You're obviously not a single parent or you would feel your co-employees' pain. We all have jobs to MAKE MONEY, not LOSE MONEY!

S.U.I.T. plain n' simple - (and disgusting)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Loyalty? - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's difficult to be loyal to a company that's cut your pay twice in less than a year! This is the time of year when my electric bills triple, and I'm the primary wage-earner in my home. What am I supposed to tell my family? Do you suppose my landlord is going to take a 30% decrease in rent? I've been in this business for 25 years but am looking for a way out. Sucks, too, because I'm a damned good MT and love what I do.
number of pay cuts - I count 4
[ In Reply To ..]
if you count the change in platform and the change in going to learning voice recognition (no such thing as training pay anymore), redoing your thousands of macros, it's 4 pay cuts. Five is probably right around the corner "you have 2 weeks to meet these new production goals."

Anyone else still on native ISR? sm - ticked off webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious -- my primary is one of the few still on native (never went to new version). So I am still paid at the old pay rate (and don't have the "great" technology). I assume this cut is across the board, right?

another ticked off webbie - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so mad I can hardly function! Have been sprucing up my resume, have talked to several working for other companies with plenty of work and comparable pay.

Anyway, to answer your question, no my accounts changed a while ago to M*Modal. There ARE some improvements, but certainly NOT enough to let us make enough more to offset the last pay cut. Now again when the economy stinks and prices are skyrocketing? Really? I would be interested to know if any of the managers are sharing in this cut?

I think they pushed me over the edge this time. - Numb.

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, am so upset I can hardly function. This is too much. What do they want from us? How can they do this again? What is the matter with you, Webmedx?!! You are dealing with human beings here. You are so cold and uncaring with the decisions that you make that profoundly impact our lives! What is the matter with you?!!
Hope they're not looking for 2011 Employer of the Year!! - Just my opinion
[ In Reply To ..]
I think they might be disappointed...
It's so easy to get that anyway. sm - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I called AHDI once and asked, and it's only a matter of jumping through hoops with submitting paperwork. In the end there are just a few companies in the running, and then it's AHDI that decides who gets the title, not the employees of the company. And pushing certification is a big part of getting the award.

They haven't been waving their "Best in KLAS" flag lately. Maybe they figured that'd be pushing it in light of the layoffs, paycuts and more paycuts. I'm still not sure how they managed to swing the Best in KLAS thing the last two years. Seems like they're better at appearances and figuring out how to get awards than they are at actually treating their employees REMARKABLY well.
Yeah, just pay AHDI the money, and they'll - GIVE it to them. Pfft! So "meaningful".
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Sure, it's easy to get anything from AHDI - In the know
[ In Reply To ..]
You just climb into the business bed with them. Worked for MedQuist.
They bought and paid for "Best in KLAS" - Nothing to be proud of...
[ In Reply To ..]
They won't get my vote! - Not a happy camper
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually I didn't vote for them the last time. They screwed us over before; I knew it was only a matter of time before they screwed us over again. The joke's on us. They got us good this time.
Got us good, again, is right! - wittyoma
[ In Reply To ..]
Last time they get me; I'm out of here!
what we may be missing - suspicious
[ In Reply To ..]
I think this company may be going belly up and we are just the first warning wave of this. All that staff up top setting unrealistic, perfectionistic standards for minimum wage workers may have caught up to them, or be about to.
The cut should be coming out of the pay - of the suit
[ In Reply To ..]
who offered service at a ridiculously low rate with ridiculously low TAT. She should be fired, but that won't happen.
another suspicion - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Streamlining management, the new AMs are dong 2 jobs, cutting pay, thus positioning themselves for a buyout? Something to think about.
But dontcha wanna first GET THEM BACK? - It would feel SOOO GOOOOOOD!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Nah! They will just buy it... - Again...nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe every MT should take a day or two off, and - show up in person in their lobby.
[ In Reply To ..]
It would point out to them that enough is enough, and MTs really mean business this time.
striking - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The problem with all of this for me at least, is I am already barely scraping by, I am supporting 5 on this income if you can imagine, and I certainly can't afford to NOT work. I am looking elsewhere...if we all found other jobs, let them deal with that!
But see, the problem is, now you can't afford TO - work for them, either!
[ In Reply To ..]
And it's only going to get worse unless MTs do something about it. Sometimes that means a sacrifice. Still, even if you're chained to your desk, that's no reason why you couldn't at least develop a "headache" every couple days, and go lie down for a while. (With a good book! ha ha!) Or just slow down. Like see how many reports you can type in day with just one finger. Or maybe your big toe.

more number crunching - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay I am trying to evaluate how this will impact me and the actual $ loss I will sustain, and if I should apply elsewhere. I don't know yet, but here is how it works out:

If you go to your summary under time clock, then click on reports, you can download the latest info from your pay period. Included at the top is your straight transcription rate, your native ISR rate, and new ISR rate. So I took my straight transcription rate and multiplied it by the .575, then subtracted this from what I am currently making, and I will be earning 0.0045 less per line for ISR. (On top of the over 1 cent per line cut we took not that long ago!!!). Now, lets say I make the 9500 line tier for bonus (my average)...I will now be earning 0.0075 more per line, and BEFORE I would have made 0.0125 more per line (I think, they have already removed this info from the community page, this is what I remember?) so that means another 0.005 cents per line I will NOT be making, for a grand total of 0.00095 (almost a whole cent!) a line! They try to sneak it in with a little bit here and a little bit there, but this is MAJOR, especially considering that almost all their work is now ISR!! So in my case of 9500 lines/week, that means a pay CUT of $90.25 a week, or 180.50/pay period. The sneaky #@!!%^% do the math for what your pay is and figure it out!

And a whopping 4-day notice. :( - nm. Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Webmedx Production Gestapo - HamsterInAWheel

[ In Reply To ..]
Well in a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one sitting here stewing over the recent changes at Webmedx...lay off people, and then make the ones remaining work more for less $$. Pfffft! Not easy to choke down. But in this sucky economy, they've got us by the short hairs. A job at Home Depot (or wherever) is sounding better and better every day. Ready to hang up my keyboard after 14 years...

Actually..... - A.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you made 9501 lines, you would have been making 0.0150 more per line...Crunch those numbers again...They screwed you worse than you think. I can't believe they are doing this to us! And why only the MT? If the company is "hurting" as a whole, why only the "special" side message to the MTs?

Because MTs are the only uncontained employees (sm) - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
My guess is that management sees MT pay as too high for what MTs do and too unrestricted. I remember my STM said that some MTs were making more than she did.

Think about it. They've cut management staff, and everyone they have on management is salaried. They can work staff to death without paying them a penny more. That's basically what they decided to do when they combined the STM and CSM positions. QA is paid hourly with no incentive for production and no regular raises. That leaves MTs as the only "unknown" factor in the company. My guess is they want to nail down everyone's income to be more predictable and more in line with what they THINK employees should earn. Apparently, some were just earning too much for management to be able to justify the "extravagant" wages. Blech.
Makes sense - A.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I've thought about that. I was wondering once the MTs started reaching those high bonuses and making "too much money" when they would reach their long greedy arms in and take it all away. The Bastards.
Yes, I have heard the envy too... - "I would love to work from home"
[ In Reply To ..]
Can't you see them sitting around plotting to put us in our place? Sadly, every time I have been mad enough to look for another job, I realize the insurance premiums are even more ridiculously expensive for even less coverage elsewhere, that there are many people who work at those places also complaining on these very boards mostly about lack of work which is really the worst thing as an MT, etc. I also know that it takes me personally a good long time to know a specific account well enough to get those good line counts, so that is another way they have you, the dread of a new learning curve. I am going to have a good long look at the first paycheck after this new "structure" kicks in and decide whether or not it is worth trying somewhere new even if I am at a disadvantage for awhile.

c6rrected number crunching thanks! - anon1

[ In Reply To ..]
I guessed conservatively and thought it was more but they had already removed the current bonus rate plan from the community page!

So, to correct my figures, another 0.0025/line less at 9501 lines/week, which means $114 less a pay period, which means $5928 less a year! We are really getting the royal screw! While they are telling us how lucky we are to be working for them, and being told that only "losers who can't make the production complain" Management needs to wake up!! They fired most of the good managers IMO!
Sneaky.... - a.
[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't take them long to snatch that old bonus rate plan from the community page, did it? sneaky bastards.
Let's go on strike!!! - miserable
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow...sounds just like Nuance where I unfortunately work. My pay was cut by at least $100 a week! Like Popye says:
"I have had all I can stand. I can't stands no more!"

Seriously...we ALL need to do something about this!
Barbara Ehrenreich wrote a book about - this kind of crap
[ In Reply To ..]
but in the hospitality sector. I'm going to contact her about how the MT industry is treating its employees.
The MT industry would make for some "veddy - interesting" reading, dontch think?
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe she's ready to write a new book....
I contacted her. Another idea is to use - advocating
[ In Reply To ..]
social networking to get out the word abut what is happening in our industry. In between MT jobs, I made more selling makeup in a department store, with no experience. This is not right.
I never even heard of Barbara E. 'til I read the post - above. She has a great blog, and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
now I want to read ALL of her books!
Treatment of employees/Made in Dagenham - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to see a movie about women in the workplace fighting for their rights, "Made in Dagenham" is really good. It's set in the 60s and is the story of a group of women auto workers in Great Britain who went on strike in demand of the same pay as their male counterparts. They were union members and still didn't get equal treatment. I don't want to give too much of the story away, but I'd recommend it, it's on DVD.
Old Bonus Plan - Lucy
[ In Reply To ..]
Old plan is on Comm Page under Human Resource tab and then click the Employee Manual for Production-Based Employees. It is on page 39. =)
Old Bonus Plan..I was wrong. Sorry. - Lucy
[ In Reply To ..]
It is the new one. I am spinning apparently. I am going to go take an Ambien and try to breathe before I do anymore...Sorry for the confusion all.
I have it... - WMXer
[ In Reply To ..]
I have the old bonus plan saved on my computer if you need it.
another correction to number crunching - anon1
[ In Reply To ..]
I was tired and stressed...the above correction should be as follows:

If you average 9501 per week on all ISR, the pay difference will be $114 a WEEK, not a pay period, and the total loss per year is the same, I was just in a hurry and tired when I wrote this up, total loss per year of $5928.

Now, although straight transcription remains the same line rate as before, if we take the above example and say you typed 9501 ALL straight, you would still be making now 0.0075 less per line with the new bonus plan, (and that is hard to do unless you have a good account and do NOT have your pooling all messed up like it is now), you would make $71.26 less a pay period, so this WILL affect everyone, and they just put it into a little bit here, a little bit there, I think to try to obscure how bad they are sticking it to us!

As an ex-math major, they are not going to slip this by me and I will be sure to broadcast it to all!!
Now, my work's gone heavily to SR just in the past - few weeks, which really changes
[ In Reply To ..]
my numbers. Before, when I was mostly transcribing, by pushing hard I could usually qualify for the second-highest incentive. Now, doing mostly editing I have no problem doing 25,000 per pay period and am trying to get faster. BUT now that I'm doing mostly SR I could have qualified for the top incentive tier (22,000 lines) before just working part time, so I agree that adjusting the incentive number FOR SR is reasonable.

My problem is that I made less per hour before doing SR because the rate was too low for my accounts, and now that rate is cut. That's a true shocker.
isr - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There seems to be a vast difference in the ISR between accounts. I have 1 account that the ISR does a fairly good job on and I can hit 400 lph. My other 3 are horrible, and I struggle to get 250 due to heavy editing (at least 1/3 of the report) and in some cases huge sections where ISR puts in NOTHING, with clearly dictated info. I have complained, given examples, and have been told those are not reasons to submit a ticket, and that ISR will learn and to be patient???? REALLY??? You are very fortunate indeed if you have an account that overall is better, but with heavy ESL dictators that are mangled by ISR that require heavy editing, there is NO way you could type those LPH! No amount of learning their shortcuts will make a difference, and they turn a deaf ear to our complaints.
Exactly. That IS our ISR problem. Not lower rates - specifically, or the atrocious
[ In Reply To ..]
that are allowed through specifically (I'll do whatever they choose to send through SR, regardless of how messy), but the combination of the two. My % to QA is about to go up significantly. I can no longer afford to take pride in working to get those blanks down below the previously regrettable 3.

Yes - especially for those that got hit with 2 - pay cuts this week

[ In Reply To ..]
with the small account that had their rate cut and now this.

2 pay cuts? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow I am sooo sorry. I am reeling from this pay cut! Trying to figure out how in the world I can keep from going bankrupt, all my bills are going up up up, and less pay? I am the only breadwinner here.

webmedx pay changes - willow

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad I left this place. Used to a really nice place to work for, but they could care less about their employees.

Is it enough to make you sign a union card? - Bettie_Bgood

[ In Reply To ..]
There's always a bottom line - and the bottom line is, collective bargaining is not happening at MTSOs (please correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't the whole POINT of an MTSO, is to have a vulnerable pool of workers, which would be very difficult to unionize, because they're all SEPARATED into their own 1-person "workplaces?")

So, the question is, how do you unionize the un-unionizable? How do you get union authorization cards into the hands of all the workers at a particular MTSO - or, of ALL MTSOs nationally?

Would you Webmedx-ers SIGN a union card? It could be for SEIU or other big union - or, it could be for an MT Union that did NOT belong to the established unions. Dues could be $2 a month. We can design our own union - just need the signed cards, and then an election (50% + 1 is all you need) to create a collective bargaining unit.

Strengh in numbers - have we got the numbers?

Similar Messages:

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...

Looking For Info On Webmedx
Nov 30, 2009

Looking for work environment information on Webmedx, along with workload, equipment, pay, etc...anything would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...

Webmedx Overtime
Jan 18, 2010

Just heard Webmedx just paid between $20-40/hr (yes hourly rate!) to service new accounts on an overtime basis.  Can anyone validate this information. ...

Anyone Work For Webmedx?
Jan 19, 2010

I hire Webmedx is hiring.  Anyone out there work for them and can tell me good or bad things about them?  Please email me.  Thx ...

Webmedx...any New Info On Them?
Jan 21, 2010

I had read a lot about this company several months ago that was very bad.  I was just wondering how they are currently and what are their requirements for part-time and is the pay comparable to MQ?  Radiology pay?  Thanks in advance. ...

WebmedX New ISR Engine
Feb 04, 2010

Opinions? Am i the only one unimpressed? I can't believe THIS is what they think is so fabulous that it warrants a pay cut.  ...

Webmedx Bonus
Feb 25, 2010

Can anybody tell me more about their Start and Stay Bonus.  It's $1500. Over what period of time is it stretched out/broken up?   ...

Webmedx Or Softscript
Mar 13, 2010

Who would you rather work for, softscript or webmedx?  I can't hardly find a kind word about softscript.  ...

Webmedx Pay Scale
Mar 19, 2010

Experienced MT looking for new position.  Reading posts seems like Webmedx might be a good choice.  Can anyone give me an idea of earning potential for someone like me with 25+ years experience. Have been working independently for almost 20 years for a private physician who is now retiring and sold the practice to a young computer oriented doctor. Obviously I can see I'll be on my own soon.  Any advice is welcomed! ...

Transcend Or Webmedx
Mar 27, 2010

Which companys is better to work for? ...

Webmedx Claims To Be Mostly VR?
Apr 06, 2010

My hospital employs Wmx for overflow work.  Their contact person claims we are their only account not using voice recognition, and that almost 70% of the VR reports are good to go without editing.  I find this hard to believe, as so many doctors are resistant to VR because it doesn't work well.  I also find their 70% claim questionable as we've had VR for Radiology for 5 years and approximately TWO percent of reports do not need editing and it has been a big waste o ...

WebMedX Questions
Jun 16, 2010

up and wondering about lines.  Is is possible to do 3500 on VR a day or 2000 in regular tx?  Know anything about the new accounts coming on?  ...

Anyone With Info On Webmedx?
Jun 18, 2010

I have a telephone interview with them on Monday and I am trying to get as much info about them as possible.  I looked at their website and all looks great, as well as it "says" that computer equipment is provided.  If anyone has any input, good or bad, please feel free to update me.  Thanks. ...

Webmedx Lines
Aug 17, 2010

So, I am doing the same amount of work, frantically and furiously trying to make up for our pay cut because we have such a GREAT new VR engine, and the lines are coming REALLY hard.  Am I the only one that has noticed this?  Guess maybe I could be a bit paranoid with the upper management that we have inherited from Medquist, and we all know how Medquist cheated their employees with their line scam. Hmmmmm. ...