A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx RIF - Still oozing

Posted: Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become.

Did this JUST happen? - Why would they be hiring new and still laying off?

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anything this company does make sense to ANYBODY anymore?

Did this JUST happen - fedup2

[ In Reply To ..]
It all makes sense, they are in it to make as much as fast as they can. They don't care about their employees...it looks as if easy come easy go again. I am done making excuses for them.

They would to just that IF... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...if they laid off a position that was a special worktype, like rad or clinic that cannot be absorbed by the new account coming on.

Webmedx RIF -- still oozing - fedup2

[ In Reply To ..]
It sure is sad, and disgusting. They want to be #1 at providing their customers the best service, but in doing so they are undermining the MTs by giving them less to do more and not keeping their word. A person is only as good as their word, and theirs is not good anymore. All that is going to be left to do is the nastiest of the ESLs, and the drafts will be so terrible, no one will make anything...Already there. The more an MT reports job numbers, only excuses are made.

Webmedx - sickened

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been job hunting for obvious reasons. I was told by a recruiter at another company that Webmedx has the worst name in the business, even worse than Medquist. Hear that suits? We all know you read this. You have taken a once good company, and with your greed and mismanagement, turned it into an embarrassment in the industry.

Delete - Delete

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Delete - HUH??
[ In Reply To ..]
HUH?

how and when did Webmedx become worse name in industry. - Seems they turned quickly. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Hey Still Oozing. Before you get a whole bunch of folks upset and worried - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you be specific about your time frame. You talking from the LAST RIF or you talking this happened in the last day or so? Don't go getting everyone in a tizzy. We can understand if you were one in the RIF and are still upset. That's a given. You need to let us know a time frame. It would be much appreciated. Thanks. P.S. If you were in the last RIF, sorry and good luck in your new job.

[ In Reply To ..]
The time frame is, as stated, right after their announcement where they said they would hire 100+ MTs. This was on October 25, 2010. Good luck to all MTs.

Actually they didn't state they would hire 100 MTs sm - Put on your Listening Ears?

[ In Reply To ..]
The announcement was that the new accts would have work for 120 MTs, not that they were HIRING for that many. I heard that as "more work for those of us already here."

Maybe you were let go for a different reason? Were you full time and what accts were you on?
Actually, they DID. - Put YOUR listening ears on.
[ In Reply To ..]
Listen again at 01:50. They state that new business will allow them to ADD 128 new full-time MT positions. Doesn't make much since that they are continuing to lay people off in the midst of that, does it?
[ In Reply To ..]
Keeping it civil....They certainly did not allude that they was going to be work only for "those of us already here." In fact, they stated that some in the previous RIF would be welcomed to re-apply when they hired for the new work.

Full time and will not detail accounts here, although, acute and clinic work, but no radiology, to answer your question as well as JoeFriday's and see message.

still oozing - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
omg...I am sooo sorry...I was really trying to hold out hope that things would return to normal and it would be a good company again. Guess you just confirmed the truth. At least we don't have to sit on the fence now wondering which way to go.

To STILL OOZING. please see message - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Were you working on a specific worktype, like radiology? If so, that might explain why your position might not be able to be absorbed by the new account coming on.

Please let us know. Thanks.

RIF/hiring? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean those who were laid off are still laid off while they are hiring 100 plus? Or are you saying they laid off more AFTER the big speech on the community page?

I read it as being laid - off after

[ In Reply To ..]
She said right after the the announcement of 100+ employees and new accounts, which was recent here.

I was asking the OP if she was referring to a "NEW" RIF or the old "RIF" and not - they would call the prior RIF folks FIRST but SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not 100% sure of that rehiring of the RIF folks before seeking new applicants. I just wanted a time line about the RIF she was speaking about. The last and only one I have heard about or a totally new RIF, say that happened today or yesterday or what.

There has been at least 1 recent RIF... - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
There has been at least 1 person laid off after the announcement on the community page in which we were "reassured" and told that they would be hiring 128 new MTs. This happened last Friday, 10/29/2010. Very recent. I so cannot stand this company anymore and desperately looking for a way out. It seems all I can find are 2nd or 3rd shift jobs right now though.

What Is RIF? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

RIF - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Reduction in force. Another term for laid off.

The term layoff suggests temporary. Our contract uses the term - "termination at will." RIF is

[ In Reply To ..]
termination of employees because there are too many (at least, that's the reason listed). Terminated as in no longer employed. No duty to rehire.

I personally don't care for "terminated" and suggest a nice short term like "canned" to replace the misleading term "laid off" since that one lead to some very mistaken assumptions last time.

How about specifics? Were you a CLINIC or Rad MT, by any chance? sm - JoeFriday

[ In Reply To ..]
The new positions are going to be hospital / acute care. If you can't or won't do that work, you could be laid off because they won't have work to offer you.

That was my thought too. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

oozing did answer - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
This was answered above. She does acute care and clinic, no radiology.

http://forum.mtstars.com/280282.html

Character - webbed

[ In Reply To ..]
character core -- note humble...ALWAYS balance?

Character Core Six H's
Happy - we believe positive attitude fosters positive results.
Healthy - we believe in life balance.
Heart - we are passionate in our pursuit of our vision and the execution of our mission.
Honest - we make decisions based upon reality and take action with integrity.
Hard-working - we are responsible to our customers, our stakeholders and to each other.
Humble - team and purpose before me - always.

Were you on a very specific worktype, like radiology? - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, that could be why your position could not be absorbed by the new work coming on.

Please let us know.

Thank you.

My thoughts on the Webmedx RIF - as an outsider looking in

[ In Reply To ..]
It looks to me like the Webmedx RIF is still ongoing...while at the same time they're announcing that they'll be hiring 100+ new MTs for an upcoming new account.

So, why would they continue with their RIF? Could it possibly be to get at least a few of their longer-time higher paid MTs off their books? If one of the RIF MTs does reapply, I wonder if they will be rehired in at the same line rate which they left at?

And with the fluctuating workload being reported on on Webmedx lately, it sounds eerily similiar to what happened at MDI-MD before they were bought out by Transcend. So I almost wonder if Wedmedx is trying to "sweeten the pot" (by getting some of their potentially higher paid MTs off the books) before a potential buyout.

My thoughts on the webmedx RIF- outsider looking in - fedup2

[ In Reply To ..]
There is also: http://emrdailynews.com/2010/07/09/webmedx-recognizes-first-customer-hospitals-in-nation-to-implement-integrated-front-end-speech-recognition-in-acute-care-settings/

Front end speech still doesn't explain it - outsider looking in

[ In Reply To ..]
I've seen where Webmedx is implementing their front-end speech program, but that still leaves me with a lot of questions. Because Webmedx also announced that they (because of new accounts) were going to be creating and hiring for an additional 100+ full-time MT positions. And they certainly don't need to hire full-time MTs with their front-end speech system.

So that still leaves the question: Why do they have an ongoing RIF and are letting some of their MTs go...while, on the other hand, they have said they are planning to hire MTs for an additional 100+ MT positions?

The whole thing just doesn't make sense. Unless, like I said, they are working on getting some of their long-time MTs with the higher pay off their books. I'd say its either for their own bottom line (profits) and/or to make their company and their books more attractive for a potential buyout/merger.
Assumption that high-end MTs are targeted is without basis. - It could be the case, or part of the reason, but
[ In Reply To ..]
there are just way too many other reasons that could be in play.
Never said that targeting high-end MTs is the reason - its just a suspicion
[ In Reply To ..]
Of course you are correct that there may be many reasons. Targeting the high-end MTs is only a gut suspicion that I have after reading about the Webmedx situation from the MTs here and looking back at the MDI-MD/Transcend fiasco.

I'm just suspicious that a buyout or merger is in their future. It just seems to have all of the classic signs and having an over abundance of high earning MTs would definitely affect the final buyout price that's agreed upon.

First RIF - nolongerwm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was part of the first RIF and if it is still going on I feel so sorry for those involved. There is really no sense in trying to figure out why anyone was let go, I had good quality, high production, flexed when asked, never used their health insurance but I did have a high line rate. Not only do you lose your income but you lose your health and life insurance because on UE you certainly cannot afford 500+ a month to do the Cobra. I am employed now by another company but still cannot afford the cobra so will be without insurance until February. I hold no grudges with WM except the way it was handled but I am past that so please do not flame me and tell me to get over it - I am over it, I just feel sorry for anyone involved in anything going on now. I do know that I spoke with no less than 10 companies before deciding hwich position to accept and almost all of them asked me what was going on at WM because the recruiters had so many applicants from WM. I would never reapply to WM because I would be in constant fear of getting another e-mail telling me I was finished. I wish you all luck and hopefully they are finished laying people off. I heard they recently laid off someone very high up in management also so it is not just the MTs.

Thanks, NoLongerWM. Stories like yours do add - Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
to the mystery. Something as simple as working a well-staffed shift and not chatting up your STM enough to make yourself as "real" to him or her as others? Falling into a certain age group? But most of us do that, and lots can't say they haven't used their insurance a bunch.

I hope you like your new position a lot and that you've had your allotment of nasty-surprise e-mails for this decade.

management layoffs - great news

[ In Reply To ..]
that's the best news I have heard on this board yet about this dismal company.

TO STILL OOZING. Were you part time? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

full time...see copied message - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
This is what she posted above, I copied:
"Full time and will not detail accounts here, although, acute and clinic work, but no radiology, to answer your question as well as JoeFriday's and see message."

I was really hoping for the best, now I am afraid of the worst...they are lying and stringing us along until the buyout. I HOPE I am wrong...I really did USED to like working for them.

A buyout would be reassuring. My usual work isn't being - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
dictated, suspect went entirely to front end. Question: Just how many accounts are taking this same sort of hit at roughly the same time? No wonder they said they were trying to assess manpower versus work load. I thought it just meant to tighten up and get the two more in line.
front end - questioning this
[ In Reply To ..]
if front end is physicians editing their own dictation as they dictate, I doubt this. My long experience tells me you have to push physicians to even sign their reports, much less read them, which most don't, so why would they take on that extra work? The work has definitely gone somewhere. Are we being too trusting not to question it went overseas?
off shoring? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been wondering that as well. I work swing shift and I have been looking at the account backlog page hourly to see which accounts have work, etc. It seems to rotate around and what really had me suspicious was that an account with almost 1000 minutes of dictation at 10 p.m. had 200 minutes at midnight. It is a large account, pretty well staffed from what I understand, but this seems very suspicious to me, that it is being sent SOMEWHERE. Total conjecture at this point of course, but this scenario has happened several times. I have become paranoid and have been looking at who typed reports when I am looking up old reports, and have noticed a few new names (at least new to me?) but not so many that it would be obvious that they were sending the work elsewhere. Anyone else notice anything suspicious, or has WMX made me a total paranoid schizo? LOL
off shoring - paranoid also
[ In Reply To ..]
I see more than a few new names on my account, which has been very low on work for several months now. I don't ask about it because I no longer expect an honest answer about anything.

Similar Messages:

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...

Looking For Info On Webmedx
Nov 30, 2009

Looking for work environment information on Webmedx, along with workload, equipment, pay, etc...anything would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...

Webmedx Overtime
Jan 18, 2010

Just heard Webmedx just paid between $20-40/hr (yes hourly rate!) to service new accounts on an overtime basis.  Can anyone validate this information. ...

Anyone Work For Webmedx?
Jan 19, 2010

I hire Webmedx is hiring.  Anyone out there work for them and can tell me good or bad things about them?  Please email me.  Thx ...

Webmedx...any New Info On Them?
Jan 21, 2010

I had read a lot about this company several months ago that was very bad.  I was just wondering how they are currently and what are their requirements for part-time and is the pay comparable to MQ?  Radiology pay?  Thanks in advance. ...

WebmedX New ISR Engine
Feb 04, 2010

Opinions? Am i the only one unimpressed? I can't believe THIS is what they think is so fabulous that it warrants a pay cut.  ...

Webmedx Bonus
Feb 25, 2010

Can anybody tell me more about their Start and Stay Bonus.  It's $1500. Over what period of time is it stretched out/broken up?   ...

Webmedx Or Softscript
Mar 13, 2010

Who would you rather work for, softscript or webmedx?  I can't hardly find a kind word about softscript.  ...

Webmedx Pay Scale
Mar 19, 2010

Experienced MT looking for new position.  Reading posts seems like Webmedx might be a good choice.  Can anyone give me an idea of earning potential for someone like me with 25+ years experience. Have been working independently for almost 20 years for a private physician who is now retiring and sold the practice to a young computer oriented doctor. Obviously I can see I'll be on my own soon.  Any advice is welcomed! ...

Transcend Or Webmedx
Mar 27, 2010

Which companys is better to work for? ...

Webmedx Claims To Be Mostly VR?
Apr 06, 2010

My hospital employs Wmx for overflow work.  Their contact person claims we are their only account not using voice recognition, and that almost 70% of the VR reports are good to go without editing.  I find this hard to believe, as so many doctors are resistant to VR because it doesn't work well.  I also find their 70% claim questionable as we've had VR for Radiology for 5 years and approximately TWO percent of reports do not need editing and it has been a big waste o ...

WebMedX Questions
Jun 16, 2010

up and wondering about lines.  Is is possible to do 3500 on VR a day or 2000 in regular tx?  Know anything about the new accounts coming on?  ...

Anyone With Info On Webmedx?
Jun 18, 2010

I have a telephone interview with them on Monday and I am trying to get as much info about them as possible.  I looked at their website and all looks great, as well as it "says" that computer equipment is provided.  If anyone has any input, good or bad, please feel free to update me.  Thanks. ...

Webmedx Lines
Aug 17, 2010

So, I am doing the same amount of work, frantically and furiously trying to make up for our pay cut because we have such a GREAT new VR engine, and the lines are coming REALLY hard.  Am I the only one that has noticed this?  Guess maybe I could be a bit paranoid with the upper management that we have inherited from Medquist, and we all know how Medquist cheated their employees with their line scam. Hmmmmm. ...