A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I was taught and practice communication is key - OTI and other companies should learn this

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

Today is March 11 - that's 11 days since those of us who USE to work on a large account for OTI went POOF.  There has been little to NO communication since then.  Since March 4, I have applied for so many job postings, MT - nonMT - employee - IC it really doesn't matter I just need to make $$ and support my family!  It is very frustrating that you don't even get a canned answer "sorry, the positions are filled"  or "sorry you don't meet our specifications".  I would love to see just 1 e-mail in my box "can you test?" 

For what it is worth, Synernet is hiring 2nd and 3rd shifts, employee status. sm - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not real happy with them right now, but it is a paycheck.

Not sure if it helps - HappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
But I had applied to Acusis MONTHS ago and just got an email asking if I was still interested as they were hiring immediately. I don't know anything about the company, but maybe it's a lead you can follow up one. Wish you the best!

Well, there was communication ... the usual hammer over the head by A. nm - Another OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I think only getting 200 lines in a pay period goes way farther than "volumes are a little low" or whatever.

Original poster and I'll agree - with you 100% on that

[ In Reply To ..]
A little low, I'll be lucky to make $100 this pay period. Hmmm, food, mortgage, car payment, electric bill -- oh well I'm sure they will all understand "work is a little low". Communication is KEY - with your mortgage company, car financer, everyone, especially your employees! Tell me what to do and I'll do it, don't leave me with the sounds of silence.

What do you think of today's letter? I guess I'm out of a job. nm - Holding pattern too long

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

Which account? - Another OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you referring to the T account? If so, it is not gone. Only the ER and possibly SOME of the internal medicine reports. They've gone to point and click and the hospital is unsure how well this will go over or how much work they will send OTI of THOSE work types only. Otherwise, that same account IS still slow, but it is picking up. There are other work types that, once the T account picks up, will be plentiful. I did have a full day on it last week without going to other accounts. OPs, PNs, consults - all work types are still there, but ER/some internal med are low. Wanted to be sure this was clear, as the original post made it sound like OTI lost this entire account (that is, if OP is referring to the T account) - they did NOT lose the T account at all nor is there any implication that they will.

Similar Messages:

Ok, Someone Tell Me Who Taught MModals ASR
Feb 17, 2012

make aphasia... a phase via? What on earth???? ...

What MT Stars Taught Me
Feb 13, 2014

Everything bad that has happened in someone's life is either directly or indirectly related to MT.  Everyone at the MTSO except the MT is stupid or ignorant.  Anyone who dresses up to go to the office or wears a "suit" to work is the enemy, not to be trusted and is out to screw the MT over.  Most QA and QC staff want to make the MT look bad and therefore create bogus errors so that they will never pass their audits.  We all know that MTs never make mistakes.  I ...

Anyone Heard Of Tender And S/l Taught?
Nov 04, 2009

TIA ...

Well..Ive Taught My Cat To Dance On My Keyboard...and My Dog
Dec 01, 2010

x ...

She Also Has A Very Short Completely S/L *taught Lingual Ferineal Imperiod*. Anyone Know What This M
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

Bad Communication
Dec 03, 2009

May not be the right forum but here goes - Have any of the MT's out there in MT land ever had this experience  - You have a question about a particular doctor, report, etc. and IM or Email someone, trainer, QA, boss, whatever and get absolutely no response and you are sitting waiting for the answer so you can move on or get help or be told what to do next and you wait, and wait, and wait and nothing for an hour.  How ridiculous.  How do you deal with this?  And managemen ...

No Communication
Dec 20, 2012

Why is that MT's are no longer able to communicate?  The past two companies I have worked for, you do not know who works on your account, and you have no contact with anyone other than QA.  Just asking. ...

Communication Between MLS's
Jul 03, 2014

As an MLS, sometimes I just want to know that another MLS is out there, other than my TSM.  Are we allowed to communicate with other MLS's?  If you uses Spark, you have to have their address.  I really would like to communicate with others on my team but don't know how to do it. ...

Communication From Companies
Nov 17, 2010

I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.  Over the past several weeks, I have applied to several companies for a part-time home-based MT position but have gotten no communication whatsoever from any of them.  It would really be nice if they sent a short email message to all applicants stating that they received the resume and cover letter and am in the process of reviewing them.  Some of these companies sound like they really need an MT immediately so you apply ...

Keystrokes Communication
Jan 28, 2011

First, let me say this is not an attempt to bash the company--I am just wondering if it  is just me or if others' emails are ever returned and/or acknowleged This seems to be throughout the whole company, team leads, payroll, policies about MModal etc. Is this just me? ...

LM - Communication Breakdown?
Mar 01, 2012

Anyone else who works for LM in PA have problems with lack of communication between yourself and QA/supervisors?  So frustrating! ...

North TCM Or Whatever No Communication All Day
Nov 05, 2012

Anybody notice this.  Was she the one let go?  I had an email from her yesterday, not a word all day.  Very strange, she usually sent at least 2 updates a day. ...

New-Hire Communication
Jan 11, 2015

I just started with Nuance this past week.  During the hiring process, I had good communication with the recruiter.  During training, there was good communication with the person in charge of my training.  However, since my first day on the job, I have only heard from my TSM once, and that was a bulk e-mail to lots of people.   Is this typical?  I've been reviewing my QA in Fiesa and making notes, but should I be expecting any other kind of feedback or communication ...

Low Work And Lack Of Communication From Above
May 13, 2011

As an MT who has recently had a pay cut (or "new pay structure") and has consequently upped my game in terms of trying to get more lph, now I find there just seems to be not enough work to even get the 8 hours a day in. As per usual, when this happens I check on here and many other MTs have the same situation, are even more bitter when they see their company is hiring, etc. I am just wondering why we never seem to be offered any explanation from the higherups, or even a guess as to why this is. ...

Screw Improved Communication
Apr 17, 2013

DTS Oklahoma - Communication Is Nonexistent
Apr 28, 2013

This company has some major problems right now, and clearly has all along by the looks of the posts here.  Communication is nonexistent, management is a joke..hostile even.  I'd run, not walk, from ever applying here.  Seriously.  Pay is a joke, and they do not give out raises OR time off w/o a battle.  Even if you were desparate enough to apply, you probably wouldn't hear back from them anyways - cuz that's how they roll.  Save yourself a lot of hassle. ...

Lack Of Important Communication
Oct 22, 2013

There really needs to be a change in the level of meaningful communication.  A couple of weeks ago all of a sudden, there were no status updates.  It went from 2 a day even on the weekends to nothing for a week.  When I finally got one, the supervisor explained they were trying to determine how the work flowed without the status updates.  If I was a supervisor, that would scare me because it sounds like they are looking at ways of having less management personnel.  But, ...

System Or Communication Error.
Nov 17, 2014

Anyone else getting this error when trying to call up ADT?  Not too mention upload and download is very slow. ...

Webmedx Attempting To Stifle Communication?
May 02, 2011

Some employees received an email reminder that the employee handbook holds changes that everyone needs to look at regarding email and internet use. On reviewing the handbook, they've specifically mentioned social networking and MTStars. I see some of this as necessary for HIPAA caution, but the rest (such as specifically mentioning this site and others) as well as the timing indicate to me that this is more of an attempt to intimidate employees from communicating with each other. QA was ap ...

I Want More Practice
Oct 17, 2009

I am loving the company I am working for.   I am new to the field, and they have helped me so much to develop my skills.  BUT I am currently only transcribing one specialty(rehab).  I would like to get some practice in acute care, surgical reports, etc.  I've seen several practice CDs on the net and ebay, and just wondered if any of them are worth it.  I have zero experience in other specialties except for the little bit I did during training, and I just want t ...

ESL Practice
Jan 28, 2010

Hi, I'm taking Allied's course and there is no section on ESL dictations. Where can I get samples to transcribe? Or at least listen to? Thanks. ...

Moving Practice To EMR.
Dec 22, 2009

I received a call today from a doctor that I know.  His practice is switching over to EMR, and he wants someone to coordinate that transition.  New patients are easily entered into the system, but he has a temporary need to get the old records into the EMR system.  His office staff is too busy to add this big job to their workload, and I think he correctly determined that he needs someone who can read the old office records, understand them, and then extract the info that needs to ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

Common Practice
Jan 11, 2012

Is is common practice if you are placed on hold to pay them back 3/4 of your pay?? Is everything out there like this? ...

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Would This Be A Good Practice Book For Me - Sm
May 21, 2011

Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2011 Edition [Paperback] I want some more practice for the course i am taking.  would this be a good practice book?  What I really want is a practice-type of workbook or questions that would be like the cPC exam - multiple choice-type.  can anyone point me in the right direction? ...

New MT Needs Practice Test For All Specialties
Nov 08, 2011

I am planning to take an MT test at the libary.  Never done it online before, or MT.  Anyone want to help me know things I need up front, like what are good sources for using during test and just transcription?  I don't even know what questions to ask.  I've done MT before quite a bit but on analogue machine.  I have medical terminology in chiropractic, mental health, neurology, and on a trial basis (the hospital).  Should I order an overall practice book ...

Phoenix Practice Solutions
Jan 30, 2013

Stay away from Phoenix Practice Solutions for their pretend call-ins for a pretend appointment setter service. Also, you will get stuck with paying for a phone.  They make you role play, can you believe this - HOW LOW WILL THEY GO!   ...

Need A Contract Between MTSO And Practice
Feb 13, 2013

Could somebody help me out with a sample/template for a contract between an mtso and a medical practice?  thanks in advance! ...

Ok, Which One Of You Taught ASR To Put "trauma Doll"
Jul 28, 2012

OMG... it just keeps getting worse. ...