A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Couple of Transcend questions - Curious

Posted: Sep 08, 2011

Everyone on here makes this sound like a wonderful place to work (please, I am not tryinng to start arguments, just want honest info), so here goes...Are there ever pay increases and do you consistently have work available?  Thinking about leaving my current company but need a little input.  Thank you to any responders.

ans's - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Those questions may be yes for one person and no for another, depending on variables. My answer is no and yes. Just ask plenty of questions during your interview and go with that.

Everything depends on the region you are in. - NM iffy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Adding to previous post. Unfortunately, unless - you know someone SM

[ In Reply To ..]
who works there or someone here is willing to tell you about the good and bad regions (doubtful) you would have no idea until you were hired.

I never expect a raise and yes I run out of work - hmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't expect a raise anywhere though. The benefits are better than the company I was with which was bought by Transcend.

Transcend - TranscendMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It does depend what region you are put in. Some are good, some are bad. Lots of new accounts coming on. I am in a fairly new region (Brann). I have an awesome TL (team leader) named Kim. She is great to the MLS and goes out of her way to help the team. I absolutely love her, and so does everyone else from what I hear. The only bad thing about her is that she is a fan of the Packers.

Transcend - wiseoldwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
Well then I hope it's Kim's team I'm assigned to when I start in 2 weeks -- cuz I happen to be Packer fan myself!!!

More questions - raydonia

[ In Reply To ..]
How about the platform, or is there more than one? Fast, slow? Can you look at archives? Coming from ChartNet, what can I expect?

Similar Messages:

The Previous Couple Of Transcend Mergers That I Have Read About On Here... Sm
Nov 23, 2009

Have had me feeling as if some of us who have been at Transcend longer were not offered what they have been offering recently, maybe that is why I have seen so many people leave.  It was 8 cents per line for transcribing and 4 cents for VR.  When you cannot make your 900 dollars every two weeks you are then moved to part time, bennies are taken away and you do not get PTO.  I was feeling pretty devalued, but then I thought maybe later on they may tell the new people some excu ...

Transcend Benefits A Couple Of Quick Question/s
Nov 24, 2009

Could someone who has Transcend benefits tell me- are routine physicals covered yearly? mammograms and well care? what is the per office visit copay? What about RX coverage, what is copay for brand/generic? What is the yearly deductable--what do you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance covers most of it? I thought I had heard it was $3000 deductable.  If so, is the benefit actually worthwhile to you? Aside from catastrophic.  I remember having $500 deductables but ...

Help With A Couple Of Words PLEASE!!!
Oct 24, 2009

Has anyone heard of the words subcyclic position or sufflolaterally ...

Help With A Couple Words...
Nov 05, 2009

The patient underwent a ("LALEASE") of the left knee. Postoperative day 1, the patient went without complaints. The patient suddenly became confused, agitated and delusional. Psychology was consulted and the patient. Lortab, Lorafen, and Phenergan were e.c. S/L lalease, also I am not sure if I have the post-op part right.  Thanks for any help! ...

Ok. I Have A Couple Questions. What Is An MME? What Is
Nov 11, 2009

Also, does PT qualify for incentives, shift differential and weekend differential.  Thanks in advance! ...

I Have A Couple Of Dilemmas That I Am Not Sure
Dec 13, 2011

what to do about.  I am on unemployment right now honestly making more than when I was working.  It is not much, but it is steady.  I have an offer for an interview with an MT company, but after all the other companies I have been with, I am about positive it will be the same as always (very little work, very low and unsteady pay...we all know the story).  Should I even interview or stay with UI, which is steady and honestly better pay.  Also, I have a friend wanting to ...

Couple Of Questions :)
Aug 15, 2012

Hi all - Have a couple of questions want to run by you..... 1)  Do you have contracts signed by the clients? 2)  What is the average difference for a STAT rate? How much more than the regular rate? I know there is another one, but can't remember it right now - will come back on later when my brain starts to work again lol.   Thanks,   Cathy CTWP ...

From A Couple Of Posters Below. WE NEED AN
Jul 31, 2013

After all, MModal has a Facebook page.  We need to start an anti-MModal Facebook Page.  We could write stories of what is happening to us with this company and how we are treated and send in pictures of us working ourselves to death, etc.  Even spouses could get involve and family members how we are to work during holidays, but then there is no work, yet we are to get our hours in.  We write on MTstars, why not have one for Facebook????? ...

Couple Of Bloopers
Aug 16, 2013

Hazel is still very hairy.  NO CODE. Warm soaks with Dr. Harris as needed.   ...

Updated - Couple Questions...
Feb 08, 2012

I am doing some research and have a couple questions: How much would YOU charge clients if you are using a speech recognition platform for editing their dictation? Also, what would YOU pay your ICs for editing the work? Thank you in advance... :) **I have edited this post to add the following** Lets try this scenario thenâ€Â¦ Say you are an MTSO that has been in business for many, many years and are fairly well established in your local area. Your docs current ...

A Couple Of Questions About M*Modal
Aug 27, 2012

Do they hire for part time positions?  Is it all VR work? ...

I Have An Idea And Need A Couple Of Experienced
Oct 17, 2012

I would like to open a dialogue with 2 or 3 individuals with a minimum of 15 years experience in the field of medical transcription.  There is an alternative to explore in terms of taking back our profession and our livelihoods, and I need a couple of people knowledgeable in our field to brainstorm an idea with me.  No naysayers, please.  I want to talk to people who have not already given up on MT and are willing to think outside the box with me to seriously consider the feasibil ...

No Work For A Couple Weeks Now, What's Going On?
Oct 25, 2012

I am assigned to 4 accounts, 1 new about 2 months ago and the other 2 a few weeks ago.  At first there was tons of work, OT every weekend and now...nothing.  There is no work ALL DAY LONG.  I am scheduled early morning and I have checked all day, every day and there is no work.  I was moved off an account where I always got my lines in even if I had to flex a bit, but these new accounts have NO WORK ALL DAY.  This is unbelievable and scary.  Is this happening acro ...

A Couple More Questions For Nuance MTs . . .
Jan 26, 2013

Sorry to keep bugging you guys, but I figured you all would level with me.  Does Nuance provide you with a computer, or do you have to use your own?  Are your paychecks on time? I guess the biggest question is do you normally have a steady flow of work?  Right now it's so bad where I'm at that I sign on around 8 a.m. and sit here well into the evening trying to get in 6 hours a day.  I realize you run out of work from time to time, that's normal; but it's ...

Well, I Applied With Them A Couple Months Ago
Oct 10, 2013

I'm stuck at mmodal after 2 buyouts and a job there is precarious at best.  This board is just as depressing and bad as theirs.  Instead of all the run away and don't go there stuff, what is the insurance, and what is that quarterly bonus thing about?   My friend I worked with from DSG before they got bought out my mmodal went to Nuance on an escription account and actually likes her job, plenty of work, good super.   I suppose it's all in the roll of the dic ...

A Couple Word Helps
Dec 13, 2013

So here is the text I need help with. An IV is started, she’s monitored carefully, placed in the standard (s/l) left-lateralization*, monitored carefully, and receives excellent (s/l) considation* totaling 100 mcg of Sublimaze, 10 mg of Versed, 75 mg Demerol.   The "considation" one could also sound like "confidation" or "constidation" ...

I Quit MM A Couple Of Months Ago, Anything Gotten Any Better?
May 14, 2014

Just wondered if anything has gotten better for MT's. ...

Is It Just Those Of Us On Enterprise Who Are OOW For At Least The Last Couple Weeks? Sm
Feb 21, 2015

I see a lot of goose eggs.. 0 0 0...in the backlog.  Starting to wonder if Enterprise is being phased out for another platform or are folks on other platforms OOW intermittently on a daily basis, as well.  ...

I Got A Letter From MModal A Couple Of Weeks.
Feb 21, 2013

ago and it stated I got a raise in my hourly wage (used for time off).  Shocked but pleased, very much so.  I am not going to ask anyone about it because I won't look this gift horse in the mouth!!!  And, I get a reasonable hourly rate for transcribing.  I don't have any speech rec jobs, ever.  The postings I see here are so different from my experience and yes, I am very happy about my situation.  I feel badly for others on here that are getting nothing!& ...

Couple Thousand Jobs In My Region, But...
Mar 29, 2013

apparently all of "my" docs have started Easter early. NJA/OOW/nada/zilch/zip/zero jobs for me! Funny considering most of the docs on my accts are from other countries and probably not Christian anyway! ...

A Couple Of Questions For The MM Coding Trainees
Apr 01, 2014

(1)  Do you only fail if you fail a final at the end of the course, or are there tests throughout the course you have to pass to continue on? I assume if you do not pass a test to pass on, they cannot charge you for the course. (2)  Did they ever tell you how much that would be?  After all, it is not a credentialed for-profit coding school, they are probably using their already in-house employees as instructors, and they aren't providing any high dollar book material.  ...

Worked For Superior Global For A Couple Of Months
Jan 21, 2010

I worked for Superior Global for a couple of months, but the account I was hired for never got going and I was not happy there so I resigned and hired on with another company.  In looking for additional work, I was just hired yesterday by a company who then said they could not hire me because they partner with Superior Global and they will not issue me an ID.  Has anyone encountered this and is there someone I can talk to about it.  Thank you. ...

Update On Reactivating Application (from A Couple Of Days Ago)
Jun 23, 2010

Just an update for the posters I was speaking with the other night about reactivating my application at MQ and going part-time... Apparently once you're hired and have accepted a position, you do remain in the system and all it takes is reactivation to put you back into the process.  The rep I spoke with was very nice and emailed the appropriate department to contact me tomorrow to get everything reactivated and continue processing me as a new hire.  I'm not sure if testing ...

I Decided To Change My Tact A Couple Of Years Ago.
Aug 26, 2010

I began to realize that my victim mindset was the reason I was being treated so badly professionally and socially. Even when I had a good job and good friends, I ended up sabotaging them.  After wising up a little bit in the School of Hard Knocks, I decided to try something different. I was going to work on my relationships both professionally and personally to see if I could get better results and resist the opportunity to strike back, quit my job, tell people off, and otherwise behave li ...

Has Anyone Applied To The Gulf Coast Ad From A Couple Of Weeks Ago? Sm
Dec 04, 2012

How is the platform?  What is the pay range?  How flexible are the hours?  TIA ...

Did Keystrokes Change Hands In The Last Couple Of Years?
Mar 20, 2013

Did Keystrokes change hands in the last couple of years? Or are they run by the same people? ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

Did My XP To Windows 7 Upgrade Yesterday = Couple Surprises
Aug 20, 2014

First, I had assumed that a Microsoft Word/Office Starter would be included -- it's not. I'd never done an upgrade before (late adopter/new machines) so that was an unwelcome surprise. I found Notepad and Wordpad under asscessories (and StickyNotes) but initially thought I had no word procesising at all. The Windows 7 OEM Home Edition came with IE8 (with Bing and other trash annoyances) but did not come with Hotmail/Outlook which had to be downloaded. Along with Opera which I use on ...

Scan Your ADP Statements Ladies. I Am Shorted A Couple Hundred.
Mar 25, 2010

I have a call in with a ticket open.  Grrr.  This statement shows a base rate as well as an MT rate. What is that all about?  I am paid per report with radiology and they show the number of jobs transcribed at the base rate instead of the MT rate, which is considerable lower!  WTF. ...

Can A Twin Gestation Have Different Birth Dates A Couple Weeks Apart
Feb 19, 2011

Both twins are the same gestational age in weeks and days, but on one twin he gives the EDD of 15 days later than the other twin.  Is that possible or do you think he made a mistake in EDD dates? ...