A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can a twin gestation have different birth dates a couple weeks apart - from each other?

Posted: Feb 19, 2011

Both twins are the same gestational age in weeks and days, but on one twin he gives the EDD of 15 days later than the other twin.  Is that possible or do you think he made a mistake in EDD dates?

Possible but extremely rare - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have read studies that women can get pregnant with twins with different fathers from multiple sexual partners, so it is possible to have different times of conception, although they will probably be born at the same time and I do not think a two week period is unreasonable for this to happen.

Does not have to be different fathers for this to - happen. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Twin gestation - Pat46

[ In Reply To ..]
It is rare but I have a friend and her daughter was having twins. I dont' remember all the details but the first one was born early and stayed in the hospital for quite sometime. She delivered the other one later, if I remember right 2 months later. As they grew up they looked alike.

Similar Messages:

Monodye Twin Gestation?
Oct 27, 2009

No clue!  Thanks for any help! ...

Didi Twin Gestation?
Dec 09, 2009

the patient was admitted with "didi" twin gestion and delivered two live born females.  I am totally lost and appreciate any help! ...

Positivie FFM (pt With Twin Gestation)
Jan 31, 2011

I have looked under acronyms and cannot find anything. Thanks in advance. ...

No Work For A Couple Weeks Now, What's Going On?
Oct 25, 2012

I am assigned to 4 accounts, 1 new about 2 months ago and the other 2 a few weeks ago.  At first there was tons of work, OT every weekend and now...nothing.  There is no work ALL DAY LONG.  I am scheduled early morning and I have checked all day, every day and there is no work.  I was moved off an account where I always got my lines in even if I had to flex a bit, but these new accounts have NO WORK ALL DAY.  This is unbelievable and scary.  Is this happening acro ...

Is It Just Those Of Us On Enterprise Who Are OOW For At Least The Last Couple Weeks? Sm
Feb 21, 2015

I see a lot of goose eggs.. 0 0 0...in the backlog.  Starting to wonder if Enterprise is being phased out for another platform or are folks on other platforms OOW intermittently on a daily basis, as well.  ...

I Got A Letter From MModal A Couple Of Weeks.
Feb 21, 2013

ago and it stated I got a raise in my hourly wage (used for time off).  Shocked but pleased, very much so.  I am not going to ask anyone about it because I won't look this gift horse in the mouth!!!  And, I get a reasonable hourly rate for transcribing.  I don't have any speech rec jobs, ever.  The postings I see here are so different from my experience and yes, I am very happy about my situation.  I feel badly for others on here that are getting nothing!& ...

Has Anyone Applied To The Gulf Coast Ad From A Couple Of Weeks Ago? Sm
Dec 04, 2012

How is the platform?  What is the pay range?  How flexible are the hours?  TIA ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

How Would You Type Di Di Twin Pregnancy?
Nov 12, 2009

I have a doc dictating about a patient's di di pregnancy.  I know he's just abbreviating but I did a Google and it's coming up several different ways.  Anyone know the correct way? Di-Di?  Di Di?   di di? Thanks so much in advance. Have a great day.  I am because I know I'll live a long time.  I refuse to die until the Vikings win a Super Bowl.  Of course that very same day, H E double hockey sticks would freeze over. LOL!  Sorr ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

OB: Tri-tri-triplet Gestation
Oct 24, 2009

Can you tell me how to write this, as dictated, how it is expanded, and what it means? I specialized in OB/GYN for 5 years! ...

7 Months Three-quarters Gestation?
Aug 12, 2010

How do I correctly transcribe this? ...

How To Type IUP At 35 Plus 1 Week Gestation?
Sep 01, 2010

Thanks! ...

19-week Gestation Question
Apr 26, 2014

Doctor dictated vaginal delivery of 19-week gestation of nonviable fetus, estimated to be about 15 to 16 weeks' gestation.  How is that possible? Shouldn't the baby be the same age as the gestation? TIA! ...

Child Birth
Jan 12, 2013

Hi. "Frontal vaginal delivery" Simple, duh, I have brain freeze. Can someone help. Thanks. ...

Q.E.D. Wants My Birth Date
Jul 14, 2013

I started the application for Q.E.D. Transcription and saw that the initial section requires a birth date. It won't stop me from applying, but isn't that a form of discrimination? I wish the MTSOs would at least provide a secure site when they require personal information such as physical address and phone. ...

Discrepancy On Birth Date
Mar 18, 2011

I'm new at this, so please don't rail me. The doc says she's an 87-year-old woman, but dictates her birth date as 2003. What do you do in cases like this? ...

Name Of Birth Control Pills?
Sep 22, 2011

Sounds like Prosidia or Lucidia? Cell phone dictation, which is completely warped. The patient has dysmenorrhea and anemia from heavy menses and is going in for a supracervical hysterectomy (this is a preoperative HP), so I would really appreciate the help. Just installed new hard drive, and Stedman's loaded my software incorrectly, so it is uninstalled for now. Way past the birth control pills age. Thanks! ...

Birth Control Pill?
Dec 05, 2011

A female patient is in for symptoms of vaginitis, STD check as well as needing birth control...anybody ever heard of "Librelle?"  Dictated..."She can go with the "Librelle" as she wants, 3 months at a time and metronidazole.....blah, blah, blah...."  I can't seem to verify it anywhere. Thanks for the help! ...

Birth Weight Or Birthweight? 1 Or 2 Words?
Jun 09, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Are both ways correct?  TIA ...

Anyone Have A Website For A Cheatsheet Year Of Birth=age?
Feb 06, 2013

I cannot find the website where I printed it out last year. TIA. ...

TTS Pay Dates?
Jun 26, 2014

New to TTS, had the schedule of pay periods and pay dates, can't find it now, can you help?  I know there's a web site to go to, can't find the papers that tell where it is, either! ...

Pay Dates
Nov 28, 2014

Anyone else not get their pay today?  ...

QA Dates
Mar 15, 2015

What is the cut off date for QA to do post audits. For example, last week for March 7th through March 13th. When is their final day to audit for that week? With all the changes, I get so confused ...

MOT Dates
May 14, 2015

MOT in MC POD yet pulled accounts not even in her POD grouping. Plus every week, she sends email with MOT dates, then adds another day to her MOT dates on her next email. First it was till the 16th, now she says the 17th!!!!  Make up your mind. People do have other tasks in life besides waiting for her to make up her mind at the very last minute to demand MOT at 4:30 p.m. starting that shift on that same day!! ...

Comma After Dates
Nov 20, 2012

I'm kind of confused about this.  Does a comma go after the date all the time?  For example:  LFTs from 10/23/2012, are within normal limits, or lab tests from 12/14/2011, are normal. I always put commas after the year when I worked at home. Now I work outside the home and I'm confused about it. Everything here is in a different format and I'm just not sure.  I found a post on here from August about it but still not sure what to do. TIA ...

Is It Just Me Or Is This The New Way To Dictate Dates?
May 16, 2013

More and more frequently, I am getting dictators who say, "the patient underwent the procedure IN 04/11/12" or "the patient underwent the procedure ON April 2012."  It's just a little thing that's kind of annoying because you have to change the IN to ON and vice versa, but it's happening so often, I'm wondering if that's now an acceptable way to say it and I'm just not in the know.  Anyone else get this? ...

Numerical Dates
Jan 02, 2014

Is there a correct way of writing dates, specifically dash (-) versus slash (/).  Ie,   1-1-14, or 1/1/14.   And BTW,  Happy 2014. ...

Dates Of Service
Jun 06, 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the admission/discharge dates dictated by the speakers are always 1 day off from the ADT information?  I would say if I do 50 reports in a day, at least 45 of them have different dates.   So, so aggravating! ...

PostAudit Dates
May 18, 2015

If the work week ended Friday, why the *&%# am I still being audited from that week on Sat, Sun and today???  Do those count for last week if the transcription date was from that time?? ...