A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can someone who currently works for Nuance - answer some questions for me?

Posted: Jun 22, 2011

Am a current Webmedx employee and would like some information so as to prepare and make personal decisions for this "new chapter".

Nuance QA, are they really mostly overseas employees as a previous post alluded to?

Does Nuance have MT- or QA-only positions or do you take whatever is the next report you get in the queue (be it a report to QA, a voice rec report to edit, or a report to transcribe)?

Do you work on a set of accounts or does everyone do every account?

Sounds like their audits are pretty nit picky, how often are you audited and do you agree with that?

Feedback on your managers ~ do they answer your e-mails/sensitive to needs and at least show you common courtesy?

Any flexing on hours in case of low work, a doctor appt, emergency, etc.? How about required weekend and/or holiday hours?

Thank you for your honesty, my gut is not telling me good things about this takeover but would like some insider info before making any decisions to apply elsewhere.  Thanks again!

I have a million questions, also, and I have no idea where to turn. - head spinning MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would also like some information so I can make an informed decision as to what to do. How is full-time and part-time determined? Is full-time determined by the number of hours worked or the number of lines produced?

If you are a happy Nuance employee, please, please, please - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
give us some feedback and tell us something good. I desperately need to hear something positive about this huge change that is being thrust upon me.

I'm not but my daughter is - wimt

[ In Reply To ..]
She's been there a few months now, and she seems to be pretty happy there. She works a split shift and seems to rarely run out of work. She was telling me she is ahead on her lines for this pay period. She likes her coordinator and is doing well on her audits.
Pros and Cons - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
Pros: Plenty of work, at least on the accounts I was assigned to. When I quit in May they were constantly requesting mandatory extra hours.

Flexing: Usually had little problem flexing, even with short notice (sick kids, etc.).

Cons: QA seems to be done on a daily basis. They use the Fiesa system, which lets you see who reviewed your reports and what their corrections were. QA seems to be much more picky than they were before Nuance bought my old company.

Pay is not good - 20% to 40% lower than what I was making before Nuance acquired my old employer.

Holidays are for pay differential only - you don't get ANY paid holidays.

Health care premiums are high.

There is an incentive program, but it pays only quarterly, and the requirements to get a good bonus are high.

Hope this help!
Yes - QA daily - wimt
[ In Reply To ..]
That is one thing my daughter said as well, that it seems that she is QA'd daily. So far, so good for her as far as that goes, but I know I would hate that myself. I actually do deal with it at an IC job that I do on top of my regular full-time job (where I'm consistently at 99-100%), and it's very stressful, especially since they pick, pick, pick, down to the last comma.

Nuance - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
While I am not an employee of Nuance or the company that has been bought by them, I do know this. I have been through a couple of these things, and if you are happy with the company you were with hang on! I really think you will be fine. Change is always scary. But you know your account, you know about the ins/outs of your company. I really doubt that much will change. You may even have changes your really really like. Why jump just because you are going on to maybe greater things. I would stick like glue and see how things mesh out. Good luck to you

Happy Nuance employee - GaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been reading a few of the posts regarding Nuance and decided to respond.

I know there are a few unhappy people out there regarding Nuance. Change can alway be scary. I have been through another takeover in the past, but not in this field. My experience with that was not that positive. This one while it took a while to get all of the systems in line, went fairly smoothly. I for one am quite happy at Nuance. I started working for Encompass before they were merged with Nuance. I stuck it out to see what would happen. So far not much has changed work-wise for me, as I still had the same the accounts, the same supervisor and manager, and the same QA people. My supervisor always responds to my questions and concerns, which is something that does not happen very often. They did add a QA program (Fiesa) that is more exacting, but I am finding that it is not that hard to maintain the required quality and actually is making me more aware of what I need to watch out for. I do like to be able to get my feedback when I want it and move on from there.

As far as the pay, I feel it is very comparable to what I was making at Encompass. Actually it pays more than a couple of other companies I had worked for in the past.

One of the accounts I am on has an account differential and there is always a lot of work and you are given backup accounts in case of low work. My experience has been good one and I'm sorry so many people have had a bad one. I have been with Encompass/Nuance for about 1-1/2 years and plan on staying for quite a while.

All in all if you are going through a merger with Nuance, it should not be that bad and should not change that much for you. Of course the benefits might but maybe they will be comparable.

I hope that helps.
Can you explain more about PTO and holiday pay please? sm - Taja
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you paid for holidays or not? If you work the holiday, what are you paid - 1.5 times regular rate? Anything? And PTO - I saw someone posted a cap on hours for 5 yr employees; what about those who've worked for Nuance (or one of the acquired companies) for longer than that? Do they give you comparable PTO accrual? Thanks for any info.
Nuance/OSi - NOT HAPPY - do not recommend Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I was with OSi for over 5 years, had floating holidays, raises every year, getting paid .09 a line. Nuance came along, cut my pay to .08, no floating holidays, some holidays not recognized. The Fiesa feedback is very time consuming (don't get paid for it). My account is horrible. They clearly do not care about experience. Five year cap...so I would never make more no matter what. In a nutshell...horrible!
You're only paid for holidays if you WORK them - so no paid holidays. - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Nuance NO PAID HOLIDAYS - Sad Encompass was bought out
[ In Reply To ..]
I was told after Memorial Day that if we did NOT work the holiday, we were to ask off ahead of time and use PTO. I will be testing that July 4.

So sad, looking for probably another career. Been MT since 1996 but I feel like a glorified sweat shop worker...

Re: Nuance questions - Nuance MQS

[ In Reply To ..]
I will try to answer as many questions as I can about my experience with Nuance. Let me begin by saying I was a Focus employee (since early 2004) and came over to Nuance when they bought Focus, so have been through the transition. It is my experience that the onshore and offshore accounts are kept pretty separate, with the exception of a few follow the sun accounts. Those accounts may have some India QCs working onshore IDs. I am going to separate QC (which is editing "live" production documents for submission to the client) from QA (which is the position I currently hold, post-audit work of both MTs and QCs for quality). The QA team is run onshore.

As an MT or QC you will be given a primary account, which will always be your first responsibility. You may also be given at least one secondary account and may request more than one depending on the work flow of your current account.

As an auditor I can tell you that, yes, we are "pretty picky," although we comment on most "little things" like punctuation, extra small words, ommitting small words, etc., more than we charge errors for those things. I started with Focus as an MT, moved to QC and then moved to QA, so I have worked both sides of the fence and can relate so well to production's frustrations. Most of the QAs currently working have worked "the other side." There is loads of communication between production and QA and you are free to question any error we give; and yes, we have been reversed lol.

I cannot speak for all TLs on the production side as some have come to us through acquisitions, so I have not had experience with them, but I can tell you that the TLs I have had contact with/worked for, have been available to answer any question or concern you may have, and they answer pretty quickly.

There is also a super QC position that is there to support MTs/QCs even more readily than that TLs are able.

As far as a schedule, you will be required to adhere to the schedule you are given/choose, but with exceptions for emergencies, appointments, low work volumes, etc., in which case you would communicate with your superior concerning flexing time, etc.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me. I am willing to discuss things privately if you prefer.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Web Clock - Anyone Know How It Works?
Nov 20, 2012

My company of 11 years was bought out by Nuance.  Not thrilled about this after all the negative comments on here.  Starting in December we are going to their Web Clock for keeping time.  Can anyone tell me how it works?  Do we enter the hours worked at the end of the day or does it automatically do it for us?  Also, the line count for editing and transcribing - does that auto populate too?  The timesheet we have used for years prior to the buyout, we put the hours ...

LE No Longer Works For Nuance.
Jun 12, 2015

x ...

Hallelujiah - If The New DQS Works
Jan 20, 2010

New DQS will integrate with TeamWork, and only allow people to work when scheduled so that MTs don't go in off-schedule and take work forcing others into the cesspool.  Beta testing starts next week! Yay!!  ...

Anyone Out There That Works For Imedx?
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, is there anyone out there that works for Imedx?   I just would like to know so I can talk to someone who works there.  I feel soooo alone while working there.  Thank you ...

Anyone Who Currently Works For SoftScript
Oct 12, 2010

I am wondering if anyone who currently works for, or has worked for, SoftScript can give me any information, pros and/or cons, on this Company.  I currently have a job but am looking for steady workflow.  I have an interview with SoftScript this week and do not want to leave my position unless it is for the better.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.  Please email me if you do not wish to post online. ...

Would Someone Who Works For ZYLOMED Please Let Me (sm)
Dec 28, 2010

email them and ask some questions.  It would be very much appreciated.  ...

Can Anyone Who Works At Proscript Tell Me
Sep 17, 2011

what their platform is like?  I was told it is like DQS.  I am just hoping it is very user friendly. ...

Someone Who Currently Works For Keystrokes
Oct 03, 2011

Can someone who currently works for keystrokes help me?  I wonder what their platform is, how their accounts are and just in general what they are like to work for.  I appreciate any help ...

Ok Maybe Remedy Works
Jul 26, 2012

I submitted an NJA the other day and today I have a new helper pool.  Has this happened to anyone else? ...

Anyone Here That Works On DQS And Has The 6.1 Version That Has Gotten A New
Apr 04, 2014

computer and did your expansion etc load okay when you switched computers.  I had to upgrade to windows 7 because XP is not longer HIPAA compliant and I am hoping my expanders get into the new computer okay when I load 6.1. ...

Looking For Someone Who Currently Works At Fenton
Jul 22, 2014

Need to know if Windows Vista will work with their platforms/software. Also would like to know required lines per day. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post. Thanks! ...

Inscribe - Anyone Out There CURRENTLY Works For Them
Dec 13, 2014

I did research the older posts about Inscribe, but I'd like to know if anyone out there CURRENTLY works for them, and what are your thoughts, good or bad? I received an e-mail invitation to apply, and I am hesitant based on what I've read in the past. Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

Anyone Who Works For FutureNet
Jan 28, 2015

Just looking for anyone who works for FutureNet. Wondering ins and outs/good and bad. I am supposed to talk to a recruiter soon. I did search Archives, but looking for very current opinions. TIA. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Anyone Who Works For Them Now?
Mar 03, 2010

I did a search and most of the postings for this company are old.  Anyone who works for them now?  It sounds like their platform leaves a lot to be desired.  Thanks everyone. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How Flex Time Works
Apr 11, 2010

at Medquist.  I may be taking a different job but kind of wanted to keep this just in case I hate it or the pay is even worse, though I doubt that will happen.  Is there a minimum?  Are you just on call for heavy times?  Just there for trades, etc.?  TIA ...

If Shorthand Works With EMDAT?
May 06, 2010

Can anyone tell me if shorthand works with EMDAT?  Thanks a lot! ...

Does Anyone Else Think A New Batch Of Mergers Is In The Works?
Sep 03, 2010

nm ...

Landmark Questions For Anybody Else Who Works There!
Oct 07, 2010

Does anybody here work for Landmark? What is your line rate/range if I may ask?  Did anybody have a sudden pay cut recently? Do they have VR or not?  Their website says they do.  Do they offer new accounts to current employees before they hire new ones? ...

Isnt There One Person On Here That Works For JLG In FL.
Jun 15, 2011

Would like some info on this company. ...

Anyone Out There Works On The EditScript Platform
Jan 11, 2012

If anyone out there works on the EditScript platform, is there a shortcut key on the keyboard to get the autocorrect to build your shortcuts. ...

Does ANYONE Who Works For Precyse Solutions Like It There??
Jan 23, 2012

Any feedback on this company, good or bad, is appreciated ...

Does Anyone Who Works For MModal Have Just One Or Two Accounts?
Feb 23, 2012

How does anyone work like this?  What is there to care about and take pride in?  This is an evil company. ...

Anyone Has Worked Or Works For Keystrokes? 
Mar 09, 2012

Hi, just wondering if anyone has worked or works for Keystrokes?  They offered me a job, but did not test me.  for some reason that makes me a little leary that they don't test their MTs before hiring.  ...

MT Now Works At Burger King
Mar 22, 2012

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine who has worked in the oil industry amongst others.  He said, "Did I tell you that a girl who worked for me was going to school at night to learn how to do what you do?"  (medical transcription) I replied, "No, you didn't.  How's she doing?" "She's working at the Burger King on ________.  I asked her what happened to her transcription jobs, and she said there isn't enough work."   ...

Questions For Anybody Who Works At Keystrokes .. Sm
Aug 03, 2012

When they count lines, do the VR lines count the same as the transcribed lines? Also ... are there ever chances to make a bonus or an incentive or maybe OT on certain accounts? Also ... what do they pay you for your PTO - is an average of what you usually make per hour, or is it a flat rate? One more ... if anyone is on the Escription account that is behind right now, how do you like it? Thanks ... about to accept an offer but having trouble getting my questions answered by the recruiter.&nb ...

Anyone Who Works On A Bayscribe Account
Nov 01, 2012

I am curious if your account is going to continue with Bayscribe with Nuance taking over.  I know someone who works for one of these accounts and she tells me she has not received any emails regarding switching platforms, etc.  She also only does straight typing, no VR at all.  ...

Which Stedmans Med Speller Works With Win XP?
Nov 20, 2012

. ...

How Do You Test If Your Headset Mic Works Or Not? Nm
Dec 12, 2012

nm ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Can Someone Who Works For Keystrokes Give A
Jan 20, 2015

step-by-step way to transcribe in chartnet?  I just started, could not get my foot pedal to work, thought it was working and it is not.  I hit the F1 and I put the code in for my account, but nothing happens.  No job loads.  I already put a ticket in, but hate to call them back again. ...