A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you test if your headset mic works or not? nm - Thanks

Posted: Dec 12, 2012

nm

as well as can be - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks for your help. nm - urallama

[ In Reply To ..]
bn

Similar Messages:

Got My New Headset
Aug 23, 2011

I am sorry to say that my old ones work better for me.  I think they would be ok, but I get a lot of (what I think is) cellphone audio, and they just don't work as well for that.  I have tried switching back and forth while working to test them, and then I always end up using my old ones.   I like the way they feel though.  It was worth a try. ...

Need To Buy A Headset
Oct 23, 2012

I am coming back home to work again and now need to buy a headset.  Any recommendations out there?  I don't want to spend a fortune on one.  Thank you! ...

New Headset But Never Had To Do This Before
Jan 23, 2013

Just got a new stereo headset and it is telling me to go thru several settings to configure the set with the computer. I am terribly non-computer savy and I would hate to mess something up doing this. How easy is this to do and could I cause the computer to go kplunk? Thanks. ...

Headset
Mar 12, 2015

Could someone suggest a headset for me? I have been using the Glimmer headset for years and it is just about shot, not getting stereo sound much anymore. Therefore, I am searching for a new set, one that has clear sound. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Transcription Headset
Sep 24, 2010

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I need to buy a new headset. Does anyone use or know of a headset that really brings up the "volume." I got one from Transcription Gear a few years ago but it really didn't do what I thought it would. At the moment I have my set and computer up as far as they will go and it will be easier if I could somehow get it louder. Thanks for your help. ...

Dictaphone Headset
Sep 24, 2010

Hi, I just started using a dictaphone again.  I can't hear through the headset, though.  Everything is connected correctly.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Another Headset Question
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone have a suggestion for a headset with volume control that actually works?  I like the in-ear kind, as the ear-muff ones are too hot in summer.  Also need a cord long enough to go from my head to computer that's under my desk. ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

We Have A Headset Survey To Take, AND
Sep 22, 2011

They ask something like:  What was the brand name and model and if you don't know, then state don't know. WELL!!!!  I TOLD THEM:  SINCE MY PAY HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF AFTER BEING WITH THIS COMPANY OVER 20 YEARS, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PICK THE CHEAPEST BRAND THERE IS.   Also asks where do you purchase your headset?  I TOLD THEM AGAIN:  SINCE I WAS GRANDFATHERED INTO THIS COMPANY WITH PAY CUT IN HALF, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT AT THE DOLLAR STORE.  AND SO ...

Good Headset?
Oct 03, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their advice on what they think is a really good headset? Where is the best place to get a headset? ...

Suggestions For Headset?
Mar 24, 2012

I'm having trouble discerning 15 from 50 and 16 from 60, and I think I'm due a new wired headset. I'm using some Sony earbuds now, but I'm open to other types. I wouldn't like to go over $100. Any suggestions? ...

Headset Recommendations
Jan 11, 2013

I need to get a new headset as mine is wearing out. I haven't ever bought a headset before and just used the ones that came with my transcribers as they worked fine on the computer as well. I tried the stethescope type and didn't like them but otherwise would like some thoughts on what might be good ones to try.  Thanks! ...

Recommend A Headset, Please
Sep 20, 2013

I'm looking to purchase a new headset for transcription.  I had a Philips SHM-7500 and it lasted for 6 years. It's no longer being sold other than on E-bay from Korea ;) I have heard good things about both the Logitech h540 and the Spectra USB Transcription Headset, two totally different styles. Any input/recommendations for these or any others? I use it on the computer, not for cassette tapes. The Philips had the open ear cushions while the Logitech has flat padding. ...

Headset Advice
Jul 08, 2014

I need advice on a new headset. Any suggestions for the best sound quality and low price? ...

Headset Problem
Jan 05, 2015

Has anyone else ever  had a problem with a radio station being played through their headsets?  This is driving me crazy! It's not loud but I can hear it very softly in the background and especially when I take my foot off the foot pedal.  I feel like I'm becoming Schizophrenic trying to block out the noises lol ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Anyone Recommend A Good Headset?
Nov 04, 2009

I have 2 headsets and in both the right side has gone out, which is aggravating.  Would greatly appreciate any recommendations on headsets!! TIA ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Wireless Headset?
Dec 07, 2009

Anyone know of a good wireless headset?  I am so tired of this stupid cord!!!  Thanks! ...

One Side Of Headset Not Working
Aug 11, 2010

Hi, one side of my headphones quit working.  Any ideas?  - It is the same way no matter what I listen to so not the fault of transcription software.  thx for any ideas.  Sounds stupid, but I can't remember what they are now ... but I think Transcription Gear (sounds right).  They have the big ear buds that don't really go into the ear and have the volume control along the wire.  They aren't all that old either. Any ideas appreciated!  ...

C-phone Headset SPONGES (only) - Where To Buy?
Nov 08, 2010

x ...

Aluminum Stethoscope Headset
Oct 01, 2011

I want to get an aluminum stethoscope headset because I used to use one onsite at the cancer center I worked for and absolutely loved it.  I do have a question though.  What type of plug-in would I need?  I want to plug it into my speaker and I now use the Emdat Inscribe platform.  I don't think a USB connection would work for me since I wouldn't be able to plug it into the speaker, so I would guess I would need the prong type plug-in.  Most of the time wh ...

Spectra PC Headset Question (sm)
Jun 15, 2012

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Spectra headset SP-PC with a 3.5 connection and the same headset with a USB connection?  Will you get better sound quality from either connection?  TIA ...

I Just Dropped My Favorite Headset In My
Sep 27, 2012

water glass :(  It was a really old Dictaphone headset with a three mile long cord.  I hope it works when it dries ...

Headset With Mic And Large Earpads
Nov 14, 2012

Anyone know of a reasonably priced headset with microphone (not wireless) that has the big ear pads that fit over the whole ear not just on the ear.  I'm talking an ear pad about 2-1/2 x 3 inches.  The one I'm using isn't all that tight, it's just that after a whole day one of my ears hurts from even the small amount of pressure.  I need stereo.  Hoping for under $100. ...

Good Headset From TranscriptionGear?
Apr 18, 2013

Anyone purchase a good headset from TranscriptionGear? ...

Good But Inexpensive Headset To Use?
May 04, 2013

Would love some input on a good but inexpensive headset to use. Not comfortable with regular earphones (like for iphone) or "airplane headset" (so flimsy). Thanks in advance! ...

I Want Some Clear Headset Gear
Mar 28, 2014

Seems like i have the worst time trying to get some headset that will give me the kind of audio I need in order to hear better. The last I bought were Bose and still not good enough. What and where to find some really good ones? Thanks. ...