A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone have any experience/opinions about Amphion or Precyse? sm - LTMT

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

They both offered me positions when I so unwisely chose SoftScript.  Now that I am looking again, I am wondering if they are the same out-of-work types or if they might be a legitimate option to explore.  I am pretty much at the end of my rope.  I have asked to be patient for 3 months now and my patience is worn out.

If you know of any other companies that pay decent and offer full-time employee status with benefits, I'd appreciate knowing that too. 

Thanks for your help.

A Good company - MT2long

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do not mind IC status or ESLs Scan Medical is hiring. Honest company, pays on time, always work, acute care. Be careful of Precyse. Do not know about Amphion. Hope the right fit is there for you. Good Luck.

I'm curious as to why to "be careful" of Precyse - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Amphion and SoftScript - Dodged a bullet

[ In Reply To ..]
Odd, I was offered a position with SS a couple of months ago and got a skeevy feeling at the last minute and politely excused myself from the position before I got started. Then, all of the "No work at SS" posts started on this forum and, boy, do I feel like I dodged a bullet. I'm amazed to see they keep advertising for MTs when so many apparently qualified SS MTs are on these boards with absolutely no work.

I don't know anything about Precyse, but I did work briefly for Amphion (VERY briefly due to a family emergency). Really, REALLY nice people, great communication, and probably as close to a "family" like feeling I've gotten from an MTSO. I was only part-time and, even at that, it just didn't look like there was going to be enough work. Even during my training period, I'd have probably an hour out of my 4-hour shift where I'd sit without work reviewing the account specifics (which is productive but not quite what I had in mind). They pay something like $10.50 an hour during the first 2-3 months of employment, or until you're up to par on the line count, whichever comes first, so at least you have a definitive dollar amount you can count on while training.

Good luck, whichever way you go, and so sorry about the SS situation. I hope that for the sake of all of their MTs that post here that things turn around for them soon.

Amphion - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently working at Amphion, albeit newly.I am still in my "training period" where I am paid hourly. In the very beginning of January when I started, I had a couple days of low work volume, and they offered me an additional account, and that has not been an issue since. I do work third shift, so maybe the experience is different during the day, I am not sure.

Overall, my experience has been nothing but positive. I have to agree with the above poster who said Amphion was as close to a family feel you will get with an MTSO, and that is one of the things I really love about it.

I recently had a dire family emergency (my child took very ill), and they were nothing but understanding and reassured me it would be alright, and to take care of what I needed to and come back when I was able. I am now back at work, and really am glad I took the plunge and ignored some of the negative posts I had seen on here.

so with a month in - are you producing

[ In Reply To ..]
enough to support yourself?

Because $10/hr is not exactly "working" for an MT. The reality with Amphion, nice as they may be (and they are) is that you can't make a living there. That's why they give us a long "training" period because once you figure out you won't be earning more than $10/hr you go somewhere else.
Amphion - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, By the next payday I will be getting paid on production as my line count puts me above the 10 an hour. I average 300 or so lph right now.

Amphion - FatNSazzy

[ In Reply To ..]
I too worked for Amphion and found them to be the same..very accomodating, bending over backward to help you get up to speed. Clinic notes were not for me after my years of med/surg but I'd recommend them to anyone.
Not my experience - Tired
[ In Reply To ..]
Must be the particular team you're on, because tonight I'm extremely discouraged and wondering if I made the right decision coming to Amphion. Not only did I take a cut in pay, I was assured the account would be an easy one with fewer ESL docs (wrong), plenty of normals, and very little if any confusion. Before I can even type a report, I have to check the instructions (unclear) to make sure I'm transcribing to spec because it seems changes are made daily. After being removed from QA within 2 weeks, I was told today I'm back on 100% because of this month's QA review, which I've reviewed myself and cannot find clear-cut instructions to justify what they consider errors. Also, after almost 2-1/2 months of employment, I get an email from my team lead asking how many hours I am committed to. I'm so tired and really about to give up on the transcription industry. I have a heaping amount of student loans I need to pay back, but so far working in this industry barely affords me the income to support my family. Tonight, I feel like throwing in the towel.

Similar Messages:

Precyse Solutions - Any Experience ?
Jul 01, 2011

Hi! Does anyone currently work for PS and willing to share how their experience is? I'm not interested in pay nor benefits, but in how they treat employees, is most of the work VR, are your accounts constantly changing? Just the overall culture of the company, if you will. ...

Experience With Precyse Transcription?
Oct 24, 2014

Anyone have experience with Precyse transcription? How flexible are their hours, cpl rate, etc.? ...

Amphion Experience?
Sep 07, 2011

I've been hearing some good things about Amphion.  Are there any current Amphion employees out there who have been there for a decent amount of time and could share their experience with the company?   I'm wondering how their pay is and how they are to work for in general.  Do you find yourself running out of work very often?   Do you make a good living there?  Can they be flexible at all with schedules?  Lastly, are most of their accounts straight typing ...

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

Precyse - Someone You Know Worked For Precyse?
Feb 07, 2015

Have any of you or someone you know worked for Precyse?  Any information appreciated, good or bad.  If you or someone you know has worked for them, how do they compare to MModal?  Is it possible to make enough money with them to live?  Am quickly fading here, I need to find other employment.  Am at the end of my rope in every possible way. ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Do You Like Being MT For Precyse?
Oct 23, 2009

Do you like being MT for Precyse? 20 years experience as MT. Ready for positive changes.. Thanks ...

Precyse--sm
Jan 17, 2011

I tried to apply for an MT job with Precyse last night, but was given a message that they aren't "hiring in my area."  Has anybody else run into this?  I figure any area in the US is good since most of us work from home, am I wrong?  I do live in Alaska, but last time I checked we were still part of the country. Just curious.  Thanks.  ...

Precyse NJA
May 03, 2011

Curious... anyone working for Precyse that has lost their account to international and now getting NJA several times a week?  ...

Welcome To Precyse
May 16, 2011

For MT Week last week we got Sonic Rocks which are testicle-shaped shiny black magnets.  HR just sent around a warning that they're very strong magnets and to not keep them anywhere near the computer or anything that stores info magnetically because people are accidentally erasing their hard drives with these stupid things.  Wonder how many new computers that's gonna cost... ...

Does Anyone Know What's Going On At Precyse?
Oct 13, 2011

I work at Precyse and it seems things have been strange lately and I was wondering if any of my fellow slaves know what's happening there.  For example, all of a sudden lots of work for many weeks now (previously was having NJA all the time), so much work that we're way out of TAT with a lot of accounts, yet I see no place where Precyse is advertising jobs for MTs, including their own web site. Also, the sudden firing of a number of QA people and a few lower to middle management p ...

Anything About Precyse?
Jan 21, 2013

Anyone know anything about Precyse? ...

Precyse Cpl, Etc.
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone know the cpl rate for Precyse?  Do you work on all straight transcription or both straight and VR?  What platform do they use?  I was thinking of taking the test but don't want to waste my time if  the rate is too low.  Is the test difficult?  Would appreciate any info you may have regarding this company.  Thank you. ...

Yes Precyse
Apr 07, 2014

Too many warning signs for me.   ...

Precyse Anyone
Oct 31, 2014

Hi everyone I would like to know if anyone works for or has worked for Precyse and if so, if they are a good company to work for.  I have tried to look through old posts and I cant find any.  thanks for any input you may be able to give me. ...

Anything New On Precyse? Sm
Dec 30, 2014

What is their line rate and platform? Do they pay for spaces? How is insurance? Is there plenty of work? How are the accounts? ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...

ANYONE WORK FOR PRECYSE
May 07, 2010

Has anyone every worked for Precyse Solutions.  If so, can you guys give me some background.  It is a good company, work load good, etc. ...

TTS Versus Precyse
Dec 14, 2010

Can anyone provide the positives/negatives for these companies?  TIA. ...

How Is Precyse To Work For? - Nm
Feb 20, 2011

x ...

Looking For Some MTs Who Work For Precyse
Apr 04, 2011

Looking for some MTs who work for Precyse.  I have not seen any threads about this company.  Would like to know the good, bad and ugly.  Possible hospital transcription being outsourced to them....  Thank you. ...

Precyse Update
Jun 11, 2011

I was just wondering what is happening at Precyse.  I left Precyse last month after they sent my fourth account over to India, and there was no work.  Management kept telling us to be patient and just use PTO, but we had not really had any work for months and had already used up most of the PTO.  They blamed the no work situation on the bad weather during the winter.  I am at a new company now, and they seem to appreciate me, which Precyse did not.  My team leader ...

Precyse Transcritpion
May 22, 2011

Have there been any opinions on Prescyse lately?  Good, bad? ...

Huh...Precyse Looking For New MTs To Use And Abuse!!!
Oct 15, 2011

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After all the stunts these guyz have pulled over the past who-knows-how-many-months...I just saw a job posting for them on a site I'm not sure if I can name here :/ and I don't wanna get in trouble for breaking any rules.  Seriously...advertising for more help after you fired SEVERAL QAs and with how much work their sending over to India...you're gonna hire MORE MTs?!?!?!?!?!?!  Guess maybe they're looking for some "fresh blood" to dupe ...

Precyse Solutions?
Jan 17, 2012

I would appreciate any information on this company: How much they pay, if pay is on time, are there tons of acount specs, do they leave you alone to do your work or hover over you, platform(s) ease of use, etc.  (I know it is mostly VR.) Thanks! ...

Precyse Or Nuance
Feb 28, 2012

Trying to decide between these two offers.  Any advice or opinions? ...

Precyse - Has Anyone Worked
Mar 12, 2012

Has anyone worked for or considered working for a MT company called Precyse and what is your opinion about this company? Thanks ...

Precyse....good Or Bad?
Apr 02, 2012

Just wondering, nothing new posted. Scheduled to take test. TIA ...