A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Attention: LK - changing background color - Yochana

Posted: May 10, 2011

I have a PC with Vista and a PC with Windows 7 and it is done differently than Windows XP.  Thought I would never figure it out.  Here goes....

Go to <control panel> 

Click on <Ease of Access Center>

Click on <Set up High Contrast>

Click on <Choose a High Contrast Color Scheme>

A box labeled <Appearance Settings> will come up.  There will be a drop down box with different choices.  I don't think it matters which theme you choose.   Now click on the button that says <Advanced> which will bring up another box.  There will be a drop down box that is labeled <Item>  Choose WINDOW.  Beside that box will be a button that says <Color 1>  Click on that and choose which color you want.  I like a medium gray.  Go back to drop down box that says <Item> and this time choose APPLICATION BACKGROUND.  Again, choose a color from the <Color 1> button.  Click  APPLY.   A box will pop up that says PLEASE WAIT.  It is saving your changes.  Now click the OK button.  The <Ease of Access Center> box will still be on your desktop.  Click APPLY.  Close this box.  You are done.  Smile

I think you do it the same way in Windows 7.  I will check my office PC tomorrow to make sure.  If I don't reply...then Windows 7 will be done the same as Vista.  

It worked! Thanks, Yochana! - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for your help! I got it to change color!

Similar Messages:

Changing The Screen Background Color In DQS 7.1?
Sep 25, 2012

Does anyone know how to change the screen background color in 7.1?  I have it set to a light gray that doesn't hurt my eyes so much.  In every other application it is still the same, but DQS 7.1 is now a brilliant white!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Need To Change Background Color
Oct 20, 2009

I work in Escription, word and need to change the background color from blue to something else. TIA ...

DocQScribe - Background Color
May 04, 2011

Is it possible to change the background color to something other than white in DocQScribe? ...

Font Color/background
Mar 30, 2012

Morning....I have been having a lot of trouble finding a background/font color that does not strain my eyes.  Does anyone have one they love and would not mind sharing?  Thank you much! ...

Word 2002 Background Color
Jul 10, 2010

Is there a way to Default Word 2002 to open up a document in a different color than the white background?  I know how to change the background color but how do you keep the new color to stay as is whenever I open a new document? ...

Font And Background Color Preference
May 27, 2014

I am wondering if anyone has a preference to the colors.  My eyes burn terribly and I get a really bad headache about halfway through my shift.  The place I used to work for was in-house and had all their transcription computers set so the font was white and the background was dark blue.  Wonding of this is meant to be easier on the eyes?  ...

Color Changing Changes - Hyphen?
Feb 10, 2010

she had extreme tenderness on her foot with erythematous color changing changes... I have never used two variations of a word together like this and it is confusing me.  ...

CHANGING JOBS/CHANGING EMPLOYEES
Feb 23, 2011

I have been applying and studying the "online transcription world" for about 2 months, so I realize I have am a neophyte. BUT-it seems to me that what is happening here is a huge waste of time and money. If the companies paid enough, ACTUALLY had work when they hire, were able to ACTUALLY pay the employees at all,  and treated employees well, then the transcriptionists wouldn't go looking for another job and leave.  THEN the companies wouldn't have to maintain recruiters, pos ...

Attention All Primadonna MTS
Feb 09, 2011

I am really amazed at the mentality of people on this board regarding testing.  "Geez my personal identity will be stolen etc., yet you are MTs and most of you use cell phones, etc, but have no worries about sending or receiving text messages and having your identity stolen, but you are PARANOID about taking a test  -- ie personal information being given.  Well yes, my computer was "hacked" but I do not believe it was from MTTEST.  If you go into the private sector ...

Attention Moderator?
Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE. This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files. A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position. Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about t ...

Pay Attention, MTSOs!
Feb 19, 2015

Hey MTSOs, I think you need to pay attention.  According to a news release, Wal-Mart is INCREASING their minimum wage pay to $9 by April of this year and then no less than $10 by February 2016.  Pretty bad when a local grocery chain knows how to treat their employees better than you do...not bring then down like you do.  They are trying to shed their bad image.  MTSOs...I bet you dont have the grapes to do the same thing WITHOUT raising production requirements.  No grape ...

If You Have Jury Duty Pay Attention
Mar 12, 2013

Make sure you enter it as jury duty and not "excused no pay."  Your CCM may tell you to enter it as the latter but in most if not all states, your employer is required to pay you.  ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

Attention California Employees
Apr 14, 2015

Nuance is required to pay for your 10-minute rest breaks separately and clearly display it on your pay stub.  You are owed 1 hour of pay for every day PAID breaks are not provided going back 3 years.  Their nonsense of stating breaks are figured into your line pay is illegal since when you log out to take a break, your production stops.  Contact your local labor commission.  ...

Csf Color
Feb 19, 2010

talking about tapping csf fluid and it came back as color....s/l antichromic in color ...

Been Paying Close Attention To My ASR Reports
Feb 07, 2012

not been ONE SINGLE LINE so far in any report that has not needed editing in some fashion.  Not ONE SINGLE LINE.  Usually multiple things in every line including stupid little words it leaves out, stupid things it adds, repetition by the doctor that it cannot discern, blatant errors of the ASR, punctuation, numbering, and on and on and on --- for 60% of my line rate?  If there are folks who have great ASR and can just breeze through with a cursory proofread, more power t ...

TTSers, QA Time, How Much Attention Are You Paying
Feb 08, 2013

to the endless QAing is done. Do you read intensely, do you learn much, is it tossed, is it sort of a maze for you to go through? Have worked a lot of years, never seen any company this intense on putting its workers through a wringer. I would say some there have the confidence of a slug with all this baloney. ...

Color Is S/l Thallow
Mar 01, 2011

HEENT:  Color is s/l tallow.   ...

S/l Color's Disease
Apr 17, 2011

It's in the PMH, I don't have any other info:( ...

Window Color In ES9
Jun 14, 2015

Does anyone know how to change the window color from the blaring white in Word for ES9 so that it will work?  Each time I have changed it, ES9 messes up.  Hard to believe in the technology they have this can't be done. Was hoping when I upgraded from XP last year this would have been the fix, but apparently not. Thank you ...

Attention Employees... We Need Friday Hours. If You Do Not Volunteer,
Mar 19, 2010

Good thing I signed up for those Friday hours, only to get NJA.   What a bunch of Butt Face Jerks. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

ASR Highlighter Color Question
Nov 24, 2012

I'd rather ask real people who use this ASR than call a tech who can't understand me. Is there any way to change the color from dark purple to a lighter color? I can't hardly see my cursor. I know if I Cntrl + G it will attach and change color but attaching it is kind of useless when I have to edit every other word. I've looked all over this silly software and can't find anything. I heard before there was no way of changing it but I'm hoping somebody found it. ...

Color Me Not Impressed With The Recruiters--sm
Nov 10, 2014

I am supposed to be moved to a new account and new platform with the stated purpose of me being placed on account that should have work (the move is not my choice).  The recruiters talked to me about placement and sent the offer letter.  I sent an email question about this on Friday (which is not when I wanted to deal with this as it was my day off but oh well).  Still nothing.  I do not want to sign the letter until my question is answered either.  Frustrating. ...

Let's Test New Theory. What Color Is Your Hair
Mar 20, 2014

LOL at this point it seems that anything might play into consideration. ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

There Was No ___(s/l) Flux-a-large_ In The Color And Flow Mapping. SM
Dec 27, 2009

Mitral valve leaflet morphology of the posterior valve appeared normal.  There was no ___(s/l) flux-a-large_ in the color and flow mapping.  The mean mitral valve gradient by spectral Doppler was 2 mmHg. ...

VA Background?
Jun 06, 2011

What's "VA background?"  - voice something?  (It's in a job seeker's ad.)  Thanks. ...