A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Been paying close attention to my ASR reports - this morning. There has

Posted: Feb 07, 2012

not been ONE SINGLE LINE so far in any report that has not needed editing in some fashion.  Not ONE SINGLE LINE.  Usually multiple things in every line including stupid little words it leaves out, stupid things it adds, repetition by the doctor that it cannot discern, blatant errors of the ASR, punctuation, numbering, and on and on and on --- for 60% of my line rate?  If there are folks who have great ASR and can just breeze through with a cursory proofread, more power to you.  My is ridiculous.   

Your not alone...not that makes you feel any better :-) - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I have to stop, on average, 4-5 times a line. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I just start typing, but then, there is just enough correct to lure me into going back into editing mode. It's like an abusive relationship you keep getting lured back to with promises of things getting better which turn out to be short lived.

When they do the keyboard versus mouse cursor movements reports to "educate" us to use more keyboard shortcuts, they can't seem to get their head wrapped around it that 95% of that cursor movement tally is getting to the errors to correct. If their ASR is as good as they claim it is, there should be very few cursor movements required, ie, just enough to format the report.

Strictly speaking, to keep the ASR in synch with the words, you are supposed to highlight and then overtype, but that takes even more time than deleting and typing, and I can't spend the time figuring out how much I am going to highlight and overtype. I have tried typing, copy and delete the typing, highlighting what has to be replaced and pasting, but that does not keep the ASR in synch. I have noticed that formatting and numbering doesn't keep the ASR in synch with the unchanged words either.

ASR - anon mme

[ In Reply To ..]
totally agree... just wish we could get corporate to understand that it takes more than 60% of the time to "edit" these reports. The SR program definitely needs to be better than it is (get better results with Nuance Dragon inexpensive software). Also, agree that SR does nothing that it promised, such as when we continually correct errors that SR made on a particular dictator, and adjust future reports by that same MD to reflect those corrections --- just are not made. The only thing I can think of is to e-mail people such as Vern with our thoughts.

Similar Messages:

TTSers, QA Time, How Much Attention Are You Paying
Feb 08, 2013

to the endless QAing is done. Do you read intensely, do you learn much, is it tossed, is it sort of a maze for you to go through? Have worked a lot of years, never seen any company this intense on putting its workers through a wringer. I would say some there have the confidence of a slug with all this baloney. ...

Attention All Primadonna MTS
Feb 09, 2011

I am really amazed at the mentality of people on this board regarding testing.  "Geez my personal identity will be stolen etc., yet you are MTs and most of you use cell phones, etc, but have no worries about sending or receiving text messages and having your identity stolen, but you are PARANOID about taking a test  -- ie personal information being given.  Well yes, my computer was "hacked" but I do not believe it was from MTTEST.  If you go into the private sector ...

Attention Moderator?
Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE. This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files. A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position. Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about t ...

Pay Attention, MTSOs!
Feb 19, 2015

Hey MTSOs, I think you need to pay attention.  According to a news release, Wal-Mart is INCREASING their minimum wage pay to $9 by April of this year and then no less than $10 by February 2016.  Pretty bad when a local grocery chain knows how to treat their employees better than you do...not bring then down like you do.  They are trying to shed their bad image.  MTSOs...I bet you dont have the grapes to do the same thing WITHOUT raising production requirements.  No grape ...

Another Close One ASR
May 21, 2014

Dictated: 50 units of hyaluronidase added VSR: 50 units of hobbling around the base added ...

Again, So Close ASR
Aug 25, 2014

ASR: Positive flora on ice and hit a pole... how do you get that from a doc saying positive for "uhm" ...

If You Have Jury Duty Pay Attention
Mar 12, 2013

Make sure you enter it as jury duty and not "excused no pay."  Your CCM may tell you to enter it as the latter but in most if not all states, your employer is required to pay you.  ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

Attention California Employees
Apr 14, 2015

Nuance is required to pay for your 10-minute rest breaks separately and clearly display it on your pay stub.  You are owed 1 hour of pay for every day PAID breaks are not provided going back 3 years.  Their nonsense of stating breaks are figured into your line pay is illegal since when you log out to take a break, your production stops.  Contact your local labor commission.  ...

So Close To Quitting
Oct 07, 2011

I have to vent!  At the moment, there are no words to express how much I hate this job.  i am so sick of listening to foreigners who sound like they have marbles in their mouths and the women sounding like shrill little girls with marbles in their mouths, struggling with all my heart and soul to do a good job, for pennies, knowing if I send to QA for help, my pennies will be taken away.  This is insanity!  I swear, I've died and gone to hell!  ...

This Close To Quitting
Mar 12, 2014

I am this close to quitting right this second. All I have had is foreign doctors. Are there ANY English speaking doctors left??? They expect 99.8% accuracy with this crap???? Are they kidding me??? I've been sitting here almost screaming because I can't understand a thing they're saying. I had one who was chewing gum like a cow!!! Give me a break. If I had a job to fall back on, I would quit right this second. ...

This Close To Quitting!
Mar 17, 2014

If I didn't need the gol dang money so bad I'd quit right now! More work added on my plate after you cut my pay...twice! This is beyond what I can handle today. I'm only 45 minutes into my shift and I'm crying already. Let me back up, Saturday I was NJA (as usual) so I (stupidly) emailed my PTO requests in for the year, during my shift, and then I get an email about "productive time" and then had another account added to my pool. And given 30 minutes to learn 68 pages of a ...

Attention: LK - Changing Background Color
May 10, 2011

I have a PC with Vista and a PC with Windows 7 and it is done differently than Windows XP.  Thought I would never figure it out.  Here goes.... Go to <control panel>  Click on <Ease of Access Center> Click on <Set up High Contrast> Click on <Choose a High Contrast Color Scheme> A box labeled <Appearance Settings> will come up.  There will be a drop down box with different choices.  I don't think it matters which theme you choose.&n ...

Epic Close To Home...
Jan 16, 2012

A HUGE clinic with many different specialties in this area has went to Epic and now have laid off 30 MTs.  They said with Epic they didn't need them all.  What a shame!  I actually use that clinic, and I knew something was up a couple months ago when I went to the doctor.  They had a new system and they were typing everything in the computer.  When I left they gave me this printout that looked like a medical report.  It had my diagnosis, medicati ...

Oracle. And NO I'm NOT Management Or Even Close To It.
Jul 02, 2012

Why don't we ALL post some of this stuff on the Oracle chat board?!! Maybe you'd get some answers. Why??? Because you might be found out by management???  What a bunch of hypocrites!  ...

The Time Is Coming Close...
Apr 01, 2014

For M*Modal to spew forth their B.S offer to the MT Dept. at our community hospital. Have some ideas already but could use more suggestions/ideas on ways to get the community involved- to let our patients know exactly where our JOBS and THEIR health records will be going.... any help/ideas???  ...

Question For Those With 100% Or Close Quality
May 13, 2014

I have been working so hard to still get a decent line count yet not make big errors, yet still am getting them. I pretty much have the numbers down pretty well, i.e. age, vitals, meds and labs, but seem to make errors on something I might have typed once right in the report, but later got it wrong! It just killls me. I need to make more than minimum wage, and I have given up on getting the bonus, but I am still sick to my stomach when I see silly errors I make in FIESA. Just wondering if anyo ...

Attention Employees... We Need Friday Hours. If You Do Not Volunteer,
Mar 19, 2010

Good thing I signed up for those Friday hours, only to get NJA.   What a bunch of Butt Face Jerks. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

Job Hunting - 3 Hospitals No Where Close To Me Pay......are You Ready....
Apr 30, 2012

$15/hour.  Like the good ole days.  I'm moving soon but not to those cities.  Hopefully I can find a MT in-house job, otherwise, I'm done.  I will not continue to work for these low wages while the companies make billions in revenue.  ...

Oh, Great Just What I Needed To See So Close To Graduating
Nov 30, 2012

Before I get jumped on for trying to "stir the pot", I  come to this forum quite often.  I am a medical transcriptionist and am almost done with my coding course.  I will be taking the CPC sometime in January or February.  However, upon doing research on obtaining a coding job after graduating, I came across this.  Of course the date is 2011, but it's still fairly recent.  This is from the AAPC forum board.  My heart literally sank when I saw this.  O ...

Wow Giving Away Close To 400 In Gift Cards
May 15, 2015

Are you freaking serious??? How many MTs are there in this company? What an insult..And no I'm not playing your games, entering your contests, or doing anything but look for another job. ...

Anyone Heard Of *EVO III" Or Close To That, Demineralized Bone Matrix?
Oct 20, 2009

nm ...

Hyphen - Close To Near Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear
May 11, 2012

Plz help me with this sentence regarding the hyphen usage.   close to near full thickness rotator cuff tear     Thnx in advance for the help,   Syd ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

Anyone Heard Of "fem-flare IVF". I Can't Find Anything Close To This.
Mar 16, 2011

thanks much! ...