A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone with recent info on AllType or TAIB? nm - zoe

Posted: Jun 12, 2010

nm

alltype - i work there

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there, and it is a good place, except I cannot take the third shift schedule. Otherwise no complaints except they are not going to be paying for spaces after next week. Otherwise things are good, so if that is not a problem for you then go for it.

Seriously, now they're not going to pay for spaces? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow. How much more are they going to steal from the MTs? I quit that place a while ago because of the snotty management. It was before they decided to go totally to VR at 3 cpl. Bottom of the barrel pay, rude management, and now no pay for spaces? Yikes!

no spaces? - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
That's just utter greed. I do not work there, but if I type (space) it, I'd better get paid for it! Otherwisethisiswhattheirgoingtoget.wth!
not greed; thank the spacebar-holding cheating MTs. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Get real. Everybody knows that the number of spaces is controlled. - Are you new?
[ In Reply To ..]
The number of spaces is technically controlled on the back end before delivery of the report. So even if an MT did automatically type 2 spaces between sentences, the DEP system only recognizes 1 space on delivery of the report and only counts 1 space in the line count. So even if your account REQUIRES 2 spaces, like the account I used to have at AllType before I quit, the MT still only gets paid for 1.

Furthermore, even if an MT tried to be a spacebar-holding, cheating MT, as you say, QA would catch all that. Can you imagine what a report would look like if an MT put a bunch of spaces in between words on a report ? Do you honestly think that wouldn't be noticed?? ?

I normally hate the phrase "you must be management" but either you're new to the MT field and DocQscribe or you are someone in HR or some other managerial department that obviously knows nothing about transcription. I'm venturing you're the HR bulldog.
Addendum: Good example. sm - Are you new?
[ In Reply To ..]
I type the second paragraph of the post above with 2 and 3 spaces between each word and the question marks. Even THIS program is set up not to recognize the extra spaces, except with the punctuation.

Do you REALLY think that a transcription program like DEP run by greedy, thieving management is going to pay for the extra spaces and NOT eliminate them. I guess you helped prove that it's not possible.
That's not how it works - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Instead of someone for example using just a hard retrun between paragraphs, they put a line of spaces there instead. So intead of getting paid for one character, they are being paid for closer to 60. That is something that nobody is going to notice until you put in a "show character" button like in word.
That would totally be noticed by the DEP program. - Are you new
[ In Reply To ..]
DEP shows every single keystroke and gives a summary of every one of them and even the MT can see these for themselves. In fact, in the summary it gives the number of all the spaces.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this reasoning. If this was the case and it was happening by so many MTs, then it would have been addressed LONG before this. Why not fire those who are doing this (if it is actually even happening)? Why take money away from ALL the MTs instead of just those cheating the system (which I highly doubt because it would have been so obvious in the line count summary)?

This is just another way to take money away from the MTs, and what is even worse is that you try to blame management greed on the MTs themselves.
uh, I'm sure she means holding the space bar between paragraphs, not words! - and anywhere else invisible
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Most places require either one space after the period of the last line - on the report or two, anything other than that is
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Blame the Transcriptionist – Sounds like something Management would do - Stop trying to punish the masses for the sins of a
[ In Reply To ..]

Blame the Transcriptionist – that seems to be the only way Management can justify paying slave wages. 

Out of the hundreds of thousands of Medical Transcriptionists working, how many are stupid enough to try to add spaces?  Add a line’s worth of spaces and get fired -- for what – an extra 7 or 8 cents.  The way these companies scrutinize the poor Medical Transcriptionist, I imagine the first thing every QA does during an audit is look at the hidden formatting.  How long do you think anyone could get away with that before getting caught – and FIRED?   

Years ago, I worked at one company where they called it “line padding” if you accidently put 2 spaces at the end of a paragraph.  They claimed that the report would no load correctly if there was even 1 space at the end of the paragraph, but I think they just did not want to pay us that fracture of a penny per day that an extra space or two at the end of paragraphs would generate.  

Plus, like someone above stated, most platforms are set up to ignore extra spaces.  Some only count 1 space no matter how many are typed. 

So, why would anyone assume that a Medical Transcriptionist would waste their time and jeopardize their job for something that they probably do not get paid for anyway? 

If you have such disregard for the Medical Transcription profession, maybe you should find a more “honorable” profession that is not filled with cheats and liars. 

Stop trying to label all the good Medical Transcriptionists as bad because of the actions of a very, very small number of bad apples.  They will get fired and leave the profession soon enough. 

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE ALREADY

I agree! - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been an MT for over 30 years and the thought has never occurred to me that anyone would do such a thing, until I read it here today.

right from the horses mouth on SPACES - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of our client contracts have gone to visible black character vs 65 character per line. The VBC is a 56 character line as opposed to the 65 character line. It does not change an MT̢۪s compensation. This is truly the way the industry is moving so it will not be unusual to see that verbiage in the future.

Andrea Fornari

Director of Transcription

Dictation, Transcription, Editing, &

Document Distribution Solutions

Thank you! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Great to see something from the 'horse'!
Better than a bunch of scared MTs trying to figure out if they are going to be able to pay their bills or not with all these changes.

This doesn't really say anything except it's 56 versus 65 character line. - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really hoping that the MTs at AllType will educate themselves on the compensation for a VBC line. Since, I can't link another website here, Google State of the Art: The White Papers and read the article.

In short, it says: "In the unit of measurement white paper (Appendix A), a calculation of equivalencies among various production measurements yields a difference of about 31 percent between the "AAMT line" (65 characters with spaces) and the VBC line. Roughly speaking, the per-line rate would have to be 31 percent higher for the VBC count for MT payment to be equivalent to the 65-character line payment. Here, an MT earning 9 cpl under the traditional line calculation would have to earn 11.8 cpl in the VBC count to make the same amount of money. Payment of 10 cpl on a VBC line is equivalent to about 7 cpl in the familiar 65-character line count." And this information is taken directly from the AHIMA/MTIA joint task force's appendix in their own report!! It isn't any MT making it up.

So you can post anything you want from that horse's ?mouth? because if they stated it will not change an MT's compensation, unless they plan on INCREASING line count compensation, what was stated is absolutely FALSE.

VBC - 15+ exp

[ In Reply To ..]
That may be true, but if they don't want to pay for spaces thenthisiswhattheyaregoingtoget. Ifanyone'sfingerstypeititshouldbepaid. I've worked both ways - and with spaces was paid more than no spaces. IMHO. Theydon'tpaytheydon'tget.

The CO I work for has never paid for spaces. - Kazaam

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

What Is Going On With AllType?
Oct 17, 2009

Anyone know what is going on with AllType?  No work, now an email saying there will be no work for the entire week across the board for all accounts. ...

Take The Alltype Job?
Nov 08, 2010

I was previously a QA at Webmedx and got laid off. Prior to that I was a QA for Heartland (lay off) and Medquist (left for better benefits). I got offered a MT job for 9 cents a line, 5 cents a line for VR. Would you take it? I have to support 2 little girls on it and need the benefits really, really bad. ...

MQ Buy-out Of AllType
Aug 25, 2011

Well after finding out that ALLtype was bought out by MedQ I had to make a choice - I resigned.  I just cannot bring myself to work for an Indian owned company, nor do I want to fight for work with an underpaid and less qualified Indian MT.  I hope more MTs will take this same option - the sooner we start refusing to work for overseas companies and taking lower pay - the sooner the job climate will change.  For me - I cannot complain about something I am not willing sacrifice to c ...

Anyone From AllType Now With The Q?
Oct 18, 2011

just wonder if your'e still getting work on same accounts that you had with AT.  I am not getting work anymore.  I don't want to go thru all this training if I don't even know what type of account I am going to be on. ...

Alltype Transcription As An IC?
Apr 14, 2010

Any advice good or bad on Alltype Transcription as an IC?  Working as an editor? ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Alltype And Liability Insurance
Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone know where to go to for the liability insurance due to HIPPA?  Alltype is requiring this now. ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

To The Mgmt Of Transcend, AllType, And All Those Who Think
Sep 29, 2010

Here is a blog article written by the Director of Professional Services for M-Modal about how unfair the "one size fits all" line rate is that so many companies consider "industry standard."  It shows how it ends up costing the company more money in the long run and devalues the higher producing MTs. http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

Tried To Work For Alltype And It Was Horrible! Sm
Dec 02, 2010

Since I got laid off from Webmedx in September I've been on unemployment. I tried to work for Alltype and couldn't do it. The pay was alright but the support was awful, they just threw me into the job with no training, hardly any information on my accounts, no contact whatsoever from supervisors. I didn't even know who my supervisor was! Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? I worked 2 days and quit. No QA feedback or anything. I don't know if I can MT again. I' ...

AllType Medical Transcription
Mar 25, 2011

I am hoping someone can give me some info on this company.  I would hate to leave my current job to find out I made a huge mistake.  I have research the forums but have not found anything recent. TIA TC ...

AllType Platform? Opinons Please.
Aug 09, 2011

Do you have to use the mouse a lot? Would you consider it user friendly? Thanks in advance. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Anyone Else See The AllType Ad Posted Today (on Another Site)? Sm
Jan 02, 2012

It's on one of the other job sites that posts all kinds of transcription work.  I thought AllType was bought by MQ, no?  Why would they be posting under the AllType name rather than MQ?  ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

Still No AllType Paycheck For August 15th Pay Period
Sep 03, 2010

Just an update...I'm still jumping through hoops for this paycheck.  Then I'll have a paycheck that should be mailed next week, also.  I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for that one or if I will ever see either of these checks.  It's only around 300 combined, but that's 300 I need for bills...I have a family to take care of.... ...

Working For AllType Has Received Their Paycheck For The Pay Period Ending August 15th?
Sep 01, 2010

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone currently working for AllType has received their paycheck for the pay period ending August 15th?  I am still waiting on this and am worried it has been lost in the mail or something.  I'm assuming it would have been mailed on August 25th.  Is this correct?  Thanks for any help.  I'm worried, and I have a ton of bills to pay and a family. ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

Info On TTD, Inc?
Oct 22, 2009

Hi any info on this co. is much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On MD-IT?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone have any information or experience with MD-IT such as platform, pay, etc?  I have tried doing a search of past and recent archives and was uanble to find anything. ...

OSI - Any Info
Jan 15, 2010

Any info would be helpful. ...

I Just Need To Add, Regarding The CMT Info
Mar 26, 2010

My current CCM is one of the best of the many I've had. I had previously worked with her on this account from1999 until we were sold to MQ in 2005; she is my 6th or 7th CCM here at MedQuist. She is very familiar with our hospital, very friendly, easy to communicate with, quick to answer emails, and always keeps us up to date. The CMT differential was mentioned earlier as part of MQ new plan; if you have not heard yet, maybe your CCM has not gotten around to it.  The 0.005 cpl i ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On MD-IT
Mar 31, 2010

Does anyone have any info on MD-IT other than what's on their site?  I didn't find anything in the archives and was wondering if they're a good company to work for. Thanks! ...

MD-IT Info?
Jun 16, 2010

Does anybody have any info on MD-IT?  I cannot find much at all and nothing very current.  thanks. ...

Info On OSI?
Jul 19, 2010

So what is there to know about OSI before I make a life-changing decision? Minimum line count for FT? Approximate cpl for a "very experienced" MT, for straight typing; cpl for VR? Do they use 65 ch/l? I heard that their system apparently allows MTs to produce +30%...I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm doing 250-300 l/hr consistently on my relatively ancient system, using AutoCorrect on Word, rather than a regular abbreviation program. How in the world could OSI's system impr ...