A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tried to work for Alltype and it was horrible! sm - MamaBear

Posted: Dec 02, 2010

Since I got laid off from Webmedx in September I've been on unemployment. I tried to work for Alltype and couldn't do it. The pay was alright but the support was awful, they just threw me into the job with no training, hardly any information on my accounts, no contact whatsoever from supervisors. I didn't even know who my supervisor was! Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? I worked 2 days and quit. No QA feedback or anything. I don't know if I can MT again. I'm so used to QA. :( Nowhere is even hiring QA right now and it's so hard. I have two little girls, 6 and 4, and am relying on child support to survive. It stinks!

Two things - TexQA

[ In Reply To ..]
1. I do hope you know the difference between all right and alright (which you typed).

2. It may be time to bite it and try VR. I am one who does very well with it and makes a decent wage, not terrific like the days of old but decent, around $1300 biweekly.

I do know the difference sm - MamaBear

[ In Reply To ..]
between all right and alright. If you can make that in VR, more power to you. No idea how you do it or who you do it for but they must pay pretty darn well.

alright/all right - who cares she is on a forum not typing a report - sm - ssss

[ In Reply To ..]
and are you working fulltime to make 1300 biweekly? If so, I would not be "bragging" - 650.00 is not such a great paycheck

I hope you know - not that it really matters.

[ In Reply To ..]
that alright is not a word but a common mispelling.

relax, there's no QA upinhere. - no-tanal

[ In Reply To ..]

According to General Posting Guidelines - as of 01/01/2010

[ In Reply To ..]
3 - Absolutely no grammar, spelling, punctuation police! Do not correct posters on spelling, grammar usage, punctuation, etc. The ONLY exception is for items specifically asked about on the Word Help board.

Expectations - LMJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I read several accounts like yours in a week and I have to wonder, what are the expectations?

If you're an experienced MT, then what should the employer expect from you?

Yes, you should know who you report to. But why are you relying on QA? If you're a good MT, you can type in any program (with instruction of course) and should be able to do just about any account. It really isn't rocket science. Formats are all basically similar. Terminology doesn't change.

So you get into the program, you type the report, you send it on to QA or the client whichever you've been cleared for. Just what is it you want back from the service? I'm not beating you up here, I'm trying to understand the thought process.

I've gotten jobs and after you've been around for a while, the programs are all very similar, so you learn to get in, do the report, get out. You hammer down the "get faster" stuff once you're there a week or so.

If you were QA before, then that raises questions for me as to what qualifies someone to be QA if transcribing w/o QA freaks you out.

I hope you find something soon. On the other site that has MT jobs, there are some good leads.

I expect sm - MamaBear

[ In Reply To ..]
A business to support it's employees. They didn't even offer me information on how to submit a timecard. It was IC status and I had to figure it all out -- VBCs and all. It was pretty complicated. They offered no instruction on how to do that. I expected some sort of contact with my supervisor and information on when I'd be released from QA -- they never even let me know when that would happen. The communication was awful. That's the whole point of my post. I hope MTSO's offer their MTs better communication.

if you're an employee... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you're not an IC.
AllType hires you as an employee, but makes you take IC status - for first 90 days.
[ In Reply To ..]
They're one of those companies that want their cake and eat it too. They want strict adherence to a schedule, but want you to be an IC for the first 90 days. After 90 days, you become an employee.

If you're IC, you're basically in business for yourself - and they expect you

[ In Reply To ..]
to perform with little supervision. Think of it like this - if the painter comes to your house, do you train him endlessly before he starts? Two days and freaking out about QA? They may have had many new hires at once. If you worked in QA yourself, you know how hectic that is. Honestly, two days in and you're ready to throw in the towel doesn't sound like you really gave it a chance. Maybe it would have been better to at least hang in there until something else came up?
Maybe but I still think sm - MamaBear
[ In Reply To ..]
they should have had more support. I stand by that.
I agree with you MamaBear - Happy MT Robin
[ In Reply To ..]
I think all of us are capable of jumping in to the deep end of the pool without too much trouble, and I didn't read from the original post that the OP was saying she couldn't. As a brand new employee, though, there is a certain amount of feedback that is required from QA or team lead, or whatever the management structure is, that you're doing the work the way they want it done. My last job did not capitalize the s in stage for stage I, stage II, etc. My current job wants it capitalized. Do the residents have to have a co signer, are there special work types for PAs and NPs that don't have to have a co signer, etc. There should always be some feedback in the first couple of days, even if it's just to say, hey you're doing everything the way we want it, keep it up.
Some people are self-starters, and some people just are not. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It is a personality trait. I have actually been thrown into EVERY transcription job I have had and I can say I felt somewhat overwhelmed the first couple of days, but then it seems to come second nature. I have barely had to ask questions, because I have good "problem solving" skills. That has been the case with every single job I have had outside of the MT industry as well. I have never left a job that I wasn't asked to come back or knew I could always return.

Some people need more "guidance" in their work and those people would be best suited in an in-house position, where they could have that. Working from home isn't for everyone. This isn't meant to belittle you in ANY way, I am just suggesting to maybe try in-house positions so that you can have more support and be able to provide.

Good luck.
Where I work, we have accounts that are all different. - Thrown or not
[ In Reply To ..]
We have one account that wants all allergies bolded and capitalized no matter where they occur in the report. Another accounts wants allergies only capped and only the allergen itself, not any surrounding words. Another account prefers the patient's name in the document, whereas a different account wants "the patient."

No matter how good you are or what personality traits you have, there is no way of knowing this unless you get some type of feedback. AllType very rarely gives positive feedback or feedback at all unless you've made a mistake and then it's just criticism. Not even constructive criticism...just criticism. So I know what the OP is talking about.
AllType Criticism - Dee
[ In Reply To ..]
I am a quality assurance editor for AllType, and I give positive feedback and constructive comments in an effort to educate transcriptionists rather than belittle them. Not every QA editor is an egomaniacal tyrant with a red pen for a weapon.
I'm talking management, not QA. I never had problems with QA - ex-AllType
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Alltype Criticism -- to Ex-AllType - Dee
[ In Reply To ..]
The comment was made in this thread that there was no QA feedback while the person worked for AllType. There was also the comment that there should have been more support. I was simply stating that some in AllType QA are supportive -- such as myself. If I misunderstood that those comments were meant for just AllType management and not AllType in general, then my apologies. The very short time that the original poster was on the payroll with AllType is not long enough for her to be on here commenting about all the shortcomings of the company. Sometimes you have to be patient when you start with a new company until you get rolling and things gel. I know that's difficult. However, criticism of a reputable company is pretty hollow when the person handing out the critique wasn't with them for more than a few days and never gave the job or the company a chance.
But you replied to MY comment, not her post. - Ex-AllType
[ In Reply To ..]
I was referring to the differences in accounts and how a person would have no way in knowing what the account wants unless getting some type of direction from management. With AllType, there is none...except when you do something wrong. Then they're all down your throat acting like you should have known.

Maybe the OP only worked there a little while, but I didn't. Unfortunately, I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I experienced the same things as the OP. But I stuck around for a couple years after listening to the bull hockey, rah-rah posts about how someone there for such a short time couldn't possibly know the company. I stayed, and it got worse.

It doesn't take a long time for people to figure out when there is a problem with management and lack of communication, and I think she was right for going with her gut instinct.
But you replied to MY comment, not her post Ex-AllType - Dee
[ In Reply To ..]
When I made my very first post, yours had been the final comment in the thread, so when I finished reading it (as I try to read all comments in a thread before replying to anything), I hit reply and replied, thinking that anyone familiar with this conversation/thread would understand my reply and how it was meant as a general reply to the conversation at hand. It wasn't for only you, or I would have addressed you specifically, as I did in my second post subject line, a post which was a reply to yours.

In my posts I am simply offering my opinion that AllType is not always the way some have experienced it. As a QA editor there, I personally do provide good feedback, and I communicate a LOT with transcriptionists. I can also attest to the fact that my supervisors are great to work with and that they do everything possible to retain good transcriptionists. They explain the account specifics, expectations of the job, and they provide paid training. Those are facts from where I stand. I understand that you obviously had a different experience. As for your opinion that the original poster made the right decision about AllType, I happen to disagree. I think that a period of two days was FAR too short a time to come to the conclusions at which she arrived, and she should have given the company and the job more of a shot. No company is perfect, for sure, but AllType is a good place to work, and I wish she had stuck around longer than two days so that she could possibly have worked into a really good job since she has been out of work for a few months now.

Yes, I worked for them before for about a year and quit. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It started out great with them, but then it got horrible really quick with a new account manager. I went through the same thing with training. There virtually was none, but I was fortunate that a wonderful QA person took me under her wing.

My account manager played a lot of head games until it got to the point that I just quit. One time she even locked me out of the system for a couple days and claimed it was an accident. Would yank me from my account and work on other accounts, then send all my work overseas and claim that they had to do that because there was too much work to leave sitting overnight. Very, very unprofessional and very bad management, IMO.

Similar Messages:

What Is Going On With AllType?
Oct 17, 2009

Anyone know what is going on with AllType?  No work, now an email saying there will be no work for the entire week across the board for all accounts. ...

Take The Alltype Job?
Nov 08, 2010

I was previously a QA at Webmedx and got laid off. Prior to that I was a QA for Heartland (lay off) and Medquist (left for better benefits). I got offered a MT job for 9 cents a line, 5 cents a line for VR. Would you take it? I have to support 2 little girls on it and need the benefits really, really bad. ...

MQ Buy-out Of AllType
Aug 25, 2011

Well after finding out that ALLtype was bought out by MedQ I had to make a choice - I resigned.  I just cannot bring myself to work for an Indian owned company, nor do I want to fight for work with an underpaid and less qualified Indian MT.  I hope more MTs will take this same option - the sooner we start refusing to work for overseas companies and taking lower pay - the sooner the job climate will change.  For me - I cannot complain about something I am not willing sacrifice to c ...

Anyone From AllType Now With The Q?
Oct 18, 2011

just wonder if your'e still getting work on same accounts that you had with AT.  I am not getting work anymore.  I don't want to go thru all this training if I don't even know what type of account I am going to be on. ...

Alltype Transcription As An IC?
Apr 14, 2010

Any advice good or bad on Alltype Transcription as an IC?  Working as an editor? ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Alltype And Liability Insurance
Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone know where to go to for the liability insurance due to HIPPA?  Alltype is requiring this now. ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

To The Mgmt Of Transcend, AllType, And All Those Who Think
Sep 29, 2010

Here is a blog article written by the Director of Professional Services for M-Modal about how unfair the "one size fits all" line rate is that so many companies consider "industry standard."  It shows how it ends up costing the company more money in the long run and devalues the higher producing MTs. http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

AllType Medical Transcription
Mar 25, 2011

I am hoping someone can give me some info on this company.  I would hate to leave my current job to find out I made a huge mistake.  I have research the forums but have not found anything recent. TIA TC ...

AllType Platform? Opinons Please.
Aug 09, 2011

Do you have to use the mouse a lot? Would you consider it user friendly? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone With Recent Info On AllType Or TAIB? Nm
Jun 12, 2010

nm ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Anyone Else See The AllType Ad Posted Today (on Another Site)? Sm
Jan 02, 2012

It's on one of the other job sites that posts all kinds of transcription work.  I thought AllType was bought by MQ, no?  Why would they be posting under the AllType name rather than MQ?  ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

Still No AllType Paycheck For August 15th Pay Period
Sep 03, 2010

Just an update...I'm still jumping through hoops for this paycheck.  Then I'll have a paycheck that should be mailed next week, also.  I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for that one or if I will ever see either of these checks.  It's only around 300 combined, but that's 300 I need for bills...I have a family to take care of.... ...

Horrible Day
Apr 17, 2013

One crappy dictator after another.  Poor sound quality and ESL. I want somebody who can talk clearly. ...

Right Now...5:30 P.m. All Horrible. One Right After The Other.
May 08, 2015

What goes on in India should stay in India.  All that is there is horrid, absolutely a sin to ask anyone to make sense out of any of that.  It is NOT English...surely NOT as I know it...nor anyone else.  Believe me...I worked with an East Indian and she could not understand them either.  Total waste of time.  This work should be given triple pay and NO count for errors.  Lucky anyone tries. ...

Working For AllType Has Received Their Paycheck For The Pay Period Ending August 15th?
Sep 01, 2010

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone currently working for AllType has received their paycheck for the pay period ending August 15th?  I am still waiting on this and am worried it has been lost in the mail or something.  I'm assuming it would have been mailed on August 25th.  Is this correct?  Thanks for any help.  I'm worried, and I have a ton of bills to pay and a family. ...

What A Horrible Day, Or Should I Say Week Or 2.
Mar 23, 2010

OMG, what a horrible time I'm having.  This pay I'm not even averaging my minimum.  All around the country again.  What happened to lock down?  I thought I sent 2 reports to QA but forgot to mark the QA box.  Not my fault for the blanks but according to what I've been told, if we just can't understand the dictator, we have to send it to QA.  MOST of the work I send to QA they can't get either, but its counted against us anyway.  W ...

M-modal Being Horrible
Jun 07, 2010

I know there are a lot of comments on here about M-modal being horrible and I have to definitely agreed, it is the only VR I have used so nothing to really compare it to but cannot do many more lines per hour than I transcribe (usually about 275 lph or so), anyone willing to share how much they do on M-modal and how long the account has been on VR?  Just my curiosity since I don't seem to make any progress in increasing my lines per hour.  Thanks in advance. ...

Started My First Job, But It Went Horrible!
Jun 08, 2010

Hey everybody, I just needed to vent a little bit. I started my first day on my first job, and it went absolutely horrible. I was using the Emdat InScribe platform, which seems easy enough, but they have sooo many templates that the doctor should be using and isn't. My first few reports were okay, but then everything went downhill. I'm supposed to use the templates, but half the time, I had to erase 3/4 of them because it wasn't what he was saying. The wrong templates would load, ...

Is MedQuist Really That Horrible?
Jul 13, 2011

I have read these boards for the past 3 days, ever since I received word my pay would be cut...again...and that upper management was changing...again.  I read through the MedQuist board last night, and then worked this morning.  What a horrible day at work I had, the sounds of everybody grumbling in my ears, making me wonder if I should look elsewhere for work.  My production was at an all-time low, by my own fault.  Then I saw the company board this evening, and read throug ...

SenTel - Horrible Pay
May 24, 2013

Starting rates range from 5- 5.5 cpl for transcription and 2–2.5 cpl for VR editing. This has become unreal.    ...

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!
Jan 03, 2014

I would just like to say that Nuance is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! If you are thinking about working for this company, DON'T! Second, I was wondering if anyone knows who I can call about my pay check. I was lead to believe that everyone got paid on 12/27/2013. That would have been my first and ONLY pay check with them as I quit a week after I started, but I have yet to recieve that pay check. I need to find out when they plan on paying me for the absolutely absurd training that they have you do a ...

Horrible Dictators
Jan 11, 2014

it's not just foreigners. :p  ...

S/l Horrible Pincer Repair
May 19, 2010

Sounds like "horrible pincer repair" ? ...

Help Please With Horrible ESL (16th Report In A Row) SM
Mar 14, 2011

HEART:  Normal sinus rhythm.  No S/L tympanus murmur was ordered.  TIA ...

SoftScript Support Is Horrible
Jul 22, 2011

whatever you do, don't work here.  they give you work, take it away, you sit here with no jobs all day and then they want you to work on your days off, or want you to work when it is not your shift.  support is horrible, won't even give you a phone number to call.  have to email and wait, losing time you could be working.  just don't do it. ...

Horrible, Awful, AARGH!!
Apr 10, 2012

Here's a good one for the day. Just got hold of an Asian dictator, who proceeded to whisper and mumble through the whole dictation, with another American dictator standing right next to her dictating. Can you take a guess which doctor I understood more clearly? I'm sooooo sick of this screwed up mess!!!!! ...