A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To the mgmt of Transcend, AllType, and all those who think - 1 size fits all in VR pay

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

Here is a blog article written by the Director of Professional Services for M-Modal about how unfair the "one size fits all" line rate is that so many companies consider "industry standard."  It shows how it ends up costing the company more money in the long run and devalues the higher producing MTs.

http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/

This is so true - webebegone

[ In Reply To ..]
This is so true, it is just unfortunate that the MTSOs do not realize this and the software company, M-Modal does, they hit the nail on the head with this one. An MT with 35 years of experience is paid the same as someone with 1-2 years and eventually the mistakes will come to light and MTSOs may wake up but all the good MTs will then be gone, as will a lot of accounts due to quality issues, with the MTs pursuing careers that actually pay a living wage. So sad that it takes M-Modal to recognize what should be evident to all companies.

MTSO, like suits, buy the line the platform salesman sells them. - Of course, salesman had never done SM

[ In Reply To ..]
MT, just as the developer has probably never done MT, and they have no idea what is needed in an effiecent platform. All management hears is "save money, even tho saleman doesnt know that to be true. Just as we MT hear we will pay your fair and true and then that turns out to not be true. Most MTs have no idea what they are actually getting paid for. They are told we are paying your fair but they never demand to see how that fair pay is arrived out.

Those MTSO Einsteins don't yet realize that the - damage theyre doing is irreversible. -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Once a skilled MT has so HAD IT with this profession that he or she leaves for something else, they are likely gone FOREVER. That includes all the underpaid, relative newbies they think are such a deal to employ right now.

Similar Messages:

Think Maybe Mgmt Is Getting The Message?
Dec 19, 2012

Whether the current huge backlog is due to call-offs, folks not wanting to put in overtime, or people just outright quitting NTS, I say hip-hip hooray. I hope this gets management's attention that their approach to *handling* their employees by constantly cutting pay is not working for them. My sincere condolences to the new Transcend people, and the new Accentus workers  coming  on board. As an ex-Webx, we heard this song and dance 2 (?) years ago. We all took big base pay hit ...

Performance Mgmt
Jul 13, 2014

on perf mgmt cause failed auditx wiht 99.34 or something like that. got verbal warning in ultipro. what happens next? ...

MT Stars Mgmt: Can You Make A New Board For
Sep 25, 2009

MTs whose companies change the way they operate (WebMedx, for example) or sell out (most recently MDI)? Those MTs should be able to have full-blown discussions on whatever the issue, for sure, but without crippling the Company Board of its original intended purpose of helping MTs who are looking for work to research different companies for the purpose of finding a job. ...

What Happened To The Thread About The MT That Sent A Letter To MQ Mgmt?
Sep 27, 2011

It was on here yesterday. She got a typical suit response. Did the Q have it deleted? Wouldn't be surprised. I've noticed a lot of negative posts about different companies vanish from this site. ...

What Is Going On With AllType?
Oct 17, 2009

Anyone know what is going on with AllType?  No work, now an email saying there will be no work for the entire week across the board for all accounts. ...

Take The Alltype Job?
Nov 08, 2010

I was previously a QA at Webmedx and got laid off. Prior to that I was a QA for Heartland (lay off) and Medquist (left for better benefits). I got offered a MT job for 9 cents a line, 5 cents a line for VR. Would you take it? I have to support 2 little girls on it and need the benefits really, really bad. ...

MQ Buy-out Of AllType
Aug 25, 2011

Well after finding out that ALLtype was bought out by MedQ I had to make a choice - I resigned.  I just cannot bring myself to work for an Indian owned company, nor do I want to fight for work with an underpaid and less qualified Indian MT.  I hope more MTs will take this same option - the sooner we start refusing to work for overseas companies and taking lower pay - the sooner the job climate will change.  For me - I cannot complain about something I am not willing sacrifice to c ...

Anyone From AllType Now With The Q?
Oct 18, 2011

just wonder if your'e still getting work on same accounts that you had with AT.  I am not getting work anymore.  I don't want to go thru all this training if I don't even know what type of account I am going to be on. ...

Alltype Transcription As An IC?
Apr 14, 2010

Any advice good or bad on Alltype Transcription as an IC?  Working as an editor? ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Alltype And Liability Insurance
Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone know where to go to for the liability insurance due to HIPPA?  Alltype is requiring this now. ...

Alltype Has Offered Me An IC QA Editor Job But...
Jun 17, 2010

They require that I purchase professional liability insurance.  Does anyone work at Alltype as QA editor? and if so could I get you to message me?  I have a few questions.  This whole liability insurance thing just bothers me so much.  I make so little now as QA that to then have to shell out more money, I am considering just retiring and be done with this profession. Thanks ...

Tried To Work For Alltype And It Was Horrible! Sm
Dec 02, 2010

Since I got laid off from Webmedx in September I've been on unemployment. I tried to work for Alltype and couldn't do it. The pay was alright but the support was awful, they just threw me into the job with no training, hardly any information on my accounts, no contact whatsoever from supervisors. I didn't even know who my supervisor was! Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? I worked 2 days and quit. No QA feedback or anything. I don't know if I can MT again. I' ...

AllType Medical Transcription
Mar 25, 2011

I am hoping someone can give me some info on this company.  I would hate to leave my current job to find out I made a huge mistake.  I have research the forums but have not found anything recent. TIA TC ...

AllType Platform? Opinons Please.
Aug 09, 2011

Do you have to use the mouse a lot? Would you consider it user friendly? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone With Recent Info On AllType Or TAIB? Nm
Jun 12, 2010

nm ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Anyone Else See The AllType Ad Posted Today (on Another Site)? Sm
Jan 02, 2012

It's on one of the other job sites that posts all kinds of transcription work.  I thought AllType was bought by MQ, no?  Why would they be posting under the AllType name rather than MQ?  ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

Still No AllType Paycheck For August 15th Pay Period
Sep 03, 2010

Just an update...I'm still jumping through hoops for this paycheck.  Then I'll have a paycheck that should be mailed next week, also.  I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for that one or if I will ever see either of these checks.  It's only around 300 combined, but that's 300 I need for bills...I have a family to take care of.... ...

Working For AllType Has Received Their Paycheck For The Pay Period Ending August 15th?
Sep 01, 2010

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone currently working for AllType has received their paycheck for the pay period ending August 15th?  I am still waiting on this and am worried it has been lost in the mail or something.  I'm assuming it would have been mailed on August 25th.  Is this correct?  Thanks for any help.  I'm worried, and I have a ton of bills to pay and a family. ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...