A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone happy with their company? - Steph

Posted: Nov 26, 2009

The hospital I work at is looking at outsourcing their transcription department very seriously, so needless to say my job right now is very unsure.  With all the added stress of life, I am looking for something better with an outsourcing transcription company.  Right now I need to work a part-time job and a full-time job to pay bills.  I already work part-time in the morning for a company called TTS, who I am very happy with, but I also need a full-time job with a stable company with good benefits and fair pay.  Any recommendations?

My recommendation - MT Bottle

[ In Reply To ..]
Stay away from the big Nationals. Try to find a small local company. The big guys are all getting rich quick off of our hard work with most of the work going either to India or elsewhere abroad. There are small locals out there who definitely pay better and actually care about their employees. JMO. It may take a while for you to find a good fit but keep looking and don't settle. It's worth it.

Really cannot recommend another good company as - Happy lady

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for the same 1 you do. Why do you not ask for some additional work there or go full time?

Benefits - Steph

[ In Reply To ..]
TTS provides United Healthcare for benefits, which is only accepted by a one hospital in my area, and the doctors and hospital all have a less than favorable rating. I wouldn't send a dog to that hospital. I would love to go full time at TTS if only they provided a different company for benefits.
Ok, would not know as I do not have - Happy Lady
[ In Reply To ..]
benefits there. Nice company though, huh?
Oh yes - Steph
[ In Reply To ..]

If it wasn't for those pesky benefits I would go full-time with them in a heartbeat! I think they are very nice and helpful, and pay fair.

something to consider - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do find a well-run smaller company, it will likely be bought/swallowed up by a larger one anyway. If you stay put, I would expect that the MTSO your hospital decides to use may give you the opportunity to come aboard with them, and then you'd have the familiarity of your current physicians and possibly an option to take benefits without a waiting period (unlike if you go cold-turkey into another MTSO job). Further, I would suggest you keep an ongoing list heretofore (love that word!) of companies that you hear good or bad things about, with notations of same, so if and when you are in a position to have to start looking again, you'll have a list to work with for starters. I wouldn't rule out the other poster's suggestion of a local job, but in this day and age, broadening your scope may broaden your opportunities too. Good luck.

Steph..... - NH MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work for TTS and love it there. I'm surprised that you work part time for them. They told me they don't hire part-timers. Maybe they've changed their rules. I would ask them for full time, if you want.

Steph, sorry their ins won't work for you. Nm... - NH MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm...

One option I am currently exploring is... - VRMT

[ In Reply To ..]
obtaining health insurance privately. This is a more expensive option but I am finding that many companies today offer subpar health insurance or good health insurance that is just about as expensive as me obtaining a private policy. I currently have a local insurance person looking into whether I can obtain health insurance as a "small business" or IC, which they said might make the policy a little cheaper (I am a FT employee of an MTSO and also a PT IC for another). From the figures she's giving me, it will cost me about $300 more per month for private insurance BUT for me the biggest plus to this is the fact that I don't have to be tied to an employer for the insurance and am free to work wherever I chose whether they have good bennies or not, as an IC or employee. I know this isn't an option that everyone is comfortable with or can afford (and I can barely) but might be worth looking into.

Liz - Insurance option for VRMT

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing that might work for you is to join your local Chamber of Commerce; sometimes they offer group insurance to all members of the local chamber. As to private insurance, I am disabled and my state offers a high risk pool for those who make too much money to be on Medicaid but who are uninsurable. I had that policy for years. It was about $680 a month for me alone for several yeras and had a $3500 deductible! It is now 1K a month, at which point I had to drop off it because I could not afford that kind of dough. I am nearly old enough for Medicare, thankfully. Anyway, I hope you can work out something with the local Chamber. Also, contact various women's business organizations. Sometimes they have a local women in business group that also offers insurance. There are lots of them in California, but I do not know where you are. Anyway, good luck to you!

Thx for that info.. - VRMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I will also look into that option. I am in NY so the insurance racket here is pretty limited by state regs and such.

TTS - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Is TTS the full name of the company or is this an abbreviation?

Transcription, Technology, and Support - Steph

[ In Reply To ..]

Smile

reply to steph - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you thought about talking to your supervisor about them possibly outsourcing to you? If they are looking at cutting costs, you could probably charge them a certain amount that would be cheaper than them having to pay for all the MT's, benefits, etc. You could set a line rate for them and actually in the long run you yourself would probably make more money than you are making now because it would be based on production, not an hourly rate, but it would save the company money by eliminating the other MT's. I would definitely look into this option if this is something you think you could manage.

Similar Messages:

Any Good Company's Out There, Anyone Happy Where They Are?
May 23, 2012

I am unhappy and have been for quite awhile with the company I am with.  I am wondering if anyone has found any company they truly think are worth the effort of working for. I have over 20 years experience and I am not eager to jump from job to job, but it seems there are so many company's out there that are really, really bad.  Any input would be wonderful, I would like to find either PT or FT with my experience being mostly clinic setting but strong oncology, OB/GYN, urology, or ...

Any Company Recommendations From Anyone Happy
Dec 14, 2012

with their job?   I know there are tons of people asking for information on companies all the time on this board, but every company I search on looking for information on here, either the information is a few years old or not the information I'm necessarily interested in.  I'd appreciate any input, good or bad, I can get.   I have 18 years experience and have done just about everything except radiology, so the type of account doesn't matter, though I love ortho an ...

Transcribing1.com Is A Very Real Company With Happy MTs
Apr 29, 2015

Transcribing1.com is a company much like the good old companies where you are treated with the respect you deserve and are treated fairly, like the professional you are.  Please visit our website and call the 800 number as we are actively hiring for acute care MTs for evening/night and weekend hours.  Great accounts, straight transcription, higher than industry standard line rates, direct deposit paid on time or early, no jokes, no tricks, and we pay for spaces and hard returns!&n ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...

Anyone Happy At TTS?
Feb 17, 2013

I was wondering if anyone is happy with TTS. I have read the archives, as well as some other posts and it doesn't look good.  I am starting with them soon and was hoping I didn't dig myself a grave.  Thanks. ...

If You Are A Happy MT...
May 31, 2013

Could you just give us a brief line or two related to your happiness...why you are still happy in MT despite industry changes...Thanks...in advance! ...