A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any information on Hands On Transcription - JM

Posted: Feb 11, 2013

Pay on time, work types, supervisors, etc?  Thanks so much, I need a job.

Hands On - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for her for a short time. Pay is 6 cpl and platform is Bayscribe. MTs are left in the dark a lot, but MY impression was that I just helped out one person maybe, not that it was a company with several employees, but I'm not completely sure this was the case.

The work that I got was all three or four line reports for procedures, so no real way of making money there. I don't believe I EVER had a report more than 10 lines. I think the person in charge typed what she wanted and gave me the rest. I am NOT certain on that, but I think that may have been the case.

As far as paychecks, NO they were not on time, but I ALWAYS did get paid. The pay is supposed to be weekly, but there is no rhyme or reason how you receive your check. It is a mailed check, no DD available and it is a personal check, so make sure you have a good bank that is willing to cash that.

Time was supposed to go in on Saturday and check mailed Monday, but sometimes I wouldn't receive a check for three weeks and then sometimes I would receive one check after that three weeks or sometimes two combined checks and sometimes two different checks. I asked her how the pay worked, since it was supposed to be weekly and she said she didn't always have time to do payroll weekly, but she would try. I did always get paid though, it's just hard to plan to pay bills when you never know when your check will come.

Similar Messages:

Hands On Transcription Any Recent Information?
Jun 15, 2012

I was recently asked to test by this company and most of the communication was done via email.  I have over 30 years of experience and this is the first time that I have ever been asked by a company to download their softwiare in order to be able to test.  I downloaded the software on Tuesday evening and spent until yesterday trying to figure out why I could not get the Bayscribe player to come up.  When I contacted the lady who seemed to be in charge of the testing, she had no id ...

On-Hands Transcription
Jan 15, 2010

I have applied for a job with On-Hands Transcription - I do not see information on here - positive or negative.  I was hoping that somebody who actually has worked or currently works for them could post some information - positive and negative about the company and the accounts that they transcribe.  Any information would be appreciated. ...

Hands-On Transcription
Dec 27, 2010

I found some old posts in the Archives but was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with this company. Their website is a one-pager with not a whole lot of information but looks legit enough. Also, is Bayscribe easy to learn and utilize?  Will it interfere with any player I currently use for voice files?  I have never used any kind of platform - always just digital voice files and Word. Any information or input on either question is appreciated. Thanks! ...

HANDS ON TRANSCRIPTION IS THE BEST
Jun 21, 2012

Have all of you gone crazy? I have worked for C and Hands On for more than 10 years, have always gotten paid, always had work every day just as promised, and love the flexibility of my job. It is obvious that those of you who were not doing your job, and therefore have too much time on your hands, because you can't find another job are posting this non sense. I know C has been in business for 30 years starting from scratch. Tell me....how does someone stay in business for that long in ...

Anyone With Info On Hands On Transcription?
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Hands-On Transcription Info....sm
Jan 07, 2010

Hi - any info on this company?  I checked the archives, but info is mostly from a few years ago and vague.  Feel free to e-mail me.  TIA! ...

Hands On Transcription Virgin
Jun 21, 2012

Okay...I am new to the boards and have only worked with Hands On for 6 months but this is one of the better jobs I've ever had. I have always been paid on time, have steady work, receive constructive feedback which has helped to improve my skills. To date, the management team has been very helpful and friendly. I don't want to disrespect my MT colleagues, but perhaps they couldn't "make the cut" or are burned out from the profession. It seems to me the same MT's are posting o ...

Hands On Transcription - Any New Info
Aug 29, 2012

Any new info. on this company and does she pay on time at this point? ...

Hands On Transcription, Any Info?
Jan 14, 2013

Any info on Hands-On, pay on time, pay scale, plentiful work, supervisors, etc.  Thank you. ...

Hands On Transcription - Good, Bad, Pay, Benefits, Anything?
Apr 29, 2012

anyone have any information on this company?  Good, bad, pay, benefits, anything? Thanks in advance ...

Any Information On JLG Transcription Out Of Florida? Nm
Jan 12, 2010

n, ...

Any Information On Transcription Solutions?
Apr 06, 2010

Specifically their VR platform.  Is pay on time/accurate?  How are they to work for?  Are you micromanaged?   Thanks! ...

Skilled Transcription- Any New Information
Apr 07, 2010

Anyone have any current information on this company? Thanks in advance ...

Any Information On Oracle Transcription, Inc?
Apr 28, 2010

I am interested in any info. or experiences with Oracle Transcription out of Maryland.  Thanks for your time and input! ...

Transcription Solutions.....any Information...tia
May 27, 2010

nm ...

Advanced Transcription - Any Information
Jan 04, 2011

Any information you can share will be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Updated Information On ANP Transcription?
Jan 31, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has some updated information on ANP transcription? I've searched and found some older info regarding late payment, low rate. I've passed their tests and have transcribed focus groups before, and right in their contract it states how often they pay and the rate, so I'm clear on that. I'm not trying to make a full-time job of this gig, just some extra money. It's always scary to hear some bad news about a prospective job, but it didn't se ...

Alpha Transcription Information?
Mar 02, 2011

What's up with Alpha? ...

Information About Viva Transcription
Jul 02, 2011

Can anyone offer information about Viva Transcription....such as pay rates, what Viva is like as an employer, or any information that would be helpful to a transcriptionist who would be working for them.  Thank you! ...

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Peachtree Transcription Information
Dec 13, 2011

Anyone have any information on Peachtree Transcription?  Anyone working or worked for them?  Do they pay on time and do they pay decent?  Saw a job ad for them and just wondering if I should spend my time applying.  Thx! ...

The Transcription Doctors, Inc. Information?
Feb 06, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company...they were very quick to send out the paperwork to work for them so just wondering if anyone currently works for them or has in the recent past and is willing to share any information.  Checked the archives but really couldnt find much on them...i guess that could be a good sign though ???? ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On United Transcription?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription?  Do they have straight typing or VR?  Any info would be much appreciated.  I took the dictation part of the test today and am waiting to hear back from them. ...

Thomas Transcription - Any Information?
Jul 05, 2012

Does anyone know about this company? If so can you give me any information. Thanks ...

Any Information On Blair's Transcription
Jul 10, 2014

I only found 2 other ads for this company, one in Feb. 2014 and in 2012.  No reviews or anything.  Exact same wording for each ad.  Is this company legit?  ...

Any Information On Chroncle Transcription Is Appreciated.
Mar 02, 2010

.. ...

Any Recent Information On Breitner Transcription?
Apr 17, 2010

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any new information about Breitner. I have read both good and bad things. I was offered a position with them. This would be my very first job as a new graduate, and I want a good first-job experience. I understand that not everyone is going to love every company. There are going to be people out there that share their good and bad experiences, which I appreciate. How valid are the complaints though. I do not want to pass judgement on a company and miss a g ...

Solid Information On What Is Going On With Landmark Transcription
Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around.  ...

United Transcription - Some Current Information
Sep 07, 2010

Can someone give me some current information about this company, good bad, would prefer someone working there now or within the last 6 months. Have done a search but would like something more current.  Thanks in advance. ...

Information About Inscribe Transcription Company?
Jan 20, 2011

Can anyone offer any information about Inscribe Transcription Company?  Thanks... ...