A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any recent information on Breitner Transcription? - skybaby

Posted: Apr 17, 2010

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any new information about Breitner. I have read both good and bad things. I was offered a position with them. This would be my very first job as a new graduate, and I want a good first-job experience. I understand that not everyone is going to love every company. There are going to be people out there that share their good and bad experiences, which I appreciate. How valid are the complaints though. I do not want to pass judgement on a company and miss a good job. The woman who emailed me was very nice, and told me how well I did on their test. I felt like she really cared about me succeeding in the industry. Any advice would be appreciated.

Breitner hardly ever has any work, just sit and wait and don't make minimum wage either.. - ..NOT good...nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Breitner - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
1. The recruiter is trying to sell you something. Recruiters are often just as nice and convincing as car salespeople or anyone trying to make you a sale. Once the sale is complete, their tone changes, or they forget that you exist.
2. During my brief experience with Breitner, I found the manager to be less than helpful once she called and read me the client specs, calling it a "training." Then, when I requested a secondary account, she gave me one in a specialty that I absolutely hate, saying that it was a "good fit" for me. When I disagreed with her assessment, I heard nothing more from her on the subject. When I wanted to be part-time due to the low work volume, and requested such, there was no response.
3. I was also told that there was a weekend and third-shift differential, which never happened.
4. I presented two week's notice of intention to quit, but was cut off immediately.

Breitner Transcription - Silly Rabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a wonderful, but brief experience with Breitner. There was a lot of work and trainers and techs were readily available. Unfortunately, I pretty much sabotaged that position secondary to my misguided loyalty to a large national MTSO. Everyone's experience is different.

No work - here either

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on ASR when I first started, and did not like it at all, so went to straight typing which was good for the first 6 months and then 6 months with sometimes 150 lines a day. I was able to make 18,000 lines a pay period and when I left I was about 8,000 lines a pay period. Being a single person, I needed more than $600 every 2 weeks. I could not even afford to put money in a 401K becaue of that. And they never had a secondary account for me, as all the accounts were low.

Good luck - maybe you got my old job.

I appreciate the input. - skybaby

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you guys for the information.

breitner - what are you going to do

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious if you are going to take the job or not
Not sure yet. - Skybaby
[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that I would be contacted beginning of this week. I have not been contacted yet. I will just have to wait and see. I have gathered that everyone will have different experiences with different companies. What might be a good fit for one person may not be a good fit for another. Being a newbie looking for my first job, I have decided to keep an open mind, and just stay positive. I will get a job eventually. I don't expect one to fall out of the sky. I worked very hard to graduate, and I will continue to work hard to find my perfect match. Thanks again for the information.

Similar Messages:

Current Information On Breitner
Oct 29, 2013

Anyone have current information on Breitner and how long it takes them to reply  once you apply and test? ...

Any Current Information On Breitner
Mar 23, 2015

Looking for current information on Breitner, know they do not advertise much, any information about platform, line rate, etc, appreciated.  TIA ...

Does Anyone Have A Recent Information On InScribe LLC Or Breitner?
Mar 19, 2014

I am interested in recent information -- good, bad, and/or ugly -- on either of these 2 companies. Thanks in advance for your input. ...

Breitner - Information On Their Average Line Counts On EditScript?
Jan 18, 2014

Can any current employees share information on their average line counts on EditScript? TIA ...

Here We Go Again - Breitner Transcription
Mar 23, 2010

Sorry to keep being such a pest, but does anybody have any experience with the above company? ...

Anything About Breitner Transcription?
May 29, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Breitner Transcription? Any advice would be much appreciated. Do they use Dictaphone/ExEditor? Thanks! ...

Anyone Know Of Breitner Transcription?
Oct 22, 2013

Good, bad or just so-so to work for? ...

Breitner Transcription.....pay
May 07, 2015

Would anyone care to share how much Breitner pays for editing? ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

Breitner Transcription - Ever Worked For Them Before ?
Jan 28, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company or ever worked for them before.  I'm part-time at Medquist and passed the test to work part-time with Breitner..  I was planning on working for both companies, part-time at each but know nothing about them.  I figure I'll at least give them a try but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.  Thank you. ...

Insight On Breitner Transcription
Jul 20, 2010

Anyone have any insight on Breitner Transcription.  Was offered a job with them, but as always never know whether to switch companies or not, but the one I am working with now has run out of work. ...

Anyone Familiar With Breitner Transcription?
Dec 15, 2010

I am thinking of working for this company and I am interested in anyone's experiences with Breitner.   Thanks ...

Breitner Transcription - Nothing Recent?
Jan 05, 2012

I went to the archives, nothing recent.  What is the deal with this company. I need to hear the truth. Thanks. ...

Breitner Transcription Testing
Jan 19, 2012

What do you think about the catheterization report on testing for Breitner? I have done probably hundreds of these reports and know the terminology -- that is not the problem. I know they are testing our ESL skill too with this guy -- very bad dictator. Did anyone have trouble with sound quality and getting the foot pedal to work? I think this along with very bad dictator just did me in. I have heard they are not too great to work for though. Maybe it is good that I could not do the test, ...

Breitner Transcription Services
Jun 02, 2012

I'm a CMT w/ 16 years' experience in acute care. I just applied for PT w/ Breitner. After doing their little test, answering their employment history questions, and pasting my resume, I got this automated response - Unfortunately, your experience does not meet our minimum requirement. We do have a continuous need for experienced medical transcriptionists. We strongly encourage all interested applicants to pursue additional formal training and/or experience to increase their skills ...

Breitner Transcription Anyone...nothing Recent I See?
Jan 16, 2014

Wondering if they still run out of work or if pay on time.  Wondering if nothing recent means something positive?  TIA ...

Breitner Transcription Job Offer
Jun 20, 2014

I have a job offer from Breitner. Anyone with any comments about this company, good or bad? ...

Breitner Transcription. I Am Compiling A List Of
Nov 20, 2010

companies to apply at.  I've found information on most of them.  I only see older posts about Breitner.  Does anyone have any current information.  What platform they use, how is QA, do they pay on time?  Any information is appreciated.  TIA ...

Anybody Works Or Has Worked For Breitner Transcription?
Jan 15, 2012

Anybody works or has worked for Breitner?  ...

Any Current Info On Breitner Transcription
Aug 14, 2013

Any current info on Breitner, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thinking of working there.  ...

Can Anyone Give Me Info On Breitner Transcription
May 04, 2014

Can anyone give me info on Breitner?  I was offered a job with them via email after testing for them (no phone interview?).... the job offer was good, better than most out there as far as my preferred schedule and money but I cannot find much info regarding how they are to work for, workflow, QA, support, etc.  Just looking for some reassuring info please.... Thank you so much! ...

Breitner Transcription - A Good Company To Work For?
Nov 08, 2010

I see where Breitner has a job ad on the other board for an oncology transcriptionist, yet when I go to the testing area, the only test available is for acute care????  If you are going to be hired for oncology, why would you need to take a test for acute care?  Also does anyone know how much they pay for straight trans and for editing?  Is this a good company to work for?  Thanks for your help. ...

Any Information On JLG Transcription Out Of Florida? Nm
Jan 12, 2010

n, ...

Any Information On Transcription Solutions?
Apr 06, 2010

Specifically their VR platform.  Is pay on time/accurate?  How are they to work for?  Are you micromanaged?   Thanks! ...

Skilled Transcription- Any New Information
Apr 07, 2010

Anyone have any current information on this company? Thanks in advance ...

Any Information On Oracle Transcription, Inc?
Apr 28, 2010

I am interested in any info. or experiences with Oracle Transcription out of Maryland.  Thanks for your time and input! ...

Transcription Solutions.....any Information...tia
May 27, 2010

nm ...

Advanced Transcription - Any Information
Jan 04, 2011

Any information you can share will be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Updated Information On ANP Transcription?
Jan 31, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has some updated information on ANP transcription? I've searched and found some older info regarding late payment, low rate. I've passed their tests and have transcribed focus groups before, and right in their contract it states how often they pay and the rate, so I'm clear on that. I'm not trying to make a full-time job of this gig, just some extra money. It's always scary to hear some bad news about a prospective job, but it didn't se ...

Alpha Transcription Information?
Mar 02, 2011

What's up with Alpha? ...