A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

solid information on what is going on with Landmark Transcription - curious

Posted: Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around. 

I work there too, and have heard nothing. - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
My account's always been pretty solid and NOT an overflow account. My guess would be that an account came up for renewal and they got underbid.

I work there too, and I smell a rat trashing the co. - Current LMer

[ In Reply To ..]
There are several inconsistencies in the stuff posted lately.

First, the post alluding to, "I've been an MT for 30 years," stinks of the person who comes on this board and trashes the company every chance they get. They lurk and gain information here and there that apparently gives their posts legitimacy. However, those who work for Landmark can see through those because things they post just aren't quite right.

Second, Landmark has either employees or ICs. They do not have "at will employees." An at-will status is an employment designation by a state law. If a state is an at-will employment state, that means that either the employee or the employer can terminate employment at any time without notice and without explanation.

Landmark employees sign agreements and are provided with an employee handbook outlining the company's policies. An IC, of course, will have a contract.

An IC agrees to X amount of lines in X amount of time and can usually do those at their disrection with the time frame designated.

As employees, we agree to produce a certain amount of lines per pay period in order to maintain our full-time status with benefits (yes, they have full benefits including PTO!). Landmark is kind enough to allow us to do our daily line count any time within that 24-hour period, which is much nicer than some companies who have employees and demand a set schedule.

Landmark does have ASR accounts. I am not sure which accounts are converting over to that, but as with ANY MT COMPANY who goes to ASR, yes, there is an associated pay cut but only for ASR work. Straight typing is still paid at the regular line rate.

Finally, a while back, there started to be problems with people not working their schedules. This wasn't on one account; it was on several. This threw the turnaround times completely out of whack, as some people didn't work their days, and the clients suffered. There was a mad scramble for those working their scheduled times to catch up the excess work.

So now I am wondering if there is someone who is bitter because they did not do their agreed lines, decided they didn't want to do ASR and were let go or they were offered to be allowed to stay but at a reduced rate since their line commitment and quality were not the agreed upon amount.

But then again, that's just speculation on my part as someone who still works there.

Curious - Tennisgal

[ In Reply To ..]
What is your source for "someone said"? Who is the "someone?" How would they know?

sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, down on the message board there is talk about lay offs and pay cuts. I have a friend that works there that was laid off and she told me she heard that they were closing. Not sure where she got her info.

Maybe we shouldn't repeat stuff that's not able to be confirmed - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
Just sayin' The old "my friend said she heard from someone, but not sure about the source" is not the best thing to post, especially when you're talking about a company possibly closing.

Landmark is still open for business. I'm working right now on my account with them.

Layoffs happen every day of the week all across the country. If anyone was laid off by Landmark, I would encourage you to talk to the owners and find out the real reason instead of just speculation and assuming things.
Aaawww. That's no fun. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
op
I know. Wet blanket. That's me. - Happy MT Robin
[ In Reply To ..]
;)
MT Robin - mtmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Agree with you 100%. Sometimes when people get miserable, they will say anything to stir the pot.
Which Landmark? - Long-Time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Which Landmark? Are you talking about the one in Pennsylvania. I've been talking to the owner about working there.

Layoff is true; I am one - LM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the layoff is true as I am one of those who was told last Friday that this Friday will be my last day. I have heard absolutely nothing about LM closing the doors at all. I was told the account I am on is going to EMR and that in general LM is being forced to hire transcriptionists for a lower rate than what I am making because of the overall decline in line rates being offered by hospitals now to LM.

My account at LM was a good account, and I have enjoyed working there. I was told they would be happy to provide references for me. They have treated me much better than my previous employer. It is such a shame that this profession is going downhill. If any of you can offer a "personal" recommendation on which companies have treated you like a real person and a professional, I would so greatly appreciate it. Please feel free to email me if you would rather not post your recommendation here. Thank you in advance.

Which account were you on? - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
?

Which account were you on? - LM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously that is confidential and not for public announcement. If you haven't heard anything yet, I wouldn't worry.

LM - mtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They have other accounts. Why don't they put you on one of those? How long did you work there? Were you FT? Will you be able to get unemployment?

Layoffs - just dreaming

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I should be happy to have a job but I wish they would lay me off.

Just dreaming - Tennisgal

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you wish they would lay you off?

dreaming again - just dreaming

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't pay me enough for the amount or lack thereof with work and all the ESL's they keep assigning me. Plus, I do not think it is too cool that they are cutting people's salaries and or laying people off. I don't think it shows a good business practice. Didn't they just have an ad not that long ago on the Job Seeker board?
Just dreaming - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They still do have an ad on the job seeker's board.
They laid off or cut pay for the "high end MTs", the ad is so - JIPPEDMT
[ In Reply To ..]
they can hire in cheaper, so if you answer the ad except low pay, oh-and no work.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Any Information From Landmark On Insurance Issue?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

Yes, Please Let Me Sit Here For 5 Solid Minutes While You Take A Break To Eat
Oct 09, 2014

x ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...

Landmark Transcription Out Of PA?
Jun 14, 2011

Do any of you work for Landmark Transcription out of PA?  I'm looking for information regarding work flow, scheduling, etc. please.  Thanks so much  ...

Anyone Know Anything About Landmark Transcription
Mar 07, 2011

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Got The 411 On Them?
Aug 27, 2013

anybody got the 411 on them? ...

Landmark Transcription - Very Disappointed
Jan 15, 2010

Was hired by this company for a large hospital new account.  Owner said she was excited about hiring 40 MTs.  There has never been more than a few jobs per day.  It is definitely overflor and there is not a lot of that.  Not enough work for even part time.  Very vague about any further work.  Am very disappointed.  Owner does not have a grip on reality. ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Landmark Transcription Any Experience?
Mar 23, 2010

Anybody have any experience with Landmark Transcription, good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Landmark Transcription Having Not Much Work?
Jun 29, 2011

I'm a newbie with Landmark. After reading the many posts on here regarding them not having much work, I realized I should have taken heed. Just the other day, I was logged in for almost 6 hours and only received 5 jobs! Anyone else have any similar experiences with them? Anything good or bad? I'd love to hear about some recent experiences.   Thanks so much! ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription - Any Info
Aug 30, 2011

Hi, anyone have any info on Landmark? Good? Bad?   Thanks ...

Landmark Transcription - I Think I Goofed
Apr 07, 2012

I think I may have made a HUGE error. After not reading and researching enough on site here I sent Landmark Transcription my resume. It wasn't until it was sent I discovered some of the messages from last year saying they are always out of work !! Just what I or any of us would need - sign on with a company who has no work. I left Soft Script because of that. Good grief, I wish I had seen all the feedback earlier. Live and learn I guess. ...

Anyone Here Work With Landmark Transcription
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone here work with Landmark?  Just want to ask a couple of questions.  I won't gab. Email me at scopekatherine at yahoo.  thanks ...

Landmark Transcription No Work ?
Mar 27, 2013

Anyone else get an e-mail this morning that as of April 1, they have lost a big acct. and we will have no work ?  Was basically told we could be put on a waiting list for other upcoming accounts, other platform.  Personally, I did not think this sounded very encouraging and with all the lack of work posts by others over the last few weeks, I guess I willl be looking at other options.  Luckily, I have work with another company and will try to get some more from them.  I really am tired of sta ...

Landmark Transcription - PA Pay Stubs
Jul 16, 2014

Is there a site or link somewhere where we can still get a record of our pay since we stopped getting pay stubs? Thanks! ...

Pay Period Changes Landmark Transcription
Nov 07, 2014

Landmark has been great for the most part until this recent notification of changes in our pay periods back to bimonthly.  Is anyone else just a little upset that we only get one week's pay for the first check of Dec. instead of usual 2?  We still only get the same check end of month for 1-15th.  Some of us have bills & will only get half the check.  I was told that no one else was too bothered by this.  Guess I'm the only one who actually works for my payc ...

Landmark Transcription Provides Equipment Or What Platform They Use? 
May 25, 2010

Does anyone know if Landmark (in PA) provides equipment or what platform they use?  TIA ...

Landmark Transcription - The Owner Overhires
Nov 17, 2010

The owner overhires.  She gets very excitated about hiring and runs the business like a hobby.   She is a very nice lady but does not have a clue how to run a business.  This way why the recent pschy position was ignored.  Do not know if it was filled. ...

Landmark Transcription Part-time?
Sep 09, 2011

Hello.  I'm really needing a second job to make ends meet because of little work here lately and needing more money.  Was thinking applying for Landmark part time if possible.  Question:  Is this as an independent contractor or actual employee?  I would rather do individual contracting since I have my other job as an employee and would have a little bit more flexible hours.  Also, if employee, do they provide you with computer, etc.?  I looked at website but didn't find my answe ...

Any Pros And Cons About Landmark Transcription?
Nov 09, 2011

Any pros and cons about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Input On Company?
Mar 19, 2012

I have searched the archives, no real recent input on this company.  would be interested in hearing recent experience with this company, concerning work flow and whatever else ...

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - Recently Hired Anyone?
Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have n ...

Landmark Transcription Primary Seems To Have Dried Up
Feb 26, 2014

My primary seems to have dried up, I have OOW or dregs from secondaries.  No response to emails.  I have offered to change my shift, anything.  I need the work.  Any ideas/suggestions?  The same?  Different?  ...