A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Involves a "5-week-long" or "5-week long" treatment. - ?

Posted: Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast. 

If can have 2 meanings... - Spouse of Harried Transcriptionist

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's POSSIBLE that "5-weeks long-treatment" might be the interpretation of a hypothetical reader, then: MUST USE 2 hyphens .

why would a spouse answer an MT question - dont MTs answer MTs?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

To: Spouse of Harried Transcriptionist - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not trying to be contrary, but you're reading too much into the statement. The statement "5 week long treatment" is very common in MT world, and it's okay either way the OP has it.

Kudos for trying, but your suggestion changes the text, thus changing the meaning.

It even would've been okay if the OP had just simply transcribed "5 week long treatment" and left it at that.

um, thats cause he is not an MT - how would he know anything

[ In Reply To ..]
He is the SPOUSE of an MT.

Similar Messages:

How Long Will I Have Insurance If I Put In My 2 Week Notice With MModal?sm
May 31, 2013

I am working 2 jobs right now. I am making a lot more with my second job and would like to just be able to concentrate on that one but the problem is that it is an IC position. My new job has advised me that they will always have plenty of work to keep me busy and we are actually about 4 days behind on dictation so I'm not worried about that. I'm also next in line for when a position opens up within the hospital to be hired in. I need to be able to plan accordingly as far as findin ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

How Long Does It Take.....sm
Mar 26, 2010

Geez!  I was hired by a national last Friday.  It is a full week later, and they haven't even gotten all the paperwork done.  I thought I had completed it all and then they said human resources forgot a few papers.  Well, they have yet to email them to me today.  I thought I would be at least training by now.  It has been a full week.  I mean they still have to install software on my computer, and I still have to train on ES and the account specs.  Ge ...

NJA- How Long Do We Have To Sit Here?
May 31, 2010

My shift was supposed to start at 8, it is now 8:15 and only 1 job has come through.   Can I send my email and be done with it or once a job comes through do I wait another 15 minutes?   ...

How Long Would It Take?
Oct 18, 2010

Can anyone tell me how long it might take, on average, to type 60 minutes' worth of dictation?  Thank you! ...

Sorry, Rather Long
Nov 21, 2010

This is in the PE section of a consult and the patient is alert but sedated.   ...The neurologic is ( s/l tense) and is intact.  Pulses in the periphery are good.   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Sally ...

Why Does It Take So Long?
Mar 08, 2011

Anyone out there notice this?  That it takes twice as long to do an op note anymore in ASR what with all the cutting, pasting, standards, going back to check whether or not to delete headings, blah, blah.  It used to be a cinch to simply bring in one of my standards and make the appropriate changes according to the audio, but now with ASR, it takes twice as long.  I feel like I'm running in place and going nowhere just to make ASR learn something.  It's such a waste ...

How Long
Apr 01, 2011

How long does it take to find a new job with so many people looking for work.  ...

It Has Been A Long Day...
Apr 14, 2011

The patient did some googling and recognized the tightness he was having may have been from a heart attack... Should I capitalize googling?    ...

Need A Job? (long)
Mar 01, 2012

Started working for my current office 7 years ago.  Worked 1 year in the office then needed to work from home so went on contract.  Things were great, plenty of overtime, work as much or as little as I want and still have plenty of time to spend with my family.  After 4 years they could no longer offer me a contract per se, but still had plenty of work so I stayed with them.  Things changed, started having trouble getting my checks on time, sometimes would be becaus ...

How Long Were We Down?
Jun 11, 2012

I can't remember how long we have to be down to get downtime.  Seems like it has to be at least half an hour. ...

How Long Does It Take To Not Be Known As An MT
Jan 24, 2013

I have known where this 'profession' was headed for years; even in the late 1990s I knew. I earned the education that I need with both an associate degree and bachelor's degree (bachelor's degree from Big 10 university) and, still, many people view me as an MT, which we can all agree is not good. I have experience in my new line of work, and I have worked in that field in the past. How long is it really going to take before people do not view me with all the negative stereoty ...

You Know You Have Been Doing MT Too Long When
Apr 07, 2013

you are cleaning out your desk and find a magnetic tape eraser :)   Probably belongs in a museum :) ...

Wow--long Job
May 01, 2013

Edited a job that was 4689 long.  YIKES!  That is the biggest one I have done in a very long, long time.   ...

So Long MM
Mar 15, 2014

I've done my time! On to something else! I can't say my experience here has been terrible, certainly not as bad as some others I have seen, but I just feel it's time to go. Something else presented itself and I took it.  I'll still be checking in on you all once in awhile.  Would like to especially like to wish the potential coders well; I think that's a great opportunity! Wish me luck! ...

How Long Did It Take You To Get Off Of QA?
Dec 01, 2014

I have only been working a couple of months at Nuance and I am just wondering how long it takes to get off of QA and become DSP status.  It feels like QA is nitpicking me to death.  This is the longest I have ever been on QA before.  How long does it generally take to get off of QA.  My last audit was 99.85%.   I cannot seem to get a straight answer from my TSM either... ...

How Long On Non-DSP?
Jan 14, 2015

How long do newbies typically spend on non-DSP status, and besides not having to pend every report, what does it mean to be granted DSP status? ...

That Took Me Long Enough!
Mar 23, 2015

I quit today. No 2 weeks notice. No anything. "You won't ever be able to work for Nuance again if you do this." That's like saying, "You won't ever be able to hit yourself in the face with a hammer again if you throw it away."  There is NO WAY an MT can survive not knowing what they will make week to week. Who can budget like that? They can stick their "compensation plan" up their yin yang.  I am free!  :)  ...

How Long Does It Normally Take
May 27, 2015

Anybody know? ...

Sometimes A Little Consideration Goes A Long Way
Nov 21, 2009

As I'm typing along for a radiologist that very clearly has a bad cold I hear the begining of a sneeze and then he cuts out. A second later he cuts back in and continues dictating. I was so happy that he actually cut out his sneeze that I left him a digital "sticky note" saying Bless you! I hope that made him smile ...

How Long Does It Take A Seasoned MT To Do 400-500 LPH
Dec 19, 2009

nm ...

If You're Out Of Work, How Long Have You Been Looking?
Jan 06, 2010

I've been looking since October. ...

After Long Deliberation
Feb 16, 2010

After over a year without an MT job I have decided to turn my degree into a Nursing assistant degree. Not to say the MT jobs aren't out there it is just tough for newer MT's to land them with all of the competition. Employers have the right and the demand to be very picky with everyone vying for the position. Good luck to everyone who stays and does well in the MT business but it is time for me to turn my dreams into reality and start making a little green. ...

How Long Does It Take To Reach 300 To 400 Lph On ASR? Sm
Mar 11, 2010

I have been doing this for a month and I still cannot get past about 225 an hour.  I am either doing things wrong in my opinion or this is for the birds and I should just go back to straight typing!  Any help?  Thanks ...

How Long Does It Take You??....600 Lines...sm
Apr 12, 2010

How long does it take you to type 600 lines?  I am considering taking an at-home position in addition to my in-house transcription position.  The minimum line count for this company is 1800 lines a week and I'd like to not have to work more than three days a week for them, which would be 600 lines per day.  I believe I'd be typing straight into Word, so the only quick-text I'd be using is the Microscoft AutoCorrect.  I would be transcribing clinic notes wi ...