A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion has decent health benefits? - curiousgeorge

Posted: Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone share if Amphion has decent health benefits and what full-time employees must maintain to keep benefits? Thanks!

Decent health benefits, - but expensive if more than just the employee

[ In Reply To ..]
The health insurance is Humana PPO, but if you want to get it for your family it is crazy expensive! To keep benefits, you have to have 10,000 adjusted lines per pay period and work at least 38 hours a week, so at least 76 hours per pay period.

Amphion - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the info! I assume the employee-only insurance covers Rx? Do you know approximately what it runs per month (you can email me).

Amphion hours/benefits - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck with getting 76 hours in a pay period. IMHO it is extremely difficult. Overstaffing IMHO. No way to get PTO or insurance if there is not enough work. To have no work and still see welcoming messages for new people makes it even more discouraging, that and the fact it takes them weeks to return emails and phone calls. IMHO, same story just different name.

Amphion - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Minimum required hours is 35-40 for full time. To obtain benefits like health insurance and PTO you must reach 10,000 lines in a pay period. They do have incentives. I am new to Amphion and have to say it is refreshing to be there. They don't have "QA" they have proofers, and they are all very nice to work with. They don't try to intimidate or insult. You feel like you are working together as a team. After being with the larger MTSO's, I have found home. I look forward to my work day. Also, the pay is better than the 8/4. You get paid by visual black characters, but I can honestly say after working for 15+ years transcribing and never being paid on this type of scale, I am making more. My personal experience here has been very positive..not a suit, just an MT.

Amphion - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi! I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience! I am going to test for them. Thank you.

Amphion - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
You are welcome! Good luck. You can email me personally if you have other questions that I can answer.

Similar Messages:

Any Companies With Decent Benefits?
Mar 26, 2014

Hoping to get some opinions on better ones - I already know all about the others! Thanks. ...

Amphion-Is Anyone Making A Decent Paycheck?
Aug 21, 2012

I understand they don't pay for spaces, headers or footers so one would assume this would greatly reduce line counts. ...

Does WebMedX, Amphion Or TransTech Have Decent Insurance?sm
Feb 06, 2011

Just curious.  I'm thinking about applying with them.  I have to have good insurance, and hopefully not real expensive.  Thanks!  ...

Amphion Benefits
Apr 12, 2012

Can anyone that currently works at Amphion tell me how they like it and what the benefits are like and if they have plenty of work? I am thinking of jumping ship, but would like to know if the grass is any greenier first. Thanks! ...

Health Benefits
Mar 02, 2012

As June is approaching us, I suggest that anyone who has health benefits appeal to upper management (I emailed Vern and got a decent reply) to please consider better benefits.  They way they are now, if you are a single parent with young children, this plan could be catostrophic in a way worse than if you had no benefits or job to speak of.  I am not single nor have young children but am currently in debt of over 2,000 to a health provider.  I will probably still be paying it off when we use ...

Amphion...what Are The Min. Hours For Part-time? Any PT Benefits?
Apr 24, 2015

nm ...

Health Care Benefits -- HA!
Apr 26, 2011

First I had to switch from Kaiser last year and now the new doctor I found with United Healthcare is OUT OF NETWORK and the new and only coverage sucks.  I guess it is time to go.  Any good company's out there with decent insurance?  This is pitiful. ...

Health Benefits Problem
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone had to deal with the health benefits persons for MQ?  I am now eligible for health insurance (3 months is up) and when I try to enroll, it tells me the time is up for the benefit plan and I cannot access the page to sign up.  I called the health benefits number and spoke with someone.  He told me I am locked out and he did not know why and told me he would call back.  That was 4 hours ago.  I also sent an email and no response.  I have 3 days to sign up o ...

Health Benefits For PTers
Oct 08, 2012

Know of any companies offering health benefits for PT transcriptionists?  Even if the premium is paid by the employee?  Group plans are supposed to be preferable to individual plans is my understanding. ...

MModal Benefits - Health/Dental
Apr 04, 2014

I've been working for MModal for a few years but have yet to look into employee benefits. Could someone tell me what their health plan is like and what it takes to enroll? Thank you! ...

MModal Health Benefits For 2014 Email
Oct 19, 2013

I have been offered a new job, aka escape route out of MModal. Everything about the new job makes me happy EXCEPT the high premiums for their insurance plans. Can we really believe the email from a couple days ago promising that our premiums for 2014 would stay the same as they were in 2013???? What's the catch? Is it an outright lie? ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Was Looking For A Decent MT Job ANYWHERE
May 08, 2014

Notice I said decent..not fantastic, dream, etc.  I planned on working for any money I got.  I've been an MT for a while, we DO work for our money.  I don't know who started the rumor we don't and need to get less because the consensus is now an idiot can do the job.  Maybe that's how you get the medical records that the doctors, themselves, cannot decipher or make sense of without (wait for it) guessing.  (I think we've all sailed in that boat t ...

Decent $ For Working As An IC?
Oct 18, 2010

Since there are many job postings for an "Independent Contractor", what would be a decent amount to charge?  Charge per line or per report?  Looks like a lot of paperwork is involved as well as estimating what you think you will make to the IRS.  Would like some opinions from transciptionists who have worked or currently work as an IC.  Thx.     ...

Cannot Find A Job For Decent Pay.
Jun 16, 2011

I have been unemployed for about a year now.  MQ took over my hospital and thus the entire transcription department was eliminated.  Even the union could not keep this monster out.   About 15 of us lost our careers.   I have looked into several positions and cannot find any company that will pay me even 80% of what I am taking home on unemployment benefits!!!  At 58 years of age I am too young to retire but perhaps too old to learn something new.  ...

Decent Headphones
Jan 07, 2011

I just graduated and am starting the job search process. The headphones I used during school are pretty trashed. I want to get a decent pair that aren't super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions/pair they really like? ...

MT Decent Jobs
Dec 31, 2012

How hard is it to find a decent job these days? ...

Decent Companies
Nov 25, 2013

any decent companies out there that have never been heard of on this board?  There are so many that repeat themselves all the time and no one wants to work for them because of that.  Any other ones that are not so common? ...

Is It Too Much To Ask For One Report That Is Decent?
Jan 09, 2015

I cannot even get ONE decent report where I don't have to change every second word. Most of the time I end retyping the whole report because the ASR is so poor. I just want to tear out my hair between the poor sound quality, having to deal with terrible dictators and ASR that is now either cutting off every other word or just plain incorrect words.  ...

EXText - A Decent VR Program
Dec 24, 2009

My company is switching me to a VR account in which I will use EXText for VR editing.  Just wondering if you can make decent line counts with this program?  ...

To Get Decent Lines An Hour
Aug 04, 2010

Hi, I seem to struggle with line counts (a few years into MTing).  Some accounts I am fine with and some very slow.  Because of the nature of the work (and working from home), I have no way to gauge if the faster accounts are just abnormally easy or the slower accounts are abnormally hard.  - Do you all (who have decent line counts) feel like you are moving like a mad person or just moving along at a decent pace? Any ideas on how to tell what my issues are or what the scoop is?&n ...

Who's Decent With Math? Have A Question About That 5%......
Oct 05, 2010

Okay, so today if I did 1320 lines and sent 93 lines to QA, which was only 2 reports all day.  Wow it adds up fast!  This is more than 5% for today (not sure exactly what % but I'm sure it's over 5%).  I'm pretty sure this is an average day.  So, I'm still confused about how much we get docked.....will I get paid 3 cents less a line for EVERY line starting when I first go over 5% in any given week, which will be the FIRST day?  Will it be on EVERY lin ...

Companies Out There That Pay Decent Cpl Rates?
Aug 19, 2011

Are there any companies out there that pay decent cpl rates?  I am noticing most are offering .07 cpl.  Are there any that pay .10? Thanks in advance! ...

Looking For An IC Position With A Decent Company
Dec 13, 2011

I've been working as am employee for the past several years, but I think I'm ready to move back to IC status.  Can anyone point me toward some of the better companies?  Thanks! ...

Is 4.5 Cents For VR A Decent Rate?
Feb 29, 2012

And what is the average line count a person averages with VR in an 8-hour shift? Thanks! ...

Making Decent Money Doing VR
Mar 28, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there is actually making decent money doing VR as apposed to straight typing? ...

Any Companies Have Decent Insurance?
May 11, 2015

Hi all!  I really need to work for a company with decent health insurance for an individual.  I think it would be a good reference for everyone if you could reply with the name of your MTSO, your health insurance premium, and whether it's individual or family.  Anyone want to participate?  ...

M*Modal - Does Anyone Make Decent Money With This?
Jan 03, 2010

I have been using M*Modal for about a month and a half now and I was really trying to give it a shot, but I am really doubting that I can ever make good money with this program.   I used to be able to transcribe approximately 25 min/hour and these were docs that went pretty fast, so I usually got 250 to 300 lines/hour @ 9/line, so I made about  22.50 to 27.00/hr.  Now with M*modal, they dropped the line rate 4/line and there is just no way that I ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...