A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"...have 12 hour window to complete your daily schedule." - sm

Posted: Nov 25, 2012

This may sound like a good thing, like they're allowing flexibility with your shift, but the reality is that with frequent NJA, it'll take you 12 hours of hovering over your computer just to get 8 hours of pay.

What a crock.

Or as an IC must schedule on weekends, but - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
good luck at having any work during that schedule. A second company I work for just wants a couple of hours one day of the weekend, but you still need to schedule which day. Again, no work. Well, this still creates a situation where you can't plan your life or be out of town, but you can't earn an income either. It's wrong. Period. Just because these companies give you the flexibility to choose which hours on the weekends, this situation still borders on employee status. Oh, and it does nothing for one's income. And I'm tired of their lame excuses for lack of work. Illness takes no holiday and not every weekend is a holiday weekend. These MTSOs over staff, plain and simple.

PS - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I'm considered a prima donna, I do not ask to work the 9 to 5 shift. I do work less desirable shifts. I have always worked weekends. I just want to have work available when I am scheduled. These companies swear they have a huge need for evening, nights, and weekend people, but then there isn't work at those times.

Sounds like Futurenet - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

12-hour Window?
Mar 13, 2012

Do they work under this and what exactly is this anyway?   You have a scheduled shift, but are allowed to work in that 12-hour window around your shift to get your lines?  ...

Any Companies That Just Give You A Window To Get Your Work Done And NO Set Schedule?
Jan 23, 2014

Anyone know of any companies that give you a time frame to get your work completed?  I would like to work for a company where there is no punching in an out or constant phone calls, etc.  I have over 14 years of experience. ...

Transcend 12 Hour Window
Apr 07, 2011

I saw where Transcend had an ad for VRE editors, 12 hour shifts.  Don't know if it was just one facility of theirs or all accounts.  But... sounds like more flexibility than I have now.  Anyone have input on this? ...

Does M*Modal Have A 12-hour Window? Sm
May 04, 2012

Does M*Modal have a 12-hour window for your daily work or a strict schedule? Is full-time 35 hours or 40 hours?  Thank you. ...

Companies With 12-hour Window?
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies that allow either a 12-hour window to get in your hours or just a line count quota with no daily time limit? I suppose either one of those options would be IC, but wouldn't mind an employee position.  I have worked at one of the big ones for a few years but I am just too burnt out working late at night "scheduled" every night.  I hesitate to change my schedule with them because of losing my account, which is the only reason I keep plugging away a ...

What Companies Offer A 12-hour Window? Nm
Jan 16, 2010

nm ...

Medscribe Florida - 12 Hour Window Anymore?
Nov 11, 2014

Have seen old posts advertising 12 hour window.  Anyone know if they are still doing this?  Or any company that does allow a 12 hour window? TIA ...

No 8-hour Minimum Schedule
Mar 16, 2011

Are there any VR companies (Escription preferably) that will allow you to work based on reaching a line count, not on an 8 hour window? ...

Working Over 8 Hour Schedule
May 12, 2013

As an exTranscender, I'm used to working over 8 hours to get in my minimum. We can't do this with Nuance (as I've found out) but curious of there is some leeway there. I had gone over 4 hours so obviously that is too much. Anybody squeezing in a little extra hour or 2?  There's not a way to make 186 lph on this account in 8 hours. Help? ...

S/l Ka-lex-ine 500 Mg Daily, S/l Fi-a-sol 65 Mg Daily, And S/l Leuk-o-sate Sodium. Please Sm
Dec 04, 2009

This is patient's past medical history:  Scoliosis, osteoarthritis, diverticulosis, asthma, COPD, fibromyalgia, anxiety, chronic fatigue, obsessive/compulsive disorder, bipolar, manic depression.       ...

Shorthand - "hint" Window Or The "suggestion" Window?
Sep 02, 2010

Do you guys use the "hint" window or the "suggestion" window? So, I've been using SH for a bit now and today, by accident,  was trying to change a font, I realized that I was only using the small "hint" window and there was the "suggestion" window that brings up more than 1 entry. For a couple of reports I used the "suggestion" window but found it awkward having to scan the window, but probably weird to me because I'm not used to it. Which do you use?   ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Are The Upgrades Complete?
Oct 17, 2009

If so, I don't understand why we can't see the messages posted in each forum...   All you see are the latest messages posted.   Just curious if this is the final form of the forums.   P.S.  It still says 'SWITH' on the post a new message screen. ...

Complete Mystery
Mar 25, 2010

I will never, never, never understand how all these doctors went through all those years of medical school and learned to be doctors but never learned to speak decent English.  I have been wondering this for 8 years, and probably always will.  I was led to believe medical school was not easy.  I was led to believe learning English IS easy.   Pretty soon I guess I will be led to believe that there really are orange and purple polka dotted elephants hiding under the baseme ...

With Whom Did You Complete Your MT Training?
Jul 01, 2010

To those of you who have completed a transcription course, who did you go through and why?  I don't know if this is too specific to ask here, but I did not see any rules against asking about the schooling.  I have been an MT for eight years, and received OTJ training, plus I have an extensive medical background prior to transcribing.  However, I have a friend who would like to complete a program, and while I have a few schools/programs in mind to refer her to, I would like to ...

Complete Information In Job Ads
Sep 22, 2010

It would be helpful and save time on both ends and lots of paperwork and hemming and hawing if the line rate, hours, bennies, requirements, etc., were given with each ad (I know some do this already)  and then people could apply with that knowledge in hand and present themselves accordingly.  The correct applicant would be applying for the correct job.  Win/win.  I mean, what's the big secret?  Since we are all lumped together no matter how many years of experi ...

SBE Or SVE Was Complete During Course Of Labor
Apr 14, 2013

nm ...

Complete Osseous Survey - SM
Nov 27, 2009

"There are multiple prominent s/l DASH UH DE GROOVES within the skull."  Brain cramp.  Help!  What in the world could this be?  Thanks! ...

Do Ya Think I'll Ever Have Enough Work To Complete A Shift
Aug 30, 2010

I want to work!  I want to earn a check.  Is that too much to ask? ...

Complete List Of OCPs
Jul 14, 2011

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of oral contraceptive pills? ...

How Long To Complete 550 Lines?
Apr 17, 2014

The company I am testing with requires 550 lines per day for part time.  I know there are many factors, but on average how many hours does that take?  I currently work part time and get paid by the hour.   I have never been paid by the line.  I really like my current job, but may be laid off in June or July.   For now, I would do both jobs.  I also have two young children and don't want to take on too much.  Any info would be great! ...

Total And Complete Mismanagement
Nov 17, 2014

Have everyone work on the weekends so there's work come Monday morning. Spend entire days Monday through Friday, 10-16 hours per day, trying to get work, but only being clocked in for 6 to 8. But if you're anything higher than an MLS, you've got it made. You can adhere to your schedule AND have a life. I wish I could write how I really feel about these wage thieves. ...

Andrews Coding: Time To Complete?
Jun 30, 2013

One thing I haven't seen posted re: Andrews is a reasonable expectation of a timeframe for an experienced MT to complete their program.  What has been everybody's experience thus far? I realize we all have different home situations and some are pulled in more directions than others.  I work full-time.  Kids are no longer underfoot.  Not caring for parents as they are deceased already.  No yard to tend. I've found myself cornered into an untenab ...

How Do I Get Rid Of QA Window?
Oct 23, 2012

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the QA window that keeps popping up with each QA blank? I often put in QA markers with a difficult dictator and then go back and listen again and compare to previous reports, so I'm not ready to write a QA note. In the meantime, that irritating window pops and covers the field I'm working in, and I have to manually push it down with the mouse each time. ...

Career Step - How Long It Took Some Of You To Complete The Program
Oct 21, 2009

I am currently enrolled in the Career Step program and I am wondering how long it took some of you to complete the program. I am a mother to 3 kiddos and I don't have time to work on it every single day. It seems a bit overwhelming if you look at all of the reports there are to transcribe. So, how long did it take for you to complete the program? Thanks, MT Mommy 2B ...

Fragment Versus Complete...having A Hard Time!
Oct 26, 2010

Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue. Is this fragment or complete? I am so confused. I would want to add a "was," but does it not having a "was" or "is" make it incomplete? I have been researching grammar, but I know sometimes medical fragment sentences tend to be acceptable. ...

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...