A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NJA under the 15 minute window - Undervalued

Posted: Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away?

what I have done . . . . - voice

[ In Reply To ..]
in the past I used to wait the 15 minutes but anymore, probably about 5 minutes, no more. have not heard anything bad, yet. So, no I do not wait.

happens a couple times a week - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It interrupts my flow and takes away whatever morale I had to start my day. I notify immediately when I see that NJA.

no waiting here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've sat at my computer way too many times waiting for those 15 minutes to elapse, only to have a job pop up right before it does and NJA to follow it.

Now I log in and wait maybe 5 minutes.

I actually think that NJA bumps us into a "special" STAT like pool so any work that comes in will go directly to those with NJA instead of going into the que of somebody who might actually be doing a report.

no waiting here either - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I report NJA by email immediately. Then I get busy doing things like laundry, but I keep checking the backlog off and on throughout the day.

Similar Messages:

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Shorthand - "hint" Window Or The "suggestion" Window?
Sep 02, 2010

Do you guys use the "hint" window or the "suggestion" window? So, I've been using SH for a bit now and today, by accident,  was trying to change a font, I realized that I was only using the small "hint" window and there was the "suggestion" window that brings up more than 1 entry. For a couple of reports I used the "suggestion" window but found it awkward having to scan the window, but probably weird to me because I'm not used to it. Which do you use?   ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

How Do I Get Rid Of QA Window?
Oct 23, 2012

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the QA window that keeps popping up with each QA blank? I often put in QA markers with a difficult dictator and then go back and listen again and compare to previous reports, so I'm not ready to write a QA note. In the meantime, that irritating window pops and covers the field I'm working in, and I have to manually push it down with the mouse each time. ...

In Doc 7, In The ADT, Is The Job Function Window
Dec 17, 2011

x ...

12-hour Window?
Mar 13, 2012

Do they work under this and what exactly is this anyway?   You have a scheduled shift, but are allowed to work in that 12-hour window around your shift to get your lines?  ...

A Pig Just Flew By My Window!!
Dec 02, 2014

Age will be on the edit screen?   I'll believe it when I see it!!! But hallelujah! ...

Window Sedation?
Apr 14, 2015

Anyone heard of window sedation for ventilator patient?    Thanks! ...

Window Color In ES9
Jun 14, 2015

Does anyone know how to change the window color from the blaring white in Word for ES9 so that it will work?  Each time I have changed it, ES9 messes up.  Hard to believe in the technology they have this can't be done. Was hoping when I upgraded from XP last year this would have been the fix, but apparently not. Thank you ...

Is ANYONE At MQ Working On A Window 7 System
Sep 06, 2010

I use my own laptop.  The system runs so slowly.  I have changed my internet from DSL to cable.  I've emptied my cookies and defragged and scanned until my fingers bled.  I'm still slow.  It's either my antique XP laptop or DQS itself. I'm open for suggestions.  My CCM says DQS is not compatible with windows 7, but you know how that goes. ...

Transcend 12 Hour Window
Apr 07, 2011

I saw where Transcend had an ad for VRE editors, 12 hour shifts.  Don't know if it was just one facility of theirs or all accounts.  But... sounds like more flexibility than I have now.  Anyone have input on this? ...

Does M*Modal Have A 12-hour Window? Sm
May 04, 2012

Does M*Modal have a 12-hour window for your daily work or a strict schedule? Is full-time 35 hours or 40 hours?  Thank you. ...

I Could Just Throw This Computer Out The Window.
Oct 31, 2013

Just received 2 emails - 2 jobs with 1 error each from this a.m. I have been extremely careful doing VR and these 2 errors are a word that is "missing." I think once we upload a job, this VR crap doesn't 'save" what we've done in a report fully. This has been happening quite a bit lately. I had a report a couple of weeks ago where the report had an entire paragraph in it that wasn't dictated. I remembered that job from a few hours prior and I know I didn't add t ...

Companies With 12-hour Window?
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies that allow either a 12-hour window to get in your hours or just a line count quota with no daily time limit? I suppose either one of those options would be IC, but wouldn't mind an employee position.  I have worked at one of the big ones for a few years but I am just too burnt out working late at night "scheduled" every night.  I hesitate to change my schedule with them because of losing my account, which is the only reason I keep plugging away a ...

What Companies Offer A 12-hour Window? Nm
Jan 16, 2010

nm ...

Feel Like Throwing The Computer Out The Window
Jun 12, 2010

I just have to VENT today. Between bad ASR, poor audio quality, 90% ESR and 12 different accounts today I feel like tearing my hair out. But, I guess I could have no work. ...

Window's Vista Speech Recognition
Aug 18, 2011

Will b starting to work from home soon and would like to use Vista's speech recognition. My ques is do I need to buy Stedman's spellchecker and the dictionary or just the dictionary? Thanks. ...

Well, Guess Verbatim Is Out The Window, Qualified Or Not.
Mar 30, 2014

If whatever the doctor said is a little wonky, doesn't make sense or is a bad sentence, you can and will get dinged for typing what the doctor says. Told to leave a blank so you won't get dinged. ...

Since The Window To Request Thanksgiving Has Closed
Oct 22, 2014

and the window to request Christmas is about to open, and the new rule our "scheduler" made up is that we can only take one of them, it would be nice if she would PROCESS THE THANKSGIVING REQUESTS SO WE KNOW IF WE CAN REQUEST CHRISTMAS OR NOT.    On a side note, since we can only take one of them, I suspect because she thinks it will make her job easier, that's going to throw way too many people working on completely dead holidays, which will lead to her having to fill out a ton ...

Typing Away With Window Open, Dogs...
Jun 27, 2015

to close window.  Window fell down on my hand and completely came out of the window pane!  THAT'S how MY night is going!  Grrrrr ...

Is There A Way To Print Out The Submitted Request Window In Remedy?
Aug 02, 2013

It's tedious taking screen shots. ...

Any Companies That Just Give You A Window To Get Your Work Done And NO Set Schedule?
Jan 23, 2014

Anyone know of any companies that give you a time frame to get your work completed?  I would like to work for a company where there is no punching in an out or constant phone calls, etc.  I have over 14 years of experience. ...

Medscribe Florida - 12 Hour Window Anymore?
Nov 11, 2014

Have seen old posts advertising 12 hour window.  Anyone know if they are still doing this?  Or any company that does allow a 12 hour window? TIA ...

Multi-Specialty Clinic Editing (Mon-Fri, 12hr Window) Employee
Oct 26, 2011

Accentus, Inc. - US Acute Care Division Waukegan, Illinois awillick@accentusinc.com It sounds too good to be true but it's not! If you enjoy working on a variety of specialties and would love a flexible schedule Monday through Friday, then this account is for you! I am currently hiring for a multi-specialty clinic account which is available Monday through Friday between 12pm and 12am CST, you can work your hours on a flexible schedule anytime within the window. Please kn ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

When A Keystrokes Add Says Pay By Minute
Sep 01, 2011

of dictation for a radiology position, what does this mean?  So much per minute or a flat rate for a total of minutes per day?   ...