A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No 8-hour minimum schedule - SC

Posted: Mar 16, 2011

Are there any VR companies (Escription preferably) that will allow you to work based on reaching a line count, not on an 8 hour window?

Transcend. - no mess

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks! - SC

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for answering---I was actually considering them. I hope they have work for 3rd shift---keep hearing of shortages.

However, you DO have to show up for your - scheduled shift

[ In Reply To ..]
and report your time on a time sheet. This is to keep the Department of Labor happy.

Definitely - SC

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes---especially so that they know when to expect you to be at work. I just wanted the flexibility to work beyond, but this could be the reason why they are running out of work---maybe too many people do this.

That's not true. FT requirements for Transcend are - $900/pp and 35 hours.

[ In Reply To ..]
You might not have to work 8 hours daily to meet the minimum FT requirement, but on most accounts you'll have to actually work over that anyway just to make $900/pp due to overhiring. Of course, you can only put 8 hours on your schedule no matter how many hours you sit and wait, and they consider actual work time as "only when you're fingers are flying in a report." This is a direct quote from CB.

checked website - SC

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure this requirement has to do with receiving benefits also? Do you know if the benefits are affordable for single? I did apply since on their website they state 3 year experience for clinic, so maybe I have a shot since I am coming back after being away for 2 years.
Yes, these are for benefits like insurance and PTO. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The insurance for single is "relatively" affordable, but the deductibles are ridiculously high. Last I knew, before I quit in late-2010, they were $1000 and $1500. The $1000 deductible, of course, was way more than the latter.
benefits - SC
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for responding. By affordable, do you mean below $100 per pay period? If so, this would not be too bad, although I am spoiled because I have been at a hospital with excellent benefits for the past 2 years in a non-MT job, but I have to move to another state due to illness in the family and MTing would be good for my situation. I figure I can start off with clinics to get my speed back, but I am sure they will want current experience.
I believe the lower deductible is more than $100/pp - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
I have the higher deductible, and - I am a single person
[ In Reply To ..]
Medical is $60 per pay period, dental is $10, and vision is $3.04.

Despite the deductible, they DO pay all but the $35 copayment on office visits, and they even paid for a bunch of tests involved with my workup for cataracts and glaucoma. (And that was under the medical, not the vision insurance.)
Was that a pre-existing condition? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
No, the cataracts and high pressure were - discovered last summer
[ In Reply To ..]
and the same insurance was in effect at that time. But even if it WAS a preexisting condition, since I have been continuously insured all this time, even when insurance changes, the preexisting condition thing is irrelevant. It's only when you get new insurance and you have NOT been previously insured for a period of time that there is a waiting period before they will pay for a preexisting condition.

That might be California law, or it might be nationwide; I really don't know.
Also, I do NOT know if my age affects how much - my premium share is
[ In Reply To ..]
I am 55.

Sit and wait - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Toward the end of my employment at Transcend I actually spent more time waiting for work to flow in on my account than I did actual typing. But, as you stated, the only time counted is actual time with fingers on the keyboard. Yet they expect you to work a "shift", which I found almost impossible to adhere to due to the fact that the work trickled in and had to work beyond my so-called schedule just to TRY to meet my requirements. I see most things have not changed by reading this board since my departure. Good luck to anyone seeking employment in these trying times, especially with Transcend.

Can forget Transcend - SC

[ In Reply To ..]
I only have 2 years experience and they require 5, so that leaves me out. Any other companies for the no 8 hour minimun schedule?

don't assume - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you sell yourself well, test well, and adapt well, companies sometimes overlook their stated requirements. It never hurts to try. I do find Transcend to be very flexible, of course that may depend on several factors (the account, team leader, whether you came in on a merger, etc.) Good luck.

Thanks! - SC

[ In Reply To ..]
Very true, since I started out as a newbie on my last 2 companies---they did take a chance on me!
I would avoid Transcend - Me2
[ In Reply To ..]
I really, really would!

No 8-hour schedule - Keepitreal

[ In Reply To ..]
Not and be hired as an employee, maybe an IC.

Similar Messages:

When Did The Minimum LPH (Lines Per Hour) Go To 186?
Jan 29, 2013

OK...someone enlighten me please.  When did the minimum LPH go to 186?  Did I miss something in any of the various webinars?   Work faster, produce more lines, work more efficiently, make less errors, correct the MDs errors, work outside your shift regularly if you run out of work on regular shifts, help your fellow employees -- all for less pay. I'm ABSOLUTELY frustrated :( ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Minimum Lines Per Hour For PT Are?
Jun 16, 2013

Was it 125 or 150? Thanks! ...

Seattle's Minimum Wage $15 An Hour!
Jun 02, 2014

Higher than California's $13 an hour.   Of course, the increase will be gradual over the next few years, but in the same amount of time, the state I currently live in will stay one of the lowest despite one of the highest populations and most expensive cost of living.  I'm ready to move... ...

What Are Minimum Minutes For An 8 Hour Period Nationwide?
Feb 23, 2010

I wanted to know how many minutes in 8 hours is considered normal. Thanks for all replies in advance. ...

Minimum Wage Versus Lines Per Hour.
Jan 02, 2013

So I have been very careful not clocking in when work is low because I don't want my LPH to suffer, BUT.....Is there anyone out there who just clocks in and takes the reports slow as they come and accepts the minimum wage?  Do you get "naughty" emails from your lead telling you that you need to pick it up or clock out?  I hope this makes sense.  It just occurec to me that minimum wage would be better than no wage when work is low. ...

Working Over 8 Hour Schedule
May 12, 2013

As an exTranscender, I'm used to working over 8 hours to get in my minimum. We can't do this with Nuance (as I've found out) but curious of there is some leeway there. I had gone over 4 hours so obviously that is too much. Anybody squeezing in a little extra hour or 2?  There's not a way to make 186 lph on this account in 8 hours. Help? ...

"...have 12 Hour Window To Complete Your Daily Schedule."
Nov 25, 2012

This may sound like a good thing, like they're allowing flexibility with your shift, but the reality is that with frequent NJA, it'll take you 12 hours of hovering over your computer just to get 8 hours of pay. What a crock. ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Is It Schedule II Narcotics Or Schedule 2 Narcotics? See It Both Ways...
Sep 19, 2014

New LPH Minimum
Dec 04, 2014

New (converted) LPH minimum is 100. Which means 200 lph if you do mostly editing. ...

Minimum Lph.
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone know what the minimum lph is now? ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

What Happens When You Get Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 14, 2010

I'm worried if I suffer another .03 cent decrease I may drop below minimum wage.  How do we indicate that to somebody?  Is it calculated per pay period - or what? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

LPH Minimum. Be Sure To Keep Track Of All Those
Jul 16, 2013

a job to upload. All those add up and if you don't clock out for them it will go against your LPH and make a difference in your assessments.  ...

Minimum Wage In MA And MUP
Nov 20, 2013

Massachusetts may well pass a minimum wage of $11 (over 3 years).  It's passed the state senate.  Parts of WA (Seatac) actually have a $15 minimum wage.  Wonder what Nuance will do about MUP now, since so many in those states will be getting it.  Could get interesting.  ...

DC Minimum Wage
Dec 18, 2013

Okay, so I read by 2015, DC wants minimum wage to be $11.50 an hour. I'm assuming by that time Nuance will make our minimum line count reflect this increase - approximately 280 lph, especially since WE NEVER GET A RAISE. ...

Help! Can't Make Minimum LPH
Oct 21, 2014

My primary account is a straight typing account. I can't consistently make the minimum line count of 150 lph in our 8 hours. I use my shorthand and as many normals as i can, but I'm making no money. How is everyone doing this? Plus for VR it's only 180 lph. Seems like actually typing the lph should be lower. Someone please tell me how to get enough lines in!! Would quit in a heartbeat if I could, but a little pay is better than no pay, though I am still looking. ...

Minimum Wage?
Oct 29, 2014

just wondering if anyone knows...is there any kind of rule for paying you a minimum wage if your income with MM drops below the minimum wage? ...

At Least Got Minimum Wage
Dec 17, 2014

Bottom line is, regardless of the new pay rules, it's hard to even make above minimum wage before or after the new rules. So at least federal law guarantees minimum wage. Beyond that, my goal is to get out of this field and leave this MTSO company ASAP, though it won't happen overnight. ...

Minimum Wage
Jan 25, 2015

A $15.00 minimum wage would equate to 375 lines per hour at .04 per line. That's 3000 lines a day for an 8 hour day! The best I have ever done was 2700 lines editing in an 8 hour day and that was only once and someplace where I had been doing the same doctors for 6 years. Guess I would get fired for always getting MUP. And by the way, that's 428 lines per hour (3424 lines per day) at .035 per line and 500 lines per hour at 0.03 (4000 lines per day). If more cities raise the ...

TTS - Minimum Production
Mar 28, 2015

I'm curious if anyone is making minimum production with TTS, 125 LPH transcription and 250 LPH editing?   If so, can you give any tips regarding what you cut out?  Proofing, research, etc?  How do you handle the long pauses in dictation?  Anyone use the "Skip Silent" command?   I can see 125 LPH for transcription but 250 for editing when you have to lose production with poor dictators?    Thanks for any feedback! ...

Transtech - What Their Minimum QA Scores Are?
Oct 22, 2009

Does anybody know what their minimum QA scores are? They have postings for QA and MT but no mention it.  I do good work but don't want to be nitpicked to death for a 99.9% score. Thx. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

What Should We Do If We Earn Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 02, 2010

Are we supposed to report this to someone?  Plus, since our earnings may fluctuate from pay to pay, what do we do then?  ...

Concern About Minimum Wage
Mar 15, 2010

My ASR rate x 100 is less than minimum wage.  My transcription rate x 100 is just slightly higher than minimum wage.  I wonder if MQ is planning to increase the minimum lph to 150.  ...

Do You Always Make Your Minimum Requirement
Mar 16, 2010

on your lines?  I have the worst time staying focused and get worried at the end of every pay period if I haven't met my minimum line requirement.  I get paid more on minimum wage anyway.  Do you always make your line minimum requirement? ...