A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fragment versus complete...having a hard time! - TT

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue.

Is this fragment or complete? I am so confused. I would want to add a "was," but does it not having a "was" or "is" make it incomplete? I have been researching grammar, but I know sometimes medical fragment sentences tend to be acceptable.

It looks complete as a sentence, do you mean - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
the doc didn't say #15 blade?

Yes, this is a complete sentence - MT in CA

[ In Reply To ..]
"Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue"

Yes, this is a complete sentence (although it is a "clipped" one).

The subject is "cut" and the verb is "made." Adding the word "was" or "is" is really only refining the tense of the verb (to either past tense or present tense).

Also, as an unrelated side note, whenever I have a dictator that dictates "15 blade" instead of #15 blade, I always hypenate this as "15-blade."

Really? Hyphenated - TLMom

[ In Reply To ..]
15 blade should not be hyphenated should it? Isn't that actually wrong?

I'm trying to be sure as there are TONS of MTs who type it this way, and to me it shouldn't be hyphenated.

Similar Messages:

Andrews Coding: Time To Complete?
Jun 30, 2013

One thing I haven't seen posted re: Andrews is a reasonable expectation of a timeframe for an experienced MT to complete their program.  What has been everybody's experience thus far? I realize we all have different home situations and some are pulled in more directions than others.  I work full-time.  Kids are no longer underfoot.  Not caring for parents as they are deceased already.  No yard to tend. I've found myself cornered into an untenab ...

Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am a recent MT graduate.  I have been completing application after application and I either get an email saying that they are looking for 2 or more years experience, they are not currently hiring, or no response at all.  I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to how to go about getting a foot in the door.  I am getting really discouraged and this process is so grueling!! ...

Having Hard Time Finding A Job As An MT
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I have recently completed a MT course.  I am finding it very difficult to find work...I have completed several applications and keep getting emails that say they are looking for more experience, they are not currently hiring, or I get no response at all. I am just looking for some advice from anyone if they have any suggestions about getting into a job. This process is very grueling! ...

If You Are Having A Hard Time This Christmas
Dec 25, 2012

Dolly Parton - Hard Candy Christmas w/Lyrics - YouTube ...

I'm Having A REALLY Hard Time Believing
Dec 27, 2014

There are these 3 horrible ESLs, and I mean HORRIBLE--I cannot believe they are even allowed to dictate they are so all over place, mispronouncing every third word-- but my question is WHY, out of all the other fairly good dictators I do on a regular basis, are THESE 3 constantly being audited.  If I really believed it was random, (and I just can't) I would have less of a problem with this whole Fiesa thing.  But WHERE are the audits on the reports by the GREAT dictators?&nbs ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Having A Hard Time Finding Clients
Apr 02, 2010

I have been a MT for three years.  I have been working for somebody else and have recently decided to start up my own business.  I have sent out over 200 letters/business cards to area doctors and thought for sure it would produce a better return.  I was just wondering if anybody has any advice.  I'm trying not to get discouraged and I just keep plugging along but I'm open to any and all thoughts.  Thanks in advance! ...

Any Other WMXers Having A Hard Time Concentrating?
May 05, 2011

I used to be a high producer. Now I just don't care. I dread having to start work everyday.  They have completely squelched my spirit and have sucked the life out of me. Now I'm just praying for a miracle so I can get them out of my life. They don't deserve me. ...

Having Such A Hard Time Finding Employment
Aug 22, 2011

Kicking myself for not having any acute care experience, big time.   11 years experience in other areas and I can't seem to make any headway.  Anyway, if you test for a position that states immediately hiring, how long should you wait before inquiring about how you did and/or when they are making any decisions?  A week? More?  It has been about 1/2 a week.  I just wondered.  I know they probably had a lot of tests to go through...but when they say immedia ...

Still Can't Get Into MQ Mail And Having Hard Time Getting Into The Website At All After I Sign
Jun 24, 2010

nm ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

Advice For Increasing Productivity In VR Editing? I Have A Hard Time Matching What I Made Typing.
Mar 08, 2012

Thanks for sharing ...

Time Versus Line Rate
May 18, 2011

The problem is not getting paid for time incurred.  You get paid for lines but not time.  Also, transcription is very gender-biased.  Management knows all you nice gals will never revolt and will just go on working for peanuts and accept being cheated every way they can figure out to cheat you.  ...

Independent Versus Full Time Employee
Sep 14, 2010

What is the benefit of working as an independent? Is the pay different? ...

Time Versus Money - Long Commute
Aug 01, 2012

I am doing some thinking about what is important to me. I have been looking at jobs on Indeed.com and found 2 coding jobs that I might qualify for down the line, but they both involve a 1-1/2 hour commute via public transportation each way. So that's 3 hours a day getting there and back. After working at home more than 10 years, that idea seems very daunting to me. I could look for work closer to home, but the pay would be considerably less doing outpatient coding for a dr's office ...

Calculating Lines Per Hour Versus Time Worked
May 14, 2010

Hi everyone:) Just wanted to know how to calculate a line rate based on the number of hours worked, which is for Transcend.  Got a "not so nice" message from my TL saying I had better adjust my lines AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to make it balance out with the # of lines I am producing, or else!!  I would like to know if 1 of you kind, wonderful MTs would help me.  Thanks!! ...

S/l In The Free Fragment
Feb 10, 2010

MRI scan does show an L4-L5 disc and L5-S1 disc in the free fragment in the disc canal.   I am unsure of the part underlined, as I have never head that before. tia.   ...

Question About Fragment...Is This One?
Sep 25, 2010

Is, "Delivered the infant over a midline incision" a sentence fragment because "I" is left out? I am on a verbatim account, but we are not to use sentence fragments. Dictator clearly does not say "I," and I am wondering whether I should add that in? I have only been working for a month and am feeling a little confused now. I was docked some points last week for leaving the I in this type of report out, but yesterday I was not docked, so now I am feeling helpless. Thank you! ...

Is Ununited Bone Fragment Correct?
Apr 14, 2011

The procedure is removing ununited bone fragments from great toe. thanks. ...

Tranpositional Capital Fragment Osteotomy
Feb 18, 2012

Tranpositional capital fragment osteotomy in rectus alignment with good sesamoid positioning noted.  The s/l "hyroid" demonstrates no evidence of displacement. Thank you ...

*AL* Small Fragment Locking Screwdriver
Aug 28, 2013

The doc dictates what sounds like *A-L*.  I am not familiar with a brand called A L. ...

Mildly Comminuted Posteriorly But Overall 1 Large Fragment S/l (constituted) The Entire Medial Malle
Feb 05, 2010

Sounds like constituted but that doesn't seem to make much sense to me in an orthopedics report. I'm such a noob. ...

Are The Upgrades Complete?
Oct 17, 2009

If so, I don't understand why we can't see the messages posted in each forum...   All you see are the latest messages posted.   Just curious if this is the final form of the forums.   P.S.  It still says 'SWITH' on the post a new message screen. ...

Complete Mystery
Mar 25, 2010

I will never, never, never understand how all these doctors went through all those years of medical school and learned to be doctors but never learned to speak decent English.  I have been wondering this for 8 years, and probably always will.  I was led to believe medical school was not easy.  I was led to believe learning English IS easy.   Pretty soon I guess I will be led to believe that there really are orange and purple polka dotted elephants hiding under the baseme ...

With Whom Did You Complete Your MT Training?
Jul 01, 2010

To those of you who have completed a transcription course, who did you go through and why?  I don't know if this is too specific to ask here, but I did not see any rules against asking about the schooling.  I have been an MT for eight years, and received OTJ training, plus I have an extensive medical background prior to transcribing.  However, I have a friend who would like to complete a program, and while I have a few schools/programs in mind to refer her to, I would like to ...

Complete Information In Job Ads
Sep 22, 2010

It would be helpful and save time on both ends and lots of paperwork and hemming and hawing if the line rate, hours, bennies, requirements, etc., were given with each ad (I know some do this already)  and then people could apply with that knowledge in hand and present themselves accordingly.  The correct applicant would be applying for the correct job.  Win/win.  I mean, what's the big secret?  Since we are all lumped together no matter how many years of experi ...

SBE Or SVE Was Complete During Course Of Labor
Apr 14, 2013

nm ...

Complete Osseous Survey - SM
Nov 27, 2009

"There are multiple prominent s/l DASH UH DE GROOVES within the skull."  Brain cramp.  Help!  What in the world could this be?  Thanks! ...