A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Total and complete mismanagement - sm

Posted: Nov 17, 2014

Have everyone work on the weekends so there's work come Monday morning. Spend entire days Monday through Friday, 10-16 hours per day, trying to get work, but only being clocked in for 6 to 8. But if you're anything higher than an MLS, you've got it made. You can adhere to your schedule AND have a life. I wish I could write how I really feel about these wage thieves.

Look at the money they're losing. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
For people so greedy, Nuance big shots are really losing a lot of money by overhiring, training the newbies (who eventually quit within a few months), allowing people to sit idle and get MUP, having too many TSMs and COMs for the amount of work available (which is not much these days) and paying said TSMs and COMs the big bucks, and having too many other nonrevenue-producing employees and paying their paychecks, bonuses, benefits, etc. This is in addition to paying whatever outside consultants they enlist in their mad ways to take more and more from the very people who allow them to have it all. It's not rocket science.

Too many TSMs and too many COMs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Get rid of dead weight or those who don't pull their weight and spend their time researching recipes and telling us about the delights of their vacations. Give that money back to the MTs, you know, the ones who make it possible for you to be a millionaire.

Similar Messages:

Softscript Mismanagement
Oct 11, 2009

Sounds very possible that SS will go the way of TRS and MDI.  The posts below sound eerily similar to the TRS and MDI sagas.  If I were a betting man, I’d wager that, like TRS and MDI, the company will fail/sell out and be absorbed by a bigger one.  Bob and Dorothy walked off with millions, and it would not be the least bit surprising if SS executives did too.   Out of work with SoftScript - confused Posted: Oct 8th, 2009 - 9:17 pm I find it funny how SoftScript is ...

New Management Or MISmanagement?
Feb 19, 2014

Ever since getting a new COM, we've had no work. It started out slowly, but now it's every single day for several hours constantly in the morning and then intermittently throughout the day. All of our accounts are now overstaffed. I'm profiled for 5, which is VERY difficult! Are we supposed to sit here all day trying to work? How can this not be obvious to the COM's boss, whoever that may be? ...

MModal Mismanagement
Mar 24, 2015

I offer free office space to a long-time friend and MT/Editor. I've watched and listened to the ups and mostly downs of MModal. I've also spent time over the months reading this board and seeing similar complaints and events that are comparable to my friends experience. Bankruptcy can happen to companies and corrective action taken. However, when you have consistent CEO and top management turnover something is up. The latest and greatest fearless leader, one week into their job, init ...

Are The Upgrades Complete?
Oct 17, 2009

If so, I don't understand why we can't see the messages posted in each forum...   All you see are the latest messages posted.   Just curious if this is the final form of the forums.   P.S.  It still says 'SWITH' on the post a new message screen. ...

Complete Mystery
Mar 25, 2010

I will never, never, never understand how all these doctors went through all those years of medical school and learned to be doctors but never learned to speak decent English.  I have been wondering this for 8 years, and probably always will.  I was led to believe medical school was not easy.  I was led to believe learning English IS easy.   Pretty soon I guess I will be led to believe that there really are orange and purple polka dotted elephants hiding under the baseme ...

With Whom Did You Complete Your MT Training?
Jul 01, 2010

To those of you who have completed a transcription course, who did you go through and why?  I don't know if this is too specific to ask here, but I did not see any rules against asking about the schooling.  I have been an MT for eight years, and received OTJ training, plus I have an extensive medical background prior to transcribing.  However, I have a friend who would like to complete a program, and while I have a few schools/programs in mind to refer her to, I would like to ...

Complete Information In Job Ads
Sep 22, 2010

It would be helpful and save time on both ends and lots of paperwork and hemming and hawing if the line rate, hours, bennies, requirements, etc., were given with each ad (I know some do this already)  and then people could apply with that knowledge in hand and present themselves accordingly.  The correct applicant would be applying for the correct job.  Win/win.  I mean, what's the big secret?  Since we are all lumped together no matter how many years of experi ...

SBE Or SVE Was Complete During Course Of Labor
Apr 14, 2013

nm ...

Complete Osseous Survey - SM
Nov 27, 2009

"There are multiple prominent s/l DASH UH DE GROOVES within the skull."  Brain cramp.  Help!  What in the world could this be?  Thanks! ...

Do Ya Think I'll Ever Have Enough Work To Complete A Shift
Aug 30, 2010

I want to work!  I want to earn a check.  Is that too much to ask? ...

Complete List Of OCPs
Jul 14, 2011

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of oral contraceptive pills? ...

How Long To Complete 550 Lines?
Apr 17, 2014

The company I am testing with requires 550 lines per day for part time.  I know there are many factors, but on average how many hours does that take?  I currently work part time and get paid by the hour.   I have never been paid by the line.  I really like my current job, but may be laid off in June or July.   For now, I would do both jobs.  I also have two young children and don't want to take on too much.  Any info would be great! ...

Andrews Coding: Time To Complete?
Jun 30, 2013

One thing I haven't seen posted re: Andrews is a reasonable expectation of a timeframe for an experienced MT to complete their program.  What has been everybody's experience thus far? I realize we all have different home situations and some are pulled in more directions than others.  I work full-time.  Kids are no longer underfoot.  Not caring for parents as they are deceased already.  No yard to tend. I've found myself cornered into an untenab ...

Career Step - How Long It Took Some Of You To Complete The Program
Oct 21, 2009

I am currently enrolled in the Career Step program and I am wondering how long it took some of you to complete the program. I am a mother to 3 kiddos and I don't have time to work on it every single day. It seems a bit overwhelming if you look at all of the reports there are to transcribe. So, how long did it take for you to complete the program? Thanks, MT Mommy 2B ...

Fragment Versus Complete...having A Hard Time!
Oct 26, 2010

Cut made with a 15 blade into deep tissue. Is this fragment or complete? I am so confused. I would want to add a "was," but does it not having a "was" or "is" make it incomplete? I have been researching grammar, but I know sometimes medical fragment sentences tend to be acceptable. ...

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

Silver's Gold (or Cold) Test? See Complete Sentence Below
Jan 28, 2014

He also has a positive silver's (or Sever's) gold (or cold) test on the right with increased dorsiflexion when his knee is in flexion.          The patient has Sever's disease.  Thanks. ...

Total Hip
Dec 14, 2009

Patient had bilateral total hip arthroplasties.  Under radiographs DR dictates "good calcar s/l nerve resporption."  I know calcar resporption is appropriate in this context, but I have never heard nerve dictated along with it.  Is this common or could I be hearing a stutter?  Thanks! ...

Total Hip Arthroplasty
Dec 08, 2009

A couple of things I just cant understand, this DR sounds like he is drunk this morning! "status post left s/l amelano total hip arthroplasty for AVN with collapse" "internal and external range of motion over the s/l sick or sit joint is quite benign"  Patient received an injection into the SI joint, so I am wondering if he is saying SIC joint.  Is the sacroiliac joint abbreviated in this way sometimes?  Cannot reference that. Dr is getting ESR, CRP and sed rate to make sure there is ...

TCI Total Source
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone ever heard of this company?  They emailed me with an offer for an IC position, and I have no idea where they got my email.  Just curious if anyone works for them or knows anything about them. ...

12 Jobs All Together Now In Total USA- NM
Jan 27, 2013

NM ...

Sparring With Total Strangers.
Nov 25, 2009

I am used to people acting professional on these boards. I suggest, to all of you who like to slam people that are total stranters, to at least have the professionalism to address others on this board with some respect. Hearing acidic remarks from total strangers doesn't invite a professional response. I thought this was what this board was about.   Ms. Diane Mortier ...

I Had A Total Of 3 Reports To Type
Jul 14, 2010

Just 3 reports for the last 10 hours.  Keep checking and NO JOBS AVAILABLE!  Moved to another group with primary.  My old CCM said I would have more work if I move with my primary, instead, it turned out to be the opposite.  ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty
Sep 13, 2010

The cutting block was locked in position utilizing the (s/l 4 10 stylus).  If I am hearing that right, do I hyphenate 4-10...? Thanks... ...

Total Hysterectomy~Clamps?
Dec 19, 2010

Okay, I can't make out what type of clamp he would be using.   "The uterus was then clamped at the adnexa with large s/l K **"enely" ?? clamps". thanks in advance.   bv ...

Just Had A Doc, Total Stranger, Never Typed Before,
Mar 18, 2011

I had a great weekend.  It was so nice.  Takes so little to make me a happy camper anymore. ...

Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Apr 19, 2011

5 out of 5 bilateral strength in EHL, FHL, GSC, and TA.  What do these stand for??? I know tibialis anterior but what are the other three?? ...

Well.....I Took The Total Lines I Did Last Week....
Jun 04, 2012

of course, most of the lines are VR but, I totaled my lines and the amount of $$ I made.  Then I took the amount of straight typing lines I used to do and x by 8 cpl.  I have more lines doing both straight and VR, BUT less pay.    I averaged 1200/1300 lines per day working usually 6 hours (no set time schedule, just a mandatory "full-time" amount at old job).   Last week, I missed 3 hours of work but did 7068 of a mix of ST and VR.  Made almost 200 bucks les ...

Total System Hours?
Jul 24, 2012

Can someone please explain to me how the "total system hours" are calculated? My manager is always complaining that there shouldn't be a big difference between your hours clocked in on Webclock and your "total system hours" in Enterprise. I am wondering how they calculate these as I know it is not the time that you are clocked into Enterprise. I am guessing that they are somehow able to determine when you are actively working in Enterprise--typing, listening to audio, etc.? The thing that c ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On TCI Total Source? Sm
Oct 12, 2012

I searched the archives and didn't come up with anything.  Just wondering if anyone has any info they are willing to share about this company. ...