Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I don't doubt that someone can make 25 to 30 an hour, as I - too can do the same, sm

Posted: Feb 11th, 2022 - 7:34 am In Reply to: YOU ARE FOS - Nunya

when there is actually something to type. I went from making between 50,000 and 60,000 a year to around 35,000 due to COVID and have seen no relief. I've also taken multiple jobs in the past 15 years (MT for 30) that actually don't have the work, so a lot of time spent just waiting for something to type, which gets in the way of that hourly wage. My only question would be how someone is making any money typing on an account that doesn't pay for spaces. That makes a huge difference in pay. I have resorted to doing legal along with medical and the legal is a nightmare. Apparently, all it takes to be a court reporter is pushing the on and off button of a recorder. A lot of depositions are being done through Zoom, which is terrible audio and when you have a reporter who actually does nothing and their notes are filled with nothing, it takes longer to type these transcripts. Yeah, I'd say if you're looking for an alternative try court reporting because they do very little and leave it up to the transcriptionist to do their jobs. Whenever I hear an attorney ask for a read back, I've got my fingers crossed the CR was actually paying attention. I'm not sure this poster is FOS because I've been there, done that, made the money and was on cloud nine because of it. Not so much anymore though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)