Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

AI - H

Posted: Jan 26th, 2022 - 10:10 am In Reply to: Read an article that AI has about 95% accuracy - sm

AI is not accurate, at all. I worked at a phone captioning company around 2009-ish and it was really awful and frustrating. We used Dragon, I believe. I would type the words out instead of repeating them and that would get me in trouble, but those people are paying for a service and it just wasn't right..

I thought that by 2021 things would have greatly improved with VR. Even if the audio is perfectly clear and pristine, the way people speak differently, the speed they talk, the slang they use, overlapping speech, all of the many factors that come into play.. There is just no way AI can replace a human transcriptionist. How sad to know that the company spent TONS of (government grant) money on AI instead of paying the transcriptionists more, then having them do TWICE the work for LESS pay.. A slap in the face. Straight typing is so much more practical.

So, if any actual transcriptionist wants to come on here and defend VIQ (and I suspected the higher-ups at VIQ would do just that because I've seen them do it many times) I really don't know what to tell you. If you want to settle for that and pretend it's okay, that's cool. I personally think it would be much more worth it to work at McDonalds than do that BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)