Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Warning about Nacogdoches Transcription - Proceed with caution

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2021 - 11:54 am

They are currently hiring and have posted an ad on the MTU Facebook page, but I wanted to share my experience to serve as a fair warning to others who may be thinking of applying.  These people only hire when they are in a major bind and behind on their backlog.  The trainer/QA person, SC, is extremely rude, condescending, and arrogant and nitpicks your work to death, right down to the every last comma.  She would call me at 9 o'clock at night when I wasn't even working to berate me.  I've been an MT for over 25 years and have also spent a good bit of time working in QA and I've never had my work scrutinized like that.  I have a couple of friends (who are also excellent and highly experienced MTs) who have also tried working for this company and had an identical experience.  They typically keep you on board for a couple of weeks or so to help get them caught up and then let you go, claiming that your quality wasn't up to snuff.  Then, when they get in a bind again, they will hire more MTs and repeat the cycle.  I sincerely believe that they fabricate errors that you really did not make in their buildup of an excuse to let you go once they are caught up.  I quit before they could do that to me.  I just couldn't take one more day of it.  I was there for about a week and a half to two weeks and they never paid me for my work.  Lastly, they do NOT pay for spaces.  It's all VBC, so that 9 or 10 cpl rate they offer isn't nearly as glamorous as it sounds because it works out to much less when you don't count spaces.  You'd be much better off at a job that pays 8 cpl and includes spaces.  Please proceed with caution with this company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)