Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I'm another Nacogdoches victim - Crazy

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2021 - 12:57 pm In Reply to: Warning about Nacogdoches Transcription - Proceed with caution

Wow. Everyone's experiences with this company sound exactly like mine. Same scenario. They hired me, but no paperwork anywhere in sight. I asked how I would be paid if they didn't have my bank account info for direct deposit and was told they would "take care of that later." I took an employee position, but they never sent me a W2. I was confused as to how I was allowed to start work without this. They claimed I had done extremely well on their test, but once the real work began, you would think I was the worst MT they had ever seen. The trainer kept telling me that I was getting numbers wrong in the lab values and that I had made all sorts of other errors. I didn't understand how this was possible. The dictators were quite clear and I know that I did not mishear them or make any typos. I always proofread my work. SC would call me and the first thing she would say was, "I went over your work with Christina and we're a bit concerned...." Bite me, woman. You people are the only ones who have ever had "concerns" about my work.

After a couple of weeks of this nonsense, they finally let me go, claiming that I wasn't good enough. Funny. I've been an MT since the late 90s and I've never been let go for poor quality before. In fact, none of my previous employers ever had any gripes about my work. Thank goodness my old job was more than willing to take me right back. I guess it's at least good to know that it wasn't me that was the problem and that they pull these same shenanigans with pretty much everyone. I'm grateful that you have all shared your experiences with this company. It makes me feel as though I'm not alone. I just feel awful for the MTs who go to work for Nacogdoches and think that it's going to be a great job and an good, reliable source of income. I am hopeful that at least some of them will see these posts and think twice before taking a job with this company. Oh, and they don't pay for spaces either. That's just another way for them to screw over and take advantage of hardworking MTs. Even though it doesn't produce a visible character, the space bar is still a keystroke and every transcriptionist should be paid for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)