Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Here come the Andrews crew lol .. (Views: 46)

So tired of No Work Available status - anon

Posted: Feb 8th, 2016 - 11:56 am

Thank goodness I have an exit plan.  Over the years, my biggest complaint with many transcription services has been a lack of work.  I have finally hit the end of this career.  Yes, in the past, I considered this a career.  In recent years, I have considered it a job, and not a very well paid one at that. 

I have always worked as an independent contractor (IC) and over time, the services have altered their requirements to include that we must work a set schedule and minimum lines in that scheduled time.  This company has had a decline in their workforce by 20 percent in the past year.  They keep placing ads for ICs on a regular basis, although on most days the dreaded 'no work available' situation occurs for a large chunk of a person's shift.  They also advertise the pay as being less and less, typical of most of the companies. This company wants the TAT to be tight, they don't care if their ICs have work or not.  The company also sends work to other small MTSOs instead of having the work available for their contracted ICs.  What became of business morals? 

I am so tired of wasting my time.  I have eliminated abusive people in my life, and it's time to eliminate an abusive employer.  I honestly hope these companies crash and burn. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)