A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone suggest a good website for names of knee braces? (sm) - anon

Posted: Jan 28, 2010

I can hear some type of tracker brace but cannot understand clearly what is being said before that.  Have googled tracker braces but wondered if someone had a good site that they use often.

TIA

Stedman's has a *Tracker knee brace* listed - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Can Anyone Suggest A Good File Transfer Program?
Jan 11, 2010

x ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good MTSO With Acute Care Work?
Dec 16, 2011

Over 28 years experience, about 26 years of acute care.  Now doing clinic work, which is kiling me financially! The reason I'm in clinic work is because I was a Spheris employee and former MQ, but did not want to go back to MQ when they bought Spheris.  I am now doing mainly VR clinic work and obviously, it's killing my paycheck. I am quite sure even VR acute care would be better, but I would prefer straight transcription or majority of it transcription. I would work evening ...

Need A Good Site To Look Up Doc Names. Sm
Jan 31, 2012

I am needing a good site to search for docs for particular states.  I've been using NPI, but the doc I am trying to find is not coming up.  He/she has an unusual name and it is being dictated by another doc who is struggling to pronounce it.  The doc I am needing to do a search on right now is in Missouri.  I don't know the clinic.  I only know that the patient is to follow with him/her for diabetes. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Website To Look Up Medications?
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Word Reference Website?
Mar 11, 2010

I would like to have access to one that gives both the plural and singular form of a word, whichever one you were to look up. Thank you! ...

Anyone Know Good Website For Sample Op Reports?
Jun 10, 2010

nm ...

Legal Transcription - Good Website References
May 16, 2012

Hi!  I used to work for MQ, frequented this board often and appreciated the sound advice.  I have since retired from the medical transcription industry.  Recently I was asked to transcribe some recorded conversations that will ultimately be read aloud in court for a child custody case.  I'm not worried about the actual transcribing, just about proper formatting and such.  I would also like to know an approximate amount to charge, i.e., by the line, by the page, by the hour, etc.?  C ...

S/l Kaleratto Foot Braces
Jan 02, 2011

This is in a podiatry report.  The patient just complains of pain in bilateral feet.  The doc says, "The patient has been wearing his s/l Cala + ratto braces.   ...

Has Good Knee And Ankle Range Of Motion With Symmetric *waistfuls*
Aug 17, 2010

He has a symmetric gait.  He has symmetric *waistfuls* (Pediatric Ortho) Thanks! ...

Go To The "other" MT Website For A Good Laugh (latest Job Post Is Ridiculous) Sm
Sep 05, 2014

0.15/per report edited, 0.25/per report templated, 0.50/per report transcribed. Ridiculous!! ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Suggest Me A Site
Oct 08, 2013

Guys,   Need a help.  As you know, UPIN (upin.ecare.com) has been discontinued.  Plz suggest me a site like UPIN which was very useful in searching docs, especially name spellings.     Thnx in advance,   Cindy ...

For All Who Would Suggest Not Paying For An MT Program
Dec 28, 2012

So for those here who would suggest not paying for an MT program and I definitely understand why what would you suggest as the way to get any type of experience so that I might have a better chance to get an MT job ? Even part time would be helpful at this point ! ...

Time To Update My Ref Books, Dictionaries, Etc. What Do You Suggest?
Jan 18, 2011

My reference resources are starting to show their age and I've decided to update them this year. I would like an opinion as to what is really worth the $$. Ability to use within Word 2010 is a plus and CD's are preferable to books. *Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book ($41.95) vs QuickLook ($49). I currently have Saunders and really love it due to the fact that it regularly self-updates, shows methods of admin, dosages, gen/Rx, and indications for use, but is expired now and drugs are ...

S/l Ac-knee-ik /hi-pok-knee-ik, Full Sentence In Sm, TIA!
Nov 14, 2011

Frequent ackneic-hypokneic episodes were recorded as were epileptiform potentials. ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

Doc Names, Etc
Aug 11, 2011

Can someone explain to me why, if I get paid by the line, I spend so much time looking up doctor names, facility names, the local burger joint, etc, but I don't get paid for that? ??  I am going to throw in the towel with transcription and look for a job that pays by the hour.  This line stuff is a joke.  Can't get up speed or stay with a rhythm for stopping to try to find names of people, places and things. ...

Names On W2's
Jan 25, 2015

Anyone notice their W2 now actually says Nuance Transcription Services and no longer Transcend DBA Nuance... Last year there were lots of comments about our W2's (all of us, not just those who came in from Transcend) saying Transcend.  I even wrote HR to see what was up with that. They never told us about the change to Transcend and certainly didn't mention the change back to Nuance. Oh well.  Just an observation. ...

We Need POD Names
Mar 25, 2015

etc anymore.  Ideas? ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

LOOKING UP NAMES AND ADDRESSES
Nov 12, 2009

Does anyone else ever have a problem with a doctor/nurse, etc. who sends out letters or just on regular reports who gives no complete names or addresses?  We have a place to go look them up but it does sometimes take a chunk out of my time doing it.  One or two minutes means a lot sometimes.  I have one doctor who dictates letters to "Dr. Smith, Dr. Jones," etc. and there are only about 10 of each of those listed and sometimes you cannot tell what the specialty is to look it up.&n ...

Rx - Brand Names
Jan 05, 2010

When typing a name like Topicort - if it is cream or ointment, are those capitalized?  Also Selsun shampoo - is the word shampoo capitalized?  Thanks ...

Help On Medicaton Names: S/l Di-mop-er-ide And S/l Am-a-fed.
Aug 27, 2010

Only lists lupus as PMH, so nothing much to go by.  TIA!!! ...

Excessive Use Of Pts Names.
Jun 16, 2011

I just did a report that only had 14 lines and the pts name was used, Mr. XXXXX, a total of 16 times.  The report ended up sounding so stupid. ...

Military Names
Feb 02, 2012

Doctor dictates   The patient is apprehensive about his upcoming assignment with the Army.    Capitalize Army???? ...

Patient Names
Mar 15, 2012

So, this being the most friendly and up-to-date board around regarding MT practices, can I get some opinions about the HIPAA 'privacy rule' and your doctors using patient names in their notes, clinic or otherwise. I am not sure how an HIM department can say to a physician how using a patient name in a transcribed report is not going against the Privacy rule in HIPAA.  This kind of stuff just irks me!!!Any comments??  Thanks in advance.... ...

I'm DONE Trying To Decipher Names
Aug 14, 2012

99% of the wasted "down time" I have in my work day is trying to decipher doctor names, patient names, referral names, dictator names, resident/assistant names and I'm literally sick to death of it.  From now on if I don't hear the name the VERY FIRST TIME it's said it's going to be LEFT BLANK.  No more listening to it over and over and over and over trying to catch the first syllable or the last, or even a piece of the name - I sometimes spend 5 whole minutes PER R ...

Vaccination Names
Aug 31, 2012

I am pretty sure I read this in BOS but can't seem to find it now.  Do you capitalize something like tetanus when it refers to the vaccine and not the actual condition?  As in Tetanus Vaccine or Tetanus vaccine to prevent tetanus. ...

Proper Names
Apr 10, 2013

It must be too early.  I've talked myself in and out of this but need a little help here.  In names such as Martinez, when the sentence is, "she was sent from Dr. Martinez's office" is it Martinez's or Martinez'.  Told you it was early.  Would appreciate the help please.  Thank you.  ...