A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Go to the "other" MT website for a good laugh (latest job post is ridiculous) sm - FastRadMT

Posted: Sep 05, 2014

0.15/per report edited, 0.25/per report templated, 0.50/per report transcribed. Ridiculous!!

I laughed, too! - april

[ In Reply To ..]
At my present job I edit and transcribe about 100 or so radiology reports per day. Let's say 90 are edited, that would be $13.50, then transcribe the other 10, which would be $5.00. I would make a whopping $18.50 for an eight-hour day. That comes out to $2.31 per hour! Are they nuts??

Newbies and Desparates -- PLEASE READ! - april

[ In Reply To ..]
So you have finally finished your schooling and really want to get your foot in the door. You wanted to save on daycare and work at home. I've been there, done that. This is what it is really like.

You have a baby that is crying to be fed ... interruption. You have a toddler or two crawling under your desk, stepping or sitting on the foot pedal. You finally just have to stop and give them something to do ... interruption. That lasts 20 or 30 minutes, and then all over again. You can't stand the crying anymore, so you have to nurse the baby ... interruption. Even though you are on the no-call list, telemarketers are calling ... interruption. Your friends and relatives think that since you work at home they can call and chat ... interruption. You want to get faster, so you stop constantly to make word expanders ... interruption.

The numbers I mentioned in the previous post are with 30+ years of experience, 110-120 wpm, and 5500+ word expanders already created.

Newbies, do not fool yourself. You will be slow at first, trying to figure out the medical jargon .. is it supra-, super-, supero-, etc. So you are jumping to the Internet to figure it out, and, again, you are trying to get in those new word expanders. And don't forget the 100 account specs you need to memorize and keep in the back of your mind while you are typing, and don't forget to follow the ADHI Book of Style at all times. You struggle to understand the anatomy and terminology of a lengthy MR angiogram, maybe takes you a half hour, and you make a whopping 15 cents. You will probably be lucky if you do 50 reports a day.

So maybe you make $8.00 a day. Good, now you can maybe buy a chuck roast if it is on sale. But what about the potatoes, carrots, bread, and salad? Yeah, they cost money, too. And don't forget you need to pay taxes on that money, maybe insurance, and then there are the rent/mortgage, utilities, breakfast, lunch, snacks for the kids and maybe baby formula, diapers, clothing, school supplies, doctor bills, medications, etc., etc. And all the while, your husband is complaining to you constantly that you are not making enough money.

I hope they get absolutely zero resumes, and if you have already sent one in you come to your senses. You are setting the price for our services, lower and lower. You get laid off, and the next job offers you 10 cents a report. It just keeps going down, down. Your dream of working at home turns into a nightmare.

Again, I hope they get zero, zero, zero resumes!

Before our MT department got outsourced, - Lotus - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
we were making $21-$23 per hour! However, working for an MTSO, I only made (tops) about $5.50/hour. Still below minimum wage. I was actually getting more money on Unemployment.

omg, could you imagine. - radmt

[ In Reply To ..]
gosh, I barely make enough now!

an old-tymey phrase comes to mind - "pin money" or "mad money"

[ In Reply To ..]
Shirley this must be a job for those bonbon-eating ladies of leisure who just want mental stimulation and don't need a living wage.

A small paycheck used to be called pin money, I reckon because it could only purchase small things like pins (or small-caliber bullets with which one may shoot oneself in the head.)

Good grief. If you want to pay Third-World wages, there is a Third World pool of workers at the ready.

Also laughing at - this part of it

[ In Reply To ..]
"Due to the volume of replies I may not be able to reply back to everyone."

Seriously? THAT many people will be THAT desperate to work for pennies?

Another one we should inundate with emails about - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that low pay.

"other MT website" - Mary Margaret

[ In Reply To ..]
I am new to this. What is the other website you mentioned? Is this rate of pay you mentioned what Mercedes has posted, or something else?

Other site names are not allowed - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
b

Crazy! - OldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Although the ad requested no phone calls "Due to the volume of replies I may not be able to reply back to everyone," I did try to call the office number listed. No answer. This is obviously a small time service. I had every intention of giving them a piece of my mind about inappropriate rates for services.

Any MT with an ounce of sense or a calculator should realize that you could not even make minimum wage with these rates. Totally crazy!

Check out the testimonials on the website - both from what appears to be ESL physicians. Go figure.

Similar Messages:

Laugh For The Day - Seen In Ad On This Website!
Jan 16, 2013

FutureMT.com: MT's can make range of income is up to 28,353/yr for part time work (25hrs/wk) and up to$45,364/yr for full time work (40hrs/wk). Seasoned MTs have been known to earn $60,000/yr to $80,000/yr. ...

These Post Audits Are Getting Ridiculous
Jul 03, 2013

I've had 20 audits in 3 days now, all 99% or higher score with 1 critical error that was really a questionable typo I haven't had time to pull to see if I agree with....think of the money they'd save not QA'ing us to death here.  I've been with the company for years, never failed audits and this is getting almost abusive by them to waste my time sending me this crap which I then have to spend my time, on my own cost, to research and challenge their mistakes in the a ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...

Want To Post My Latest Sage
Feb 20, 2013

if the QA or TCM come on here I am found out...So Ill wait a while..Just a little reminder to keep a paper trail..cause something will bite you in the tail first chance they get... ...

Think If We Were To Post A Website And Nominate
Jan 26, 2010

the worst doctors in the country in terms of their transcription that they would get wind of it and straighten up and fly right?  I don't mean necessarily the ESL docs that are trying their level best.  I mean the ones that just do not care and figure they should be able to dictate however, whenever, wherever they want, doing whatever they want at the same time.  I have had several days on an account that seemed to have nothing but docs that were easy and clean, I made my lin ...

Want A Good Laugh?
Mar 14, 2010

I have to say, this speech recognition is awful.  I am constantly correcting, but listen to this.  I just typed a report for a pt that had an allergic reaction to PEANUTS.  The VR stated that, "The patient had an allergic reaction to PENIS and that the patient stated this time HE did not feel that he had cross contamination to PENIS."  My goodness.  ...

Someone May Get A Good Laugh
Oct 28, 2010

This doctor plain as day said "circus senilis."  I could find no such thing.  I know about arcus senilis, but I thought who am I to say he doesn't know what he is talking about? So I looked up the word "circus."  The last meaning said "a ring or circlet", so I put what he said.  Either he is right or someone will get a good laugh, and I may get a black mark.   What do you think? Should I have just put arcus senilis and assume he made a mistake?  It was jus ...

A GOOD LAUGH
Nov 18, 2010

P.A. just dictated sclerae non-eccentric.  lol ...

Here's A Good Laugh
Jan 22, 2015

Full time position for a medical transcriptionist/front desk receptionist for an outpatient physician owned practice. Transcription duties include listening to digital recordings and converting dictation into written reports. Duties also include reviewing and editing medical documents created using speech recognition technology. Front desk duties include answering the phones, greeting patients, preparing patient charts and scheduling patient appointments. ...

SR Good For A Laugh
May 05, 2015

Per speech recognition: Khan Jectiva Should have been: conjunctivae.... :) ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

I Got A Good Laugh Yesterday
Nov 09, 2011

I got an e-mail encouraging me to test on-line for MQ and submit my resume and they would be anxiously awaiting it and monitoring their system for it to come through so that they could promptly contact me about a position.  I do have a lot of experience in all work types, lots of ESL experience, and my QA reviews have been high, so I know I would be an asset.  I also know from posts over the years that MQ has some huge issues, and I don't see that getting any better. I got an e-m ...

Speaking Of A Good Laugh...
Feb 08, 2012

This Shaw guy is pretty funny, telling all of DSG how great his company is going to be to work for!  As if none of us read this forum and know the truth. I'm really starting to hope this 2012 end of the world stuff actually happens!       ...

For Those Who Need A Reall Good Laugh Today
Feb 08, 2012

As transcribed by ASR:  The patient was able to climb stairs with the erections of the physical therapist.  Do you think he was pushing her up the stairs with his you know what?  (My eyes are still tearing and I can't stop laughing.) ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Website To Look Up Medications?
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Word Reference Website?
Mar 11, 2010

I would like to have access to one that gives both the plural and singular form of a word, whichever one you were to look up. Thank you! ...

Anyone Know Good Website For Sample Op Reports?
Jun 10, 2010

nm ...

Legal Transcription - Good Website References
May 16, 2012

Hi!  I used to work for MQ, frequented this board often and appreciated the sound advice.  I have since retired from the medical transcription industry.  Recently I was asked to transcribe some recorded conversations that will ultimately be read aloud in court for a child custody case.  I'm not worried about the actual transcribing, just about proper formatting and such.  I would also like to know an approximate amount to charge, i.e., by the line, by the page, by the hour, etc.?  C ...

Can Anyone Suggest A Good Website For Names Of Knee Braces? (sm)
Jan 28, 2010

I can hear some type of tracker brace but cannot understand clearly what is being said before that.  Have googled tracker braces but wondered if someone had a good site that they use often. TIA ...

Seems A Good Time To Post This Information Again, For Any New Folks.
Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, thes ...

Low QA .Unless They Review More (laugh, Laugh)
Jun 05, 2015

Well, call me an idiot.  But unless they review another report for the payperiod I will be under the 99 for 2 weeks in a row.   Have been hitting the required mark for weeks on end, but... I think with work low I have been rushing and did make a couple of dumb mistakes.   When you do this on a 30 line report, well.... you know how it goes. Does this qualify you for action plan or anything. Or is it 3 strikes and you are out? ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

This Is Ridiculous
Mar 01, 2011

Pinging in and out. Getting booted off. Losing reports. And what slow reports are coming through are all wrong...wrong patients...wrong data in ASR. I knew when I read that email a couple of days ago that they were going to update the client's database and apologized for any inconvenience this might cause, we were in for trouble. So predictable. Thanks MQ. All I want to do is WORK! ...

Are They Serious?? Wow!! This Is Ridiculous To Say The Least
Nov 23, 2011

So I send resumes to about 20 places yesterday and I get responses.  They say they only pay 8 cpl, but their test is ridiculous for a pathetic 8 cpl.  Forget it MedInk!!! ...

How Ridiculous Is This???
Dec 30, 2011

I am currently doing a doctor who actually spells out "N-O" whenever he says the word no.  I'm ready to scream. ...

Beyond Ridiculous
Nov 03, 2012

One of the docs upset because many of us are leaving the word "and" out of one of his sentences so we got an email instructing us to make a note of this.  Never mind that he dictates at the speed of light on a speakerphone, we need to be sure we get every single little word.  Heaven forbid anyone should ever tell these docs it is their responsibility to slow down and make sure they are understood.  ...

OK, This Is RIDICULOUS!
Jan 08, 2013

I sat here for 2 hours waiting for work, and I finally have a few reports.  Now the sewer just now backed up for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.  ARGHHHHHH!!!!  I have had the plumber out twice already and still owe for one visit!  I make way less than minimum wage most days and am having to depend heavily on my retirement account (I'm only 56).  Feel like everything is raining down on me!  I also had to call a wrecker the other day because I locked myself o ...

Ridiculous Pay
Sep 05, 2013

Is it just me or are a lot of you making minmal wage? ...

Truly Ridiculous
Sep 05, 2014

As if speech rec can't get more annoying and stupid.  Working on a report that had Progresso for progressive over!!  ...