A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we list our favorite short-cuts on ASR - no name

Posted: Feb 22, 2011

I have done the tutorials and been doing ASR for years and didn't know about the alt-K to break and capitalize.  Maybe this old dog could learn one or more new tricks.  Teach me everybody!!  What are the best hot keys that really work?

I like C-S-H, which make the hilited text into a header. Puts period at end of - previous work, makes header and cap 1 word after.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oops, puts period after previous WORD, and caps 1st - word after heading. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ctrl M and Ctrl Shft M - to move voice and cursor

[ In Reply To ..]
my favorite!

NEED TO LIST PLATFORM, when applicable. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I THINK THESE ALL - apply to Docspeach

[ In Reply To ..]
x

what is Docspeach? - Docs Peach/DocQspeech?

[ In Reply To ..]
???

Control Shift, A, A to from from initial caps to ALL CAPS! - DQS user

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My expander short that drops commas behind the cursor - as I move through a report may

[ In Reply To ..]
be my most frequently used.

If not, certainly the ones that drop periods and commas, capping and decapping as I move on ahead.

Or the one that backs up to change a comma to a period without changing case.

Unglamorous but used constantly. I actually prefer to make center-keyboard shorts for anything that requires hitting the backup key, even when the # of keystrokes remains the same.

My company - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
F11, delete text and type. LOL

Similar Messages:

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

Keystroke Short Cuts Word 2003
Jan 17, 2015

I work on the Beyond Text platform and would like to know if anyone knows the keystroke short cuts for Word 2003 while in a document (such as speeding/slowing dictation). Some of the ones listed under the tabs do not work for 2003.  Thank you.   ...

VR Favorite
Apr 22, 2010

i prefer VR over transcribing and would love to find a company in need of my services.  I have over 15+ years experience and I am one of the oddballs who does enjoy it.  Of course, as an IC I prefer to work my hours and days as long as I get their requirement met for TAT, which is no problem. ...

Favorite Computer?
Jul 20, 2010

I am going to be getting a new computer soon (yay!) and was just wondering what everyone's favorite computer is for doing transcription on. I am looking at a Toshiba, but I have heard they have bad speakers. Opinions please! ...

Favorite Keyboard, Anyone?
Feb 22, 2011

I'm looking at everything from old IBM clackers to Kinesis to Logitech to those funky as all get-out flat rubber keyboards a poster below mentioned. Input anyone as to why a certain keyboard is your fave? ...

What Is/was Your Favorite MT Software?
Feb 21, 2013

Hi all, I'd like to know your favorite MT software that you've worked with before.  What were the pros and cons of it?  We are looking to update our system from the old school mini-tapes that our MTs have to come in and get to something that'll allow them to stay at home and receive the dictations.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated. LW ...

A Not-so-sincere Thanks To My Favorite Dictator
Aug 18, 2010

Thank you, dear doctor, for deciding that your account has to be 100% accurate, that the 98% industry standard is "lazy" and "impossible."  I love that you decided there should be no numerals or ordinals in a medical report, that all numbers must be spelled out except the date.  I appreciate how your secretary will fax in 4 pages to complain about one isolated, non-critical error while also calling the OM repeatedly about the same error.  I enjoy that this leads to the OM calling ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Just Dropped My Favorite Headset In My
Sep 27, 2012

water glass :(  It was a really old Dictaphone headset with a three mile long cord.  I hope it works when it dries ...

What Is Your Favorite Typing Package? The More Responses The Better.
Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in?? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Your Favorite Line Count Software.
Mar 01, 2014

I know this subject has been gone over before, but I need your opinion.  I have spent the last week evaluating the line counting/invoicing programs out there, which I might add are few and far between.  I really don't like any of them!  LOL!   Could some of you share with me your experiences?  I appreciate the input! ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Favorite Site To Find Unknown Abbreviation/acronyns?
Nov 07, 2013

I've work on an account that 80% of the doctors dictate many abbreviations/acronyms that I have never heard of (I've been transcribing for 16 years).  Some of them are very hard to find.  Googling gives sites for acronyms, but mostly that is not  helpful.  A lot of them are not found in the Stedman's Abbreviations book or that particular field book.  I spend an incredible amount of time trying to find these. Can you link me to your favorte site to fi ...

MRI With Iec Cuts?
Feb 12, 2010

We will obtain MRI with iec cuts on the right. ...

MQ PAY CUTS - WHERE DO WE GO?
Aug 15, 2011

I am currently at the top of MME pay scale, where I just took a 13% pay cut.  My question is where can I go from here? ...

Pay Cuts
Feb 12, 2015

Is there anyone else in any other capacity besides transcriptionists at Nuance who are getting their pay cut because they make a mistake? ...

Keystrokes Pay Cuts
Aug 31, 2011

Don't know why you all talk about 2 pay cuts when actually we have had pay cuts from them for years.  How many have gotten a "cost of living" raise from them over the years or even a raise? ...

Nuance And Pay Cuts
Jan 05, 2013

Nuance has gobbled up my company and I now have a $400 a month pay cut with their line rates - we all do!   Can anyone recommend a stable company to try? ...

Curious About Proscript MTs And How You Are Doing After All The Cuts. Sm
Mar 02, 2010

I am quite depressed to tell you the truth.   Just curious how many of you have stayed or moved on.   I am thinking of moving on. ...

Pay Cuts For Salaried Employees
Mar 10, 2010

So, since we have gone to nearly all ASR, and have taken a pay cut of 40% basically, I think it's time that burden be shared by all employees equally.  I think it's time we hear that ALL employees have received a decrease in pay over what they made say 5 years ago.  I will even be fair, since we have the CHANCE to make it up in production supposedly, and say just cut salaried employees pay by 25% instead of 40%, just so we can all be in this together.   Before anybody ...

Meridian Healthcare Pay Cuts
May 18, 2011

Is this common practice?  I've worked for them for 7 years and now they are cutting our pay?  I havent had a raise in those 7 years, and inflation just so happens to be raising all my gas bills, grocery, clothes, and utility bills... but i should take a pay cut?   Is there ANY good company to work for out there that will pay 11 cpl or more ?  I mean for heavens sake, I've got about 15 years experience... i'm not asking for more than mere chump change, but the ...

Pay Cuts. See Inside Message
Jul 11, 2011

I think it is time for some complaints to state and federal labor boards.  It is ILLEGAL  for the Q to cut us to below the Federal minumum wage.  ...

Across The Board Pay Cuts Dropped My Pay From Avg 9.51 Hr To 7.30 Hr.
Aug 08, 2011

and I've been doing this for over 20 years!  Used to make $18 per hour doing the same thing for the same company.   Going back to school and getting the heck out of this business.  ...

How Long Does It Take For The Possible Pay Cuts To Start After
Oct 14, 2011

a buy-out by MQ and how much of a pay cut is the usual?  Any insight would be appreciated.  Contemplating a job change but would have to take a pay cut of about $50.00 a week.  ...

OSI Bought By Nuance - Pay Cuts?
Nov 13, 2011

WMX employees are notified we will find out pay adjustments to be made as we blend in with Nuance sometime in November.  Sucks... Just at holiday time.  Can you tell us, did they stick it to everyone down to the 8 and 4 cents per line?  We have found out about insurance, but like every other company the insurance is high.  We are just waiting to find out about pay.  If they cut people make 9 or 10 cents per line down to 8 there are going to be some ticked off tooties. ...

Medscribe Florida Pay Cuts
Jul 04, 2012

I saw posts on here about Medscribe pay cuts and really didn't believe it until it happened to me.  They lost their 2 biggest accounts, so what do you do, you cut the employees' pay who were bringing in the income.  I only know of the one account they lost because it happened to be the one I worked on and my income went literally to 0.  THEN when they finally decided to put me on another account, they cut my pay.  Stick a fork in me.  Once again, the greed in t ...

Questions Regarding Underemployment Due To Pay Cuts. Sm
Oct 03, 2012

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this subject.  My state does allow filing for UNDERemployment due to wage cuts.  However, in the past when my employer was bought out and wages were cut, I did not realize this was an option.  If it should happen in the future, does the employee just decline the offer of a job from the new company and then is fired and then file for under-employment or take the job and file for under-employment?  I doubt they would lay you off.  Thanks ...

Wmx First Full Paychek Wtih Pay Cuts, How Did You Do?
Jun 04, 2011

I just checked my first paycheck with both weeks with the pay cuts plus the low work and being bounced all over to tertiary accounts I do not know well. Wow I am in shock. Wondering how others are faring I took about a 20% pay cut, and am single with children with prices rising, how in the world can we budget for this??? If this continues, I think I could qualify for food stamps. I am SOOO discouraged, all of my education and experience and CMT for this?? ...