A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

moving saved auto correct entries to new computer - new computer

Posted: Nov 09, 2010

the new computer is vista with word 2007. the old computer ran XP with word 2000. i have backed the auto correct entries up on a jump drive but cant figure out how to install in word 2007, any ideas? also need to download a new spell checker or figure out how to get the old one from word 2000, as I cant find the CD where I orginally installed stedmans. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

stedmans - .

[ In Reply To ..]
I was having trouble installing my Stedman disc. I ended up calling them and they were able to download a file on my computer that gave me my spell check. They might be able to do the same for you.

This is what I used for ACL file transfer - PhillyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I went to http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Customization/ExportAutocorrect.htm, downloaded Macro9.dot, ran the "restore" macro in Macro9.dot file on new computer, and when prompted to locate entries to restore, navigated to my ACL backup file on jumpdrive.

Maybe it'll work easily for you too! Good luck!

Did this work for you to restore them in Word 2007? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

It did.. - PhillyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used it to backup ACL from WINXP-MSWORD03 environment to WINXP-MSWORD07 environment and had no trouble. I do not believe Vista would introduce any new problems as the macro really only depends on Word's functionality.

I think by default though, when trying to "restore" list in MSWORD07 the dialogue box looks for a DOCX file, but that can be switched to show all files and your regular DOC file from MSWORD03 should show up.

If you need any more help, feel free to send me direct e-mail.
You don't need a macro. Just transfer your .acl file to - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
the new computer. You probably ran into a problem with formatted entries because those are in the normal.dot and 2007 uses a different file called Normal.dotm. The macro wouldn't be able to find that file, right? I just transferred my .acl file to Windows 7 with Word 2007 without a problem.

Similar Messages:

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

Instant Text Moving Included Entries Is Not Allowed
Sep 05, 2012

Good morning all! I am trying to move an entry in Instant Text and I am getting this message -   Moving included entries is not allowed. To move entries of an included glossary, first open it into the Glossary Viewer.   Any ideas???   Thanks,   Cathy ...

Please Help Me With Auto Correct....
Jan 22, 2010

It is suddenly not working. Is there some way it can get turned off?  Thanks. ...

DQS Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

How do you turn off auto correct in DQS. Starting a new job Monday and plan on using SH so do not want the Auto Correct.  Job not at MQ. Seems I've come full circle since working at home. Started out with a compahy bought by MQ, using DQS. Left and now back using it again 7-8 years later.  Not sure if that is good or bad. Thanks for the help. ...

Turning Off Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Auto Correct. Will be starting a new job Monday and using SH, not Auto Correct.  Thanks! ...

Question Regarding Auto Correct
Feb 10, 2011

Is it possible to transfer/copy/move my auto correct entries from my Windows XP (2002 or 2003) desktop to my Windows 2010 laptop?  TIA very much.  ...

Transfer My Auto Correct
Oct 01, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my auto corrects from my computer to the computer of my employer? ...

Need Help Moving Favorites To New Computer
Oct 16, 2010

My old computer's hard drive is dying quickly. I need to move all my favorites/bookmarks  from the old one to the new one. I've tried import and Export and it doesn't work. I tried copying the favorites to a CD-ROM but don't know how to get them onto the new computer. I've spent all morning searching for the answer and trying to move them over to no avail. I tried coping the files from the CD-ROM to the new computer and supposedly it worked but I'll be durned ...

Auto Correct Files (please Don't Yell At Me)
Feb 07, 2010

I recently posted that I was finally done with the Q and hired by another company.  True, dat.  However, I forgot this one little thing. . .my auto corrects.  I rely on them extensively and it will set me back a bunch if I have to start all over again. I'll bet I've seen and read the instructions on how to do this a dozen times here at MT Stars. Now when I go back 3 months in the archives to find these how-to's, besides going cross-eyed and giving myself a headache ...

How To Use MS WORD Auto Correct Within Winscribe???
May 04, 2011

Does anyone know how to use MSWord auto correct when in side the winscribe system?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.   Thank you so much.   Gloria ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Auto-correct As A Word Expander
Jun 09, 2011

I use auto-correct as a word expander.  It works well for my account and company.  I am looking to see if anyone knows of a place that I can go to and get more ideas of additional abbreviations.  I have created my own thus far, but there has to be some other ideas for other words and phrases.  I am also looking for how to backup auto-correct in case heaven forbid my computer goes down.  TIA :) ...

Word Auto Correct Question
Sep 24, 2011

Not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, if not please forgive.  I need to know if anyone out there knows in Word how to auto correct format (-year-old or -month-old).  I just can't remember how to do it, as it has been so long.  I would appreciate any help out there.  Thanks! ...

Auto Correct In Word 2003
Oct 15, 2011

Hi . Can anyone please tell me how to make an auto correct entry in Word 2003 for -year-old with a backspace? ...

Is Auto-Correct A Sufficient Expander For EScription? Do I Need
Dec 02, 2009

If I do need Shorthand, is the $29 one-year trial of it okay, or do I need to get the $99 permanent license? ...

Auto Correct In Word 2010 - From Below Post
Feb 12, 2011

I copied and pasted my auto correct from Word 2002 from my desktop onto my laptop Word 2010.  I can see the file there but when I open auto correct, only some, very few, of the entries are there.  I have three auto correct files on my desktop and tried copying/pasting all of them into my laptop, but still only some of the entries are on my laptop.  What am I doing wrong or is there something I have to do on my laptop to activate all .acl files?  Thanks. ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

Instant Text And Auto Correct Are Compatible With Enterprise Express Editor?
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone know if Instant Text and auto correct are compatible with Enterprise Express Editor? Thanks for any responses! ...

With Auto-correct, How To Differentiate Between Well-healed And Well Healed?
Nov 24, 2009

I entered into Word Auto-Correct "wh" for well-healed, which is great until I need to type "well healed" without the hyphen. Ideas please: what do you use for short cuts for "well-healed" and for "well healed"?  Same for floor-of-mouth and floor of mouth. There must be some consistent way to do these hypen and no-hyphen phrases. TIA- ...

So Much Saved!
Oct 08, 2013

Now why would the man send us an email about how much money "they" have saved the company? To rub it in? We need to be reminded?  We know they did it by firing many, making us out of work and lowering our PTO rate and completely taking it away for part timers. Great job! We're all so happy with the savings. ...

SR Just Saved Me Some Time
Mar 03, 2012

I have some grocery shopping to do later and we love liver & onions so liver's on my list. Before shopping, I thought I'd get in a little work, and boy am I glad I did.  You might not believe in omens, but I do. The doctor said "There is no liver involvement", but the spirits of SR took this opportunity to inform me that "There is no liver in Walmart" - exactly where I had planned to shop!! These things are sent to us for a reason, don't you think? I'm off to Saf ...

Saved By All These Posts
Mar 27, 2012

After reading all this, no thanks. I'm glad I don't work there. ...

FIESA/changes Not Being Saved
Mar 26, 2015

Major error because I did not send a CC, which I am sure I did, I remember doing it.  I remember reading here before something about this and it was proven that changes made to the document were not being saved, Tech Support was involved.  Does anybody know what I'm talking about?  This is so frustrating.  I am sure I sent that copy.  I have mentioned to my TSM in the past that way too many people were complaining of the same issue for it to just be discounted. ...

Cant Get Into Teamwork, All My Saved Info Is Gone
Apr 15, 2012

anyone...did they change something?  used to be medquist then my number then password... ...

ExText Entries-Help!!!
Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Ho ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Printing Out .acl Entries From Word!!-HELP PLEASE
Apr 02, 2011

I was hoping someone could help me out. I need to print out a copy of all my .acl (auto-correct) Word entries that I have made over the years. I applied for a job and it is very possible that I will not be able to copy them into that new platform. I know there is a set of instructions on how to do this, had them, but misplaced them. All of my auto-corrects are in the Word 2000 and I have them also on a flash drive. I just want to be able to print out a hard copy so I can start entering them in a ...

EMDAT - How To Add Entries Into Autotext
Jun 11, 2012

Anyone working on Emdat know how to add entries into Autotext without signing into the work pool? Just started and need to add entries before I start typing. Thanks in advance! ...

Any Way To Save Shorthand Entries?
Aug 12, 2013

Is there any way to save all those entries that are now in the Shorthand system (which I suspect will be removed when my Nuance software is removed on my last day)? ...

Expanding Instatext Word Entries
Dec 19, 2009

With instatex, there are phrase entries on the left and word entries which show up on the right side. To expand the phrase entries you just hit the space bar after the short entry, but how do you make the word entries expand? And how do you choose the second on the list, or the third, ect. I cannot figure this stupid thing out, even after going through the help menu.   Thank you to anyone that can explain this!! ...