A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros? - momo

Posted: Feb 05, 2010

What's the benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros?  How do I add Shorthand.  Do I purchase a program?  Any idea of cost??  Thanks.

Your macros might not work on the platform you are using - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
like it did for me. I was using my own macros for years and years and then I get put on a platform (Meditech) where you cannot use your own macros/autocorrect.

I purchased PC Shorthand. They have a free 30-day trial offer and they you purchase it by month ($5-6) or yearly ($30).

I really like it.

Shorthand - KSRadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You can download a free trial of Shorthand from their website. I think it's a 30 day free trial. If you like it, you can purchase it for $99. I got it when I was on a Meditech account.

Shorthand - momo

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks all!

Similar Messages:

Shorthand Versus Speedtype
Sep 06, 2013

I'm trying to decide on an expander and already eliminated IT as beyond my capabilities.  I'm looking now at SH or ST. Can anyone explain to me what differences there are between these 2 programs?  I'm flipping back and forth between the 2 websites and am I missing something or are they essentially the exact same program but one is less expensive? Also, can anyone tell me if either or both of these programs allow identical names for abbreviations or do they require dis ...

Rule For Adding A
Mar 24, 2010

Hello. It might just be too early but can someone tell me the rule as to when to add A?  Like the doc says HISTORY: 72-year-old woman who..... Should I be adding A to the beginning? HISTORY:  A 72-year-old...   ...

Adding Disclaimers
Jan 27, 2015

Would it not be simply wonderful if we could put disclaimers in the notes to the client, stating "job done to the best of my ability, however, due to your bad dictator habits, either eating, chewing, talking or answering your cell phone, your dictation is utterly and absolutely a pain in the neck to do because you will not dictate properly and/or will not stop answering your page, and/or you are not even familiar with the patient"!!!!....oh how I would just love to attach a disclaimer to many of ...

AP Lines Not Adding Up?
Feb 16, 2015

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference in the lines at AP lately?  I have been busting my butt working as hard as possible and it seems my line counts are way lower than usual (in the 100s lower).  ...

Question About Adding RAM To A Laptop
Jan 09, 2012

I have 2 GB of RAM on my laptop and want to add 2 more.  There is an open slot to add it.  My question is do I have to take out the 2 GB already there and replace that too?  I have seen the memory sold in pairs, so they are made by the same manufacturer.  Do both cards have to be the same?  Can I just plug in a card by a different maker than the one already there?  Any help appreciated. ...

Who Is Responsible For Adding The Templates?
Sep 13, 2013

Who is responsible for adding the templates?  I am finding a lot of errors lately in these when I pull them in.  For instance, spacing.  Several, if not many, are only single spaced between the end of a sentence and the next and only 1 space after a colon.  Yet another thing to slow us down.  Got "dinged" for pulling one in and not changing.  I assumed (yes we all know what happens when you assume).  That will never happen again if I can help it.  Also noticing 1 space between state ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Line Count Wasn't Quite adding Up
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone felt like their line count wasn't quite adding up to what it should be in the past week or is it just my imagination?       ...

Adding More To My Plate - M Modal, Transtech, Accentus, And/or SoftScript
May 11, 2012

I looked through the archives and found not a lot current about any of these places as far as pay and how the accounts run (straight typing or mostly editing) So I am testing or interviewing with all of them right now to add to my egg basket.  Transtech offered 8.5 cents straight typing and 4.5 for editing, said it would mostly be editing.  I hate editing.  Wanted more straight typing.  Only really good thing I could find was the paying $40 for your internet after 90 days.&n ...

Macros?
Feb 01, 2011

I want to be able to type a couple of letters and have a whole physical exam for a certain dictator appear in my Word document.  Do I use a macro for that?  If not, how do I do this?  Any info would be great!! Thanks. ...

Are Macros Possible?
Jan 28, 2015

Lately I have been getting 60% of my work coming through as letters, and I need to know if there is any way I can shorten the process of inserting the Address, Body and Closing headings with some type of macro to avoid so many repetitive keystrokes.  ...

Macros In Word?
Apr 16, 2011

I've always worked from home and used Word Perfect.  Now I'm back in the office - one of offices I've contracted with for years, but they have Word.  It's taking me forever, and I can't figure out how to build macros in Word like I had in Word Perfect.  Help??? ...

Medent Macros
Jan 17, 2013

Does anyone know how to go about setting up macros within Medent? It's a Word based program.  ...

Need Dictaphone Macros
Feb 12, 2015

I'm a former employee, now working as an IC, and had been so used to all the macros that were built into Microsoft Word when they installed Dictatphone/ExEditor.  Unfortunately, you can only access those while ExEditor is open, and I forgot to copy them out of there so I could use them later. Any chance I could get someone on here that is still working on ExEditor to copy their macros and paste them here?  Essentially you'd just need to be in ExEditor with Word open... then ...

Are You Paid For Expanded Macros?
Nov 10, 2010

I just recently started on a new account where there are lots of macros we have to spend time choosing and selecting carefully.  I'm not sure if I'm even getting paid for the fully expanded macros or just wasting time while the doc mumbles and fumbles about which macros to choose and all for free.  I have an E-mail in to the supervisor, but the more advanced technology gets in this field, the more it seems we work for free.  I'm venturing that we do not get paid fo ...

Can Someone Help Me With Macros? Dictaphone EXEditor
Aug 29, 2012

I have written some macros to help with certain formatting issues with Dictaphone EXEditor.  However, I cannot get them to "stick" from session to session.  I have to continually create them daily.  How can I get them to SAVE and be available to me even after I sign out and sign on the next day?   Thank you in advance for your help! ...

Editing Macros, Anybody Willing To Share
Aug 24, 2014

I use Shorthand 10, and just am getting into SR.  I know there are good macros for working with SR, but I cannot remember the ones I had before.  Would anyone be willing to share their's with me and others?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Creating Macros And Autotext In MS Word 2003
Sep 22, 2010

I know this is probably pretty basic for most people but I just started using MS Word for one of my new MT jobs and there are a lot of repetitive phrases, salutations etc and I want to create my own macros and Autotext but can't seem to find some definitive answers on the internet. I have been working for over 20 years for a hospital who provided all the up to date auto text and macros so I didn't have to create them so now I'm lost. Thanks for any help or advice. ...

Macros Not Holding And Foot Pedal Program Not
Oct 25, 2012

I just recently upgrade to Windows 7 from XP.  I was wondering if there is something different I need to do in programming things or making macros. I have a macro I use to move around in documents.  I never had issues with building this in XP or it working.  BUT I have built it now four times.  It seems to work just fine till I reboot the computer and then it is lost.  Or today it seemed to work till I exited WORD2003 and then came back.  AND I finally got th ...

Need Help With Macros/auto Text In Microsoft Office 7 Professional Version
Oct 08, 2010

I will start working from home as an MT next week, however have discovered that the software (Microsoft Office 7, Professional Version) required by the company is quite different from 2003 version.  I have used autotext for years when transcribing by simply highlighting and saving to keyboard strokes easy to remember, but the 07 version has several other names for autotext like building blocks, etc, and will only allow 255 characters.  I have tried setting up a macro, as well with diff ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Do You Think There Is Any Benefit To
Sep 04, 2012

studying for a "Certificate in Electronic Medical Records?" I'm not sure coding is for me; it sounds like accounting, not my strong suit. Am having to switch gears from MT to something else soon. Thanks. ...

Benefit Rate
Jul 13, 2010

I thought I was prepared for the benefit rate letter.   As far as I could tell, my pay had been at least the same and once in a while actually a few dollars higher.  So, how can my benefit rate go DOWN $1 PER HOUR???????????  I was prepared that it would not be higher, but I think this is just plain wrong.  Like the other poster said - wouldn't I have noticed if I was making $80-88 per paycheck LESS (80-88 hours full time average at minus $1 per hour)??  What a bunch of hooey.  ...

New Benefit Rate
Feb 15, 2012

Are you kidding me?  Now I am down to $10 an hour for my benefit rate.  I pulled out all my old rates and it shows a steady decline.  Seriously, it CAN'T be all me.  I have dropped from $17.25 to $16.16 to 14.39 to 13.58 to 12.56 to 10.60 to now 10.00.  Is everyone else going through the same?  I type the same as I always have for years and years and years, the only change is this ASR which apparently is the death of me. ...

Benefit Rates
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone received a letter about calculating your new benefit rate? I have had the same rate since probably last spring. I don't think they are calculating them every six months even though they say they do. I went on vacay in June and I am making the same benefit rate now that I was then. That was 8 months ago.  I know for a fact that my benefit rate is now higher than it was then,maybe that is why. It is cheaper for them to keep it lower. ...

Got New Benefit Ltr Today :(
Feb 06, 2013

all stats way up...benefit rate way down. Going to have to do some digging and calling to see how they justified this current pay cut. But on the bright side, it makes me more determined than ever to get out of this mess. ...