A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Poorly written article, but - things that make you go hmmm

Posted: Nov 23, 2011

This article is very poorly (almost badly) written, but it makes you think - if the US is going to investigate Alibaba for wanting to own Yahoo, then why not other companies, like MQ that is buying up American MT companies at a rapid pace. 

Haven't read the article....sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
but, going by your comment, I would have to say the reason that ocmpanies like MQ and MTSOs are not being investigated because they do not have the exposure that Yahoo does. We are, by and large, an invisible industry. We provide a vital service, but we are not a visible entity to very many outside of our own profession. While we are visible to hospital and clinic administrators, simply by virtue of the service we provide, they are not about to step to our defense as offshoring our jobs saves them money, which is the name of the game for them. Sad commentary for our profession, but true.

True, but there's also POLITICS. - Reader

[ In Reply To ..]
You had better believe that POLITICS definitely impacts who does and does not get investigated.

The Q is owned by Soros, Warburg, et al. Soros is one of Obama's advisors.

Nuff said.

Similar Messages:

MModal Is SO Poorly Run. They NEVER Learn.
Mar 22, 2014

Once in a while I come back here and read the posts and am reminded of how much I despise this corrupt, ruthless, cutthroat company. They have NO IDEA how to manage money or to treat their employees. The higher-ups still get paid top dollar while everyone else keeps getting pay cuts. They thought they could pay us as little as possible and expect near perfect work but karma is a bi...... as they say. I can't believe what is going on and I feel so bad for all the wonderful MT/MEs, especially ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

DB HL, How Is It Written?
Jul 22, 2010

How would dB HL be written? dBHL, db HL, DBHL? I'm dong an audiology report and can't verify this. ...

Has Anyone Ever Written To Any Of These
Apr 03, 2012

offering 3 cpl for editing and letting them know what you think of that?  I saw an ad from TTD offering 3 cpl but then stating you can make excellent line counts because the dictators are so clear.  LOL  I would love to email them and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves.  ...

Written By Every MT Who Really Had Something To Say.
Sep 24, 2012

There is a profession well hidden from the world, but involves your everyday care when you go to see your doctor. The skill is called transcription and a transcriptionist is the person trained to prepare a dictated voice recording from your medical provider into a legal document that goes into your medical record. When transcription became a skilled job back in the early 1960-1970s, the reports were typed on a manual typewriter, and then progressed onto the electric typewriter, and on to com ...

Written Warning
Sep 12, 2013

If you have had a written warning, is there something you are supposed to sign? I have seen people getting written up and talking about signing, but I was never told to sign anything in Ultipro. And now it makes me wonder if I was written up at all or just told another lie! ...

Post Written By SR
Nov 30, 2013

hello. I'm posting this using Google speech recognition. Its a program on my android tablet. I never noticed it was here before. It isn't dragon. It isn't capital dragon. Well I guess I can't figure out how to make the capital letter show up, but I think if I found the instructions I probably could. If this tablet computer program works this well for me now, you can imagine how well front end speech recognition works for doctors and hospitals. Sure, there are some minor typos ...

I Made 99% On My Audit. Will I Get Written Up?
Dec 02, 2012

Usually I get a higher score. but I have a feeling I will be hearing from my boss because I only made 99% this time. ...

How Is Prescription For BIPap Written
Dec 15, 2012

Patient has ALS with significant respiratory involvement.  Prescription was for BiPap at 8 04 pressure.  How should this be written?  Is it 804, 8:04 or some other way these prescriptions are written? Thanks for your help. ...

Procedure: LeFort One Or 1, 2P Osteotomy. How Is That Written?? Nm
Feb 17, 2010

xx ...

Allergies Written As Loridine And Fofranil.
Feb 06, 2012

Any help figuring these 2 allergies out?  I get a copy of history and physical sheet from the one PA because he has such a terrible time with meds, allergies, etc. These 2 allergies are written like this on sheet.  The one, Fofranil, is a written scribble literally!!  Thanks for any help!  Patient with PMH of reflux, hypothyroidism, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, endocarditis, vitamin D deficiency, arrhythmia, double vision, sinusitis, irregular heartbeat and depression.  ...

Mid - Must It Be Written With Another Word Or Can It Be Separate Or Hyphenated?
Mar 24, 2013

midabdomen or mid abdomen - which would be correct or is either equally correct? ...

Softscript - Passed The First Written Test
May 20, 2014

I passed the first written test. I have noted some remarks about SS but nothing current. I am just needing PT. Would anyone want to share any comments about SS? This business is not what it used to be, but at least of all resumes I have sent out at least they have replied. Next is possibly up to a 2-hour interview, which I have never done before. I know everyone has their own opinions and experiences too, but right now I am needing a job good or bad. Appreciate any thoughts. ...

Amniotic Fluid Index, How Is It Written?
Jan 13, 2015

As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm. As result biophysical profile is performed with an amniotic fluid index of 1.75+3.00+ 3.5 cm.    Is this correct or should the + signs be written out as 1.75 plus 3.00 plus 3.5 cm. TIA ...

Curious If There Is Anywhere Written How To Type Diagnoses When A Code Is Given First.
Mar 26, 2014

Is it written somewhere how to type diagnoses when the code is given first? Axis I: 301.82 Depression, not otherwise specified. (This code and diagnosis might not be accurate but just an example.) Do you put a dash between the code and diagnosis, or a comma after the code and little "d" in depression? or two spaces with capital D for depression? ...

Ciprodex HC? I Didn't Find That In My Book...written Correctly??
Oct 01, 2010

Thanks. ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

This Article Just Says It All.
Oct 09, 2012

Whole WSJ Article
Mar 08, 2014

A medical services company owned by a J.P. Morgan Chase JPM +0.85% & Co. private-equity arm is preparing to file for bankruptcy protection in the next two weeks as it struggles under a hefty debt load and declining sales, people familiar with the matter said.M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these people said. The bankruptcy negotiations come about 18 months after One Equity Partners took ...

How Should Numerals Next To Numerals Be Written Out For Medications?
Jun 20, 2012

Doc dictates "omega-3 1000 mg, vitamin B12 1000 mcg, vitamin D3 2000 international units" My feeling is maybe it should be expanded to "omega-3 one-thousand mg, vitamin B12 one-thousand mcg, and vitamin D3 two-thousand international units," but that feels wrong.   Anyone have any suggestions? ...

MedicalScribes - An Article About Them
Sep 07, 2010

This is an interesting article about using medical scribes to do transcription.  It is a way for doctors to create electronic medical records and not have to enter information into computers themselves. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/06/health/la-he-medical-scribes-20100906 ...

Interesting Article On VBC...
Jun 14, 2011

http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/VBC-Compensation-for-MTs.aspx Read the comments too.  The second one is on point! ...

Article About Nuance
Feb 19, 2011

I don't work for Nuance or the other 3 MTSOs listed, but I found this article clear and with devastating details about the exact cost of what happens to the local economy when employers opt to switch to the offshoring companies: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/University-of-Utah-Hospital-sending-local-jobs/ApYQbQl0d0OqwCx2vzmjlQ.cspx or search "University of Utah Hospital sending local jobs overseas" "Hundreds of people just like Rachelle are losing their jobs at medical tra ...

Article About MT Credentialing
Apr 09, 2011

I just brought in my mail and there was the March 28 issue of "For the Record", a magazine that was part of my AHDI membership benefits. I don't know why they're still sending it to me because my AHDI membership ran out, but I the cover story of this issue is "The MT Credentialing Debate: What do Medical Transcriptionists Gain by Adding RMT or CMT to Their Resumes?" I haven't started reading it yet, but it should be interesting! ...

Recent Article About MQ
Aug 01, 2011

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2011/08/medquists-new-ceo-re-branding-on.html   They seem pretty happy about having 28 sites in India and want to keep offshoring more of their work.  I really wonder how many Americans, if properly educated about the whole thing, would really want their medical history sent overseas.  I know clinics/hospitals don't care.  They are using MQ and other services that offshore because they want to save a buck on services.  Yeah I know, s ...

Interesting Article...
Aug 07, 2011

This just basically proves that it still takes a human to do what a computer can't do...     ...

A Link To An Article
Mar 14, 2012

http://mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/25/medical-transcription-a-salary-perspective-over-11-years/ Article about MTs salaries compared to other jobs in the HIM department.  If you don't want to click on the link, google the following:  Medical Transcription A Salary Perspective over 11 years. ...

Good Article: ST Vs. SR
Jun 16, 2012

MTs Need to Get Off Inaccurate Pay Scale http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/050712p29.shtml#.T7hYiI60y30.facebook ...

Another Interesting Article...sm
Jul 12, 2012

found this interesting and encouraging... ...

Medigrafix Article
Aug 22, 2012

http://www.wowt.com/factfinders/headlines/Medical-Workers-Not-Being-Paid-166705406.html?mobile=yes ...